The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Blubber Club. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=103856)

FLYER 30th January 2012 10:05

The Blubber Club.

Ok here is my idea and why iv,e had it .
I went to the doc 3 weeks ago and she had a set of scales on the floor which i popped on and was shocked to to see i was 17 st 4lbs.

I tend to eat what i want without overeating but i dont expend energy at my job so over the years it has caught up with me , iv,e always been overweight but this is out of control and iv,e started to change my eating habits ever since i got back from the docs .
She also made me aware that at 55 i was putting my health at risk so iv,e decided to set myself a target of 15 st 4 lbs before i try and get it down further.

My 2nd wife ran a slimming club and without a doubt being in a group of slimmers helps keep you on target so this is my idea !!!

We could have a thread (this thread) where we can support each other and put in ideas to help each other ie what foods we have ditched and what new stuff we are eating etc .

I think the BLUBBER CLUB is a good name for the thread and keeps the fun element going .

An online club where we can post when and if we like .

I weigh myself on a wednesday as my wife and daughter have joined me to slim down , i,m down to 17 st so ive lost 4lb and i want to take it slow so i,m happy with that .

Ive cut the beer out and sugary drinks and im eating fruit and cereals and making healthy veggie soup which my family love , i still have some treats but no chocolate or sweets .

My next weigh in is wednesday so fingers crossed , so come on folks post up what your doing and the thread can roll.:bowdown:

derekosb 30th January 2012 10:15

Hi George.

Good man.

Whilst I have not been to the doctor I had also been creeping up and started a diet at the turn of the year.

My starting weight after Christmas was a ridiculous 17st 3lbs.

So far my results are as follows:

Date...... Weight...... Loss... Cumulative Loss
3.1.12.... 17' 3"......... -................ -
9.1.12.... 16' 13" .......-4 ...............-4
16.1.12... 16' 10" .......-3 ...............-7
23.1.12... 16' 7"......... -3 ..............-10
30.1.12....16' 4"......... -3 ..............-13

I have fluctuated with my weight for years so really need to make an effort.

I have cut out the sweets and pizzas and reduced to a smaller lunch at work. I will keep this updated as we go along on this together George.

My weigh in is a Monday morning.

Best of luck mate. The club will be ideal for support hopefully.

Derek

FLYER 30th January 2012 10:39

Thats a great start derek , i hope to lose about 4lbs a week till i get to my first target of 15 st 4lbs , i tucked in at the HAWES inn on friday but i think you need to have treats to stop giving up the diet , i,m lucky in that i love fruit and veg so it,s a plus factor for me.

pab 30th January 2012 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 913323)

My starting weight after Christmas was a ridiculous 17st 3lbs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 913317)
i,m down to 17 st so ive lost 4lb and i want to take it slow so i,m happy with that .

I had no idea that both of you were this weight..

Ken 30th January 2012 10:48

15st 7lbs and doing nothing about it apart from walking our new dog. We rescued him two weeks ago and my weight was 15st 10lbs so three pounds in two weeks does me :} We walk about four miles a day in total whatever the weather

Hopefully it will settle to about 1lb a week so in six months I may be around 13.5st which means yet another trip to the shops for new clothes :mad: :}

FLYER 30th January 2012 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 913349)

i was taken aback paul and frankly a bit worried , i knew i was well over my body weight but jeez , i dont want to depart this life before my time so i,m deffo doing something about it .
Trying to lose weight is hard but having others with the same goal is a great help .

FLYER 30th January 2012 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken (Post 913350)
15st 7lbs and doing nothing about it apart from walking our new dog. We rescued him two weeks ago and my weight was 15st 10lbs so three pounds in two weeks does me :} We walk about four miles a day in total whatever the weather

Hopefully it will settle to about 1lb a week so in six months I may be around 13.5st which means yet another trip to the shops for new clothes :mad: :}

good system ken , ive been walking with my daughter but the weather here can be grim .

Ken 30th January 2012 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 913356)
good system ken , ive been walking with my daughter but the weather here can be grim .

I put on a couple of stone after our last dog died two years ago. It's taken us this long to get another so now hopefully it will come off. Walking without a reason is so boring for me.

I am under the diabetic clinic and have six monthly checkups and my last cholesterol check was 4.4 so not to bothered about getting the weight off quickly.

FLYER 30th January 2012 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken (Post 913376)
I put on a couple of stone after our last dog died two years ago. It's taken us this long to get another so now hopefully it will come off. Walking without a reason is so boring for me.

I am under the diabetic clinic and have six monthly checkups and my last cholesterol check was 4.4 so not to bothered about getting the weight off quickly.

oh i,m in no rush to get the weight off i just want to get my eating habits changed then see how i progress , BTW i draw the line at a dog as i aint a doggy person , i,m a slave to a mad cat called of all things POPPY.:p:

sikelsh 30th January 2012 11:58

Gone from just short of 23 stone to now 19st 10 in 2.5 months, however I have been cheating :o

Been on a drug called Victoza which is for my Diabetes, it acts an appetite suppressant, apparently, a lot of diabetics dont have a chemical in the brain to tell them they are full :shrug: and eat till physically full, this drug releases this chemical.

Anyway its working for me, even though I suppose its cheating :)

Simon

derekosb 30th January 2012 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 913349)

Yeah, but when you saw me yesterday Paul I was down a fair bit from my starting weight ;)

(And wrapped up against the cold :o).

Derek

Simondi 30th January 2012 12:05

Im not sure what I weigh just now but it won't be pretty.
Possibly a bit embarrassed and scared to find out but I do need to drop a few trouser sizes.

I won't say I'm looking forward to finding out but will try anything once.

Looking forward to giving it a go.

Simondi 30th January 2012 12:06

Thinking ahead I wonder if it will improve my mpg!:D

FLYER 30th January 2012 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikelsh (Post 913395)
Gone from just short of 23 stone to now 19st 10 in 2.5 months, however I have been cheating :o

Been on a drug called Victoza which is for my Diabetes, it acts an appetite suppressant, apparently, a lot of diabetics dont have a chemical in the brain to tell them they are full :shrug: and eat till physically full, this drug releases this chemical.

Anyway its working for me, even though I suppose its cheating :)

Simon

i was offered the pills by the doc but refused them as iv,e managed to lose weight before so hopefully i can again , 23 stone WOW.

Are you tall ??? I,m 5, 11 .

FLYER 30th January 2012 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 913399)
Im not sure what I weigh just now but it won't be pretty.
Possibly a bit embarrassed and scared to find out but I do need to drop a few trouser sizes.

I won't say I'm looking forward to finding out but will try anything once.

Looking forward to giving it a go.

ive bought a decent scale and frankly i wish i had always had one , then i could have seen what was happening , i look in the mirror and dont see a 17 stone man but thats what i am.

FLYER 30th January 2012 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 913396)
Yeah, but when you saw me yesterday Paul I was down a fair bit from my starting weight ;)

(And wrapped up against the cold :o).

Derek

when i lived in coalburn i wasn,t near any fast food places but now i,m back in glasgow there is very good chinese carry out round the corner and i was eating stuff from there twice a week , iv,e banned myself from there and havn,t been in this year .

I have a bowl of my veggie soup when i,m peckish .

I will post up my reciepe for the soup later , the wife and daughter love it .

sikelsh 30th January 2012 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 913405)
i was offered the pills by the doc but refused them as iv,e managed to lose weight before so hopefully i can again , 23 stone WOW.

Are you tall ??? I,m 5, 11 .

Not really, only 6ft 1" but always been massive :D

Be careful with the pills should you change your mind, especially the Ali Diet Pills as they literally turn any fat you consume in to Diarrhea :D

connyv6 30th January 2012 12:24

Interested in this, I'm 20 stone 6ft 1.
I used to do a lot of weights when I was younger and I was a groundworker to, but know I spend most of my job in the car and eat rubbish really, so eager to start immediately .
Eat better walk the dog more maybe do some cardio interested in these appetite suppresants , not sure of target weight, I have always been large built, broad shoulders pretty strong but never healthy. I suppose main thing is my fitness shall go to one of those machines the weekend and see my weight and bmi count and take it from there

FLYER 30th January 2012 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikelsh (Post 913412)
Not really, only 6ft 1" but always been massive :D

Be careful with the pills should you change your mind, especially the Ali Diet Pills as they literally turn any fat you consume in to Diarrhea :D

well i will deffo pass on the pills as my intake of fruit and veg has presented enough gassy problems :getmecoat:

FLYER 30th January 2012 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by connyv6 (Post 913413)
Interested in this, I'm 20 stone 6ft 1.
I used to do a lot of weights when I was younger and I was a groundworker to, but know I spend most of my job in the car and eat rubbish really, so eager to start immediately .
Eat better walk the dog more maybe do some cardio interested in these appetite suppresants , not sure of target weight, I have always been large built, broad shoulders pretty strong but never healthy. I suppose main thing is my fitness shall go to one of those machines the weekend and see my weight and bmi count and take it from there

i think getting what you eat right should be your first step , iv,e cut right back on most things and started long walks to try and get fitter , need to start somewhere so thats what i,m doing first , not going to starve myself as thats counter productive , just need to totally rethink what goes in my gut.:D

VVC-Geeza 30th January 2012 13:04

5' 9" and 12 stone.

Am I anorexic? :D

FLYER 30th January 2012 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 913442)
5' 9" and 12 stone.

Take it you wont be a regular on here :D

sikelsh 30th January 2012 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 913442)
5' 9" and 12 stone.

That's my leg :D

COLVERT 30th January 2012 13:16

Darn it !!!!

Would love to join in as I eat anything and everything I like.

HOWEVER I'm 5/11 and have been, within a couple of pounds, exactly the same weight for the last 50 years. 12 stone 7 lbs.

I've tried to get fat and tried to get thin but nothing works. :shrug::D:D:D

Eat your hearts out guys. Lol.

Colvert.

pab 30th January 2012 13:20

I'm 15 stone and 6ft 2'',during the summer months I tend to drop a few lb's.

I should really cut down on the curries and the ale though..A couple of my little pleasures in life.

COLVERT 30th January 2012 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 913400)
Thinking ahead I wonder if it will improve my mpg!:D

Should definitely do that.

Will also stop those TALKING scales saying 'one at a time please' :p::p::p:

FLYER 30th January 2012 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 913458)

oi this is a serious thread so just push off see :D

FLYER 30th January 2012 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 913456)
I'm 15 stone and 6ft 2'',during the summer months I tend to drop a few lb's.

I should really cut down on the curries and the ale though..A couple of my little pleasures in life.

not much overweight maybe a stone , problem with me is i,m classed as clinically obese which sounds awful but thats the term for it .:mad:

FredSpencer 30th January 2012 17:43

As a gesture of solidarity with you all I've decided not to eat any sweets while reading this thread ...... fortunately I've a good selection of crisps to go at instead. ;) :rofl:

FLYER 30th January 2012 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 913636)
As a gesture of solidarity with you all I've decided not to eat any sweets while reading this thread ...... fortunately I've a good selection of crisps to go at instead. ;) :rofl:

you could actually do with putting some weight on ;)

3stripes 30th January 2012 17:55

good grief i know the price of fuel is dear and times are hard but to lose weight just to hopefully get bit more mpg is bit ott lol
phil

FredSpencer 30th January 2012 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 913642)

Can't do it, regardless of what or how much I eat ...... life's so hard. ;)

FredSpencer 30th January 2012 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3stripes (Post 913649)
good grief i know the price of fuel is dear and times are hard but to lose weight just to hopefully get bit more mpg is bit ott lol
phil

Some might say it's the last act of a desperate man. ;)

Roverowner 30th January 2012 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 913458)

Or, could someone get this elephant off me:p:

If Spencer stopped smoking his weight would shoot up. Nicotin being a hunger supressent;)

This thread is a good idea, never too late to start. Recommend that you all annoy the GP buy getting bloods done (Haemoglobin, urine test, suger test (Hb1c is the best), lipids (choloesterol etc), kreatinine (kidney funktion), liver tests. BP and pulse. Google -Metabolic Syndrome- and have a good read.

A famous man (canīt remember his name:getmecoat:) once said -every form of exercise is good, as long as you actually do it:D

FredSpencer 30th January 2012 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roverowner (Post 913685)
If Spencer stopped smoking his weight would shoot up. Nicotin being a hunger supressent;)

Are you not paying attention? I stopped 30/9/11. :p:

sikelsh 30th January 2012 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roverowner (Post 913685)
A famous man (canīt remember his name:getmecoat:) once said -every form of exercise is good, as long as you actually do it:D

Just done 18 miles on the push iron, does that count Doc? :)

Forgot to add Im having a post ride smoke while my Balti cooks LOL

Simon

ssizefive 30th January 2012 18:40

I have been visiting the doctors for the last few months as they have been monitoring my blood pressure which has been quite high. I have had my bloods tested & everything came back ok including cholestrol - but the doctor advised me to lose some weight as i am only little!! 5' 6" and weighed 13 stone 11. This was mid December so i cut out all sweets, biscuits, crisps etc & stopped eating inbetween meals & started to have breakfast, which is something i have never done, i have also started to do some exercises at home 3 to 4 times a week and weigh myself at home every Monday morning. This morning i weighed 13 stone so i have now managed to lose 11lb & will be very happy if i can keep this up. I have no time scale set but would like to get to 12 stone. The doctors want to see me again in March for another blood pressure check so i would like to think they will be pleased with my progress.

Steve.

gefary 30th January 2012 18:42

I managed to loose nearly five stone in about two months,

Went down from 14 stone, but don't remember too much thanks
to the wonder illness G B S.

Now back to 13 stone all in 8 months.

FLYER 31st January 2012 07:49

side effects

Change of diet ie more fruit n veg has brought about a windy situation :getmecoat: , wife not at all pleased :p:.

3stripes 31st January 2012 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 914030)
Change of diet ie more fruit n veg has brought about a windy situation :getmecoat: , wife not at all pleased :p:.

is,nt that the f plan diet? lol
phil

ianinfrance 31st January 2012 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 913666)
Some might say it's the last act of a desperate man. ;)

I would have if you hadn't!

ianinfrance 31st January 2012 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 914030)

They don't have wind, by some strange phenomenon that medical science can't explain.

FredSpencer 31st January 2012 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianinfrance (Post 914325)
I would have if you hadn't!

Couldn't believe I had the chance to get in first with it. ;)

ianinfrance 31st January 2012 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 914336)
Couldn't believe I had the chance to get in first with it. ;)

Yes I was a bit slow there!

Won't be long before a repost though from, you know who.

FredSpencer 31st January 2012 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianinfrance (Post 914331)
They don't have wind, by some strange phenomenon that medical science can't explain.

They do, and never stop expending it ...... yak, yak, yakkity, yak. ;)

FredSpencer 31st January 2012 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianinfrance (Post 914341)
Won't be long before a repost though from, you know who.

Shouldn't that be, you know who-uge. ;) :rofl:

ianinfrance 31st January 2012 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 914345)
They do, and never stop expending it ...... yak, yak, yakkity, yak. ;)

You may have the wrong end of the stick there! :confused:

greendriver 31st January 2012 16:47

They certainly do...I had to fetch the duvet off the floor 3 times last night...

ianinfrance 31st January 2012 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 914352)
Shouldn't that be, you know who-uge. ;) :rofl:

Perhaps it's time to change him from the "Grate one" to the "Great one" finally?

ianinfrance 31st January 2012 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by greendriver (Post 914355)
They certainly do...I had to fetch the duvet off the floor 3 times last night...

I can't claim to have had that experience as my wife does not have wind other than when ill and only then by accident! :o

FredSpencer 31st January 2012 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianinfrance (Post 914354)
You may have the wrong end of the stick there! :confused:

They recycle all gases to minimise their need to breath ...... which means they can talk more. ;)

Simondi 31st January 2012 19:36

Went on the scales today, wondered if they were broken and then realised they were not runed on:getmecoat:

19 st 8.

Believe it or not but it was not as bad as I feared. I have never been small and the last ime I went on scales I was 20 st + so quite plesed. A fair bit to go but it could be worse for me!!

FLYER 31st January 2012 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 914553)
Went on the scales today, wondered if they were broken and then realised they were not runed on:getmecoat:

19 st 8.

Believe it or not but it was not as bad as I feared. I have never been small and the last ime I went on scales I was 20 st + so quite plesed. A fair bit to go but it could be worse for me!!

Thats the spirit , hang around the thread for encouragement , i wiegh myself tmw , had a good week all in so i,m hoping to have lost something .

FredSpencer 31st January 2012 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 914560)
... had a good week all in so i,m hoping to have lost something .

Look behind you ...... you'll find it again. ;) :getmecoat:

Leyland Worldmaster 31st January 2012 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 913642)

I keep on getting told I'm under-weight; 65kg and 5'7"... I do eat as well as possible- within the constraints of shift work- but don't seem to be putting Amy on..:)

FLYER 31st January 2012 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by leopard680 (Post 914570)
I keep on getting told I'm under-weight; 65kg and 5'7"... I do eat as well as possible- within the constraints of shift work- but don't seem to be putting Amy on..:)

whats that in old money :shrug: i,m a child of the 60s

Leyland Worldmaster 31st January 2012 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 914588)
whats that in old money :shrug: i,m a child of the 60s

It's about 10.2 stone according to my converter thingy; I'm hopelessly bad at maths!:):

trebor 31st January 2012 20:37

I really could do with joining this club my weight is up and down , but at present definitely up at around 18 stone having put 2 stone on in the last 6 months or so, stopped exercising so what do I expect.

I used to get weighed on the scales in Boots and was fed up of it telling me I should be 13s 2lb which I will never get back to so I used to say I was 6ft 7in and then it said I was underweight so jobs a good un

Graham1961 31st January 2012 20:40

I'm scared to go on the scales in case the shock does me in....:eek:

FLYER 31st January 2012 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor (Post 914640)
I really could do with joining this club my weight is up and down , but at present definitely up at around 18 stone having put 2 stone on in the last 6 months or so, stopped exercising so what do I expect.

I used to get weighed on the scales in Boots and was fed up of it telling me I should be 13s 2lb which I will never get back to so I used to say I was 6ft 7in and then it said I was underweight so jobs a good un

pop in now and then to tell us what your doing foodwise etc , your a bit heavier than me so aim for losing 2 stones slowly as i am , the club should be a good help to us heavies.:p:

trebor 31st January 2012 20:46

I agree that some togetherness can help with this I am making a sort of effort but not completely in the zone although lost 2 lb last week . Will report back

FLYER 31st January 2012 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAHAM1961 (Post 914646)
I'm scared to go on the scales in case the shock does me in....:eek:

i got a shock graham when i found out my weight , thats why i want to get 2 stone off before i seriously look at losing more.

FLYER 31st January 2012 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor (Post 914652)
I agree that some togetherness can help with this I am making a sort of effort but not completely in the zone although lost 2 lb last week . Will report back

it,s a proven fact that acting as a group helps , as i said early on in the thread my ex wife ran a very successful club for a number of years , she actually shed 3 stones herself to set an example , i saw how she changed what she ate .

Graham1961 31st January 2012 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 914653)
i got a shock graham when i found out my weight , thats why i want to get 2 stone off before i seriously look at losing more.

To be honest i would like to lose some weight before we go to Grantown on Spey in April, i'm like you, i like my food including fruit and veg, will need to make an effort.

FLYER 31st January 2012 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAHAM1961 (Post 914668)
To be honest i would like to lose some weight before we go to Grantown on Spey in April, i'm like you, i like my food including fruit and veg, will need to make an effort.

why not set yourself a target of a stone for aprils end , just look at whatever you can drop from your regular nosh .

3stripes 31st January 2012 21:18

reading this makes me feel quite good, never considered myself overweight but i certainly aint on the small side, 16yrs army training got me in good shape and although that was 15yrs ago i,m still in good shape yet, 6' 3 and 17 stone medically i,d be overweight despite not being fat,even my daughter says if i grew big moustache i,d look like hulk hogan, never sure if that a compliment or not as he,s about 15yrs older than me lol
phil

FLYER 31st January 2012 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3stripes (Post 914712)
reading this makes me feel quite good, never considered myself overweight but i certainly aint on the small side, 16yrs army training got me in good shape and although that was 15yrs ago i,m still in good shape yet, 6' 3 and 17 stone medically i,d be overweight despite not being fat,even my daughter says if i grew big moustache i,d look like hulk hogan, never sure if that a compliment or not as he,s about 15yrs older than me lol
phil

if your comfortable with your weight and are healthy you dont really have a problem to be honest , muscle is heavier than fat so your 17 stone could sit well on a fit frame at 6 ft 3.

Tam 31st January 2012 23:34

Will have to join in with this as i need to shift a couple of pounds!! or about 7 stone to be more exact. Will have to weigh myself tomorrow but will be around 21 stone at just under 6 foot. Long time since i did any exercise but have allways been big built which is fine for rugby and hammer throwing type activities but those days are well gone. Still do a bit of hammer throwing but usually just after i've bashed me finger.:D

MN190 31st January 2012 23:47

I'll join the club
My aim is to lose a stone by April and then after that another stone and so on

FLYER 1st February 2012 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN190 (Post 914915)
I'll join the club
My aim is to lose a stone by April and then after that another stone and so on

very sensible approach there .

FLYER 1st February 2012 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by tammyboy (Post 914906)
Will have to join in with this as i need to shift a couple of pounds!! or about 7 stone to be more exact. Will have to weigh myself tomorrow but will be around 21 stone at just under 6 foot. Long time since i did any exercise but have allways been big built which is fine for rugby and hammer throwing type activities but those days are well gone. Still do a bit of hammer throwing but usually just after i've bashed me finger.:D

same advice for you tammyboy just small changes at first ie drop some items you know keep the weight up .

Iv,e cut out my beeer and all sweeties and sugary drinks , eating more cereals and fruit plus veg soup which i make myself and is a good way of getting at least the 5 a day.

derekosb 1st February 2012 09:24

Hi George,

I think this thread has got quite chatty so can I make a suggestion.

We should start a second thread just for marking up weight loss.

You could call it the Blubber Club - Records thread (or something like that).

We could then each have a post which we would edit each week with our current weight.

One post per member purely for weigh in updates and keep this thread for the social support side? :shrug:

What do you think?

Derek

FLYER 1st February 2012 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 915063)
Hi George,

I think this thread has got quite chatty so can I make a suggestion.

We should start a second thread just for marking up weight loss.

You could call it the Blubber Club - Records thread (or something like that).

We could then each have a post which we would edit each week with our current weight.

One post per member purely for weigh in updates and keep this thread for the social support side? :shrug:

What do you think?

Derek

The thought had occured to me but i fear it would just get as chatty as this , a more practical idea might be for each BLUBBER club member to put his weekly weight in his sig.

Ie add the data to the sig then comment in here ie " ive lost 2lbs this week".

On 2nd thoughts yeah a seperate thread and just edit it each week and that way it,s easy for everyone to read .

Ok i will post it up .

Btw ive lost 2 lbs so im bobbing along nicely

:D

derekosb 1st February 2012 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 915096)
The thought had occured to me but i fear it would just get as chatty as this , a more practical idea might be for each BLUBBER club member to put his weekly weight in his sig.

Ie add the data to the sig then comment in here ie " ive lost 2lbs this week".

On 2nd thoughts yeah a seperate thread and just edit it each week and that way it,s easy for everyone to read .

Ok i will post it up .

Btw ive lost 2 lbs so im bobbing along nicely

:D

Well done considering you were at the Hawes on Friday and had a chippy on Sunday. Keep at it mate.

I'll add my stats to the new thread. :}

Cheers,

Derek

tricia1470 1st February 2012 16:17

Well at Christmas I weighed 15 stone 9 and I weighed myself last Monday and I am down to 14 stone 7 whoop

And well donw to you all x

FredSpencer 1st February 2012 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 915096)
The thought had occured to me but i fear it would just get as chatty as this

I'm sure the Mods can be relied upon to remove any and all posts that shouldn't be there. They quite like doing that sort of thing ...... so I've heard. ;) :getmecoat:

Since you made the comment that I need to put weight on can I post there as well? I'll weigh myself each weekend and aim to add 3 grammes a week. How does that sound? :D

FLYER 1st February 2012 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 915342)
I'm sure the Mods can be relied upon to remove any and all posts that shouldn't be there. They quite like doing that sort of thing ...... so I've heard. ;) :getmecoat:

Since you made the comment that I need to put weight on can I post there as well? I'll weigh myself each weekend and aim to add 3 grammes a week. How does that sound? :D

iv,e seen scarecrows with more meat on em than you.

FredSpencer 1st February 2012 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 915352)
iv,e seen scarecrows with more meat on em than you.

That's no way to speak about Spartacus. ;)

Roverowner 1st February 2012 17:02

Well done on giving up the -weed- Fred (Iīve been a bit out of it occasionally). You should go up -every body does...-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3QDKVxpuCE

FredSpencer 1st February 2012 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by [LEFT
Roverowner[/LEFT];915373]Well done on giving up the -weed- Fred (
Iīve
been a bit out of it occasionally). You should go up -every body does...

I'm actually using those electronic replacement cig things so still taking in nicotine. I started with them as a way of getting even more into me but found I didn't like real cigs after a few days so just stopped smoking them. As I understand it nicotine isn't carcinogenic, although it is a poison. There's nothing else in them except vegetable glycerin/poly-glycol carrier liquid and flavourings so they ought to be less harmful. So if the nicotine is an appetite suppressant I get the benefit of not getting tubby and aren't coughing all the time. ;)

sikelsh 1st February 2012 19:27

Sweet Treat Tip.

If you require the odd pudding or sweet treat, and rather than reaching for a Mars Bar or slice of cake, get a banana, cut along the middle and spread thinly a teaspoon of Nutella spread.

Then Microwave for about 45-60 seconds.

Not as healthy as no pudding at all, or indeed other fruit or a banana on its own, but better than cake or treacle sponge and custard.

Simon

FLYER 1st February 2012 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikelsh (Post 915535)
Sweet Treat Tip.

If you require the odd pudding or sweet treat, and rather than reaching for a Mars Bar or slice of cake, get a banana, cut along the middle and spread thinly a teaspoon of Nutella spread.

Then Microwave for about 45-60 seconds.

Not as healthy as no pudding at all, or indeed other fruit or a banana on its own, but better than cake or treacle sponge and custard.

Simon

sounds tasty , i must put up my veggie soup reciepe.:p:

FLYER 1st February 2012 20:10

veg soup with ham stock cubes .

4 stock cubes.
2 onions (finely chopped)
2 sticks celery (finely chopped)
half a mug of lentils
4 carrots finely grated
spoonful of dried parsley
1 leek (finely chopped

no salt as there is salt in the cubes.

Boil a full kettle of water and pour it into a big pot , chuck in all the ingrediants and bring to boil then put lid on and simmer for 30 mins stirring every 5 mins .

This soup will keep for 3 days in fridge but it wont last that long when the family get a taste .

I use mung beans (dried) instead of lentils as they add something to the soup , steep them in cold water overnight before adding to the pot .

When you peckish have a bowl .:drool4:

tricia1470 1st February 2012 20:39

A great snack is celery cut and peanut butter spread in the middle

Low fat jelly a great desert for the sweet toothed too :-)

FLYER 1st February 2012 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by tricia1470 (Post 915616)
A great snack is celery cut and peanut butter spread in the middle

Low fat jelly a great desert for the sweet toothed too :-)

erm peanut butter is packed with cals , i will not have it in the house :drool4:

3stripes 1st February 2012 21:54

all this talk of food, think i,ll ring the kebab shop get 2 large doner kebabs with everything on them,yummy yummy
phil

trebor 1st February 2012 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 915588)

4 stock cubes.
half a mug of lentils
4 carrots finely grated
1 leek (finely chopped

Boil a full kettle of water and pour it into a big pot , chuck in all the ingrediants and bring to boil then put lid on and simmer for 30 mins stirring every 5 mins .

This soup will keep for 3 days in fridge but it wont last that long when the family get a taste .

I use mung beans (dried) instead of lentils as they add something to the soup , steep them in cold water overnight before adding to the pot .

Will give this a go as it sounds and probably smells good too, is it called flyer soup

FredSpencer 1st February 2012 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor (Post 915729)
Will give this a go as it sounds and probably smells good too, is it called flyer soup

Get a few insects in for the protein and it could be fly soup. ;)

FLYER 1st February 2012 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 915733)
Get a few insects in for the protein and it could be fly soup. ;)

Shut it skinny :D

FLYER 1st February 2012 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor (Post 915729)

Just made a huge pot , smells yummy .

:drool4:

FredSpencer 1st February 2012 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 915734)
Shut it skinny :D

I think you should send me food parcels ...... cos I can eat as much peanut butter as I like. ;)

FLYER 1st February 2012 22:07

BTW come on all you BLUBBER club members get to the BLUBBER club stats thread and enrol .:D
Stats thread

Roverowner 2nd February 2012 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 915405)
I'm actually using those electronic replacement cig things so still taking in nicotine. I started with them as a way of getting even more into me but found I didn't like real cigs after a few days so just stopped smoking them. As I understand it nicotine isn't carcinogenic, although it is a poison. There's nothing else in them except vegetable glycerin/poly-glycol carrier liquid and flavourings so they ought to be less harmful. So if the nicotine is an appetite suppressant I get the benefit of not getting tubby and aren't coughing all the time. ;)

Sounds good. Anything is better than actually inhailing the tobacco smoke. Most of the particles from the smoke are carcinogenic. Obviously they get stuck in your lungs but even get taken up by the bloodstream and are eliminated via your kidneys. Thatīs why many smokers get kidney/bladder cancer..... I was on nicotin chewing gum for about 3 months before I finally kicked it (16 years ago). Smoked for 28 years.

Gate Keeper 2nd February 2012 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roverowner (Post 915857)
Sounds good. Anything is better than actually inhailing the tobacco smoke. Most of the particles from the smoke are carcinogenic. Obviously they get stuck in your lungs but even get taken up by the bloodstream and are eliminated via your kidneys. Thatīs why many smokers get kidney/bladder cancer..... I was on nicotin chewing gum for about 3 months before I finally kicked it (16 years ago). Smoked for 28 years.

I have lost 2 stone in 2 months. I would not recommend the method I used but it achieved the purpose. I went to my BP clinic last week and they told me that my weight and BP was exactly what it was 12 months ago. The year before that I was 2 stone over the target weight. They will review in 12 months.

Alan, how did you get off the Nicotine gum?

WillyHeckaslike 2nd February 2012 13:07

Th' site's server has mair weecht tae carry than Ah thooght, th' puir wee hin'. http://forums.mg-rover.org/images/smilies/HGF.gif

FLYER 2nd February 2012 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike (Post 916042)
Th' site's server has mair weecht tae carry than Ah thooght, th' puir wee hin'. http://forums.mg-rover.org/images/smilies/HGF.gif

awa n bile yer heid.:D

WillyHeckaslike 2nd February 2012 13:59

Quote:

COLVERT: 12 stone 7 lbs. :shrug:
http://forums.mg-rover.org/images/smilies/liar.gif

Canonite 3rd February 2012 08:34

Hello, my name is Alan and i'm a chubber! :o

Gained weight when I stopped smoking and bought a car. Before that I cycled over 100 miles a week and I was actually competing in the National Points Series Downhill race events. I've always been hefty but more in the stocky broad shouldered sense than a porky rotund sense.

I tried weightwatchers and was losing on average 17 pounds a month, though lost very little weight. :getmecoat:

Now i'm just a bit more sensible with food choices. Since early december i've lost 11lbs and it's still coming off slowly but surely.

FLYER 3rd February 2012 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canonite (Post 916626)
Hello, my name is Alan and i'm a chubber! :o

Gained weight when I stopped smoking and bought a car. Before that I cycled over 100 miles a week and I was actually competing in the National Points Series Downhill race events. I've always been hefty but more in the stocky broad shouldered sense than a porky rotund sense.

I tried weightwatchers and was losing on average 17 pounds a month, though lost very little weight. :getmecoat:

Now i'm just a bit more sensible with food choices. Since early december i've lost 11lbs and it's still coming off slowly but surely.

great stuff matey , i see you have enrolled on the stat thread so keep looking in , welcome aboard the club that costs nowt and you dont have to travel to :D

COLVERT 3rd February 2012 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike (Post 916072)

Are you casting Aspersions on my Veracity ?????:mad::mad::mad:
:mad:
:mad::smilie_re:That way out, Sir Willy.:p:

FLYER 3rd February 2012 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 916805)
Are you casting Aspersions on my Veracity ?????:mad::mad::mad:
:mad::smilie_re:That way out, Sir Willy.:p:

No !!! He,s calling you a fibber :p:

Roverowner 3rd February 2012 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 915864)
I have lost 2 stone in 2 months. I would not recommend the method I used but it achieved the purpose. I went to my BP clinic last week and they told me that my weight and BP was exactly what it was 12 months ago. The year before that I was 2 stone over the target weight. They will review in 12 months.

Alan, how did you get off the Nicotine gum?

A mate and I stopped together and used to search each other in the mornings (we both worked at the medical dept not far from where I live) to see how many gums we had each. Whittled them down to about 2 a day. One Sunday I realized that I was out of them and the only chemist open (only sold at chemists here then) was up at the uni hospital here in town. Too fagged (:p:) to go all the way up there so left it till the next day. Next day had so much at work I forgot about it, and then the chemist at work was closed. That was it.........:)

Gate Keeper 4th February 2012 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roverowner (Post 916893)
A mate and I stopped together and used to search each other in the mornings (we both worked at the medical dept not far from where I live) to see how many gums we had each. Whittled them down to about 2 a day. One Sunday I realized that I was out of them and the only chemist open (only sold at chemists here then) was up at the uni hospital here in town. Too fagged (:p:) to go all the way up there so left it till the next day. Next day had so much at work I forgot about it, and then the chemist at work was closed. That was it.........:)

So circumstances beyond your control and will power kicked in and you kicked the habit, cutting down to 2 a day proved to be a good plan Alan mate. That is quite inspirational really come to think about it. I need to come of these gums as they are expensive and I think they are making my teeth loose :}. I hope I do not put the weight back on and if I do, there is the Blubber Club. Last year I tried the cooked home made vegetable soup method. It was made of cabbage, carrots, onions, crushed garlic, a few slices of potatoes in a vegetable chicken flavoured stock. and I made a big pot last 5 days. I ate as much as I wanted for 2 weeks. In those 2 weeks, I kept active and lost half a stone. No choco, crisps, no cake and no meat. I do not drink so did not include that. After a month I lost a stone and then had a break. It is hard to keep to that plan as there is so much temptation around.

ssizefive 4th February 2012 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 915588)

4 stock cubes.
half a mug of lentils
4 carrots finely grated
1 leek (finely chopped

1 pan ( large pan :D ) of Flyer soup on the hob at the moment. Hope it tastes as good as it smells :)

Steve.

FLYER 4th February 2012 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssizefive (Post 917702)
1 pan ( large pan :D ) of Flyer soup on the hob at the moment. Hope it tastes as good as it smells :)

Steve.

just about to rustle up one meself , the last one was gone in 2 days ,

btw you could use veggie stock cubes but i think the ham ones give it some extra favour .

FredSpencer 4th February 2012 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 917714)

btw you could use veggie stock cubes but i think the ham ones give it some extra favour .

Get yourself some Geo. Watkins Mushroom Ketchup, as recommended by Heston Blumenthal and available in supermarkets, which really adds to the flavour of soups and the like. I've used it in tinned soups and pasta ready meals and it is reet gud. ;)

ssizefive 4th February 2012 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 917714)

Just finished my second bowl & very nice it was too :D My son had a bowl & he enjoyed it as well.

Steve

FLYER 4th February 2012 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssizefive (Post 917790)
Just finished my second bowl & very nice it was too :D My son had a bowl & he enjoyed it as well.

Steve

Like most homemade soup it tastes even better day 2 and day three hits the spot .

trebor 4th February 2012 18:47

I am failing miserably at the minute and am not in the zone, I reckon I am still working on getting the " before " picture right, so I am off to join a slimming class on Monday to get me on track, surrounded by women and no talk about MG Rover

James.uk 4th February 2012 19:07

Hmmm At 10st ish you make me sound positively Elfin like.. lol.. :D

Think I will apply for a job as a garden Gnome.. lol.. :}

The clubs a good idea though, we all need help when it comes to health & fitness problems innit.. :}

FLYER 4th February 2012 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor (Post 917963)
I am failing miserably at the minute and am not in the zone, I reckon I am still working on getting the " before " picture right, so I am off to join a slimming class on Monday to get me on track, surrounded by women and no talk about MG Rover

Women ??:drool4: , big women ??? :drool4:.

Go for it .:p:

trebor 4th February 2012 19:31

I wil stick my starting weight on the other thread after my way in on Monday, and go from there

derekosb 6th February 2012 09:54

Morning all,

I have updated my weight on the stats thread. Not had a good week (well actually I did, just not on the weight loss front :D). Put a Pound back on but that was hardly surprising.

My big brother was home from the States for 4 days so went out for lunch on Thursday (Pizza), dinner on Thursday night (Curry :drool4:) beer and pakora on Friday night and another curry on Saturday after being at Murrayfield.

So all in all only one pound on is not too bad. Back on the diet this morning and see how the week goes.

Derek

FLYER 6th February 2012 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 919357)
Morning all,

I have updated my weight on the stats thread. Not had a good week (well actually I did, just not on the weight loss front :D). Put a Pound back on but that was hardly surprising.

My big brother was home from the States for 4 days so went out for lunch on Thursday (Pizza), dinner on Thursday night (Curry :drool4:) beer and pakora on Friday night and another curry on Saturday after being at Murrayfield.

So all in all only one pound on is not too bad. Back on the diet this morning and see how the week goes.

Derek

understandable in the circumstances derek , iv'e been a very good boy this past week and i'm looking forward to my weigh-in on wednesday , BTW troops lets see more of you enrol in the stats thread .

ssizefive 6th February 2012 11:30

I posted my stats this morning, i am happy to have my weight starting with a 12 instead of a 13 but was a little dissappointed that it wasnt a bit less but a loss is a loss :D

FLYER 6th February 2012 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssizefive (Post 919395)
I posted my stats this morning, i am happy to have my weight starting with a 12 instead of a 13 but was a little dissappointed that it wasnt a bit less but a loss is a loss :D

correcto , a little at a time is the way .:D

FLYER 7th February 2012 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor (Post 918025)
I wil stick my starting weight on the other thread after my way in on Monday, and go from there

great robert , i see you have posted in the stats thread , keep looking in matey.

FLYER 8th February 2012 08:57

woohoo , lost 5 pounds this past week , been doing long walks with my daughter and it,s paid benefits even though frostbite threatened.:D

sitting in my taxi right now and i have 2 small mandarins a nana , a plum and 2 yoghurts.

Just about to start on my muesli.

derekosb 8th February 2012 10:15

Excellent George and well done mate. Stick at it. I am hopefully back on track this week and will report on Monday :}

Derek

FLYER 8th February 2012 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 920864)
Excellent George and well done mate. Stick at it. I am hopefully back on track this week and will report on Monday :}

Derek

i,m really enjoying my new eating regime derek , liking fruit is a real plus and also the high fibre foods are helping , i cant keep up with the soup making as my family love it .

I expect my loss to slow down after the good start but im well on my way to my 15 st 4lbs first target , also enjoying the walks.

ssizefive 8th February 2012 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 920816)
woohoo , lost 5 pounds this past week , been doing long walks with my daughter and it,s paid benefits even though frostbite threatened.:D

sitting in my taxi right now and i have 2 small mandarins a nana , a plum and 2 yoghurts.

Just about to start on my muesli.

Thats excellent:D Well done.

Steve.

rovexCDTi 9th February 2012 10:14

In August 2000 i was 25st, in June 2001 i was 16st 5lb. No cheats, just dieting. I lost 53.5KG in total, a third of my body weight. Its about as low as i could go because i have a very heavy set frame and lots of muscle.

I also lost 16 inches off my waist, from 52 inches to 36.

Over the years i have gone up a bit, peaking at about 20st just after christmas last year, but at 10 years older i felt worse than ever. Currently im back on my way down, being about 18st 4 now. The most important thing is my chest is bigger than my gut :D

I doubt ill get to 16st something again, but another stone or so would be nice.

FLYER 9th February 2012 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovexCDTi (Post 921881)
In August 2000 i was 25st, in June 2001 i was 16st 5lb. No cheats, just dieting. I lost 53.5KG in total, a third of my body weight. Its about as low as i could go because i have a very heavy set frame and lots of muscle.

I also lost 16 inches off my waist, from 52 inches to 36.

Over the years i have gone up a bit, peaking at about 20st just after christmas last year, but at 10 years older i felt worse than ever. Currently im back on my way down, being about 18st 4 now. The most important thing is my chest is bigger than my gut :D

I doubt ill get to 16st something again, but another stone or so would be nice.

that was serious weight loss , what did you cut out from your normal diet to lose so much .

rovexCDTi 9th February 2012 11:37

Basically everything. I went down to about 700 calories a day.

I wont pretend it was healthy or measured, it was just one of those life changing things where something 'pings' in your brain and you just do it. It wasnt even difficult.

This time is VERY hard because im not in the same state of mind, but i can see it working so im happy. This time im eating as few complex carbs as possible, so no rice, pasta, bread etc, and i keep the fat down as low as pssible, but its not an ultra low carb diet like Atkins, which are dangerous.

FLYER 9th February 2012 12:38

well to be honest what ive cut out is beer , carry out food , cakes n biccys and my fried nosh .

It,s working so ive settled on that , still get the urge when i smell the chippy and whatnot but i thought i would miss my beer but i havn,t .

COLVERT 9th February 2012 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 920892)
i,m really enjoying my new eating regime derek , liking fruit is a real plus and also the high fibre foods are helping , i cant keep up with the soup making as my family love it .

I expect my loss to slow down after the good start but im well on my way to my 15 st 4lbs first target , also enjoying the walks.

Was just reading through this thread and what you've been up to. Re;- Cereals.

I usually have 8 weetabix a day. 4 am and 4 pm or for supper a fruit muesli. Plus normal but small meals during the day but only when I'm hungry and at no set times. Seems to work as my weight hardly varies.

Since I discovered Weetabix in the 1950's I have eaten at least 120,000 of them !!!

Roughage or what !! LOl,

My wife says they have polished up my intestines so well that food shoots straight through me without it having time to be digested and that's why I stay slim. :D:D:D

Colvert. ;)

FLYER 9th February 2012 12:59

cant abide weetabix but i like the meusli and love rolled oats which is great for lowering cholestrol

Gate Keeper 9th February 2012 13:58

Here is one recipe for you. A herbal milky drink.

I am not used to it but had milk straight from the cow this morning with my cereal. Added in crushed garlic and castor oil. Heated up and the sediment was supposed to do the magic and then poured over the bran. It was recommended as a herbal remedy for arthritis and weight loss. I tell you, I have been in all day sitting on the loo and throwing up. I do feel as though I have lost half a stone.

One remedy, I will not be trying again.

FLYER 9th February 2012 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 922033)
Here is one recipe for you. A herbal milky drink.

I am not used to it but had milk straight from the cow this morning with my cereal. Added in crushed garlic and castor oil. Heated up and the sediment was supposed to do the magic and then poured over the bran. It was recommended as a herbal remedy for arthritis and weight loss. I tell you, I have been in all day sitting on the loo and throwing up. I do feel as though I have lost half a stone.

One remedy, I will not be trying again.

erm pass ,

no pun intended :p:

Gate Keeper 9th February 2012 14:53

Is that empass or ermpass? :}

I looked up some of those herbal diets on line and most of them involve losing weight through the fluid loss and runs method. Not recommended.

Gate Keeper 11th February 2012 11:49

Oh for a G+T...if only...nah!

ssizefive 13th February 2012 06:06

3 1/2lb loss this week - very happy:D

I made another batch of 'Flyer' soup last night to take to work for dinner this week instead of sandwiches.

Steve

FLYER 13th February 2012 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssizefive (Post 924800)
3 1/2lb loss this week - very happy:D

I made another batch of 'Flyer' soup last night to take to work for dinner this week instead of sandwiches.

Steve

your doing really well matey , i put chick peas in the soup this week and didnt like em so it,s back to dried peas .

It lookslike i will only have lost a pound or two this week.

ssizefive 13th February 2012 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 924831)
your doing really well matey , i put chick peas in the soup this week and didnt like em so it,s back to dried peas .

It lookslike i will only have lost a pound or two this week.

Thanks, i was a bit surprised myself with this weeks loss.
A pound or two loss is still going the right way :)

Steve

derekosb 13th February 2012 13:15

Having put a pound back on last week I was hoping to get back on track for this week's weigh in and then went for a Mcdonalds on Friday with the family (it was a day off after all) and then we had dinner out on Saturday. So whilst I had been pretty good all week I thought I would maybe not do great this week.

I was therefore somewhat surprised this morning when I weighed in at under sixteen stone for the first time in a couple of years (15' 13").

Delighted but know it will be mostly fluid. I'll stick at it again this week and see how we get on.

Appointment booked with my GP for the end of the month to get my Cholesterol checked. I have never ever checked my Cholesterol so don't know what to expect. Don't even know what is good and what is bad? Just know it should be "lower"? Than what?? :( Anyway, we'll see what they have to say in a couple of weeks.

Derek

WillyHeckaslike 14th February 2012 23:31

Quote:

andy willi: Got to do this and can you better this; December 23 1010 30 stone, February 07 2012 12 stone. Weight loss 17 stone..... yes, its true. http://forums.mg-rover.org/images/smilies/liar.gif pab: And I will second that. http://forums.mg-rover.org/images/smilies/liar.gifhttp://forums.mg-rover.org/images/smilies/liar.gif
There's more than one porkie on that stats thread....... even Colvert's not quite that old. http://forums.mg-rover.org/images/smilies/scary.gif :p::target:

Edit: Deleted on stats thread and reposted here by WHL. :angel:

FLYER 15th February 2012 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike (Post 926178)
There's more than one porkie on that stats thread....... even Colvert's not quite that old. http://forums.mg-rover.org/images/smilies/scary.gif :p::target:

Edit: Deleted on stats thread and reposted here by WHL. :angel:

Nice edit willy , your a true saint :bowdown:

FLYER 15th February 2012 20:44

4th week and i stayed the same :mad: , oh well didnt get any long walks so that might explain it ;)

FredSpencer 15th February 2012 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 926659)
4th week and i stayed the same :mad: , oh well didnt get any long walks so that might explain it ;)

So no passengers with luggage needing you to get out of the taxi and open the boot, then? ;)

FLYER 15th February 2012 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 926679)
So no passengers with luggage needing you to get out of the taxi and open the boot, then? ;)

The boot only holds a tyre ;)

FredSpencer 15th February 2012 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 926685)
The boot only holds a tyre ;)

You've got something in common with it then. ;) :getmecoat:

FLYER 15th February 2012 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 926691)
You've got something in common with it then. ;) :getmecoat:

How did i know you would say that ;)

derekosb 20th February 2012 11:37

No weight loss this week!

I've update my weight in the stats thread but sadly stayed the same this week. I had too many treats this week so I guess they told on the scales.

Back to it properly this week as I want to get to the next target of 15 1/2 Stone.......

Derek

FLYER 20th February 2012 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 930083)
I've update my weight in the stats thread but sadly stayed the same this week. I had too many treats this week so I guess they told on the scales.

Back to it properly this week as I want to get to the next target of 15 1/2 Stone.......

Derek

i stayed the same last week but im hoping to have lost a pound or two by wed , fingers crossed . Anyhoo derek at least you didnt put owt on .:p:

ssizefive 20th February 2012 12:22

I only lost 1lb this week :( but will keep going, i have had a good couple of weeks so was bound to have a poor one.

Steve

FLYER 20th February 2012 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssizefive (Post 930125)
I only lost 1lb this week :( but will keep going, i have had a good couple of weeks so was bound to have a poor one.

Steve

to be honest i would settle for a pound a week.;)

Gate Keeper 20th February 2012 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 925033)

Appointment booked with my GP for the end of the month to get my Cholesterol checked. I have never ever checked my Cholesterol so don't know what to expect. Don't even know what is good and what is bad? Just know it should be "lower"? Than what?? :( Anyway, we'll see what they have to say in a couple of weeks.

Derek

Derek, when your results are known, ask your GP to explain the figures and keep a record of the numbers for yourself. If they are up, seeing them drop down over the months ahead can be quite rewarding and motivational. Last year I did very well to bring them down to within the normal range. Then foolishly stopped cholesterol meds for 2 months over xmas. What with the parties and the dinners the cholesterol rocketed and I am back on the pills. I know with diet and those pills, the levels will drop back again. It does help knowing the numbers and what they mean.

I bought the flyer soup ingredients over the weekend and am going to give it go. I have just checked again and see that he keeps the broth in the fridge for 3 days. It is good enough for him...it is good enough me :}

FLYER 20th February 2012 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 930197)
Derek, when your results are known, ask your GP to explain the figures and keep a record of the numbers for yourself. If they are up, seeing them drop down over the months ahead can be quite rewarding and motivational. Last year I did very well to bring them down to within the normal range. Then foolishly stopped cholesterol meds for 2 months over xmas. What with the parties and the dinners the cholesterol rocketed and I am back on the pills. I know with diet and those pills, the levels will drop back again. It does help knowing the numbers and what they mean.

I bought the flyer soup ingredients over the weekend and am going to give it go. I have just checked again and see that he keeps the broth in the fridge for 3 days. It is good enough for him...it is good enough me :}

the soup is ideal because if your feeling hungry a wee bowl fills you up , it's also a great way to get your portion of 5 a day up.

Having a bowl when i get off work at 5:D

ssizefive 20th February 2012 19:16

Quote:

The soup is very nice, i now have this for lunch at work instead of sandwiches :)

Steve.

derekosb 20th February 2012 21:37

Quote:

Thanks Phil,

I do intend to ask for an explanation about cholesterol, I'm just hoping it is not too bad.......:o

Nothing to compare against at the moment so will have to see how I get on. I will of course update on here once I have the results.

Derek