The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   RPWC get well soon (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=313386)

kc13661 7th June 2021 18:11

RPWC get well soon

Hi folks

Not sure if anyone has made this announcement,

RIchard Peters aka RPWC has had a nasty accident, he was at work when he apparently fell from his ladder at height.

He was airlifted to ICU and put into an induced coma, all I know is he suffered some really bad injuries including a fractured skull

Richard often helped us out at my place of work, doing some driving for us.

As and when we receive information, I will update you.

Until then prayers are for a speedy recovery and for his family.

rab60bit 7th June 2021 18:20

Sorry, I don't know Richard but it all sounds rather serious, my thoughts are with him and his family for a quick and full recovery

WillyHeckaslike 7th June 2021 18:36

OMG! Absolutely stunned and shocked to hear of this, words almost fail me. Please keep us informed. Wishing Richard and his family the best of outcomes and a speedy recovery. :grouphug:

Lancpudn 7th June 2021 18:45

Oh my word! That's terrible news, I hope he makes a full recovery.

FLYING BANANA 7th June 2021 18:57

OMG! Oh so sorry to hear this. Yes, please keep us informed please on his recovery.
Get well soon Richard.

Mike Noc 7th June 2021 19:14

That is terrible news. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery Richard.

trikey 7th June 2021 19:26

RPWC get well soon

Oh no!!! After all the bad luck he’s had just lately this happens!

Not fair on one of life’s good guys.

Get well soon mate, thanks for letting us all know Keith.

Ian G 7th June 2021 19:27

I have no words to say what a shock it is to hear this news Please get well soon Richard we are thinking of you mate.

stevestrat 7th June 2021 19:33

Oh wow! Known Rich for years, can only repeat what others have said and hope for a speedy recovery.

ssizefive 7th June 2021 19:34

Get well soon Richard.

Steve.

suzublu 7th June 2021 19:37

That's a shock:eek: Hope he makes a speedy recovery

patrolman pete 7th June 2021 19:38

Got to know Richard from our Gateshead metro centre monthly meets. Smashing lad. Get well bud , wishing you a speedy recovery.

Saga Lout 7th June 2021 19:42

From me

I'm in the queue with best wishes, I'm hoping to give them to him in person.
God speed his recovery from all of us.

coolcat 7th June 2021 19:48

Just seen this…….Shocked to say the least.
Let’s hope for a full and speedy recovery.
Rich had become a very good friend and he’s had enough bad luck of late to not need this as well!

Rev Jules 7th June 2021 20:18

OMG! that is not good, hope he recovers very soon.

Rev.

stocktake 7th June 2021 20:22

Awful news, such a nice guy, Get well soon buddy.

ziggy72 7th June 2021 20:23

That's awful news. Let's hope you make a quick and full recovery Richard.

VVC-Geeza 7th June 2021 20:25

Praying for a full and speedy recovery for you Rich.

Simondi 7th June 2021 20:36

Oh no,I hope you get well soon. So sorry to hear your news

Jay 7th June 2021 20:45

Richard is a great fella:bowdown:
So sad to hear :(
Only responded with him less than a week ago.
Praying for you buddy :grouphug:

Nige B 7th June 2021 20:47

can only echo what the others have already said , really nice bloke and will help anyone when he can..hope he makes a full and speedy recovery ,

Typhoon190 7th June 2021 21:11

That is terrible. I hope he recovers fully and quickly.

myfirstrover 7th June 2021 21:18

Shocked to hear this , Rich lives just down the road from me , always has time for a chat , hope he makes a fast recovery

Ched 7th June 2021 21:22

Terrible news, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Graham1961 7th June 2021 21:22

Just heard this terrible news, I'm very friendly with him knowing him through the club.

I'm truly stunned by this and as everyone has already said, let us pray he makes full recovery.

COLVERT 7th June 2021 21:25

Terrible news. I hope he responds well and quickly to treatment.

The Mighty Quinn 7th June 2021 21:28

Very sorry to hear this..

Best wishes to Richard and his family for a full and speedy recovery..

Karl.

Dallas 7th June 2021 21:50

That is terrible news.

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery Rich.

Arctic 7th June 2021 22:18

What awful news, it was not so long back i was in contact with him over PM, hopefully he will recover and our best wishes are with him and his family at this sad time.

bl52krz 7th June 2021 22:27

I have never had the pleasure of meeting you, but I hope that your recovery will be quick, and we will see you posting again. My thoughts are with your family also. Good Luck.

clf 7th June 2021 22:37

Can only echo what others have said. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery, with best wishes for his family.

Leyland Worldmaster 8th June 2021 01:18

Best wishes to Richard for a full recovery. Really shocking news. Richard is a top bloke; met him personally a few times at Club Meets over the last few years.

bluebird 8th June 2021 06:04

Get well soon Rich sending thoughts to you n ur family for a speedy recovery x

AndyN01 8th June 2021 06:08

Dreadful news.

The guy's been having some really tough times lately.

He went way out of his way to help me out when the Tourer broke down.

Great bloke.

Fingers properly crossed for a speedy and full recovery.

And thinking of his family.

If there's anything we can do when we're up in the North East please let us know.

squire 8th June 2021 06:11

I'm so sorry to hear about Richard's accident, I sincerely hope his injuries are not as serious as at first feared. Praying that he's soon up and about, my thoughts are with him and his family and friends, get well soon Richard.

Fusilier 8th June 2021 06:24

Rpwc

Sorry to hear of this, and such an awful accident, hope that Richard makes a speedy recovery, and thoughts and prayers are with Richard and his family.

Stu

NigelOBB 8th June 2021 06:40

Wishing you a quick recovery Richard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astraeus 8th June 2021 07:02

Get well soon

oh no. Just read thisWishing him and family well

Chris

reworht 8th June 2021 09:01

That's shocking news - Richard was instrumental in getting me to attend the meets at the Metro Centre, and became a firm friend. If he was in my area with a coach driving job, I would meet up with him in a car park somewhere for a chat whilst his passengers saw the local sights.
Rich is a true gent, always ready to offer his help to anyone who needs it.
I hope and pray for a complete recovery - get well soon mate.

wraymond 8th June 2021 09:45

Echo all above. Best wishes for a full recovery.

roverbarmy 8th June 2021 10:11

Best wishes for your healing. Gravity and ladders don't mix well, as I found out after falling just a few steps, cracking my ribs in the process! Take your time and your medication. Get well soon.

Gate Keeper 8th June 2021 10:45

Our thoughts and best wishes go to Richard’s wife Fiona and the family at this difficult and challenging time for Richard, we are thinking of you in ICU. Jessica and I send you our prayers and love.

Several years ago, I met Richard at a car meet in Essex when he was there to collect parts. He is a very kind gentleman and a few years ago he rallied support on the forum with George to help me get through a big op, then he arranged for a hard to find car part to be sent out by air mail to Kenya. He went the extra mile, he is that kind of guy who deserves the best.

Rogue 8th June 2021 12:17

I would just like to add my thoughts and best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Georgies Dad 8th June 2021 12:37

Georgie and Me say ,get well soon Rich,we are all rooting for you and hope for a speedy recovery

ricardo65 8th June 2021 13:07

Best wishes Rich hopefully a full and speedy recovery

Sent from my VFD 730 using Tapatalk

stevestrat 8th June 2021 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc13661 (Post 2885207)
Hi folks

Not sure if anyone has made this announcement,

RIchard Peters aka RPWC has had a nasty accident, he was at work when he apparently fell from his ladder at height.

He was airlifted to ICU and put into an induced coma, all I know is he suffered some really bad injuries including a fractured skull

Richard often helped us out at my place of work, doing some driving for us.
The t
As and when we receive information, I will updat
Until then prayers are for a speedy recovery and for his family.

Keith, or anyone else close to Rich and his family. I'm sure we'd all be extremely grateful of any updates to Rich's condition when known provided the family are ok with it.

Bluejon 8th June 2021 14:11

Jan & I send our sincere thoughts, Prayers & Best Wishes to Rich for a speedy & full recovery.

Please pass on to Rich's Wife & Family our sincere thoughts & Prayers for what you all must be going through at this terrible time for you all.

Our thoughts & Prayers are with you Rich, God Bless.....John & Jan. [Bluejon & Silvervixen]

bendrick 8th June 2021 14:37

Best of luck son, sounds a very unfortunate incident.

wullie480 8th June 2021 15:43

Thanks for letting us know it’s been a while since I chatted with Richard and hope he’s doing well and wish him a speedy recovery. Get well soon bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kc13661 8th June 2021 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 2885340)
Keith, or anyone else close to Rich and his family. I'm sure we'd all be extremely grateful of any updates to Rich's condition when known provided the family are ok with it.

Will post updates as soon as we have them, great support guys and gals

stevestrat 8th June 2021 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc13661 (Post 2885405)
Will post updates as soon as we have them, great support guys and gals

Many thank Keith, as you can see there's a lot of people very concerned.

sworks 9th June 2021 06:04

Wishing you a speedy recovery Richard

kc13661 10th June 2021 17:24

Update

For all concerned, Richard is now out of ICU and is on a neurological ward, he is conscious but not well.

As said he has a fractured skull and trauma to the head, to early to say what real damage has been done, his head is swollen but he has managed to say ‘hello’ to people.

It’s going to be a long recovery for Richard and as I get updates I will post them.

Thank you for your support and best wishes

FLYING BANANA 10th June 2021 17:37

Many thanks for the update. Richard is always in our thoughts. Get well soon mate.

stevestrat 10th June 2021 18:03

First little step in the right direction. Hopefully it'll be steady (if probably slow) progress.

bigd 10th June 2021 18:24

Get well soon Richard our thoughts are with you take care and get well soon

trikey 10th June 2021 19:09

Doesn’t matter how long it takes as long as he recovers, thanks for the update Keith.

WillyHeckaslike 10th June 2021 19:57

A sigh of relief at such good news. Hoping that more of the same will follow.

AndyN01 10th June 2021 20:49

Thanks for the update Keith.

Some positive news which is great to hear.

It'll be a long road but we'll be there to support him every inch of the way.

Gate Keeper 11th June 2021 05:53

It great news Richard is out of danger and out of ICU. Thank you very much for letting us know.

Nige B 11th June 2021 09:51

Great news that hes awake and able to acknowledge his surroundings..It will take time but hopefully a full recovery will follow..All the best Rich

RPWC 11th June 2021 18:50

Thank you

Good evening everyone,

This is Richard's wife, Fiona. I have just managed to log into the club website to try and leave this message as I know that Richard has always very much valued the friendships he has made through the club over the years.

He is now on a neurosurgical ward at the Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle, which has excellent provision. He is conscious, and can shake or nod his head to reply yes or no. He can speak a few words but attempts at anything longer sound like a foreign language. He was much more alert today when I saw him. Up until now he has been extremely tired. A team of different professionals will be working with him towards his recovery, eg physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech and language therapists. We are told it is very early days and his recovery will be long and he may also need to spend time in a rehabilitation centre before coming home but that is way off yet. At the present time, we do not know what the long-term effects will be.

I am blown away by all of your lovely get well messages. They mean a great deal and I shall let him know about them when I visit tomorrow. I am sure he will greatly appreciate your kind thoughts.

Thank you all so very much.

Fiona

trikey 11th June 2021 19:01

Thanks for the update Fiona, we are wishing you guys all the best and hope Rich makes a full recovery, take care.

Andy and Deb x

Saga Lout 11th June 2021 19:25

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2886001)
Good evening everyone,

This is Richard's wife, Fiona. I have just managed to log into the club website to try and leave this message as I know that Richard has always very much valued the friendships he has made through the club over the years.

He is now on a neurosurgical ward at the Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle, which has excellent provision. He is conscious, and can shake or nod his head to reply yes or no. He can speak a few words but attempts at anything longer sound like a foreign language. He was much more alert today when I saw him. Up until now he has been extremely tired. A team of different professionals will be working with him towards his recovery, eg physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech and language therapists. We are told it is very early days and his recovery will be long and he may also need to spend time in a rehabilitation centre before coming home but that is way off yet. At the present time, we do not know what the long-term effects will be.

I am blown away by all of your lovely get well messages. They mean a great deal and I shall let him know about them when I visit tomorrow. I am sure he will greatly appreciate your kind thoughts.

Thank you all so very much.

Fiona

I'm sure that he won't be neglected by his friends here, whatever his needs may be in the coming months and possibly years we will support him and you.

malagas 11th June 2021 19:28

OMG hope there is good news soon. I'm praying for you Richard A lot of courage and strength for family and friends and we look forward to a quick return

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9S através do Tapatalk

bl52krz 11th June 2021 19:50

Hello Fiona. As already said, thank you for updating us with what is perhaps, the first steps on a long journey back to health. I am sure that with everyone wishing him a speedy recovery, it will help yourself to know how much he is thought of on this medium, and I am sure elsewhere. We will all be saying a little prayer for him tonight.

stevestrat 11th June 2021 19:54

I'll add my thanks for the update Fiona. As you can tell Richard is a well liked, well respected member of the club with friends all over the country, all wishing him the best. Consider Richard as a good friend, as well as the car meets etc we used to try to meet if he was up in the Edinburgh area on a coach job.

We're all here for him, you and the rest of the family.

ssizefive 11th June 2021 19:57

Good to hear Richard is taking steps in the right direction.

Steve.

AndyN01 11th June 2021 20:10

Hi Fiona.

I'm one of Rich's new friends - apparently you live a couple of miles from my son who lives by the Lamp.

You might have heard about Quizzie - our golden retriever.

Rich is an incredible guy - but you know that already.

Wish him all the very best from us and Quizzie will be up soon to give him a kiss ;).

All the best, take care of yourselves.

Andy.

PS The eggs are lovely as was the Anniversary cake :D.

WillyHeckaslike 11th June 2021 21:07

Thank you from me too Fiona for taking the time to update us, very much appreciated. :bowdown:

Reebs 12th June 2021 11:09

May I just echo the thanks others have given you Fiona for coming on to the forums and giving us an update. This must be a really stressful time for you both with a lot to take in and deal with, so finding a moment to give us all an update on here is greatly appreciated. Having met Rich several times at club meets and the NEC shows, I know he’s one of life’s good guys and I wish him and you well over the coming months on his road to recovery.

Take care,

Paul.

murphyv310 12th June 2021 11:51

Hi.
I've only just read this news.
May I please pass on my regards to Richard. We spoke many times during my Rover ownership years and afterwards.
I wish him a speedy recovery and Richard you are in mine and Judy's prayers.
Take care buddy.

trikey 12th June 2021 18:46

And as promised, a glass was raised to Richard’s speedy recovery.

Get well soon mate, we are all thinking of you.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d05328aada.jpg

mininuts 12th June 2021 19:29

Oh no, only just seen this.
I’m so shocked to be reading this. Like said, Rich is one of the very best good guys, so sorry for what’s happened.
Always look forward to our chin wags at the Gretna meet. Missed you last year mate :o
We have a lot in common in life, music, cars etc, etc and, for the sake of a week, we are exactly the same age...........maybe that’s why.

Best wishes to you both, Rich and Fiona, and to your family.
Thoughts are with you all.

Goldrover 12th June 2021 21:07

Wishing Rich all the best, been awhile since we chatted, time will be a healer

Dave.

coolcat 13th June 2021 06:22

Thank you so much for the update on Richards progress Fiona.
It’s reassuring to read that he is receiving the best of help in his recovery.

We wish you both all the very best positive thoughts for the future.

alanaslan 14th June 2021 05:09

Fiona My thoughts are with you and yours I did a similar trick nineteen years ago. my head was less serious than Richard though I had taken a large chunk out my spine at L1 and L2 at the time my prognoses was not good.
Thankfully I was managing to make myself understood within a month and was home in a full body brace and my new wheels within sixteen weeks.
I am now in my seventies and manage most days on my sticks. the only clue to my head injury is a stutter that comes when I get tired. I have to confess to getting frustrated when I cant find the word I am looking for but usually manage to bluff over it so it is only me that notices.
I wish Richard a steady return to normality and you the strength to support him through these trying times.
Thinking of you

Alan

Ian G 19th June 2021 14:48

Anyone got news on how Richard is?

mininuts 24th June 2021 16:05

Any more news on how Rich is getting on? :o

kc13661 27th June 2021 06:27

Heard nothing from Fiona, but intend on calling her this week for an update. Will post as soon as we have news.

RPWC 1st July 2021 19:27

Good evening all. This is Richard's wife Fiona, just to give his friends an update on his condition.

He is now walking small distances on the ward, eating proper food and I have taken him outside the hospital during the last few visits so he can enjoy the sunshine. The kids have also been able to see him outside.

He is very motivated to get better, especially since he is desperate to come home for a few days but I don't think that is going to be possible yet. He needs further surgery in about 12 weeks to fit a metal plate to replace the piece of skull that was removed during his first operation. I had thought that it had already been replaced but that was not the case. The swelling has reduced a lot and his head is now very misshapen but the surgery will rectify that, as well as offer more protection to his brain.

His main problem is communication. He is still talking and writing in what seems like a new language, though can sometimes manage a few meaningful sentences. I am not really sure how well he is reading yet. The speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists are working with him. I have told him about all your kind messages and I hope that he will be able to read them in due course.

Thank you all very much for keeping us in your thoughts. It means a great deal to us all.

FLYING BANANA 1st July 2021 19:46

Many thanks for the update Fiona. We are all rooting for his full recovery.

Get well soon mate, we all miss you.

trikey 1st July 2021 20:48

As Bob says Fiona, thanks for letting us all know, keep his spirits up, knowing Richard he will be doing his best to get himself put right.

mininuts 1st July 2021 21:13

Thank you for the update Fiona

Sending you all best wishes.

Ravinder 1st July 2021 23:41

I’m glad he’s improving. We’re all routing for him.

coolcat 2nd July 2021 06:46

Thanks for the update Fiona.

Nice to read that Richard is making good progress with his recovery.

Positive thoughts with you all.

Georgies Dad 2nd July 2021 07:06

Glad to read Richard is on the long road to recovery:bowdown::bowdown:

bl52krz 2nd July 2021 09:40

Thank you for giving us an update. We are all wishing for his recovery. 12 weeks may seem like a long time, but will soon go.

stevestrat 2nd July 2021 09:42

Thank you for the update Fiona. Every step in the right direction, no matter how small, is a good one.

reworht 2nd July 2021 10:10

Positive thoughts from North of the Tees to North of the Tyne.
As others have said, a few short steps for Rich, but moving in the right direction. Best wishes for a continued improvement for Rich and all your family from Rod (reworht).

Organiser 4th July 2021 15:09

Fiona,

I'm not on here very often these days and have only just found out about Richards accident (we normally chat on facebook or the phone).

Please give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery and tell him when we are allowed to come and see him, I will be up to the North East ASAP!

Anything I and all his friends on here can do to help, just let us know.

Best regards to you and the family.

Tom.

RPWC 23rd July 2021 08:29

Update on Richard

Hi all,

This is Richard's wife, Fiona. Thank you for your messages - much appreciated. Just wanted to let all of Richard's friends know that he was transferred to a local rehabilitation centre yesterday where he will be assessed and a plan made to help him in his recovery.

He is really determined to do his best to get better, especially because he is desperate to come home. He has been continuing to walk around when he can but is still having a lot of trouble with communication, which is why he is unable to write this himself. He is speaking fluently but is still speaking in what sounds like a new language with a couple of English sentences and words mixed in. He is writing in a similar way. He does understand things though and I can usually work out what he is talking about. Unfortunately, I am only allowed to visit him for 45 minutes per week at the centre which is tough for all of us but we'll just have to make the most of it.

Hopefully, all his efforts will pay off and he will eventually surprise you all by sending his own message. Thank you all for your support.

bl52krz 23rd July 2021 08:49

Hi Fiona. Thanks for the encouraging update on Rich. It is encouraging to hear he is slowly getting better. Just a similar story. One of my nephews was involved in an accident years ago, and was so badly injured with head trauma, he was packed in ice to slow his metabolism down for seven weeks. He was brought round and obviously ‘out of it’ for quite a while. Could not speak amongst many other things.No memory of the event at all..This was at Birmingham Accident Hospital in the 1960’s. He took his time getting back to normal speech and walking, but the good news is, he made a full recovery in all ways.Hope this gives you some comfort in knowing that better times are round the corner, and with Richards determination, I am sure it will be sooner than later. Best wishes to both of you.

WillyHeckaslike 23rd July 2021 13:15

Thanks for that update Fiona. Been thinking about Richard pretty much everyday but fought shy of asking to avoid pressing anyone at what must be a very distressing and emotional time. Good to hear any good news, one day at a time and little steps. :grouphug:

FLYING BANANA 23rd July 2021 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2892442)
Hi all,

This is Richard's wife, Fiona. Thank you for your messages - much appreciated. Just wanted to let all of Richard's friends know that he was transferred to a local rehabilitation centre yesterday where he will be assessed and a plan made to help him in his recovery.

He is really determined to do his best to get better, especially because he is desperate to come home. He has been continuing to walk around when he can but is still having a lot of trouble with communication, which is why he is unable to write this himself. He is speaking fluently but is still speaking in what sounds like a new language with a couple of English sentences and words mixed in. He is writing in a similar way. He does understand things though and I can usually work out what he is talking about. Unfortunately, I am only allowed to visit him for 45 minutes per week at the centre which is tough for all of us but we'll just have to make the most of it.

Hopefully, all his efforts will pay off and he will eventually surprise you all by sending his own message. Thank you all for your support.

Many thanks for the update Fiona. It must be hard on you and family not being able to spend more time with Richard. But he will get there with the help of the experts and with your, and family, support and love.

Take care.

trikey 23rd July 2021 20:10

He's always spoke his own language :p:

Thanks for the update Fiona, tell Rich he's had enough rest now and he has to get back to it.

take care

GJ53 DGO 23rd July 2021 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2892533)
He's always spoke his own language :p:

Thanks for the update Fiona, tell Rich he's had enough rest now and he has to get back to it.

take care

Sympathetic as always Andy! :duh:
Good to hear he is on the mend however slowly, moving forwards is the important thing. Best wishes from us all.

trikey 23rd July 2021 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJ53 DGO (Post 2892537)
Sympathetic as always Andy! :duh:
Good to hear he is on the mend however slowly, moving forwards is the important thing. Best wishes from us all.

Richard wouldn't have me any other way :D

ssizefive 23rd July 2021 20:37

Good to hear he is still making steady progress, really sad you get to spend so little time with him.
Thank you for keeping us updated.

Steve.

coolcat 25th July 2021 08:24

Just a quick post to say I have just spoken briefly with Richard.

He is making good progress and sounding very positive.
He thanks everyone for all their support and well wishes.

I know Fiona will keep us up to date and I'm sure in the fullness of time Richard will be back posting:}

dave lincs 25th July 2021 08:31

That's great news let's hope Richard makes a full recovery

mininuts 25th July 2021 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2892753)
Just a quick post to say I have just spoken briefly with Richard.

He is making good progress and sounding very positive.
He thanks everyone for all their support and well wishes.

I know Fiona will keep us up to date and I'm sure in the fullness of time Richard will be back posting:}

Oh, that’s so good to hear.
Thank you to you and Fiona for the updates. Always think of Rich around this time as we are exactly the same age, bar one week, so we always wished each other a happy birthday.

Here’s to a full recovery Rich.
Best wishes sent to you and your family mate.

FLYING BANANA 28th July 2021 07:29

Phone call from Richard

I had a video call from Richard this morning. He seems to have got his speech back reasonable ok. His typing is something else but at least he is responding to treatment ok. This afternoon he is going for a bike ride, fixed to the floor type of bike. This is to check out his balance amongst other things. Plus to help getting those muscles working again.

He misses working but most of all he is missing Fiona and the kids. He is being allowed home soon but only for one day to see how he is able to cope with being in a house.

He is hoping to post up on the forum over the coming weekend. We had to break off our chat as his breakfast had arrived.

dave lincs 28th July 2021 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2893221)
I had a video call from Richard this morning. He seems to have got his speech back reasonable ok. His typing is something else but at least he is responding to treatment ok. This afternoon he is going for a bike ride, fixed to the floor type of bike. This is to check out his balance amongst other things. Plus to help getting those muscles working again.

He misses working but most of all he is missing Fiona and the kids. He is being allowed home soon but only for one day to see how he is able to cope with being in a house.

He is hoping to post up on the forum over the coming weekend. We had to break off our chat as his breakfast had arrived.

Thats great news that Richard is on the way to recovery

Organiser 28th July 2021 15:02

Happy Birthday.

Good to hear Rich is getting better!

It's his Birthday today so Best Wishes for today and get well soon.

All the best mate. :birthday:

Tom.

mininuts 28th July 2021 15:26

Great news :}
Thanks for the update Bob..

WillyHeckaslike 28th July 2021 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2893221)
His typing is something else but at least he is responding to treatment ok.

Is typin wos bad efore. A birus was spred via porn sights, misiss lettuce and jumbles wurds.

:smilie_re: Lookily, I do knot doo pawn. :angel:

Organiser 29th July 2021 13:20

Phone call from Richard this morning.

Hi All,

Richard phoned me this morning and sounded well and asked me to thank you all for the good wishes messages that you have sent to him.

It is going to take time for him to recover from this fall and further treatment is required down the line when he is stronger!

So once again Many thanks to all his friends on here and lets hope all goes well in the future for him and the family.

Many thanks.

Tom.

RPWC 31st July 2021 12:25

Hi all,

This is Richard's wife, Fiona. Richard has been allowed home from the rehabilitation centre for the day and has been reading through all of your messages. He is delighted to be home even if it is for a short time.

He has asked me to say thank you very much to kc13661 for starting this thread and to everyone for all of your lovely messages of support. He looks forward to being able to send his own messages once he can manage it. In the meantime, he is still working hard at his recovery.

Very best wishes, Fiona

FLYING BANANA 31st July 2021 13:15

Many thanks for the update Fiona. Richard has phoned me a couple of times and he sounds as if he is getting his old self back to normal.

Get well soon mate.

kc13661 1st August 2021 09:28

Just had a lengthy conversation with Richard, great to hear his voice and his positive outlook.
Yes it will be a while before he is back to his full self, but he’s moving in the right direction.
As Fiona has said, Richard is having home visits, but still needs a further operation to install a metal plate onto his skull as they had to cut part of his skull away when his brain was swelling.

Richard is talking and coherent, but some words are not in context with the conversation, but this is to be expected, all goes right and with the right help and support he should improve.

dave lincs 1st August 2021 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc13661 (Post 2893797)
Just had a lengthy convert with Richard, great to hear his voice and his positive outlook.
Yes it will be a while before he is back to his full self, but he’s moving in the right direction.

That is great news lets hope Richard makes a full recovery :}

2Diesels 1st August 2021 18:52

Just heard about Richard’s terrible accident from Johnny at Bells Coaches. What a shock.

Rich, just take your time & get well mate.
Take care
Col

mininuts 1st August 2021 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc13661 (Post 2893797)
Just had a lengthy conversation with Richard, great to hear his voice and his positive outlook.
As Fiona has said, Richard is having home visits, but still needs a further operation to install a metal plate onto his skull as they had to cut part of his skull away when his brain was swelling.

Richard is talking and coherent, but some words are not in context with the conversation, but this is to be expected, all goes right and with the right help and support he should improve.

That’s good to hear. Thanks for the update :bowdown:

Best wishes to Rich and his family.

Alikris 2nd August 2021 15:18

Not logged in for ages, just seen this thread. I'm so sorry Rich for all the bad luck you've been having, and now this accident :( Glad to hear you're on the mend though, even if it'll be a long slow slog.

Take care, and best wishes,

Ali xx

J1MBO 8th August 2021 10:48

Not logged on for ages, I'm so sorry to learn about Rich's accident, really so pleased to hear that he is responding and getting better.

Keep improving Rich, we're all routing for you.

Best wishes
Jim

AndyN01 8th August 2021 11:04

Had a half hour chat with Rich this morning.

He's perfectly able to chat with just the odd few words that are not in context, which is good news.

He's also aware of what's happening and can remember stuff that happened before the accident which is also good news.

Sounds like he's being well looked after and well supported by the professionals involved. He was chatting about a huge number of folks wishing him well from people like us in this Club to those who know him from his work and other communities that he's been involved with.

He obviously gets tired quite quickly and has the odd low day but all in all he's positive and looking forward to being allowed home for longer and longer periods of time.

Gave him our love and a big kiss from Quizzie :}.

MSS 7th September 2021 08:25

Just come across this terrible news. Richard is a real gentleman and my best wishes for a full recovery.

AndyN01 19th September 2021 19:43

Hi all.

Here's an update from a call I had from Rich today.

He's definitely more "correct" with his words and quite well aware of how he's progressing and the sort of timescale for how the future should unfold.

The first big change is hopefully around mid October when he'll be spending more time at home and less in the Rehab Unit.

Then around the New Year they'll be able to see how all the stuff that's been going on has worked and he's hoping to be looking at easing back into work about 6 months after that.

As always, time will tell, but he's certainly on the mend and now sounds very much like the "old" Rich as he's chatting away.

Fingers crossed for him and it looks like we're on for a cuppa at The Lamp before Christmas. ;)

Take care.

FLYING BANANA 19th September 2021 20:13

Many thanks for the update.

trikey 19th September 2021 20:15

Great news Andy, thanks for the update.

MSS 19th September 2021 22:45

Thanks for the update. Great news.

DRWMGTF 22nd February 2022 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyN01 (Post 2900281)
Hi all.

Here's an update from a call I had from Rich today.

He's definitely more "correct" with his words and quite well aware of how he's progressing and the sort of timescale for how the future should unfold.

The first big change is hopefully around mid October when he'll be spending more time at home and less in the Rehab Unit.

Then around the New Year they'll be able to see how all the stuff that's been going on has worked and he's hoping to be looking at easing back into work about 6 months after that.

As always, time will tell, but he's certainly on the mend and now sounds very much like the "old" Rich as he's chatting away.

Fingers crossed for him and it looks like we're on for a cuppa at The Lamp before Christmas. ;)

Take care.

Morning,
Any update on Rich?
Regards David

Gate Keeper 22nd February 2022 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRWMGTF (Post 2921493)
Morning,
Any update on Rich?
Regards David

Thank you for asking.

Richard visited the chill out lounge a couple of days ago to report on himself. His sense of taste has not yet returned and he is waiting for another procedure on his head, a plate. Although he has lost his taste, he hasn’t lost his sense of humour despite what he has been through and what he is having to endure. During my last visit to the UK, I was able to speak with him on the phone and he came over rather well, his speech was easy to understand. The thing with serious head injuries, they are all different in recovery and rehabilitation, anything to do with the nervous system, the nerve pathways is going to take time and down to the specialists looking after him.

coolcat 22nd February 2022 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRWMGTF (Post 2921493)
Morning,
Any update on Rich?
Regards David

Hi Dave,

Richard is back posting on here.
If you pop over to the Chill out Zone in the social section you can always drop a post to him :)

Dallas 24th February 2022 20:52

That is great news :}

... so how many nurses do we now have on call in the Chill out Zone? :eek: :D

FLYING BANANA 24th February 2022 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2921944)
That is great news :}

... so how many nurses do we now have on call in the Chill out Zone? :eek: :D

Loads, some wear those mini……………..

How you keeping Wes?

Dallas 24th February 2022 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2921949)
Loads, some wear those mini……………..

How you keeping Wes?

Its been a roller coaster ride Bob, but I'm still hanging in there. I'm currently waiting for surgery number 3, I'm gonna need one of those nurses you mentioned. :D

How are you Bob, and what has everyone been upto?