The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   In memorium. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=137487)

FLYER 14th February 2013 20:21

In memorium.

It is with great sadness that i announce the passing of Mr Thomas LEEK [rotrex]

Tam passed away this evening .

God speed my good friend .

Thomas 14th February 2013 20:22

Im really sorry to read this, on behalf of the club team my sincere condolences to all his relatives and friends

Canonite 14th February 2013 20:22

This is sad news indeed.
My thoughts are with his family and friends :(

Parker 14th February 2013 20:24

Never an easy time, thoughts with all who loved him.

TR75 14th February 2013 20:24

Another devastating loss to the club. Very sad news indeed. Thoughts with his family and friends.

Steve916 14th February 2013 20:26

Sorry to hear this George.
My thoughts go out to his family.
Sad news indeed.

MrDoodles 14th February 2013 20:27

Sorry to hear this George! :(

Please accept my heartfelt condolences and pass them onto his family! :(

Mark2000cc 14th February 2013 20:27

On behalf of me and my wife,our thoughts are with tams family at this truly sad time.RIP Tam.

seancar 14th February 2013 20:27

george i am totally and utterly gutted, lost for words. tam will be missed by as all. please send all the family my best wishes and i am thinking about them. if there is anything we can do to help at all in anyway. please get in contact with myself or pete

VVC-Geeza 14th February 2013 20:27

The sad of news I was fearing,RIP Tam.

mccano 14th February 2013 20:28

Very sad news indeed. My deepest condolences to Family and Friends.

Luciano

shiner 14th February 2013 20:28

Sorry to hear of tams passing
Thoughts are with his family .

suzublu 14th February 2013 20:31

Oh no George,i didn't get the chance to see him :(:(,so,so sad now God rest Tam

sworks 14th February 2013 20:31

Saddened to read this, my thoughts are with his family

pab 14th February 2013 20:31

Absolutely shocked..My condolences to the family.

Ian G 14th February 2013 20:33

We are so very sorry to hear of Tams passing.
Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time..
Ian and Jan

beejay 14th February 2013 20:34

So sorry to hear of this sad news, deepest sympathies to the family. RIP Tam

coolcat 14th February 2013 20:34

This is such sad news and our thoughts go out to his family.
Rest in peace Tam and God Bless.

marinabrian 14th February 2013 20:35

Oh no George :( give Janice a big hug from me.
His pain is no more, but the world is most certainly a poorer place without Tam in it.
R.I.P my friend
Brian

suffolk boy 14th February 2013 20:35

sad news indeed rest in peace kind sir

Petetourer 14th February 2013 20:40

A sad sad day!!!!

Really don't know what to say.... :(

RIP Tam.... My thoughts go out to your family at this difficult time....

Hope they have a 75 and a ZT waiting for you up there ;)

I am a long distance away, but if there is anything I can do to help then feel free to contact me.

Many thanks for your updates George. This is the one that nine if us wanted to see... :(

Dragrad 14th February 2013 20:40

My deepest condolances go out to his family and friends.

He will be sadly missed.

taxi-dermist 14th February 2013 20:41

Such sad news. Prayers will be said tonight. R.I.P

Reebs 14th February 2013 20:43

I'm so sorry to hear this news, we had all been hoping against hope that he would find the strength to rally, but now Tam can finally rest. He was a legend within the club, helping many many people, and I feel privileged to have met him just five short months ago.

My condolences to his family my thoughts are with them. Rest In Peace Mr. Rotrex sir.

Trophy Blue Tourer 14th February 2013 20:43

Very sad news!

A Gentleman to deal with and he will be sorley missed here!!

My thoughts go to his family!!

RIP Tam!

Andy

AdyB 14th February 2013 20:44

Deepest sympathies to family and friends RIP Tam.

Cheers
Adrian

Dominic22 14th February 2013 20:45

Just awful, I am glad his suffering is over but it is all too quick and he was too young.

rich17865 14th February 2013 20:45

My thoughts are with Tam's friends and family, a very sad loss, rest in peace Tam.

sikelsh 14th February 2013 20:48

So sorry to read this, such sad news.

Leyland Worldmaster 14th February 2013 20:49

RIP Tam. My sincere condolences to friends and family.

3disco 14th February 2013 20:49

So sorry to hear this my thoughts and prayers are with family and friends.

munroman 14th February 2013 20:49

R.I.P Tam, and sympathy to Tam's family.

lexey5900 14th February 2013 20:51

rip

gone but never forgotten

RPWC 14th February 2013 20:52

Words fail me , I am gutted to hear this my sincere condolences to the family.
Tam ,it has been a pleasure to know you,rest in peace my friend.

johnandchris 14th February 2013 20:54

I am fairly new to the forum and didnt kniw Tam but it seems he was a very well respected man. Rest in peace.

ziggy72 14th February 2013 20:55

R.I.P Tam. our thoughts are with your family and friends at this very sad time. you'll be sadly missed on the forum.

Fusilier 14th February 2013 21:01

George

Please pass on my condolences to his family, Tam was such a wonderful person, and he will be truely missed by all.

Stuart

Phil 14th February 2013 21:02

That is awful news. Rest in peace Tam. Please pass my best wishes onto his family George, we are all thinking of them.

What a lovely guy, he will be sorely missed for sure.

J1MBO 14th February 2013 21:03

Me and Jean are so sorry to hear of his passing.

It was a pleasure to have known such a gentleman as Tam.

Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this very sad time.

pete66 14th February 2013 21:05

So sorry to hear this news Tam you will be missed by everyone but more so by your family and close friends my thoughts are with your family at the sad and painful time R.I.P Tam :(

vindaloo 14th February 2013 21:10

I am so upset to hear this devastating news. It was a pleasure to have met Tam who was a true gent and he will be missed by everyone who knew him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this saddest of times.

wullie480 14th February 2013 21:12

RIP Sir Tam

Deeply saddened by this news tonight.

Thoughts & best wishes to his family.

RIP Tam.

mininuts 14th February 2013 21:13

Sad news indeed.

Our thoughts and condolences go out to Tams family and friends.

R.I.P.

Tam 14th February 2013 21:14

Cannot believe this has happened to one of the genuine good guys!! Never got a chance to repay his kindness after he sent me parts free of charge just to help me out. My thoughts are with his family and for sure they can be proud of the man that Tam was. Gods speed Tam.

Jay 14th February 2013 21:20

R.i.p

So sorry to hear this news George:(. Tam sounds like the type of guy I would of loved to have met. My prayers are with his family and those close to him. God Bless.

BIG LEK 14th February 2013 21:20

I am really sad to hear of the passing Tam, although I never met him we had spoken via pm many a time, and he was a very nice person, R.I.P Tam, condolences to his family and friends,

Bolin 14th February 2013 21:23

Please pass my sincere condolences to Tam's family. I never met him but I can see the great respect that he has in this club from those who did know him.

Snagger 14th February 2013 21:26

Condolences to family and friends at this difficult time, RIP Tam.

Snagger.

thomas 75 connie 14th February 2013 21:28

RIP Tam you were a great asset to this forum and a great human being as well Rest well

derekosb 14th February 2013 21:31

I am so saddened by this news. I had hoped your recent announcement had not meant what I feared.

God rest your soul Tam. you were one of life's gentlemen and I'm glad I had the pleasure of knowing you for a while.

My condolences to your family may you rest in peace.

Derek

lady zed 14th February 2013 21:33

Oh George, I'm so sad to read this not unexpected post. Although taken far too soon I'm glad God decided to move swiftly and not allow Tam and his family to suffer any longer. Although his parting will be devastating to them, they will have some comfort thta he's at peace now ans suffering is over. RIP Tam you made the world a better place x

bl52krz 14th February 2013 21:34

Sorry to hear the news about TAM. I never met you Tam, but read many of your post's on here. What can be said at a time like this? My condolances to his family, and i am sure he will be missed by all who knew him.

EDDYW 14th February 2013 21:34

Sad news indeed, Tam will be a big miss to the club and to the community in general.
At a time like this our motoring problems pale to insignificance compared to the heartache the family are going thro.
God bless Tam, Love and strength to your family.

FLYER 14th February 2013 21:38

Thank you all for your thoughts .

I just want to send my thoughts to Janice Tams partner and his daughter Sophie and most of all to his wee boy wee TAM who is only eleven and i have no idea how he feels tonight but my heart goes out to him.

I also want to mention Tams very good friends BRIAN [mastiff2] and COSSIE DUNC [duncan] who have known tam for many many years and know what they have lost this day.

My wife and i and our daughter Kirsty are heartbroken as we have lost a friend of real genuine quality who enriched our lives .

Goodnight TAM.

Sleep tight mate.

Ros3 14th February 2013 21:43

Well it happens to the best off us, Dont know what i could add to the previous post's.. Other than best wishe's to his family..

handyjackdaniels 14th February 2013 21:43

This is sad, was hoping and praying Tam would get well.

Like it has been said already, he is at peace.
Condolencies to his family.

R.I.P. Tam.

Steve.

lady zed 14th February 2013 21:45

Not ashamed to say I'm sat here crying. his family will be in my prayers tonight.

Brabus 14th February 2013 21:46

Very sad news.My thoughts are with his family and friends.

FLYING BANANA 14th February 2013 21:47

God Bless.

suffolk boy 14th February 2013 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 1222585)
Not ashamed to say I'm sat here crying. his family will be in my prayers tonight.

same here. i can imagine what they are going tho been there myself.heartbreaking god bless them all

FLYER 14th February 2013 21:55

Quote:

You are not alone anna .

coolcat 14th February 2013 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 1222602)
You are not alone anna .

Agreed, no shame and a mark of how loved and missed Tam is and will be.

Tim_Burgess 14th February 2013 22:06

Elsa and I are so deeply saddened by this news. Our deepest condolences to Tam's family. Our thoughts are with them at this very sad time.

Tam was a one-off, a true gentleman and someone who you warmed to from the first moment you met him. He will be truly missed by us. May he rest in peace.

Nobby09 14th February 2013 22:06

Very sad news. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Brigus 14th February 2013 22:07

Very sad to hear of this.
My condolences to his family.
RIP Tam.

Scott

Bluejon 14th February 2013 22:10

Sincere condolences;

Please pass on our very sincere condolences to Tam's Family at this very sad time.We are in shock & can't quite believe this has happened to one of life's good Guy's.

God be with you Dear Friend.

With Deepest Sympathy.

John & Jan Atkinson.

RPWC 14th February 2013 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Burgess (Post 1222619)

Tam was a one-off, a true gentleman and someone who you warmed to from the first moment you met him. He will be truly missed by us. May he rest in peace.

You can certainly say that again,totally agree.

Departed 32016 14th February 2013 22:14

An honour to meet the man a true legend.

tony_fry 14th February 2013 22:15

I am so sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with his family.

Tim_Burgess 14th February 2013 22:15

Quote:

Same here Anna. No shame in mourning the loss of one of the good guys.

Talago 14th February 2013 22:24

Very sad news indeed. My sincere condolences to his partner, daughter and wee son and all his friends.
RIP.

cossie dunc 14th February 2013 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 1222575)
Thank you all for your thoughts .

I just want to send my thoughts to Janice Tams partner and his daughter Sophie and most of all to his wee boy wee TAM who is only eleven and i have no idea how he feels tonight but my heart goes out to him.

I also want to mention Tams very good friends BRIAN [mastiff2] and COSSIE DUNC [duncan] who have known tam for many many years and know what they have lost this day.

My wife and i and our daughter Kirsty are heartbroken as we have lost a friend of real genuine quality who enriched our lives .

Goodnight TAM.

Sleep tight mate.

George on behalf of all tams family,friends and the man himself. I'd like to thank you for everything you have done on here in recent weeks I know it's been very much appreciated. Tam considered you a dear friend......thanks mate:bowdown:

The one thing tam asked me to do was to make sure his life was celebrated so I ask you all to think of the happy times with tam and raise a little smile.

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN SIR TAM OF SHOTTS............RIP mate

MASTIFF2 14th February 2013 22:24

Re in memoriam

Quote:

I think there are many who feel the same tonight, for myself I'm gutted, I knew Tam for the best part of 30 years and a more genuine helpful person
I've never met, what you saw was what you got. I saw Tam on Sunday with Tim and I didn't for a minute think it would be for the last time.

I'm going to miss you mate

Brian

Simondi 14th February 2013 22:25

Oh dear, I am so, so sorry. Such sad news. Tams family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I only met Tam on a few occasions but always found him to be a really decent bloke.

Rest in peace Tam. God Bless

1977andrew 14th February 2013 22:37

Goodnight tam thank you so much for sharing your vast knowledge with us all. You will be sorely missed. Thoughts and prayers go out to tams family and friends at this sad time. R.i.p big tam x

guru 14th February 2013 22:39

I'm really very sad to hear this, my thoughts are with his family.

When I bought my car from him we had a laugh about the fact it's got little Scottish badges on the front wings where the UK flags normally are. I said that they'd have to come off but Tam was quite insistent that they should stay to remind me of where the car came from!

As a mark of respect my car will continue to wear it's Scottish flags with pride and I'll always be reminded of my trip to see Tam whenever I look at them.

RIP Tam

James.uk 14th February 2013 22:44

Sad news indeed, like so many others I was hoping he would recover...

I can only add my own condolences to his family and close friends.. RIP Tam..

stevestrat 14th February 2013 23:10

Been out since early afternoon, stunned to see this. George, please pass on our sincere condolences to his family.

Meths 14th February 2013 23:13

Shocked to hear this.

Genuine great guy which I had the pleasure to meet.

My prayers are with his family. Must be particularly difficult for them at this time.

crofts 15th February 2013 01:15

Tam

Every day when scrolling past George's original post I had hopes that Tam's condition was improving and we would get some good news. So sorry to hear this now George and wish to join all those other members asking you to please pass on our sincere condolences.

Gate Keeper 15th February 2013 01:16

Tam was a man of integrity who stood by honesty and fair play. He had a certain wit which could turn the slightest thing into something very humerous. Lets remember the good times just as Tam would have wanted. He was a very brave man who never complained and looking back he always wanted the best for this club. I had the good fortune to meet him. He was taken away from us far too soon and in the end he did not stand a chance. Tam you are now at peace my friend. My thoughts and condolences go out to his partner, his lad, his family and to the closest of his friends here. It is a shock and it is sad.

George, Brian and Duncan what can you tell us of his life in celebration of his memory?

Phil

Wolves 75 15th February 2013 03:04

RIP Tam, god bless to your loved ones.....

trikey 15th February 2013 03:34

George, I know words will not be of much help, please pass on my condolences to Tam's family, RIP Tam..

Andy.

Robson Rover Repair 15th February 2013 04:26

Sad news to hear of any member passing on :(

Duotone 15th February 2013 05:00

Very sad news, deepest condolences to Tam's family.

Dave T

dattrike 15th February 2013 05:07

Sad news, I never met Tam but have read much about him,
a true and honest man, my condolences to his many friends
and family. Rest In Peace Sir Tam.

stocktake 15th February 2013 05:33

Nothing anyone can say that will ease the pain of those left behind. Many of us have been there. It is perhaps a blessing that Tam didn't suffer for too long, but the shock to friends and family will live with them for a long time.

R.I.P. Tam, a top, top man...

Dave & Marina

robwijnstok 15th February 2013 05:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 1222791)
Nothing anyone can say that will ease the pain of those left behind. Many of us have been there. It is perhaps a blessing that Tam didn't suffer for too long. but the shock to friends and family will live with them for a long time.

R.I.P. Tam, a top top man...

Dave & Marina

I agree with the above, spot on.

My condolences to the family and special to George/Flyer. It must have been hard with every update to write about the comming loss of a friend.

stevesav 15th February 2013 06:06

Very sad news indeed:(:(.

Alan_G 15th February 2013 07:02

I am deeply saddened to hear this. A wonderful man who I met on a few occasions, with a wonderful humour and a great love for our cars.

I send my deepest condolences to Tams family and my prayers will be with them. May the man himself rest in peace.

You will be missed :(

maxtherotti 15th February 2013 07:04

I can only repeat the comments above
R.I.P Tam

Rob

Becs512 15th February 2013 07:08

Always upsetting when I hear of a member passing over...RIP Tam

reworht 15th February 2013 07:21

So sad to hear this news this morning - I can think of nothing to say which has not already been said. It is obvious from all the postings on here that Tam was held in the highest regard as a Forum member, guru and above all else, a family man and good friend to many people. Please give my deepest condolences to his loved ones.

madone 15th February 2013 08:08

A sad loss to many people on here and he's family.

RIP Tam

greendriver 15th February 2013 08:43

Can I echo the sentiments of all here and pass my condolences to Tam's family at this sad time.

egremont 15th February 2013 08:49

With Sympathy on the sad news of Tam’s passing.

I am saddened to hear this news.
Of course, I never had the opportunity to meet Tam in person.
But I was always appreciative of his genuine assistance and advice.
How fortunate are those members who shared his camaraderie and friendship, and will cherish the memories of those happier times shared together.

Vale Tam

Neil Coupland 15th February 2013 08:58

I never had the pleasure of meeting Tam, but the comments here show just how much he was loved and respected. It is always sad when someone goes, but even more so when it is one of the good guys.
My condolences to all his friends and family.

MangoMan 15th February 2013 09:19

This is truly shockingly sad news to read!

Thoughts and Prayers go out to Family & Friends..... I am truly sorry for your loss - may God rest his soul and bring comfort to yours.

Gone but not forgotten.

Rest in Peace Tam.

cotton 15th February 2013 09:23

Tam r.i.p.

My deepest condolences to Tam's family and friends at this sad time.
Everybody was better off for knowing Tam,he was a true Gent and will be greatly missed.

Yella Fella 15th February 2013 09:28

Sleep in peace Tam.

FLYER 15th February 2013 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1222754)
Tam was a man of integrity who stood by honesty and fair play. He had a certain wit which could turn the slightest thing into something very humerous. Lets remember the good times just as Tam would have wanted. He was a very brave man who never complained and looking back he always wanted the best for this club. I had the good fortune to meet him. He was taken away from us far too soon and in the end he did not stand a chance. Tam you are now at peace my friend. My thoughts and condolences go out to his partner, his lad, his family and to the closest of his friends here. It is a shock and it is sad.

George, Brian and Duncan what can you tell us of his life in celebration of his memory?

Phil

Such a lovely post phil.

it has prompted me to recall my fondest memories of the man i named Sir Tam of SHOTTS.
Tam and i were originally members of ORG and spoke through PM and on the phone and of course in our social room on ORG called the highjackers, TAM was always late to the room as he was a confirmed night owl .
One evening around 8 i recieved a call from tam saying it was time faces were put to names and we would meet for a chinwag [loved his chinwags did tam],

I met him in a lay-by near my house in coalburn and to say he was nowt like i imagined is an understatement , here was a small in stature baldy wee man smoking a roll up .

It was a cold night so we went back to my place where i had a coalfire roaring away and we could sit in comfort .
it was on this first meeting that i found a man with an infectious grin and smile and a dry wit allied with a down to earth outlook and i straight away not only liked him but felt i had always known him.

Now TAM drank coffee [no sugar no milk !! yeuk!!] i didnt have instant only fresh ground so i offered him that but told him it might be too strong for him !! " Let me try it he said" .
By half two in the morning and about 6 of these triple espresso,s tam set off for home but never got there .

he was so hyper with the coffee he just drove around for 4 hours blasting out his music and covering mile after mile .

He was awake for all of the next day and cursed me up and down but in his usual funny way.

so that was it , i had met tam and it was to be what i hoped a friendship for life , we shared a love of 75/zts , we attended countless meets including a national , we met up monthly at the famous HAWES INN meets .

He attended our wedding looking for all the world like PHIL MITCHELL from eastenders :D.

Tam was a one off unique human being , he told it like it was , he helped if he could , he was as hard as nails yet soft as a teddy bear , he held people in the palm of his hand with his stories and laughter and there aint enough room in this thread for the stories i could relate to you .

Brek 15th February 2013 10:43

Sad News, condolences to his family.

windrush 15th February 2013 10:50

Very sad news indeed George he will be sadly missed by members of this club, please pass on Lilian and my sincere condolence to tams family and friends

RIP TAM

cossie dunc 15th February 2013 10:51

George, a brilliant memory. That was the thing with tam I would pop out for a cup of tea and a wee chat and 8 hours later we would have solved all the worlds issues and dreamed up some new projects for us to do in the summer:D:D

Ill never forget the first time I met him, back in the olden days tam was a French car breaker so anything Peugeot/Citroen tam was the man. I popped into his yard to collect some parts I'd pre arranged to collect.

The price was 50 quid I only had a 100 pound note. I handed it to him and said sorry I've not got anything smaller you'll need to give me 50 back. He smiled at me and took the note and ripped it in half then handed me one Half and walked off.......................we laughed about that for years:D

Plezier 15th February 2013 10:55

Oh damnation ............................... that has just totally spoilt my day.

Although I never met nor spoke to him I have dealt with Tam via Pm for some bits and to say he was most helpful in a gross understatement.

I can only think now at least he is no longer suffering. The void he leaves will be impossible to fill especially to those who knew him.

My best wishes go to his family. one cannot even begin to grasp how theya re feeling now.

..... 15th February 2013 11:43

Very sad news. My thoughts are with his family.

Radioguy 15th February 2013 11:53

I too crossed paths with Tam, albeit not face to face, his level of integrity and thoughtfulness seemed second to none. He did what he said and promised only the promises that he could keep. the others he told it like it was. A rare breed and irreplaceable I am sure. My and my families deepest condolences and may you be at everlasting peace Tam.

Jay 15th February 2013 12:01

Thanks George and Duncan for sharing those memories. It put a smile on my face and a bit of a giggle, on otherwise a sad day. As mentioned by George, I am sure he would be happy to bring a smile looking down on us at a sad time....

rizel23 15th February 2013 12:01

So sad to read, i did not know he was unwell. RIP

MGStephen 15th February 2013 12:18

Really sorry to hear this news too. Iv met Tam a few times and he is a true gent. :(

Rest in peace mate

Stephen

championdaddy 15th February 2013 12:29

R.I.P. Rotrex.

lady zed 15th February 2013 12:30

George - Let us know the funeral arrangements when the family have them. It would be nice to have a small convoy of 75's/ZT's to see him off.

ianinfrance 15th February 2013 12:36

Just a short note to record my sincere condolences to all who knew him. I have memories of reading his posts on the other forum but knew him little.
I would like to be included with those who have expressed their sympathies to his family and friends.

Rest in Peace sir.

Longbridge Loony 15th February 2013 13:07

R.I.P Rotrex and may God be with your family and friends at this sad time.

CFR Cowen 15th February 2013 13:31

I met Tam once. He stopped by my house to collect a set of wheels that he was going to drop off to someone on his travels. He was a really nice guy with a knowledge and enthusiasm for these cars like I've never seen before. He was all over mine checking out every aspect of it and then was kind enough to let me have a quick look over his ZT. He really knew his stuff and would help anyone in any way he could. We swapped numbers and I called him once more (as he had implored me to do if I was ever stuck) asking for a bit of advice which he was only too happy to give. It worked and I was very grateful.

A top man and as many have said before, far too young to be taken from us. I wasn't going to post on this thread, I was going to just remain anonymous and remember a nice man who once helped me just because he could, in my own way. But, I suppose all these wee stories and anecdotes will form new memories for those who knew him and give some idea to those who never had the privilege, of what he was like.

A top man. Rest In Peace, Tam.

Cheers
John

tambour 15th February 2013 13:50

Sad news. Send our condolences to his family.

Villa Villan 15th February 2013 14:03

God Bless.

BarryH 15th February 2013 14:54

Sad news,my respects to his family.
I never met Tam but had bought things from him and had spoken to him on the phone.

MASTIFF2 15th February 2013 15:06

Re In memoriam

Quote:

Originally Posted by cossie dunc (Post 1222995)
George, a brilliant memory. That was the thing with tam I would pop out for a cup of tea and a wee chat and 8 hours later we would have solved all the worlds issues and dreamed up some new projects for us to do in the summer:D:D

Ill never forget the first time I met him, back in the olden days tam was a French car breaker so anything Peugeot/Citroen tam was the man. I popped into his yard to collect some parts I'd pre arranged to collect.

The price was 50 quid I only had a 100 pound note. I handed it to him and said sorry I've not got anything smaller you'll need to give me 50 back. He smiled at me and took the note and ripped it in half then handed me one Half and walked off.......................we laughed about that for years:D

Dunc he did that to so many people over the years since then, I've watched many a jaw drop when handed half a note (from a pound upwards!)

Hard to believe but when I met Tam he had very little interest in cars, we were both into bikes ,Short, chubby (he had spikey hair then !) but God
he could ride a bike. Tam being Tam he had to know the ins and outs of all things mechanical on every bike he had, he was never to pround to ask somebody if he didn't know how something worked, but thereafter you could guarantee he could tell you EVERYTHING about whatever it was.and it wasn't the Harley Davidson type bikes, Oh no not for Tam,Tam loved speed (as anyone trying to follow his ZT to the Hawes will tell you). It was the biggest Japanese 1100cc tuned to destruction monster you could find, ( Tam those are racing slicks and you're on the road, "aye but if you don't stop nobody notices, the're only £20 from the racing guys and the're really sticky !") . We barrelled around the North of Scotland regularly destroying tyres over a weekend ("once you pass Crainlarich open the throttle full, put a clothes peg on it and try and keep up! ") . I can remember stopping for Fuel after following Tam for two hours of madness and our hands shaking so much with adrenaline that we couldnt get the fuel nozzles into the petrol tanks, followed by much giggling and hilarity while sat at the end of Loch Ness watching the sun go down.

Some of the best days of my life.

I bought my Rover Tourer from him (amongst countless other cars and bikes because you always knew you would get a good one) and he led me to this forum. When he moved to Rovers he did it like everything else he did, find out everything and make it the best it can be then tell anyone else who wants to know how to do the same.

The world is a poorer place without him

Brian

ChuffinEck 15th February 2013 15:18

I only chatted to Tam the one time, but I will never forget the man's enthuisiasm and knowledge of our car's, and his enthuisiasm was infective, I hope those who have suggested a "guard" of 75's and ZT's are able to do this, if his family are agreeable, my thoughts go to them at this sad time, Farewell Tam.

soapy 15th February 2013 15:50

Oh no truly shocked had dealt with Tam and found him a very nice bloke, deepest sympathy to his family at this time.

greendriver 15th February 2013 15:53

Isn't it strange & a little sad that, if you don't know someone personally, you often only get to hear the best of them after they're gone.

I feel I've missed out by not knowing Tam personally...

Thanks to you guys, more people will now understand the high regard this gentleman was held in, and the reasons for same.

R.I.P. Tam

sma 15th February 2013 15:55

just the saddest news had the pleasure of being in tams company a few months ago a ten minute visit to pick up parts turned into 2 hour tutorial from tam on our great cars-!! rest in peace god speed -

dotsie 15th February 2013 16:26

Very sad news,RIP Tam.

Arctic 15th February 2013 16:37

Very Sad Time (RIP Tam/Rotrex)

Truly sad i only met Tam once with my wife and we had a great chat about the R75 MG ZT's over a couple of coffee's RIP and god be with you Thomas. Steve & Gail.

Loverlees74 15th February 2013 16:41

This is really bad news, sorry to hear this.. My condolences go the family..Rest in Peace.. You will be missed by all

FrazzleTC 15th February 2013 17:08

My most sincere condolences to Tam's family.
I met Tam at a few meets, and he was never anything other than friendly and welcoming with a terrific sense of humour. His knowledge of the ins and outs of the cars was phenomenal, and he'll be sorely missed.
Rest in peace, Tam.

Zircon 15th February 2013 17:16

How dreadfully shocking and sad for Tam's family and all his friends who knew him personally.

While I never had that pleasure, I do hope that the lovely things that have been said about him here will give you some comfort.

It does help reflect that this is a club of genuinely kindly and helpful people.

With warm condolences to Tam's family,

Nicholas/Zircon

FLYER 15th February 2013 17:21

Just had to get out.

Hello everyone .

I had to go out today as i felt the walls closing in on me .

Rest assured everyone who has PMd me or posted here that i will keep you all up to date with the funeral arrangements as soon as i know them .

Those of you who can or want to attend will no doubt be very welcome .

As you can imagine Janice has a lot to do over these next few days and i hope she has the strength to do it.

Brian[mastiff 2] and my wife and myself hope to be able to visit Janice on sunday if that is okay with her .

Once again thanks for your wonderful tributes .

Roy&Rosebud 15th February 2013 17:35

We never met Tam, but know that he was very much loved by

the members . Our prayers and thoughts are with his family

and friends at at this very sad time.

God bless you Tam.

As you know, ever the same.

Roy & rosebud. (Old Man and Old Lady).

Take good care of each other.

Swordy 15th February 2013 19:09

Thoughts to family and friends

I was told today on the phone by Corin "Messenger" of Tam's passing.
It is very sad news indeed. I had not met Thomas but had bought a few items and had exchanged emails..he was always very helpful.

I join everyone above, that our thoughts are with Thomas's family and friends.

Paul

ssizefive 15th February 2013 19:32

What sad news, i met Tam just the once & what a nice guy he was - my thoughts are with his family.

Steve.

Hodgy 15th February 2013 19:52

May I express my sincere condolences to all family and friends.
RIP Tam

juzza0 15th February 2013 20:32

Such sad news, RIP Tam

iandb1970 15th February 2013 20:54

I was looking forward to meeting this legend at a Scottish meet. RIP.

. hammer 15th February 2013 21:59

Hearfelt condolences to Tam's family.

carlpenn 15th February 2013 22:21

R.I.P Rotrex and condolences to his Family. :(

Astraeus 15th February 2013 23:35

Now at peace

Quote:

Originally Posted by . hammer (Post 1223710)
Hearfelt condolences to Tam's family.

I have known for a short time how serious this was and we are both very saddened for the family's loss. Tam is now at peace. Our heartfelt thoughts are with his family and friends.
Love from us both
Chris and Wendy

CrashCourse 16th February 2013 06:03

I only just met Tam in November and was looking forward to meeting him again - a real gent he was. RIP Tam.

Jules 16th February 2013 09:11

A true Gent and a great loss to his family, friends and folk on here.
All seems to have happened so quick since Thomas got poorly around Xmas.

I am learning Life seems to get more precious as we grow older.

FLYER 16th February 2013 11:52

Funeral of ROTREX [Thomas Leek].

The funeral of TAM will take place this coming wednesday the 20th at Holytown crematorium at midday.

Janice has requested no flowers please .

Further to this anyone wanting to send a card of condolence should PM me for details.

Janice has read your messages and was in her words [overwhelmed ] at your thoughts and memories of Tam.

I would also like to express my gratitude to you all for helping Janice and her children with your thoughtful posts .

Thanks everyone.

andel 16th February 2013 12:04

RIP old friend

the wife and i were up at Tams about four weeks ago we all thought it was the cold, i bought some stuff off him so now it will be treasured for a long time to come, RIP old friend you will be missed

Graham1961 16th February 2013 12:11

Rip Sir Tam of Shotts

I am very deeply saddened by this and i will miss Tam more than words can say.

RIP Sir Tam.

RPWC 16th February 2013 12:36

I take it the forum will close for 2 minutes at the start of Tam's funeral ,like it did for Eric?

stevestrat 16th February 2013 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 1224069)
I would also like to express my gratitude to you all for helping Janice and her children with your thoughtful posts

And I'm sure everybody would like to thank you for keeping us informed, couldn't have been easy George. Just wish it had been a happier outcome.

RPWC 16th February 2013 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1224104)
And I'm sure everybody would like to thank you for keeping us informed, couldn't have been easy George. Just wish it had been a happier outcome.

:bowdown::iagree::wot:

FLYER 16th February 2013 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1224104)

It is the least i could do for TAM.

At the very outset he charged me with keeping you all informed of his situation , the hardest part for me was knowing he could,nt be saved and keeping it inside .

I have no doubt the way you have all acted has brought a smile to his family when smiling is very difficult.

Yeti 16th February 2013 14:52

**** I knew he was not well but didn't know it was that bad. Please accept my sincere condolences. RIP Tam, you were one of life's good guys mate

lady zed 16th February 2013 17:19

Hi George - I was hoping it wouldn't be Mon - Wed. Mon and Tues I'm interviewing and Wed morning at 11.15 I have an interview. Please could you give my heartfelt apologies to Janice and PM her address so that I can send a card. :(

Jim Jamieson 16th February 2013 17:20

Mary & I are so saddened to hear this sad news.

The tributes paid on this forum over the last few days show just what a guy Tam was. I will say a few words to the "big man" in my prayers at tommorows' service for you Tam.

Please convey our condolences to the family.

Jim & Mary Jamieson