The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events and Meets (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   THE NEXT SCOTTISH MEET: 30th May 2010 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=57483)

derekosb 29th March 2010 18:09

THE NEXT SCOTTISH MEET: 30th May 2010

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...010Collage.jpg

Hi everyone.

I have been a little quiet since the last meet in earlier this month but now it is time to start the thread for the next meet;

SUNDAY 30th MAY 2010 - SCOTTISH ALL ROVER RALLY
THE FALKIRK WHEEL - FALKIRK

Following on the success of the meet within last year's SARR (see video below) it was decided amongst the members over various dicsussions that we would attend again this year.

Here's a quick photo montage from last year for those who missed it. (look out for pab leading the convoy of 75's at 1'06").

As last year, you need to enter the Rally in order to park amongst all the cars. Details and the entry form can be found here: http://www.sarr.co.uk/

I understand that entrants from last year should already have received an entry form in the post (I know I have).
ALL ENTRY FORMS SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY THE 1st of MAY

Details of the unique Falkirk Wheel can be found here: http://www.thefalkirkwheel.co.uk/

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q..._flypast-1.gif

The display area is highlighted with a flashing blue star. There were over a hundred cars last year, and we had 19 75's and ZTs IIRC so let's hope for a good turn out again this year. Weeman (Tommy) has also offered to bring his Gazebo this year so we will have somewhere to congregate, thanks Tommy!. Anyone got ideas for a banner or flag?

Please let me know if you are up for it and I will add you to the list below:

Quite a number of members have already said they wish to go so I have started with some names already down. For those I have included I would appreciate if you can confirm you are still going (confirmed in BOLD, for all others, please let me know and I will update the list on this post as we go. Unfortunately I have now had a PM from Tazman3 advising that due to work commitments he will be unable to attend so I have update the list accordingly.

Many thanks and hope to see you all on the 30th.
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...0200920026.jpg

Derek

1. Derekosb - R75 Sal CDTi (Starlight Silver)
2. pab - R75 Sal 1.8t (Starlight Silver)
3. splitshift - MG ZT-T 2.5 V6 (Anthracite)
4. suzublu - R75 Sal 1.8 (Wedgewood Blue)
5. GRAHAM1961 - R75 Sal 1.8 (Firefrost Red)
6. Weeman - MG ZT-T CDTi (Starlight Silver)
7. Tim_Burgess - R75 Sal 1.8 (Royal Blue)
8. francoh20 - MG ZT 1.8t (Royal Blue)
9. dooey - R75 Sal CDT (Moonstone Green)
10. Musicalpyramid - R75 Sal 2.5 V6 (Royal Blue)
11. Tammyboy - R75 Tourer CDT (White Gold)
12. PaulG - R75 Sal 2.5 V6 (Wedgewood Blue)
13. Brigus - R75 Tourer CDT (Royal Blue)
14. Whyte850 - R75 Sal 1.8 (Zircon Silver)
15. Ian Miller - R75 Sal 1.8 (Copperleaf Red)
16. Mr Bountyfull - MG ZT 260 (Pearl Black)

Members Attending in other vehicles:

1. THOMAS1983 (Land Rover)
2. p5tgc (Rover P5 - Organiser)
3. AllyandFi - On foot

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...eelBlueLit.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q..._map_wheel.gifhttp://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...0smallblue.jpg

pab 29th March 2010 18:22

been looking forward to this...

put me down as a definite derek.

Thomas 29th March 2010 18:24

I will be there but probably in my Land Rover

derekosb 29th March 2010 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 497166)
been looking forward to this...

put me down as a definite derek.

No worries Paul, I nearly put you as Bold from the start anyway!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas1983 (Post 497168)
I will be there but probably in my Land Rover

Hi Thomas.

I remember you had said you were probably going to take the Landi this year so no problem. I'll add you in a special section, along with Trevor (p5tgc) as I think he will have his P5 there, for members attending in vehicles other than their 75/ZT:}

Derek

Graham1961 29th March 2010 18:33

Scottish meet 30.5.10

Hi Derek. Please put me down as confirmed (taking annual leave for this) Graham.

Departed 32016 29th March 2010 18:34

me of course too

Simondi 29th March 2010 19:42

Sorry :( Can't make this one

derekosb 29th March 2010 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAHAM1961 (Post 497188)
Hi Derek. Please put me down as confirmed (taking annual leave for this) Graham.

Hi Graham, excellent and look forward to seeing you then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieranswood (Post 497191)
me of course too

Excellent Kieran, see you on the 30th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 497279)
Sorry :( Can't make this one

Is this the same as last year for you Simon, your weekend down south?:(

Derek

Simondi 29th March 2010 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 497299)

Is this the same as last year for you Simon, your weekend down south?:(

Derek

Thats the one, down to sunny Leeds/Castleford. Will be thinking of you all :(

FredSpencer 29th March 2010 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 497317)
Thats the one, down to sunny Leeds/Castleford. Will be thinking of you all :(

I'll do a swop then - if my carer doesn't come up with an excuse for missing the meet. :D

WeeMan 30th March 2010 08:01

:D I'll be there!, even if I have to get the bus..... I'll be there ;)

derekosb 30th March 2010 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeMan (Post 497551)
:D I'll be there!, even if I have to get the bus..... I'll be there ;)

Hi Tommy,

Excellent news, sorry you had to miss the last one and hope you have been feeling a lot better recently:}

See you on the 30th.

Derek

2Diesels 30th March 2010 11:26

Well I think it's safe to put me down as confirmed but I'll do a deal with you, I'll come up as long as I can leave Fred up there with you lot:D:D

derekosb 30th March 2010 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Diesels (Post 497642)
Well I think it's safe to put me down as confirmed but I'll do a deal with you, I'll come up as long as I can leave Fred up there with you lot:D:D

:D:D I'm sure some kind soul may look after him..............;)

Does that mean you will be bringing him though?

I'll mark you as confirmed, I assume in the ZT-T as the P6 is nowhere near ready?:o

At least my daughter will not have to ask where you are this time:D

Cheers Col,

Derek

FredSpencer 30th March 2010 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Diesels (Post 497642)

I could just get passed around to different people to look after me. Hmmm, where have I heard about something similar? ;) :D

Tim_Burgess 30th March 2010 12:41

Form sent, fee paid, we'll be there :D

derekosb 30th March 2010 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Burgess (Post 497680)
Form sent, fee paid, we'll be there :D

Hi Tim,

Look forward to seeing you there (or on the way if we run a convoy again:D).

Derek

2Diesels 30th March 2010 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 497650)
:D:D I'm sure some kind soul may look after him..............;)

Does that mean you will be bringing him though?

I'll mark you as confirmed, I assume in the ZT-T as the P6 is nowhere near ready?:o

At least my daughter will not have to ask where you are this time:D

Cheers Col,

Derek

I'll see how he behaves this weekend at Kirkby Stephen but I'll probably bring him:D:D

Ah well the P6 will start to make progress very soon...........but alas it wont be ready:o:o so Z cars it is:D

Now can I pursuade you to visit Woodhorn? I have found a gap in "the wall" you can sneak through:p:

derekosb 30th March 2010 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Diesels (Post 497720)
Now can I pursuade you to visit Woodhorn? I have found a gap in "the wall" you can sneak through:p:

I had actually been contemplating making it down, for the Sunday at least. Just need to improve my powers of persuasion with my wife.........

I'm working on it..:o

Derek

2Diesels 30th March 2010 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 497723)
I had actually been contemplating making it down, for the Sunday at least. Just need to improve my powers of persuasion with my wife.........

Derek

I hope you can:D

I'm contemplating moving the bus ride to the Sunday as it might attract more people:shrug::shrug:

francoh20 30th March 2010 14:43

hi derek il be there to! il just be off the plane and straight to sarr. lookforward to seeing all again. franco

derekosb 30th March 2010 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by francoh20 (Post 497768)
hi derek il be there to! il just be off the plane and straight to sarr. lookforward to seeing all again. franco

Hi Franco,

Excellent mate. I got your PM regarding the web address stickers. I have been unsure how to post them without bending (and therefore creasing) them so will probably hand them out at the meet.

I'll mark you as confirmed on the first post.

Cheers,

Derek

dooey 30th March 2010 15:49

Up in Macduff working until fri so will need to wait until Saturday to print off form and send the monies away. Can't wait not been to a show in donkeys

derekosb 30th March 2010 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by dooey (Post 497818)
Up in Macduff working until fri so will need to wait until Saturday to print off form and send the monies away. Can't wait not been to a show in donkeys

Cheers Brian,

Thanks for the PM and I have added you to the list. Should be a good un!

Derek

francoh20 30th March 2010 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 497794)
Hi Franco,

Excellent mate. I got your PM regarding the web address stickers. I have been unsure how to post them without bending (and therefore creasing) them so will probably had them out at the meet.

I'll mark you as confirmed on the first post.

Cheers,

Derek

no probs derek il get them off you then. thanks

derekosb 30th March 2010 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by francoh20 (Post 497823)
no probs derek il get them off you then. thanks

Cheers Franco, that just highlighted my woeful spelling again:o. I really should be in less of a rush. Now corrected in my original reply:}.

Thanks,

Derek

francoh20 30th March 2010 16:06

speeling is not my strong point either ha ha

pab 30th March 2010 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 497723)

Derek

i will be attending 2diesels gathering for at least one of the days,if you want to tag along.

looks like this SARR meet is going to be popular.

Simondi 30th March 2010 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 497366)
I'll do a swop then - if my carer doesn't come up with an excuse for missing the meet. :D

Well we could always look at a mini meet!!! How about the carpark of the Holiday Inn in Garforth!!:D

FredSpencer 30th March 2010 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 498085)
Well we could always look at a mini meet!!! How about the carpark of the Holiday Inn in Garforth!!:D

I even know where that is! :D

pab 30th March 2010 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 498085)

i have stayed there on two occasions..whats the beefeater pub called on the other side of the roundabout?

splitshift 30th March 2010 21:15

falkirk wheel

guys, yes get me bold I will be there. No ifs buts or maybes.Time booked off work,trailer loaned in case the thing doesnt run.:shrug:
Is it purely a show or is there an autojumble type event as well ?
scott

derekosb 30th March 2010 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitshift (Post 498135)
guys, yes get me bold I will be there. No ifs buts or maybes.Time booked off work,trailer loaned in case the thing doesnt run.:shrug:
Is it purely a show or is there an autojumble type event as well ?
scott

Hi Scott,

No autojumble (well there wasn't any last year) but a great range of classics to admire.

I'll mark you as confirmed and see you on the 30th.

Derek

FredSpencer 30th March 2010 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 498097)
i have stayed there on two occasions..whats the beefeater pub called on the other side of the roundabout?

I can't remember I'm afraid. I don't drink now but too much of it in the past has fuddled my memory. :D

WeeMan 31st March 2010 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 498157)
Hi Scott,

No autojumble (well there wasn't any last year) but a great range of unattended classics/75's & ZT's to liberate parts from.

I'll mark you as confirmed and see you on the 30th.

Derek

:shrug: Derek!, how could ye! lol

suzublu 31st March 2010 14:36

Hi Derek, sorry about the delay,been a bit busy with the car.Yes put me down,can,t miss a trip up there again!I,m going to have to buy one of them skirts you all wear if i,m not careful!

derekosb 31st March 2010 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeMan (Post 498335)
:shrug: Derek!, how could ye! lol

I had to look at that twice to get what you were on about ya cheeky beggar!! :D:D:D

Derek

derekosb 31st March 2010 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 498525)
Hi Derek, sorry about the delay,been a bit busy with the car.Yes put me down,can,t miss a trip up there again!I,m going to have to buy one of them skirts you all wear if i,m not careful!

Hi Ronnie,

2 days hardly constitutes a delay in my books so no need to apologise:D.

Delighted you will venture north again and it should be an enjoyable day. You might want to think about coming up for the Saturday event as well though if you were going to overnight again? Check the SARR website for details in case you fancy it.

I have changed your name to bold for you and look forward to seeing you again on the 30th at least.

Cheers,

Derek

suzublu 31st March 2010 20:50

Thanks Derek, i did have a word with Colin earlier with a view to travelling up with him & he thought it was just a one dayer for him,& i agree so just the Sunday for me. Sending form & fee tomorrow.By the way, on the entry form,it asks "class entered" what do i put?

WeeMan 31st March 2010 21:05

:D FIRST! lol

FredSpencer 31st March 2010 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 498851)
By the way, on the entry form,it asks "class entered" what do i put?

You could go in for the tartan weaving class and then you'd be able to make your own skirt. ;) :getmecoat:

derekosb 31st March 2010 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 498851)
Thanks Derek, i did have a word with Colin earlier with a view to travelling up with him & he thought it was just a one dayer for him,& i agree so just the Sunday for me. Sending form & fee tomorrow.By the way, on the entry form,it asks "class entered" what do i put?

Hi Ronnie, our cars go under the "Modern Rover Cars (Post SD1)" category which is Class 6. Any MG's will enter Class 11 - Non Rover Vehicles and Specials.

Derek

p5tgc 3rd April 2010 10:27

SARR Classes

Just a correction regarding the classes at SARR.

To keep life simple, any MG ZT entered will be placed in the same class as a Rover 75, likewise any of the smaller MG Rover saloons will go into class 6. This will ensure all 75 / ZT owners can display together as a group.

Any other MG, such as MGA/B/F/TF, or earlier MG saloons such as Magnette will go into class 11.

If in doubt, leave the class section blank and I will classify your car.

regards TC

FredSpencer 3rd April 2010 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by p5tgc (Post 500324)

To keep life simple, any MG ZT entered will be placed in the same class as a Rover 75,

That'll upset the ruffians. ;) :D

PaulG 3rd April 2010 20:11

Hi Derek,
I'll be there again this year, but I'm not sure which vehicle I'll be bringing at the moment, so haven't sent in the form yet. I'm half tempted to bring one of my early 75's (P3 or P4) but if I bring the R40 75 we can use the caravan and stop up for a while longer. Anyway, I'll be there with some Rover product or other!
Regards
Paul

2Diesels 3rd April 2010 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulG (Post 500790)
Hi Derek,
I'll be there again this year, but I'm not sure which vehicle I'll be bringing at the moment, so haven't sent in the form yet. I'm half tempted to bring one of my early 75's (P3 or P4) but if I bring the R40 75 we can use the caravan and stop up for a while longer. Anyway, I'll be there with some Rover product or other!
Regards
Paul

I can see what a dilema that must be:D be nice to see you again Paul

Regards Col

PaulG 3rd April 2010 20:21

Look forward to seeing you too Colin. It's a hard life having so much choice...still not got my SD1 Vitesse tidied up, or convinced my wife that it would be good to use for this event:shrug:, otherwise the choice would be even harder.:D

2Diesels 3rd April 2010 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulG (Post 500797)
Look forward to seeing you too Colin. It's a hard life having so much choice...still not got my SD1 Vitesse tidied up, or convinced my wife that it would be good to use for this event:shrug:, otherwise the choice would be even harder.:D

:D:D:D I wish my P6 was back on the road as that would be my definite transport;) I might just dump the ZT in the car park as I feel it's a bit out of place at a do like that:o

PaulG 3rd April 2010 20:34

Leave the OG Tourer in the carpark...you can't do that! It deserves to be seen, especially as it is rarer than many of the other vehicles which will be there. Well, OK it is fairly difficult to miss, but that is no bad thing...I remember you saying that you had an Orange ZT before we first met. Wasn't convinced about that idea, but seeing it in the metal completely changed my mind, it looks great.

I have to admit I do understand your thoughts though...I keep feeling rather a fraud turning up at Rover events in a modern car when I have several perfectly usable older ones at home. Trouble is none of them are set up for towing the caravan.

2Diesels 3rd April 2010 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulG (Post 500807)
Leave the OG Tourer in the carpark...you can't do that! It deserves to be seen, especially as it is rarer than many of the other vehicles which will be there. Well, OK it is fairly difficult to miss, but that is no bad thing...I remember you saying that you had an Orange ZT before we first met. Wasn't convinced about that idea, but seeing it in the metal completely changed my mind, it looks great.

I have to admit I do understand your thoughts though...I keep feeling rather a fraud turning up at Rover events in a modern car when I have several perfectly usable older ones at home. Trouble is none of them are set up for towing the caravan.

Thanks for that Paul;) I'd better fill my form in then:D I suppose it's not so bad when there's a group of us :shrug:

I wish I had something with a towbar as my little Safari has never been out for 2 years:o

PaulG 3rd April 2010 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Diesels (Post 500814)
I suppose it's not so bad when there's a group of us :shrug:

It was a really good display of 75's & ZT's last year. I Think the fact that they are already able to gather in decent numbers at such events shows that they are already, pretty much, considered a classic. Long may that continue.

2Diesels 3rd April 2010 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulG (Post 500827)
It was a really good display of 75's & ZT's last year. I Think the fact that they are already able to gather in decent numbers at such events shows that they are already, pretty much, considered a classic. Long may that continue.

That's very true Paul good point;)

derekosb 3rd April 2010 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by p5tgc (Post 500324)

To keep life simple, any MG ZT entered will be placed in the same class as a Rover 75, likewise any of the smaller MG Rover saloons will go into class 6. This will ensure all 75 / ZT owners can display together as a group.

Any other MG, such as MGA/B/F/TF, or earlier MG saloons such as Magnette will go into class 11.

If in doubt, leave the class section blank and I will classify your car.

regards TC

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for that as we will probably have a few ZT's so will be good to keep everyone together. I based my comment on last year and the entry form but I fully understand and agree with the proposed system.

Regards,

Derek

derekosb 3rd April 2010 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulG (Post 500790)
Hi Derek,
Regards
Paul

Excellent news Paul and look forward to seeing you again, regardless of what vehicle you decide to bring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulG (Post 500797)
It's a hard life having so much choice...still not got my SD1 Vitesse tidied up, or convinced my wife that it would be good to use for this event:shrug:, otherwise the choice would be even harder.:D

Depending on how keen you are on winning a class, bringing the SD1 might be a good idea. There was only one there last year so it won by default:D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Diesels (Post 500799)
:D:D:D I wish my P6 was back on the road as that would be my definite transport;) I might just dump the ZT in the car park as I feel it's a bit out of place at a do like that:o

No way are you leaving your car away from the display, it is way too special. Front & Centre my friend!:drool4:

Derek

2Diesels 3rd April 2010 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 500911)

No way are you leaving your car away from the display, it is way too special. Front & Centre my friend!:drool4:

Very good of you to say so thanks Derek;)

pab 4th April 2010 09:22

totally agree...it's an eye catcher ;)

Departed 32016 4th April 2010 11:21

ok before i put them on ebay anyone after my zt hairpins? 1 with a tyre, 3 without?

splitshift 6th April 2010 21:45

wheels

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieranswood (Post 501067)
ok before i put them on ebay anyone after my zt hairpins? 1 with a tyre, 3 without?

hi mate, wats with the wheels, you got some new rims ? Actually tyres , I know i said i wanted the last one you were offering , need two ! will pay cash ! this weekend ? more i think of it, much do you want for four rims, guy at works got a nice blue zt, 55,plate i think, its on a personal but he keeps sayiong he really wanted my type of wheels, reckon hes hinting at a sale! Off work morra but back thursday.
scott

musicalpyramid 6th April 2010 22:20

Count me in for this one.

Chris Collin

derekosb 6th April 2010 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicalpyramid (Post 502875)
Count me in for this one.

Chris Collin

Hi Chris,

Delighted to add you and look forward to meeting you on the 30th.

Derek

derekosb 8th April 2010 12:54

I'm beginning to think I posted this thread a little too early?:shrug:

Any other members out there able to attend the meet on Sunday 30th May at The Falkirk Wheel as part of the Scottish All Rover Rally? Be delighted to see you there if you can make it.

Regards,

Derek

p5tgc 14th April 2010 18:36

Scottish All Rover Rally 2010

A gentle reminder that only a fortnight remains until the nominal cut-off date for advance entries to this year's rally. Enter after 1 May and you will not get your name in the programme and you may miss out on an attendance award, as these will be earmarked for the first 100 entered. There are already 65 vehicles entered in total, but only 4 of these (so far) are 75s.

I have received forms from:
Tim B
Graham C
Derek O
Ron W

so where are the rest of you? :confused:

JohnDotCom 14th April 2010 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by p5tgc (Post 507749)
A gentle reminder that only a fortnight remains until the nominal cut-off date for advance entries to this year's rally. Enter after 1 May and you will not get your name in the programme and you may miss out on an attendance award, as these will be earmarked for the first 100 entered. There are already 65 vehicles entered in total, but only 4 of these (so far) are 75s.

I have received forms from:
Tim B
Graham C
Derek O
Ron W

so where are the rest of you? :confused:

If this is a seperate meet please do not add to confusion posting on this Meet thread, not sure if the same thing or two seperate Meets?.
Thanks.

PaulG 14th April 2010 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 507752)
If this is a seperate meet please do not add to confusion posting on this Meet thread, not sure if the same thing or two seperate Meets?.
Thanks.

John,
It is the same meet, Trevor is just trying to persuade people to get their entries in...must dig mine out and get it sent off!

derekosb 14th April 2010 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 507752)
Thanks.

Same as last year John, we are having a 75 & ZT meet within the SARR. Last year was excellent with a strong attendance and we are hoping for a similar strong showing again from the Scottish members.

Any more up for this meet?

And everyone else on the list on the 1st post, can I please ask that you get your entry form posted off as soon as possible.:} Many thanks.

Derek

JohnDotCom 14th April 2010 21:23

Thanks for clarification Guys.

derekosb 14th April 2010 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 507852)
Thanks for clarification Guys.

Thanks for the bump!:D:D

Derek

dooey 19th April 2010 17:38

Cheque posted tonight 1st class but missed last post so should have mine by Wednesday. If not can you let me know please. Cheers

derekosb 21st April 2010 11:21

Unfortunately I have had a PM from Tazman3 advising that due to work commitments he will be unable to attend this year. I have amended the list on the first post.:(

Any more members fancy attending then please let me know.

Looking forward to this as last year was excellent.

Derek

Tam 22nd April 2010 00:48

Hi Derek have stayed quiet on this one as yet but intend to be there but when i downloaded the entry form i noticed the cars had to be in place for 10.30 which i wouldn't be able to make ! . Don't suppose you know if their would be any leeway given as the earliest i could be there would be 11.30 ! . Would rather line up with the rest but if i have to park in normal carpark then so be it , cheers Tam .

p5tgc 22nd April 2010 13:43

Scottish Meet 30 May

Please come along as early as you can, if we can get you into the rally arena we will, it will of course depend on how much space is left. SARR does have the use of the overspill parking area (coach park) for the event so we should be able to get you in somewhere!

TC (SARR Organising committee)

If anyone has either not received, or lost their entry form for SARR, there is a downloadable version available on the SARR web site at:
http://www.sarr.co.uk

Tam 22nd April 2010 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by p5tgc (Post 511907)
Please come along as early as you can, if we can get you into the rally arena we will, it will of course depend on how much space is left. SARR does have the use of the overspill parking area (coach park) for the event so we should be able to get you in somewhere!

If anyone has either not received, or lost their entry form for SARR, there is a downloadable version available on the SARR web site at:

Ok will fill form out and get it away , cheers Tam.

derekosb 22nd April 2010 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by tammyboy (Post 511763)
Hi Derek have stayed quiet on this one as yet but intend to be there but when i downloaded the entry form i noticed the cars had to be in place for 10.30 which i wouldn't be able to make ! . Don't suppose you know if their would be any leeway given as the earliest i could be there would be 11.30 ! . Would rather line up with the rest but if i have to park in normal carpark then so be it , cheers Tam .

Hi Tam,

Excellent news. I saw your post this morning and meant to reply but hoped Trevor may see it and give an "official" answer. Anna (scooterchick) was able to leave and come back last year so I hoped it would be okay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by p5tgc (Post 511907)

Thanks for confirming that Trevor. Much appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tammyboy (Post 511946)
Ok will fill form out and get it away , cheers Tam.

I'll see if we can save you a space when we all park together as no doubt we will have a convoy to get there:D

Any more members up for the meet?

Oh, and I had better update the list on the first post:o.

Derek

dooey 24th April 2010 20:50

Got my conformation e-mail thats me there now eventually sorry again for the delay.

derekosb 26th April 2010 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by dooey (Post 513151)
Got my conformation e-mail thats me there now eventually sorry again for the delay.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for confirming. Any more for any more??

If all the photos of Gaydon put you in the mood for a meet then come along to the SARR at Falkirk on the 30th of May. Should be a grand day out.

Cheers,

Derek

pab 26th April 2010 18:10

received my replacement entry form,filled in and payment enclosed..thanks derek.

anyone else not returned there entry form yet?

derekosb 26th April 2010 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 514039)
received my replacement entry form,filled in and payment enclosed..thanks derek.

anyone else not returned there entry form yet?

No worries Paul, glad to help.

Any more for any more?

Derek

WeeMan 26th April 2010 21:05

:bowdown: OMG!! Paul.... I haven't, lucky you put that there I forgot all about it.

2Diesels 26th April 2010 21:11

ENTRY FORM!:eek: Eh what! oh shame on you Mr Diesel how could you forget about that:o:o oh what am a ganna dee:panic::panic::panic:

derekosb 26th April 2010 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Diesels (Post 514249)
ENTRY FORM!:eek: Eh what! oh shame on you Mr Diesel how could you forget about that:o:o oh what am a ganna dee:panic::panic::panic:

:D:D:D:D I do like your attempt at "dialect"!

Form is due in for the 1st of May so you have time mate:D

Derek

2Diesels 26th April 2010 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 514253)
:D:D:D:D I do like your attempt at "dialect"!

Form is due in for the 1st of May so you have time mate:D

Derek

Looking forward to it & seeing all my scottish friends again:D
Form printed just need to remember who I am so I can fill it in:D:D
Did we decide ZTs were under class 6???:shrug:

Heeeheeehee Fred's gonna have to get up sharp for this one:D

derekosb 26th April 2010 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Diesels (Post 514265)

Excellent, get it off in the post tomorrow and yes, all ZT's are in class 6 so we can all park together and compete against each other I suppose!:o

Derek

2Diesels 26th April 2010 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 514267)
Excellent, get it off in the post tomorrow and yes, all ZT's are in class 6 so we can all park together and compete against each other I suppose!:o

Derek

But what chance do I stand against an array of silver ones:D:getmecoat:

p5tgc 28th April 2010 10:04

With only a few days to go before I have to get the entry list ready for programme printing, here are the confirmed entrants with 75 / ZTs:
Paul G
Tim B
Brian R
Ron W
Paul B
Thomas O
Graham C
Derek O
Francis McS
Thomas H
Ian M

So far only two ZTs! :shrug:
Remember these will be allocated places within Class 6 so all 75s and ZTs can park together.

derekosb 28th April 2010 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by p5tgc (Post 514977)
With only a few days to go before I have to get the entry list ready for programme printing, here are the confirmed entrants with 75 / ZTs:
Paul G
Tim B
Brian R
Ron W
Paul B
Thomas O
Graham C
Derek O
Francis McS

So far only one ZT! :shrug:
Remember these will be allocated places within Class 6 so all 75s and ZTs can park together.

Thanks Trevor,

To translate into forum names the list reads:

PaulG
Tim_Burgess
dooey
Suzublu
pab
tammyboy
GRAHAM1961
Derekosb
francoh20

So 8 of the 14 in the 1st post are registered. I am not sure if the remaining 6 will be able to get their entries in time for the programme but can you please get your entries posted as soon as possible.

PaulG, as Trevor has you registered does that mean you are bringing your "modern" 75?:D Let me know and I can then add you to the original list.

Any more members up for this meet. Was really good last year and will hopefully be just as good this year. The class winner from last year (TenerifeMike) is not able to make it so the door is open for someone else to take the spot. As the ZT's are competing in the same class that should make for some interesting discussions!!:D

Cheers,

Derek

PaulG 28th April 2010 17:30

Hi Derek,
Yes Trevor is right, I've entered my modern 75 again as it is the easy way to bring the caravan up. I realised time was running out so made a decision so that I could get the form sent in. Still a little bit torn though...

Colin - thought I would help you offset the glut of silver ...well unless I change my mind late on and bring the SD1 instead ... then I'd be joining them:shrug:

Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Paul

derekosb 28th April 2010 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulG (Post 515125)
Hi Derek,
Yes Trevor is right, I've entered my modern 75 again as it is the easy way to bring the caravan up. I realised time was running out so made a decision so that I could get the form sent in. Still a little bit torn though...

Colin - thought I would help you offset the glut of silver ...well unless I change my mind late on and bring the SD1 instead ... then I'd be joining them:shrug:

Paul

Hi Paul,

Excellent mate, I shall amend my first post again and add you to the list.

Cheers,

Derek

derekosb 28th April 2010 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Diesels (Post 514272)
But what chance do I stand against an array of silver ones:D:getmecoat:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulG (Post 515125)
Hi Derek,

Paul

I have just updated the list in the first post with the members variants, engines and colours. Surprisingly, so far we have only got 3 Starlight Silver cars (me, pab and Weeman) so hardly a glut this year. We also have 3 Royal Blue but no other colour has more than 2. (2 White Gold, 2 Anthracite and 2 Wedgewood). The rest are on their own (well that is no surprise to you Colin!!:D). 1 Firefrost, 1 Moonstone Green and the 1 and only Orange Grove!.

Derek

francoh20 28th April 2010 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 515143)
I have just updated the list in the first post with the members variants, engines and colours. Surprisingly, so far we have only got 3 Starlight Silver cars (me, pab and Weeman) so hardly a glut this year. We also have 3 Royal Blue but no other colour has more than 2. (2 White Gold, 2 Anthracite and 2 Wedgewood). The rest are on their own (well that is no surprise to you Colin!!:D). 1 Firefrost, 1 Moonstone Green and the 1 and only Orange Grove!.

Derek

royal blue????:shrug:

pab 28th April 2010 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Diesels (Post 514265)

will see you at woodhorn before this meet..just to remind you about the pies

derekosb 28th April 2010 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by francoh20 (Post 515163)
royal blue????:shrug:

That's its official name Franco:}
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d68221b7c9.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...1f715d2ae8.jpg

Check here::smilie_re:http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=20831

Derek

2Diesels 28th April 2010 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 515225)
will see you at woodhorn before this meet..just to remind you about the pies

Are you coming both days Paul?:shrug:

pab 28th April 2010 20:00

maybe just the one day,was going to post up on the appropriate thread which would be the best day?

2Diesels 28th April 2010 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 515233)
maybe just the one day,was going to post up on the appropriate thread which would be the best day?

Well I reckon the Sunday as only 2 people seem interested in the Saturday:shrug:

pab 28th April 2010 20:07

2 people..why,looks a great venue would suit the yorkies down to the ground.

2Diesels 28th April 2010 20:16

Only 2 Yorkies coming:shrug::shrug: very dissapointed but cant cancel the Saturday now as Justmicky has already booked his hotel so it wouldn't be fair on him:o

derekosb 4th May 2010 06:38

Well, only a few weeks to go till the meet.

Any more members up for the meet.

How about some of our regulars: Magellan, AldoR, Coalburnflyer?

Any more for any more?

Derek

2Diesels 4th May 2010 07:27

Derek I'm still going to try & get there but only if I can commandier/commandeer..........pinch the Skoda off my Dad as my car is getting worse & I dont trust it to get me there:o

buzz887 8th May 2010 00:05

I am a member of the forum but not the club, am I allowed to attend?

Simondi 8th May 2010 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzz887 (Post 520188)

I think its fair to say Derek and the others would make you most welcome at this meet. Sorry I can't be there myself to meet you.

pab 8th May 2010 06:28

Quote:

don't think it is a problem..

why not subscribe,the best tenner you will spend.

p5tgc 8th May 2010 10:27

Yes, of course you can attend the SARR. Entry to this event is not restricted to members of this, or any other forum, club, or group. All that is required is an interest in Rover cars (or Land Rovers) and the entry fee!

Advance entries have now exceeded 100 vehicles, so it will be a great day out.

regards TC

derekosb 8th May 2010 11:58

Quote:

Hi there Buzz,

As others have said, you will be more than welcome. Just let us know if you will make it and I will add you to the list.
Welcome to the club as well.:}

Derek

Thomas 9th May 2010 12:46

Guys can I pay on the day ?

p5tgc 9th May 2010 16:35

Yes, no problem, just bring cash!

TC

Thomas 9th May 2010 21:13

:DOk thanks for that will pop along to see you all as I shall be in the Land Rover :D

p5tgc 10th May 2010 10:13

A reminder to those readers who do plan to come along to the event, that this time the action takes place on the south side of the canal, access via B816 Glenfuir Road / Tamfourhill Road / Lime Road, there is no vehicular access to the event from the Falkirk Council car park on the north side of the canal.

DO NOT use the car park adjacent to The Wheelhouse restaurant / Park & Ride, follow the signs which indicate "Service Access" to the Wheel.

TC

allyandfi 14th May 2010 19:08

Derek may be at the event for a short while, Plan at present is for me and son to pop over while rest of family pop over to visit our cousins new baby.

Son desperate to see a SD1:bowdown:. Will pop over and say hello when we turn up

Brigus 16th May 2010 23:16

Hi there - haven't visited the site for a while but I will be there. Is it too late for me to park with the other members? I notice in an above post we can pay on the day - is that possible for the Saturday buffet as well?

p5tgc 17th May 2010 10:02

Sorry, we cannot accept "on the day" bookings for the evening meal, as we have to pre- book the numbers with the caterers.

However, if you send in an entry form & payment NOW, I can process the booking and you WILL be able to attend. I cannot do this for any entries received after 21 May, so do be quick.

NB This applies ONLY to evening meal bookings, as stated earlier we will allow cars to enter the road run and / or the Sunday show "on the day".

P5TGC
Rally Secretary
SARR 2010

derekosb 17th May 2010 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyandfi (Post 523724)
Derek may be at the event for a short while, Plan at present is for me and son to pop over while rest of family pop over to visit our cousins new baby.

Son desperate to see a SD1:bowdown:. Will pop over and say hello when we turn up

Hi Ally,

I take it that means you will be visiting the SARR rather than joining the meet? No problem, just pop over and say hello:}. We are hoping to have a Gazebo this year so hopefully we will be obvious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brigus (Post 525055)
Hi there - haven't visited the site for a while but I will be there. Is it too late for me to park with the other members? I notice in an above post we can pay on the day - is that possible for the Saturday buffet as well?

Hi Scott,

I had hoped Trevor would spot this and answer for the Saturday meal. As I expected this would need to pre-booked. I will put your name on the list for the Sunday and look forward to seeing you again then:}

Quote:

Originally Posted by p5tgc (Post 525135)
Sorry, we cannot accept "on the day" bookings for the evening meal, as we have to pre- book the numbers with the caterers.

However, if you send in an entry form & payment NOW, I can process the booking and you WILL be able to attend. I cannot do this for any entries received after 21 May, so do be quick.

NB This applies ONLY to evening meal bookings, as stated earlier we will allow cars to enter the road run and / or the Sunday show "on the day".

P5TGC
Rally Secretary
SARR 2010

Thanks for confirming Trevor, thought that the Saturday meal may have been sold out so at least that option is still available. See you on the Sunday.

Cheers,

Derek

derekosb 17th May 2010 11:01

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

As we get closer to the Meet I thought I would also post the current list at the end of the post as well as in the 1st Post.

Details and entry form can be found here: http://www.sarr.co.uk/

Details of the unique Falkirk Wheel can be found here: http://www.thefalkirkwheel.co.uk/

The display area is highlighted with a flashing blue star. There are over a hundred cars registered for this year. Weeman (Tommy) has also offered to bring his Gazebo this year so we will have somewhere to congregate, thanks Tommy!

ANY MORE MEMBERS LOOKING TO COME ALONG ON THE 30TH PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Derek

3. Scooterchick - R75 Sal CDTi (White Gold)
4. 2Diesels (& FredSpencer) - MG ZT-T CDTi (Orange Grove)
5. splitshift - MG ZT-T 2.5 V6 (Anthracite)
6. suzublu - R75 Sal 1.8 (Wedgewood Blue)
7. GRAHAM1961 - R75 Sal 1.8 (Firefrost Red)
8. Kieranswood - MG ZT CDTi (Anthracite)
9. Weeman - MG ZT-T CDTi (Starlight Silver)
10. Tim_Burgess - R75 Sal 1.8 (Royal Blue)
11. francoh20 - MG ZT 1.8t (Royal Blue)
12. dooey - R75 Sal CDT (Moonstone Green)
13. Musicalpyramid - R75 Sal 2.5 V6 (Royal Blue)
14. Tammyboy - R75 Tourer CDT (White Gold)
15. PaulG - R75 Sal 2.5 V6 (Wedgewood Blue)
16. Brigus - R75 Tourer CDT (Royal Blue)

3. AllyandFi (On foot)

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q..._map_wheel.gifhttp://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...0smallblue.jpg

whyte850 17th May 2010 17:27

I shall be makeing an appearence, got the day off work, will be coming with my Dad in W25RJS.:)

derekosb 17th May 2010 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by whyte850 (Post 525309)
I shall be makeing an appearence, got the day off work, will be coming with my Dad in W25RJS.:)

Excellent news Ross. Are you both coming in one car then rather than bringing one each:D:D? Am I right that yours is Zircon?

I'll add you to the list and look forward to seeing you both again on the 30th.

The display area is highlighted with a flashing blue star. There are over a hundred cars registered for this year. Weeman (Tommy) has also offered to bring his Gazebo this year so we will have somewhere to congregate, thanks Tommy!

Derek

3. Scooterchick - R75 Sal CDTi (White Gold)
4. 2Diesels (& FredSpencer) - MG ZT-T CDTi (Orange Grove)
5. splitshift - MG ZT-T 2.5 V6 (Anthracite)
6. suzublu - R75 Sal 1.8 (Wedgewood Blue)
7. GRAHAM1961 - R75 Sal 1.8 (Firefrost Red)
8. Kieranswood - MG ZT CDTi (Anthracite)
9. Weeman - MG ZT-T CDTi (Starlight Silver)
10. Tim_Burgess - R75 Sal 1.8 (Royal Blue)
11. francoh20 - MG ZT 1.8t (Royal Blue)
12. dooey - R75 Sal CDT (Moonstone Green)
13. Musicalpyramid - R75 Sal 2.5 V6 (Royal Blue)
14. Tammyboy - R75 Tourer CDT (White Gold)
15. PaulG - R75 Sal 2.5 V6 (Wedgewood Blue)
16. Brigus - R75 Tourer CDT (Royal Blue)
17. Whyte850 - R75 Sal 1.8 (Zircon Silver)

3. AllyandFi (On foot)

whyte850 17th May 2010 18:40

Hi yeah Derek mines is Zircon, I think its a safe bet we will be in mine but me and my dad are starting work on the `T`reg dealer launch car soon, theres a slim chance it might make an appearence. We will pay on the day.:)

pab 17th May 2010 18:43

would be great to see the launch saloon..:drool4:

Brigus 18th May 2010 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by p5tgc (Post 525135)

P5TGC
Rally Secretary
SARR 2010

Thanks for the clarification - makes sense. Just thought I'd ask since I won't know if we can make it for Saturday/ Saturday evening until early next week. We'll pass on the meal this year but thanks for the offer of quick processing.

One more question - if paying on the day do I still need to send in the entry form, or can I just show up at the gate with form and cash in hand?

Cheers

Brigus 18th May 2010 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 525146)
Hi Scott,

I had hoped Trevor would spot this and answer for the Saturday meal. As I expected this would need to pre-booked. I will put your name on the list for the Sunday and look forward to seeing you again then:}

Cheers Derek - looking forward to it.

Scott

p5tgc 18th May 2010 19:59

SARR "on the day" entrants.

If you are coming but have NOT already sent in an entry form, do NOT send a form or payment now.

When you arrive at the venue just report to the Rally Control caravan, where you can fill in an entry form and pay the fee in cash.

In case anyone who HAS sent in an entry form is wondering, there are no entry passes required to gain access to the venue this year, so we have not had to post out passes to entrants as we did at Thirlestane. All the 75 / ZT entrants whose forms have been received are listed on my earlier posting.

splitshift 21st May 2010 12:34

wheel

Hello guys am still alive, but, am in the throes of manifold changing,:confused: and work,:(and a resident mrs grumpy,:getmecoat: how much !!! and a teenage son, hmmmph!:shrug: so, I will come along to the wheel hopefully in the zt, and will pay on the day sort of thing or will walk along and spectate ! I will make my prescence known to all concerned ! Hope you are all well and look forward to seeing you there !
Scott

derekosb 21st May 2010 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitshift (Post 527341)
Hello guys am still alive, but, am in the throes of manifold changing,:confused: and work,:(and a resident mrs grumpy,:getmecoat: how much !!! and a teenage son, hmmmph!:shrug: so, I will come along to the wheel hopefully in the zt, and will pay on the day sort of thing or will walk along and spectate ! I will make my prescence known to all concerned ! Hope you are all well and look forward to seeing you there !
Scott

Good to know you are still with us Scott!:D

I saw your post about removing the VIS and remembered your rattle from Loch Lomond. I hope you get it sorted and you can bring the ZT to the meet though. The more cars the better.

See you on the 30th in any case.

Derek

Garaidh 22nd May 2010 21:02

Sarr

Hi Derek

think we might be able to make it, having just rejoined the ranks of 75 owners!

Hope you're well,

Gary

derekosb 22nd May 2010 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garaidh (Post 528171)
Hi Derek

Hope you're well,

Gary

Hi Gary,

Welcome back my friend and delighted you can join us again. When did you get a 75 again as I had not realised?:D:D

Shall I add you to the list or is your attendance still a "possible"?

Derek

Graham1961 24th May 2010 10:54

Scottish meet 30.5.10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garaidh (Post 528171)
Hi Derek

Hope you're well,

Gary

Hi Gary. It's great to see you back, and you got another 75 (or zt) the silver one you had last year at Thirilstane was a real beauty (pre-project drive) I hope you can make Falkirk this sunday...look forward to seeing you again.

Departed 32016 24th May 2010 17:36

Hi everyone, still not got the net hard wired into the flat... so on the company laptop. Went round my new base today Falkirk, Stenhousemuir, Striling, Livingston popped into Morrisions stirling and took a test drive in the new tf too. Looking forward to the meet. any convoys sorted etc???

derekosb 24th May 2010 21:36

Hi Kieran,

Not set up any convoys as yet and was thinking about these earlier today.

You up for one from the East Kieran? What about you Graham?

Derek

Graham1961 24th May 2010 22:12

Scottish meet 30.5.10

Hi Derek. Yes i would be up for a convoy...ps i have a friend who has a R75 who has entered the SARR (he was at lauder last year) but is not a member as he has not got internet....could he join us ?

derekosb 24th May 2010 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAHAM1961 (Post 529424)
Hi Derek. Yes i would be up for a convoy...ps i have a friend who has a R75 who has entered the SARR (he was at lauder last year) but is not a member as he has not got internet....could he join us ?

Hi Graham,

Is this your friend Ian Miller that came last year? Of course it will be okay for him to come along again.

I will have a look at convoys tomorrow and make some suggestions.

Derek

Tim_Burgess 24th May 2010 22:34

Derek, are we travelling over in convoy from Glasgow? If so where & when do you want to meet?

FredSpencer 25th May 2010 05:40

I'll be on the A1 passing Wetherby about 5.15 a.m. if anyone wants to tag along. :shrug: :D

Graham1961 25th May 2010 09:00

Scottish meet 30.5.10

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 529436)
Hi Graham,

Is this your friend Ian Miller that came last year? Of course it will be okay for him to come along again.

I will have a look at convoys tomorrow and make some suggestions.

Derek

Hi Derek. Yes that's the chap, he is a driving instuctor...that's great news.

Thomas 25th May 2010 20:37

Any idea what the weathers to be like guys if its good I may go topless !

:D

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/v...sb1983/084.jpg

FredSpencer 25th May 2010 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas1983 (Post 529849)
Any idea what the weathers to be like guys if its good I may go topless !

:eek: In that case I hope it's raining, as usual. :getmecoat:

Thomas 25th May 2010 20:52

Fred......your not being very nice to me :(

derekosb 25th May 2010 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas1983 (Post 529867)
Fred......your not being very nice to me :(

Don't take it personally Thomas, he's not nice to anyone really.....:p:

Derek

FredSpencer 25th May 2010 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 529882)
Don't take it personally Thomas, he's not nice to anyone really.....:p:

Derek

Thank you for springing to my defence ...... I think. :confused: :D

suzublu 26th May 2010 09:21

It,s going to rain.Allways rains when i,m in Scotland

FredSpencer 26th May 2010 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 530102)
It,s going to rain.Allways rains when i,m in Scotland

Me too! :getmecoat:

Departed 32016 26th May 2010 19:15

Shame i won't have my new addition in time

http://i.ebayimg.com/05/!BuLJmdg!Wk~...!PR2w~~_12.JPG

derekosb 26th May 2010 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieranswood (Post 530372)
Shame i won't have my new addition in time

http://i.ebayimg.com/05/!BuLJmdg!Wk~...!PR2w~~_12.JPG

:DOkay, that's three threads you have posted your new car on!! Stop it you jammy get........:envy::envy:

Have to admit, that is lovely:drool4: and at £3k!! an absolute bargain.

Hope we get the weather for you to enjoy it properly:p:

Derek

Departed 32016 26th May 2010 19:47

yeah well thats what i get for not being on here for weeks plus Alana was getting fed up of the "oh i bought that tf" and i've been through my phone so the forum was next...

Such a bargain, could sell it next year for same price i reckon.

So do i buy a hard top thats the question? Anyhoo i want to polish the zt BUT will it be raining on Sat or Sunday?

derekosb 26th May 2010 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieranswood (Post 530397)
yeah well thats what i get for not being on here for weeks plus Alana was getting fed up of the "oh i bought that tf" and i've been through my phone so the forum was next...

Such a bargain, could sell it next year for same price i reckon.

So do i buy a hard top thats the question? Anyhoo i want to polish the zt BUT will it be raining on Sat or Sunday?

Hoping for glorious sunshine like last year's meet! Mind you, Colin & Fred, the harbingers of doom and bad weather, were not there last year!:p:

Here's hoping they (and Ronnie) don't bring the rain with them like at Loch Lomond?

Derek

whyte850 26th May 2010 21:57

Thats a really nice car, roll on summer sunshine:)

PaulG 26th May 2010 22:17

Can't believe the SARR is in a coupe of days time now. Really looking forward to it...just wish I had more time to get the car tidied up for the weekend!

Garaidh 26th May 2010 23:25

Sarr

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 528214)
Hi Gary,

Welcome back my friend and delighted you can join us again. When did you get a 75 again as I had not realised?:D:D

Shall I add you to the list or is your attendance still a "possible"?

Derek

Thanks Derek (and Graham) :-)

I had to sell my last 75 (think recession!!) and it, happily, went to someone who has looked after it well.

Things better this year so have just bought a well looked-after Connoisseur SE 2.5 in wedgewood blue. Not quite up to show standard yet!! (alloys need clean, a few chips and some interior scuffs) ... but she will soon be!

Just had a business trip over to south of Oban and all went well. No probs and £35 petrol for the return trip so... chuffed!!

Look forward to seeing you at the weekend and to catching up. I'll rejoin club before and will upload pics.

Cheers :-)
Gary

FredSpencer 27th May 2010 05:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 530435)
Here's hoping they (and Ronnie) don't bring the rain with them like at Loch Lomond?

Isn't it funny how history can get twisted, depending on which side you're on. :shrug::D

WeeMan 27th May 2010 06:33

:D Fred......... to be fair it's never rained that much since!, my bones have just got a heat back in them from then aswell :p:

FredSpencer 27th May 2010 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeMan (Post 530559)
:D Fred......... to be fair it's never rained that much since!, my bones have just got a heat back in them from then aswell :p:

That'll be because there was nowt left after Loch Lomond! :getmecoat:

derekosb 27th May 2010 17:06

As we get closer to the Meet I thought I would also post the current list at the end of the post as well as in the 1st Post. Can now unfortunately advise that Scooterchick is not well enough to attend. However Garaidh has now rejoined the fray and will join us on Sunday. List updated below.

Derek

3. splitshift - MG ZT-T 2.5 V6 (Anthracite)
4. suzublu - R75 Sal 1.8 (Wedgewood Blue) + guests 2Diesels & FredSpencer
5. GRAHAM1961 - R75 Sal 1.8 (Firefrost Red)
6. Kieranswood - MG ZT CDTi (Anthracite)
7. Weeman - MG ZT-T CDTi (Starlight Silver)
8. Tim_Burgess - R75 Sal 1.8 (Royal Blue)
9. francoh20 - MG ZT 1.8t (Royal Blue)
10. dooey - R75 Sal CDT (Moonstone Green)
11. Musicalpyramid - R75 Sal 2.5 V6 (Royal Blue)
12. Tammyboy - R75 Tourer CDT (White Gold)
13. PaulG - R75 Sal 2.5 V6 (Wedgewood Blue)
14. Brigus - R75 Tourer CDT (Royal Blue)
15. Garaidh - R75 Sal 2.5 V6 (Wedgewood Blue)
16. Ian Miller - R75 Sal 1.8 (Copperleaf Red)

3. AllyandFi (On foot)

Thomas 27th May 2010 21:13

What time is everyone meeting at the wheel guys ?