The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: Cumbria & North Lancs (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Lakeland Motor Museum Meet; (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=220716)

Bluejon 8th July 2015 20:37

Lakeland Motor Museum Meet;

After a recent visit to the Motor Museum,I have arranged with them to hold a meet there on;

Date; Sunday 20th September 2015

Time; 11.00 Hrs but can arrive later if you have some distance to travel.

www.lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk

The Museum have also advised me,there is a 10% discount on entry into the Museum for Members who carry their 75 & ZT Owners Club Membership Card,so please be advised,to receive the discount,you must have your card with you.

I have also added the Museum website for attendees &/or Families who wish to take advantage of attractions joint with the Museum whereby you can purchase separate or combined ticket/s for the Museum &/or travel on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Steam Railway &/or a cruise along Lake Windermere on the Windermere Steamers.

I will of course be in touch with RS's of the following Regions,to hopefully have this event placed in their sections to see if we can create further interest from Members from further afield,this is in no-way restricted to those Regions,as all are very welcome indeed the more the merrier.

Scottish Region.
North East Region.
Yorkshire Region.
North West Region.

Very Much in line with the Gretna meet,which incidentally in the very beginning I had a hand-in with DerekOsb,I would very much like this event to become an Annual event, again,dependant on the interest,if we can get a good turn out,we could gauge if a goer for an Annual.

For Members interested in attending this meet,could you please add your name in the Cumbria Region,I will then add you to the list,many thanks in anticipation of your possible interest.

This is a fantastic venue for meets like ours,the Museum staff are always very accommodating & always welcoming towards us,as have held events there before,indeed our own Club held it's 2nd National meet of 2012 there in September of that Year,so come on Guy's 'n' Gal's put your names down,let's have a good-un.

ATTENDEES

01 Bluejon
02 Silvervixen
03 Simondi [Possible]
04 Freebyrd
05 vindaloo
06 ssizefive
07 FLYER [Possible]
08 willshot
09 suzublu
10 Fusilier
11 bigd & Gloria
12 marshap123
13 sworks
14 Bri & Linda
15 JIMBO
16 Rovernut
17 myfirstrover
18 RobSun
19 NewGuyPete
20 dan-2711

EVENT DISCLAIMER.

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet & as such is not covered by the Clubs Public Liability Insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Simondi 8th July 2015 21:04

Pop me down as a possible, I love the Lake District:}

Freebyrd 8th July 2015 21:07

Add me to the list John, A nice way to end my week in the Lakes.

vindaloo 8th July 2015 21:32

Please add me to the list John, I will do my best to attend.

ssizefive 8th July 2015 21:39

Please could you add me to the list John.

Thanks
Steve

(ps: i haven't forgotton about our conversation the other week - still working on it )

Bluejon 8th July 2015 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2041836)
Pop me down as a possible, I love the Lake District:}

Hi Simon,

Many thanks,much appreciated,hope you can make it

Best Regards.

John.

Bluejon 8th July 2015 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by vindaloo (Post 2041855)
Please add me to the list John, I will do my best to attend.

Hi Jim,

Many thanks Mate hope you can make it.

Best Regards.

John.

Bluejon 8th July 2015 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssizefive (Post 2041859)
Please could you add me to the list John.

Thanks
Steve

(ps: i haven't forgotton about our conversation the other week - still working on it )

Many thanks Steve,good on yer mate,glad to have you along,thanks for above very much appreciated.

Best Regards.

John.

FLYER 8th July 2015 22:46

Put me down as a possible John.

Excellent venue .

Was there with the late Tam Leek in 2012.

Bluejon 8th July 2015 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 2041898)
Put me down as a possible John.

Excellent venue .

Was there with the late Tam Leek in 2012.

Certainly will George,be good to see you,although will see you at Gretna before then,anyhow Mate,many thanks for your interest in this much appreciated,hope you can make it.

Best Regards.

John.

willshot 9th July 2015 07:46

Hi Jon,

can you add me to the list, please.

Regards

Will

suzublu 9th July 2015 11:27

Yes Please John:D

Fusilier 9th July 2015 16:16

Lakeland

Jon

Please add me mate, and I have published it up for you on the North East Region

Regards

Stuart

Graham1961 10th July 2015 17:54

Hi John.

If i can get that weekend off i will attend.

Will confirm either way as soon as i know.

I have never been to the Lakes before so hopefully i can make it.

Bluejon 10th July 2015 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by willshot (Post 2042013)
Hi Jon,

can you add me to the list, please.

Regards

Will

Good on yer Will,be great to see you & your stunning motor in the Lake District,see if you can shanghai a few of the Yorkshire Lads to come along lol,should be a good day,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John.

Bluejon 10th July 2015 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 2042312)
Jon

Please add me mate, and I have published it up for you on the North East Region

Regards

Stuart

Many thanks for coming along Stu,very much appreciated & thanks for placing this in your Region,Hope you can manage to get a few of your Lads to come along.

Also Stu,hope you are planning to bring Gruple along with you,I would like to get some good shots of Her in the Lake District.

Best Regards.

John.

Bluejon 10th July 2015 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2042133)
Yes Please John:D

Good on yer Ronnie,knew you wouldn't let me down Mate,see you on't Moor's this Sunday.

Best Regards.

John.

Bluejon 10th July 2015 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAHAM1961 (Post 2043159)
Hi John.

If i can get that weekend off i will attend.

Will confirm either way as soon as i know.

I have never been to the Lakes before so hopefully i can make it.

Hi Graham,

First off,I hope your ankle is getting better,also many thanks for your interest in this,I hope you can get the weekend off,I would hate for you to miss a trip to the Lakes.

I think you would love it & feel very much at home,just like the Highlands really, only on a smaller scale.

If you could get the time off,have a word with Brian [Freebyrd] he's staying down in Bowness-on-Windermere for a few days,maybe you could do something similar,thanks once again Graham,hope you can make it.

Best Regards.

John.

NigelOBB 11th July 2015 23:54

Hi John put me down as a maybe

bigd 12th July 2015 21:30

Thanks Jon for adding ours names it was great to see you both at the lion

NigelOBB 18th July 2015 10:11

John can you pull me of the list for this one, I am on the training course that weekend 😕. Hope you all enjoy, next year may be..

marshap123 23rd July 2015 21:05

Hi
Please can you add me to the list for this one. I'll bring the 260 along.
Thanks
Peter

sworks 24th July 2015 05:45

I'm a possible for this John, will know better nearer the time

Bluejon 25th July 2015 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshap123 (Post 2053319)
Hi
Please can you add me to the list for this one. I'll bring the 260 along.
Thanks
Peter

Many thanks Peter,very much appreciated,look forward to meeting up with you.

Best Regards.

John.

Bluejon 25th July 2015 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 2053441)
I'm a possible for this John, will know better nearer the time

Will add you as a possible Mark,many thanks,very much appreciated.

Best Regards.

John.

Bluejon 7th August 2015 00:36

Just a little reminder for the above meet.

The Museum have also advised me,there is a 10% discount on entry into the Museum for Members who carry their 75 & ZT Owners Club Membership Card,so please be advised,to receive the discount,you must have your card with you.

I have also added the Museum website for attendees &/or Families who wish to take advantage of attractions joint with the Museum whereby you can purchase separate or combined ticket/s for the Museum &/or travel on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Steam Railway &/or a cruise along Lake Windermere on the Windermere Steamers.

I will of course be in touch with RS's of the following Regions,to hopefully have this event placed in their sections to see if we can create further interest from Members from further afield,this is in no-way restricted to those Regions,as all are very welcome indeed the more the merrier.

Scottish Region.
North East Region.
Yorkshire Region.
North West Region.

Very Much in line with the Gretna meet,which incidentally in the very beginning I had a hand-in with DerekOsb,I would very much like this event to become an Annual event, again,dependant on the interest,if we can get a good turn out,we could gauge if a goer for an Annual.

For Members interested in attending this meet,could you please add your name in the Cumbria Region,I will then add you to the list,many thanks in anticipation of your possible interest.

This is a fantastic venue for meets like ours,the Museum staff are always very accommodating & always welcoming towards us,as have held events there before,indeed our own Club held it's 2nd National meet of 2012 there in September of that Year,so come on Guy's 'n' Gal's put your names down,let's have a good-un.

ATTENDEES

01 Bluejon
02 Silvervixen
03 Simondi [Possible]
04 Freebyrd
05 vindaloo
06 ssizefive
07 FLYER [Possible]
08 willshot
09 suzublu
10 Fusilier
11 bigd & Gloria
12 marshap123
13 sworks [Possible]

EVENT DISCLAIMER.

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet & as such is not covered by the Clubs Public Liability Insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

marshap123 11th August 2015 11:46

You mention a club membership card for a discount when entering the museum. How do I go about obtaining one of these cards? I am a fully paid up member of the club but I don't believe I have ever received a card?

It was good to see you this weekend and I like the photos that you posted up - the one of mine and Steve's cars is excellent and is now set as my background picture on my laptop at work :}

BRI 11th August 2015 22:35

Could you include Bri and Linda pls
Ta

Bluejon 12th August 2015 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRI (Post 2069240)
Could you include Bri and Linda pls
Ta

Certainly Bri,many thanks, very much appreciated.

Best Regards.

John.

Simondi 12th August 2015 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshap123 (Post 2068651)
You mention a club membership card for a discount when entering the museum. How do I go about obtaining one of these cards? I am a fully paid up member of the club but I don't believe I have ever received a card?

It was good to see you this weekend and I like the photos that you posted up - the one of mine and Steve's cars is excellent and is now set as my background picture on my laptop at work :}

You should have received a card with your members pack. If not drop J1mbo a pm

J1MBO 12th August 2015 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshap123 (Post 2068651)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2069384)
You should have received a card with your members pack. If not drop J1mbo a pm

Peter,

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=84894

I'll also drop you a pm.

J1MBO 15th August 2015 12:56

Put me down as a possible John, I'll confirm nearer the day.

Bluejon 16th August 2015 21:38

Just a little reminder for the above meet.

Bluejon 16th August 2015 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 2071880)

Many thanks Jim,will do Mate

Best Regards.

John.

Rovernut 29th August 2015 12:12

Looking forward to this meet again, and will either bring the caravan or the wife.......... or both if she reads this!:}
Chris

Bluejon 1st September 2015 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rovernut (Post 2083894)
Looking forward to this meet again, and will either bring the caravan or the wife.......... or both if she reads this!:}
Chris

Fantastic Chris,been far too long since we last met,many thanks & look forward to seeing, hopefully all three of you.

Best Regards.

John.

myfirstrover 3rd September 2015 09:45

Could you put my name down for this please , looks like a good day out.

J1MBO 4th September 2015 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 2071880)

John, I'll definitely be attending, looking forward to it :D.

Bluejon 5th September 2015 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by myfirstrover (Post 2087828)
Could you put my name down for this please , looks like a good day out.

Certainly will Jon,look forward to meeting you,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John.

Bluejon 5th September 2015 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 2088782)
John, I'll definitely be attending, looking forward to it :D.

Thats fantastic news Jim,will change the list,many thanks Mate.

Best Regards.

John.

RobSun 7th September 2015 16:08

I will be able to make this now so could you put my name down please.

Thanks Bob

Bluejon 7th September 2015 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobSun (Post 2090960)
I will be able to make this now so could you put my name down please.

Thanks Bob

Many thanks Bob,will do look forward to see you.

Best Regards.

John.

bigd 9th September 2015 16:53

Hi ,John as you probably know by now I am roverless so wud it still be ok to come to Lakeland in my little Peugeot next weekend cheers Derek:}:D:shrug::drool4::shrug::bowdown::bowdown:: bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Bluejon 9th September 2015 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigd (Post 2092328)
Hi ,John as you probably know by now I am roverless so wud it still be ok to come to Lakeland in my little Peugeot next weekend cheers Derek:}:D:shrug::drool4::shrug::bowdown::bowdown:: bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Hi Derek,

Of course mate,you & Gloria are most welcome anytime anywhere,whatever you travel in,just glad to see you both there.

Sorry to hear you haven't got the old girl anymore,I didn't know until Brian [actros] phoned the other night to say steve had got his old car back from you.

Have you any plans to be a 75er again in the future? Are you both still going to the National in October,we hope you both are,as you were booked into the same hotel & it wouldn't be the same with you both.

Hope Gloria & Yourself are keeping well,take care & look forward to seeing you both at Lakeland.

Best Regards.

John.

NewGuyPete 10th September 2015 11:22

John,
Would it be too much trouble, to add me to the list, please.
Pete.

Bluejon 10th September 2015 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewGuyPete (Post 2092823)
John,
Would it be too much trouble, to add me to the list, please.
Pete.

No trouble at all Pete,a pleasure to add you to the list,look forward to meeting you,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John.

bigd 11th September 2015 15:50

Hi john (Joke)I still have the old girl it's the rover I have given back he he :D:D. Yes we will still be going to national at leyland and no plans to get another Se you all up there next weekend we are up on Friday afternoon and staying till after Lakeland meet on Sunday won't be long see you all soon Derek/ Gloria:bowdown::bowdown:

ssizefive 11th September 2015 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigd (Post 2093745)
Hi john (Joke)I still have the old girl it's the rover I have given back he he :D:D. Yes we will still be going to national at leyland and no plans to get another Se you all up there next weekend we are up on Friday afternoon and staying till after Lakeland meet on Sunday won't be long see you all soon Derek/ Gloria:bowdown::bowdown:

I hope Gloria doesn't read this post & of course, you can trust me not to tell her what you said :D:D

Steve.

bigd 12th September 2015 18:04

I trust you completely Steve

dan-2711 13th September 2015 12:29

I should be able to make it first ever meet in my ZT

sworks 13th September 2015 22:09

I've changed myself from possible to going, saying that, the new car hopefully arrives Saturday so I might be in the R8 coupe instead of the 75 :)

Bluejon 13th September 2015 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan-2711 (Post 2095097)
I should be able to make it first ever meet in my ZT

Many thanks,will certainly add you to the list,welcome to the club & look forward to meeting you at the meet.

Best Regards.

John.

PS,

Subscribed Members who have their club membership card with them, qualify for a 10% discount on entry to the Motor Museum.

Bluejon 13th September 2015 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 2095524)
I've changed myself from possible to going, saying that, the new car hopefully arrives Saturday so I might be in the R8 coupe instead of the 75 :)

Many thanks Mark,will change the list accordingly.

Best Regards.

John.

ssizefive 18th September 2015 12:00

Looking forward to Sundays meet, lets hope for a nice day as well.

Steve.

Bluejon 18th September 2015 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssizefive (Post 2099001)
Looking forward to Sundays meet, lets hope for a nice day as well.

Steve.

Thanks Steve, really looking forward to this one myself,latest weather forecast for Sunday doesn't look too bad,fingers crossed,see you Sunday Mate,have a safe journey up.

Best Regards.

John.

FrazzleTC 18th September 2015 21:02

I might pop in on my way up from the Event City Manchester Car Show, but I can't make any promises! :)

Bluejon 18th September 2015 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrazzleTC (Post 2099394)
I might pop in on my way up from the Event City Manchester Car Show, but I can't make any promises! :)

Hope you can make it Fraser,would be good to see you there,will keep my fingers crossed,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John.

Fusilier 19th September 2015 18:51

Lakeland Museum

Looking forward to the meet tomorrow, but am in a bit of a dilemma, as to which car to take, the Blue ZT or the new Cat, both have been cleaned and polished today, and are ready to go, so I think I will have to decide in the morning, but suspect that it will be the ZT, as it is a 75 and ZT Meet

Stu

Bluejon 19th September 2015 20:26

Hi Everyone,

A final call for anyone [all welcome]wishing to have a run to the Lakes, on what should be a nice day,a fantastic venue awaits you,in a glorious setting.

The Motor Museum itself,where the meet is being held,there is also the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway a short distance away,which takes you up to Lakeside,at the foot of Windermere Lake where you can catch the Steamers for a lovely cruise on the Lake to either Bowness or Ambleside.

Also a reminder to subscribed members to have your club membership card with you to qualify for a 10% discount into the Motor Museum.

I have also followed in Stu's [Fusilier]footsteps,hope you don't mind Mate,in having some rosettes made,as a little memento of the day & as a mark of appreciation to members attending,many thanks Guy's.

Really looking forward to this one,meeting up with you all again,so heres to a good day,to all attending have a safe journey & see you all Tomorrow.

Best Regards.

John.

Simondi 20th September 2015 07:40

Have s great day chaps, I'm thinking of you:}

Fusilier 20th September 2015 18:21

Lakeland Motor Museum

Got back about 1745 hrs and had a bite to eat, but wanted to say a massive thanks to the Birthday Boy, he did us proud, was nice to meet friends old and new

The drive down took longer than I though, but drive back was excellent except one spot on the A66, which had a set of traffic light, for no reason other than to cause congestion, but otherwise a lovely drive back.

And to mark the day, Jon and Jan, provided us with a fantastic rosette, and it is greatly appreciated.

Once again Jon, Happy Birthday, and thanks very much for organising today

Stu

myfirstrover 20th September 2015 18:53

:} Thanks to all for a cracking day out , the museum was well worth a visit , it was nice to meet everyone , and the rosette was a really nice touch , even had a nice drive home through Alston on the A 686 which was very scenic , all in all a great day out

sworks 20th September 2015 19:36

Had a good day today, thanks for organising it John

ssizefive 20th September 2015 19:36

Had a great time today, it was good to catch up with everyone.
Many thanks (& happy birthday ) to John for arranging the day & look forward to the next one.
I took a few pictures but am struggling to get them to upload at the moment so sorry to the people whose cars i have not added.

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/r...psurmaahuh.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps70terbet.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/r...psfo0o4xuq.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/r...pseqbh6uje.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/r...psa8c1zupk.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/r...pstuykhdmm.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/r...psiulca1au.jpg

Steve.

J1MBO 20th September 2015 20:17

Great time, nice to meet up with everybody and "chew the fat".

Many thanks to the birthday boy John for organising it all, thanks also for the rosette it was a rather nice touch.

Nice pictures Steve :bowdown:, I'd just decided to give up on Photobucket :rolleyes:.

Journey home on the M6 was somewhat eventful, passed Chris (Rovernut) as he joined at junction 35, then ran into heavy slow moving traffic which turned out to be due to an accident in the third lane (closed) just before junction 34, Chris ended up behind me, not sure though if he realised this. Finally arrived home about an hour later than expected at 7:00pm, oh the joys of travelling on the M6.

suzublu 20th September 2015 20:20

Really sorry to have missed this:o More pressing matters I'm afraid. Looks like you all enjoyed it & I look forward to the next one John:bowdown: Oh, & Happy Birthday;):}

Bluejon 20th September 2015 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2100797)
Really sorry to have missed this:o More pressing matters I'm afraid. Looks like you all enjoyed it & I look forward to the next one John:bowdown: Oh, & Happy Birthday;):}

Very sorry you couldn't make it today Ronnie,but fully understand, you were a big miss Bud,a really good day was had by all I think,had some rosettes made for the meet,have one here for you,will bring it over to Bowes next week.

Jan,Myself,Lisa,Joan & La-al Fella Will, missed you today& would like to send our very best wishes,hope all is well.

Cheers Mate....John.

Bluejon 20th September 2015 23:24

Jan,Myself & the Family would like to pass on our sincere thanks to all who attended the Lakeland Meet today & for all your very kind & encouraging words,very much appreciated.

Spoke to the Museum staff afterwards who are very enthusiastic to have us back,so on that encouraging note,I personally would like to arrange for this meet to hopefully become an Annual event,very much on the theme of the Gretna Meet,have you Guy's any thoughts on this.

Once again,many thanks for making today possible & we hope you all had a safe journey home,take care everyone until we see you all again.

Best Wishes.

John & Jan.

willshot 21st September 2015 07:39

Smashing day out at Lakeland Museum, thanks John for organizing this event. Happy birthday for yesterday. Good to meet friends old and new. Venue was excellent. Some top notch cars on display including good examples of Rover 800 and SD1 Vitesse. My favourite was Mk1 Escort Mexico.
The three hour journey home was OK except for dozy cow on 4X4 towing a caravan on the A65 doing 30-40 !!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad: I managed to stot passed her on a straight bit and all was well after that. :D:D:D

RobSun 21st September 2015 08:04

Thanks John for arranging this great meet at a terrific venue. It was good to meet old and new friends and put the world straight. I hope you enjoyed your birthday and chocolate cake.

I certainly would come again if you make it an annual event, in fact I am going to suggest it for a northern Dolomite club also.

The journey home was uneventful, slower than when coming due to the volume of returning holidaymakers and a lorry. Only down side mad bikers all seeming to have a Lemming like death wish overtaking en mass on double white lines brow of hills and blind bends. What is it with these guys???

Bob

NewGuyPete 21st September 2015 09:42

As already been said by many, John thanks for arranging this meet and also hope it gave you a Happy Birthday. Would love to do it again, very pleasant folks who attended, and good conversations amongst many.

Freebyrd 21st September 2015 12:26

Well done John, another good meet. It would be great to make this meet an annual event, perfect venue.

Bluejon 21st September 2015 14:39

Silvervixen
Freebyrd
ssizefive
marshap123
Fusilier
willshot
bigd & Gloria
sworks
Rovernut
JIMBO
RobSun
myfirstrover
NewGuyPete
suzublu
Simondi
FLYER
vindaloo
Bri & Linda
dan-2711

Firstly,I would sincerely like to thank everyone who put their names forward for this meet,very much appreciated,many thanks Guy's.

Secondly,my sorrow to the Members who could not make it,another time possibly,

Last,but certainly no means least,I would like to pay special thanks to the Members,Friends & Family who attended with them,including my own Family,for attending thus helping to make this such an extra special meet for me on the occasion of my Birthday,many,many thanks everyone deeply appreciated.

As I have previously said,I would love to make this an Annual Event around this time of the year,so will start the ball rolling in the New Year,thus giving time to intending Members to make necessary arrangements.

Just remains to say a very big thank you from Jan & Myself again to everyone & to round the meet season off,hope to see many of you at the Bowes Museum Meet next weekend & the Clubs National Meet at Leyland the following weekend

Very Best Wishes.

Jan & John.

Btw Seems to have my thanks button

2Diesels 22nd September 2015 07:18

I really enjoyed the meet on Sunday, nice to catch up with everyone, I'd forgotten just how good that little museum was. I'd be up for a return visit next year. Well done John:}

Bluejon 23rd September 2015 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Diesels (Post 2101754)
I really enjoyed the meet on Sunday, nice to catch up with everyone, I'd forgotten just how good that little museum was. I'd be up for a return visit next year. Well done John:}

Many thanks for that Col,It was good to catch up with you again,yes it's not a bad little Museum & as mentioned would love for this to become an annual event.

Many thanks also for attending,hope to see you again soon,take care.

Cheers Mate.....John.

FLYING BANANA 23rd September 2015 04:24

Looks like you all had a good time. Hope to make the meet next year.

Bluejon 23rd September 2015 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2102530)
Looks like you all had a good time. Hope to make the meet next year.

Many thanks Bob,yes it was a great day,hope you can make it next year,would love to see you there.

Best Regards.

John.

barney bear 23rd September 2015 20:51

Happy belated birthday John, I'm sorry we couldn't make it to this meet but I'm going to do my best for next year. I drive past that museum twice a day and still haven't stopped off and had a look around:duh:

Bluejon 24th September 2015 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by barney bear (Post 2103074)
Happy belated birthday John, I'm sorry we couldn't make it to this meet but I'm going to do my best for next year. I drive past that museum twice a day and still haven't stopped off and had a look around:duh:

Many thanks for the best wishes Tony,no probs hope you can make it next year,its a fantastic venue for a meet,in the meantime,hope to meet up with you at the Leyland National next week.

Best Regards.

John.

J1MBO 25th September 2015 10:07

The video of a great day, I've included Mark's lovely R8 Coupe and a good view of the museums, hope you enjoy :cool:.

RobSun 25th September 2015 11:17

Thanks for that video J1MBO it has captured the day perfectly.

willshot 25th September 2015 11:47

Brilliant video, Jim. Good views of the museum and our beloved cars.

J1MBO 25th September 2015 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobSun (Post 2104144)
Thanks for that video J1MBO it has captured the day perfectly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by willshot (Post 2104167)
Brilliant video, Jim. Good views of the museum and our beloved cars.

Thanks for your kind comments gents.

Bluejon 25th September 2015 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 2104095)
The video of a great day, I've included Mark's lovely R8 Coupe and a good view of the museums, hope you enjoy :cool:.

Many thanks from Jan & I for the superb video Jim,your videos certainly capture the cars & venue,in this case The Lakeland Motor Museum,bringing out the best of both to the full.

The LMM,in mine & many other members [according to very favourable comments]view is a truly fantastic venue for events such as ours,to the point,as I have stated, I personally would like to make this an annual event in line with the superb Gretna meet.

It is Superbly made videos such as yours Jim,that can only have a positive effect,thus giving prospective & future attending members a taste of what delights they may expect.

I spoke to the Museum staff afterwards,to thank them for everything they did,including giving us a prime location on site,as opposed to the overspill carpark as was originally intended,which I personally thought was a smashing gesture on their part.

I was delighted to hear from them also,how much they enjoyed having us there & would certainly welcome us back for future events.

With this in mind,it just remains to thank you once again,keep up the superb work that you do,take care & we will see Jean & Yourself at Bowes on Sunday.

Best Regards.

Jan & John.

J1MBO 26th September 2015 07:50

Many thanks for your very kind comments John, they are really appreciated.

I too think the Lakeland Motor Museum is an ideal venue and warrants an annual event being held there.

Looking forward to meeting up with you both at Bowes on Sunday.

myfirstrover 26th September 2015 19:23

That was a cracking video :} hope to get there again next year

J1MBO 26th October 2015 11:20

Another video of the day, this time just featuring the museum

I've still another project from the Lakeland meet currently in the making ;).

J1MBO 30th October 2015 16:02

Final one from the meet at Lakeland, a short featuring an R8......