The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The South West (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   south west weekend away june 2016 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=223324)

Cable Tie 10th August 2015 16:29

south west weekend away june 2016

hi all have been chatting with the usual group on our jolly 75/zt meets and been thinking of doing a weekend away on the isle of wight staying at norton grange yarmouth on the 10th june 2016,travelling from lymington.the complex is a warners adults only break with nightly entertainment to include some tribute acts,included in the price is room,breakfast and a 3 course evening meal,i will upload some links to click on and hopefully they work.its leaveing lymington on the friday 10/06/2016 and returning on the monday morning 13/06/2016,there will be some oportunities to go on a daily drive out as a group or relax and do your own thing the choice is yours,the island is and absolute haven for those david baileys amongst us,im let to believe the only monies required is a £30 deposit per person,i will check and put up the full price and exactly how much the deposit is and when the balance has to be paid.if any interest just give me a shout and names will be added.here are two links and a price planner on the second link,i think if you want to go it would be advisable to act sooner as opposed to later due to availability,you can ring and book yourself if you prefer then just add your name to the list http://www.warnerleisurehotels.co.uk...lage/overview/
https://book.warnerleisurehotels.co....B01:00)%2F&s=2

i have just spoken to the travel desk and was misinformed ie deposit and room priceing due booking as a group and haveing fringe benefits or all over cheaper break for everyone.all basic rooms are now £159.00 per person and premier rooms available at £167.00 per person this is at the moment which is 50% cheaper than normal and ferry price is also half price at £32.50 at the moment but shes not sure how long the deal will last initial deposits for those already confirmed is early to mid sept

matt and sleepy
bob [flying banana]
allen and val [ratty]
ian and jan [redfive]
nathan & emma (Matt 1 )
john & nena ( matt2 )
Neil1
Ross & Anita (cengar)
Kenny & Michelle (red five 2 )
Julien & Dawn ( rev Jules )

all names above are booked

Due to high demand and wanting us all to be together the basic rooms didnt have enough for our amount of attendees so ive had to take premiers at £167 pp so we can all be together barbara did apologise but it was the only option cheers matt

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

FLYING BANANA 10th August 2015 17:12

Please add me to the list Matt.

Cable Tie 10th August 2015 17:24

all done bob

Ratty 10th August 2015 17:27

We are In Matt. :band::wine:

Ian G 10th August 2015 17:28

Hi Matt
Two for us please
Ian and Jan

Cable Tie 10th August 2015 17:33

allen and val ian and jan all added

Phil63 10th August 2015 19:47

No pets, so we're out. :sad3:

Neil1 13th August 2015 09:09

I did read that right, didn't I, breakfast and evening meal included in the price! :duh:

Cable Tie 13th August 2015 09:22

yep a breakfast and 3 course eve meal

Cable Tie 16th August 2015 10:22

a weekend bump for this one also could do a meet with some i.o.w members. also need firm numbers due to weekend selling out quickley. clyde (nev the bear ) has previously stayed there and assures me its good food and value for money what more can you ask for good company.good food and good accomadation

Cable Tie 1st September 2015 20:43

A little bump and update come on you lovelly forum members its long enough to book time off work save the pennies and arrange sitters also all deposits recieved with thanks and will be paid this fri 4th and should get reciept and full booking comfimation and will update

Neil1 2nd September 2015 11:03

Go on then add me please. :D

I do like the Isle of Widget went there a few years ago. :D

Cable Tie 2nd September 2015 11:57

Name added Neil I'll pm you PayPal details for deposit cheers matt

Rev Jules 2nd September 2015 12:09

Just been on to their site and they are fully booked???

Rev Jules

Cable Tie 2nd September 2015 13:27

Its different when you go through group bookings but there will be a cut off point any more takers before it is totally booked

Cable Tie 2nd September 2015 13:42

Update on original post at bottom of listing due to numbers going weve had to have premiers at a slightly higher price of £167 due to us all wanting to be together and as previous post if you want to go get them skates on due to selling out rather fast thanks matt

Cable Tie 4th September 2015 14:28

All deposits are now paid so it's a firm booking 10 June 2016 will need reg numbers for ferry and times that people would like to travel a few places left onLy so if in doubt get the cash out lol

Neil1 4th September 2015 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt darke (Post 2088680)
All deposits are now paid so it's a firm booking 10 June 2016 will need reg numbers for ferry and times that people would like to travel a few places left onLy so if in doubt get the cash out lol

Cool :cool:

My reg number is: AY53 KUD

As for traveling up, no doubt we will have ourselves a Convoy, breaker, breaker 1 9, rubber duck is on it's way! :D

FLYING BANANA 4th September 2015 15:03

Banana KM 04 YJR

I'll be coming via the Ski Jump but may need a 10 20.

James.uk 4th September 2015 15:08

Who moved the Isle of Wight to the West then?? It has/was always been dead center South when I lived down there.. :p: ;) :p: :D:D:D

Ian G 4th September 2015 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 2088712)
Who moved the Isle of Wight to the West then?? It has/was always been dead center South when I lived down there.. :p: ;) :p: :D:D:D

It's still in the same place James....South
That's why it's called the South West weekend AWAY..... INNIT
Cheers Ian

James.uk 4th September 2015 16:49

But --- you will have to travel South East to find it from the South West innit Ian... LOL :D:D:D

Cable Tie 4th September 2015 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2088708)
Banana KM 04 YJR

I'll be coming via the Ski Jump but may need a 10 20.

You've lost me bob :duh: :duh::shrug:

Ratty 4th September 2015 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt darke (Post 2088680)

Reg numbers Matt
AV05DLF
KF03AJF
WF05ZYC
R796TCF :shrug:

Cable Tie 4th September 2015 22:45

Now thats just showin off :D:D

Cable Tie 22nd September 2015 16:34

Was asked about this trip away and prices, dates etc here we go back at the top

FLYING BANANA 22nd September 2015 17:09

Redfive Reg No.

AV 05 VVG

Ian G 22nd September 2015 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2102200)
Redfive Reg No.

AV 05 VVG

Thanks Bob
I did pass all the information on to Matt on Sunday.
Cheers Ian

Cable Tie 23rd October 2015 17:48

Just had a pm from a forum member to ask if any places left I'm ringing warners on Monday due to them not being open weekends anymore for anymore whilst I'm in contact with them cheers Matt and a bump to the top

Ratty 23rd October 2015 21:08

Matt reg number for Ratty is AV05DLF.

cengar 27th October 2015 13:48

Reg no for me is OIL 7208 Ross

Neil1 28th October 2015 11:41

If I change my number plate, how much notice do you need?

Cable Tie 28th October 2015 12:04

No plate

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil1 (Post 2129655)

Not a problem Neil I can sort it buddy

Neil1 28th October 2015 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt darke (Post 2129665)
Not a problem Neil I can sort it buddy

Okay.......;)

Ratty 28th October 2015 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil1 (Post 2129655)

Not a problem Matt will change his any way.....:getmecoat:

Cable Tie 28th October 2015 15:40

You know me so well Allen

Neil1 29th October 2015 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratty (Post 2129796)
Not a problem Matt will change his any way.....:getmecoat:

Don't understand that, must be missing something :shrug: or do you know something...........;) :D

Ratty 29th October 2015 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil1 (Post 2130710)
Don't understand that, must be missing something :shrug: or do you know something...........;) :D

Can't say you will have to wait for that Neil.:}

Cable Tie 30th October 2015 11:35

We have both got new reg numbers now who's next in line ??????????

Ratty 30th October 2015 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt darke (Post 2131347)
We have both got new reg numbers now who's next in line ??????????

Just seen this on DVLA site RA02TTY :shrug:

FLYING BANANA 30th October 2015 20:18

I'll be keepin...........................................o h! You never know do you!!!!!!!

Cable Tie 30th October 2015 23:52

Bob you are a tease think of the parking and oooooh all that paperwork etc lol lol

Cable Tie 2nd February 2016 19:13

Will contact warners tomorrow to check when the payment for the ferry is due and will post when I find out cheers also as Bob said on the other thread it can't come quick enough for us looking forward to a good old chat drive out etc cheers Matt

Cable Tie 3rd February 2016 17:58

Just spoken to a young gent at warners and all ferry bookings need to be in by mid week next week but payment in full for holiday and ferry is due in by 26th March so all named could you let me know what time is best for you all to go on the ferry to the Isle of Wight and then what time you all want to return on the Monday so it's up to you folks I'm easy as they say then I can go for the average time and arrange with all concerned cheers Matt

FLYING BANANA 3rd February 2016 18:09

I'm happy to go with the flow.

cengar 4th February 2016 15:29

Roughly 4 1/2 hours from here plus any meet up time so daylight preferred Ross

Cable Tie 4th February 2016 18:51

I was thinking of the s west members meet up at Exeter services and pick up others along the route and have a convoy then meet up at the ferry port with the members from other end of country if it's ok with you guys and gals

FLYING BANANA 4th February 2016 19:12

Ok with me. I might look to stay over somewhere to break the journey.

Cable Tie 4th February 2016 21:08

Just checked on google maps it says 2hrs 45 mins for me and the others from Torbay as its an extra hour for Allen and val then for Ross and Anita I'd say another 45 mins to an hour traffic dependent, Ian and Jan to be met at the lay-by just past Dorchester, which can be used as a toilet and tea stop,so we're getting somewhere now,I hate making decisions I do,lol lol how about we say book the ferry for 1.30 pm.how does that suit everyone ? please if it's too early or you think it's too late shout now it's only a suggestion I want everyone to be happy and feel they can have a say,as at the end of the day it's your holiday as well as mine and everyone else's so shout loud and now before its all booked thanks Matt

FLYING BANANA 5th February 2016 07:36

Ferry time fine by me.

Ratty 5th February 2016 12:34

any time OK for us just happy to go with the flow.

Neil1 5th February 2016 15:00

Looks like I'm going to have to pull out of this.

The driving bit is an issue for me but that isn't the reason.

Because I purchased the car that I did really want, although I am doubting my decision on that at the moment.
There is nothing wrong with the car.
I am however stuck with my 75 that needs some work doing to it before I can sell it.

Plus insuring two cars is not cheap, I couldn't go for the Admiral Multi Car Policy because I will be selling the 75 and they would penalise me for that, (I phoned them about this). :getmecoat:

Money by the 26th, unfortunately not a chance in doodah! :sad3:
At the moment I have had enough of everything, cars, insurance companies, hospital and shopping trolleys.

Cable Tie 6th February 2016 12:59

Hi Neil is this a firm decision so I can either cancel with warners or try and fill the space,if your not happy with the tourer I'm sure she will sell easily enough as she needs for nothing cheers Matt

cengar 7th February 2016 16:49

Should be OK for us Leave here around nine be Exeter by ten thirty
Ross

Neil1 9th February 2016 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt darke (Post 2213129)
Hi Neil is this a firm decision so I can either cancel with warners or try and fill the space,if your not happy with the tourer I'm sure she will sell easily enough as she needs for nothing cheers Matt

I didn't say I was selling the Tourer!

Yes, cancel.

Cable Tie 9th February 2016 13:42

Ok Neil no worries I just assumed with your last post you wasn't happy with her when you said you didn't know if you'd done the right thing by buying her as for the 75 it will sell easy enough with a clean polish and annual service I did say to you my uncle would do this cheaper than the garage to save you money,I was just waiting for you to contact me,if you do decide to sell the tourer and keep the 75 just let me know but I know you do like her.it sounds like your down so you need to get your head out the sand and carry on as you tell me lol lol

Cable Tie 10th February 2016 09:27

Two more booked up Ian and Jan redfive's family now it is 16 woop woop roll on June I feel a good weekend as all of our jolly outings are just hope weather will be good lol.

FLYING BANANA 10th February 2016 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt darke (Post 2215834)
Two more booked up Ian and Jan redfive's family now it is 16 woop woop roll on June I feel a good weekend as all of our jolly outings are just hope weather will be good lol.

Be bright whatever the weather, especially with two YELLOW cars in attendance.

Neil1 10th February 2016 12:07

After a chat with Matt last night and with me explaining my predicament I am Going because I have been looking forward to a trip away so much.

The Tourer is staying and the 75 will be sold.

Besides it's the only MG that I have really been able to get into.

Quite right as Matt says, "you need to get your head out of sand" which is what I say to him.

I'm sorry that I may have upset the other members who are going and for that I do sincerely apologise. :}

Cable Tie 19th February 2016 13:14

Well the ferry is now booked as far as I know emailed all reg nos to Barbara at warners after a Phone conversation with her we agreed to get all on the same ferry time 2pm outward from lymington on the Friday and return at 1pm on the Monday so it's no rush either way just in case any mishaps happen hope not fingers crossed I hope this is ok with all cheers Matt

thomas 75 connie 27th February 2016 07:02

Have a great time,Ill be going home somewhen in the year.
Its a beautiful Island and just remember that when you hit the little roundabout by the ferry port its a right turn:D

Cable Tie 27th February 2016 10:07

It's a lovely island in that it's always been a pleasure to visit, we as young adults with children would visit 3 maybe 4 times a year on weekends away,always found something interesting to see or do,also some postcard picture thatched taverns for lunch etc,the kids loved it also, my eldest daughter has gone on to take the grandchildren there also,just as adults the same places you visit with youngsters aren't going to be the same as us adults want to visit,so we need to find some really good interesting venues and photo opportunity vantage points roll on June

Neil1 27th February 2016 11:31

I went there in the 90's for a long weekend.
Drove there in a Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8GL.

Cable Tie 26th March 2016 09:41

Thanks to all you lovely people who are going on this weekend break all monies received and paid in full can't wait it's ten weeks away woop woop sees ya all soon and thanks again for being trusting with your hard earned cash and entrusting me to pay warners not one person has questioned me nor asked for proof of payment although I've shown a few people but just shows what a good bunch we have.as said as soon as I receive the receipt I will make it available for all to see and have a good Easter shame the weather isn't better cheers Matt

FLYING BANANA 26th March 2016 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt darke (Post 2250607)
Thanks to all you lovely people who are going on this weekend break all monies received and paid in full can't wait it's ten weeks away woop woop sees ya all soon and thanks again for being trusting with your hard earned cash and entrusting me to pay warners not one person has questioned me nor asked for proof of payment although I've shown a few people but just shows what a good bunch we have.as said as soon as I receive the receipt I will make it available for all to see and have a good Easter shame the weather isn't better cheers Matt

Matt you are as honest as the day is long.

Cable Tie 30th March 2016 11:20

List now amended by 2 more Rev jules and his wife so now we have 18 lovely people I'm feeling a great weekend to be had roll on this date there are no more doubles left but at the moment a couple of twins and a few singles if any one else wants to join in with this weekend away thanks again Matt

Cable Tie 25th April 2016 17:17

just had a call from warners got a little issue with the ferry times, although i booked early jan we couldnt have the times we requested due to it being the isle of wight festival weekend, which as most know is the busiest weekend of the year for them, after a bit of tooing and frowing on the phone, ive managed to get the following times, at the moment but might change on thursday. so im happy to travel at any time. just give me a shout if there is a real problem. on the fri travelling from lymington theres 6 slots for 3pm, 2 slots for 4pm, and 1 slot for 2pm, which was our original time to travel out, and return the only time we can get is 5.05pm i hope this is ok they only get alloted time slots from wightlink, so its out of their control, there is a nice cafe on lyminton ferry port quayside and a nice pub very close about 250 yrds away. not long now 50 odd days whoop whoop to be honest i cant bloooooooooooody wait

Rev Jules 25th April 2016 17:44

Hi Matt.
Go for anytime you can get, its good of you to do the organising.

Many Thanks

See you all in June.

Rev Jules.

Cable Tie 8th May 2016 08:08

Bump re my last post as to times for the crossings, for the lovely people going I've not heard a thing back,so I'll contact them tomorrow and see if we have got new times, or this is the only ones available see ya all soon Matt

Cable Tie 9th May 2016 16:30

Been onto warners again to be told no different times can be had so we've got 1x 2pm crossing 2x 3pm crossing and 6x 4pm crossing from lymington on the Friday and 9x 505pm return on the Monday as said before this is due to it being the I o w festival weekend so unsure who wants what slots really not happy and I told her this so I'm gonna ring wightlink themselves tomorrow and try my luck there I've just been emailed all 9 tickets, so I'll try my best and keep you lovely people informed cheers matt

Rev Jules 10th May 2016 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt darke (Post 2284425)
Been onto warners again to be told no different times can be had so we've got 1x 2pm crossing 2x 3pm crossing and 6x 4pm crossing from lymington on the Friday and 9x 505pm return on the Monday as said before this is due to it being the I o w festival weekend so unsure who wants what slots really not happy and I told her this so I'm gonna ring wightlink themselves tomorrow and try my luck there I've just been emailed all 9 tickets, so I'll try my best and keep you lovely people informed cheers matt

Hi Matt.

Do your best that's all one can ask, if poss can I have one of 3 P/M slots,

No worries if you can't oblige.

Jules

Cable Tie 10th May 2016 14:09

hi you lovelly people, ive been onto wightlint today with no joy, as warners said its the busiest weekend of the year, ferry space is of a premium, i even tried to pay extra for the 3 places to be changed, but the answer was sorry i cant do this.but he did advise me if we were travelling together then turn up at the earliest time weve got and 9 out of 10 times we will get on the same ferry, or may be split into two groups, they will also do it on a first come first served basis, so if we all aim to get to lymington ferry port so41 5sb for approx 130pm -145pm on the friday, we can have a good chat if we cant go all at once. i have the tickets printed and ready for action,this day cannot come quick enough, my mobile no i will pm the ones that dont have it in event of any probs. fingers crossed there wont be any,ive still yet to have a good look at the map and see where we can go on a few jolliy drive outs. but if you want to shout some ideas my way then feel free,also if you want to sit by the pool all day or do your own thing then this is entirely up to the individual and will not offend or upset us in any way, as they say you pay your money you do as you like, all i want at the end of the weekend is folks to say you all had a good time and thoroughly enjoyed yourself,by the way the first round is on the first one at the bar lol lol

on a last note just done a route planner its telling me 2hours 50 mins from torquay so i would say for the ones meeting at exeter we should meet at 945am to leave approx 10am to meet up with ian and jan in the laybe just past the weymouth turning approx 11am for a toilet stop etc is this ok with everyone as for rev jules we will see you at the ferry port unless you want to meet up on the way to join the rubberduck convoy yorkies at the ready lol

Cable Tie 10th May 2016 14:13

hi jules this isnt a problem buddy your ticket says 4pm and mine is 3pm so your more than welcome to have my ferry time but i know we should all b able to get on before the 4 pm ferry as they line you up when you get there and you always get late comers and they put them on the next ferry so it really is a first come first served basis in a way of doing things cheers matt

FLYING BANANA 10th May 2016 14:55

I'm happy to go with the flow. Well done Matt for putting it altogether.

Cable Tie 10th May 2016 18:55

Thanks Bob it's a pleasure

Rev Jules 12th May 2016 13:00

Tickets

Hi Matt.

Not long now will soon come round. Do we pick our tickets up at the ferry port or are we going meet you at Lymington and get the tickets off you there.

Rev

Cable Tie 12th May 2016 20:19

Hi jules yes I've just downloaded and printed the tickets out I will bring them with me or if you want I can send them in the post to you its up to you I'm happy to do this if you like just pm me your address if you want me to send to you

Rev Jules 12th May 2016 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt darke (Post 2286982)
Hi jules yes I've just downloaded and printed the tickets out I will bring them with me or if you want I can send them in the post to you its up to you I'm happy to do this if you like just pm me your address if you want me to send to you

No worries Matt will pick them up on the day.

Jules

Rev Jules 15th May 2016 08:13

Hi Matt

Sorry to trouble you again, do you have a mobile number just in case on the day, also did I give you our reg YJ 52 VZG. Wedgewood Tourer

Jules

Cable Tie 20th May 2016 09:03

The countdown begins 3 weeks today can't wait to see you lovely people

FLYING BANANA 20th May 2016 10:01

Likewise Matt. Been a longtime.

cengar 20th May 2016 11:00

Weekend away

Hi all should we have a list of mobile numbers for just in case start off mine is 07732407489 Ross

Cable Tie 20th May 2016 12:42

will pm my no if required good thinking Bob

FLYING BANANA 20th May 2016 13:28

Best if mobiles are sent via PM's rather than on here.

Cable Tie 27th May 2016 09:21

The countdown begins woop woop 14 days and ill be on my way to meet with some of the loveliest folk ive been lucky enough to meet in my life

Rev Jules 27th May 2016 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt darke (Post 2297695)
The countdown begins woop woop 14 days and ill be on my way to meet with some of the loveliest folk ive been lucky enough to meet in my life

Well all I can say, you have not met up with us yet, you won't be disappointed, I can promise you.

Rev

Cable Tie 27th May 2016 22:24

I'm sure we will get on well jules we both have the love of these cars as a good starting point

on a separate note Neil will not be able to go as far as I'm aware due to unforeseen health problems and needing an operation and is still in Torbay hospital so the 2 pm slot I can now assign to Neil's name and we can get to lymington slightly later than first thaught as its too late to cancel wishing Neil a speedy recovery

Cable Tie 1st June 2016 12:48

2pm slot now cancelled due to Neil not being well enough to attend so the ferry times are 3pm x 6 cars and 4pm x2 cars if we all aim to get there for around 2.15 so you can stretch you legs use the toilets even have a coffee etc in the cafe there we can hopefully get on one ferry I'll speak to the person who loads the ferry and ask for us to all be together fingers crossed all will be good 9 days to go see ya all soon

FLYING BANANA 1st June 2016 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt darke (Post 2298175)
I'm sure we will get on well jules we both have the love of these cars as a good starting point

on a separate note Neil will not be able to go as far as I'm aware due to unforeseen health problems and needing an operation and is still in Torbay hospital so the 2 pm slot I can now assign to Neil's name and we can get to lymington slightly later than first thaught as its too late to cancel wishing Neil a speedy recovery

Send Neil our best regards please Matt. Hope he gets well soon.

Cable Tie 1st June 2016 13:24

Will do Bob hope your on the mend and fighting fit for your next jolly adventure lol see ya soon and take care drive safe

Ian G 1st June 2016 15:53

Best I get old Red Taxed and MOTd then:eek::eek:
Cheers

Cable Tie 3rd June 2016 12:10

One week today and we will be travelling for a bluudy good weekend away the countdown is on lol lol

Ratty 3rd June 2016 15:55

New fan arrived today should be all OK now for next weekend.

Rev Jules 5th June 2016 11:18

I really can't believe these cars, fortnight ago while on holiday the tank strap on my Tourer decided to give way, and had to have it ferried home 130 miles, Shiner came
Round yesterday and put a new strap on, but he discovered a bluddy great hole in the rear box, today was out and about started the car and a horrendous rattle from the front, would appear the noise gets worse when turning the steering wheel.
There could be a possibility we may not be able to go.

Rev Jules.

FLYING BANANA 5th June 2016 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2304297)

I really can't believe these cars, fortnight ago while on holiday the tank strap on my Tourer decided to give way, and had to have it ferried home 130 miles, Shiner came
Round yesterday and put a new strap on, but he discovered a bluddy great hole in the rear box, today was out and about started the car and a horrendous rattle from the front, would appear the noise gets worse when turning the steering wheel.

Rev Jules.

Hope you can get it fixed in time.

Ian G 5th June 2016 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2304297)

Rev Jules.

Probably be Crankshaft Pulley Jules...
LINKY.....http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...nkshaft+pulley
Cheers Ian

Rev Jules 5th June 2016 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfive (Post 2304358)
Probably be Crankshaft Pulley Jules...
LINKY.....http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...nkshaft+pulley
Cheers Ian

Yes you could be right, going on to google and that would be the prognosis,
Not worried at the moment I would like to bring the Tourer always assuming the exhaust and Heat shield arrive in time.

Jules

Rev Jules 5th June 2016 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2304387)
Yes you could be right, going on to google and that would be the prognosis,
Not worried at the moment I would like to bring the Tourer always assuming the exhaust and Heat shield arrive in time.

Jules

I know I am being cheeky in writing this, if I cant get either of the cars up and running, we would come by train to Lymington, and beg a lift with one of you guys, would obviously pay for any fuel used/ just a thought.

Julien

FLYING BANANA 5th June 2016 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2304474)
I know I am being cheeky in writing this, if I cant get either of the cars up and running, we would come by train to Lymington, and beg a lift with one of you guys, would obviously pay for any fuel used/ just a thought.

Julien

Not a problem Julien. I'm travelling solo so have the room. Can drop you off on the way home as well if need be.

Rev Jules 5th June 2016 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2304586)
Not a problem Julien. I'm travelling solo so have the room. Can drop you off on the way home as well if need be.

That's very kind of you, will try my hardest to get one of them fixed.
All the best.
Jules

Cable Tie 5th June 2016 20:00

I'm sure between us all jules something can be sorted,just let us know and a night in shining armour will arrive

Rev Jules 5th June 2016 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt darke (Post 2304678)
I'm sure between us all jules something can be sorted,just let us know and a night in shining armour will arrive

Many thanks Matt.

It will be a bit hectic tomorrow finding a supplier who can deliver the part quickly. Then getting it fitted, I am not very adept at these sort of things.

Jules

Sonic ZS 6th June 2016 18:56

Hope you all have a great weekend (...I'm sure you will ;)), drive carefully and not too much of the falling down water :D :getmecoat:

FLYING BANANA 6th June 2016 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic ZS (Post 2305236)
Hope you all have a great weekend (...I'm sure you will ;)), drive carefully and not too much of the falling down water :D :getmecoat:

I'm very qualified at falling down without water.

Nev The Bear 6th June 2016 20:48

I hope the weather stays fine and you all have a great time at the weekend.

Ratty 6th June 2016 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic ZS (Post 2305236)

Bob and myself are just sampling some falling down water at this moment just need a bit of practice for the weekend

Cable Tie 7th June 2016 11:11

3 days to go and can't wait, looks like all systems go,so we will keep to our original plans and meet up at Exeter services for 9.45/10am,6 cars in total from Exeter, then onto IAN and Jan,kenny and Michelle at the lay-bys just past Dorchester,then onto lymington to meet up with Jules and dawn,so 8 cars in total should be a good weekend,if we happen to get to lymington in plenty of time maybe grab a spot of lunch or coffee etc,I'd rather get there early as opposed to rushing around, and as it's the I o w festival, I've been told it will be busy around the ferry port so wherever you're travelling from and with drive safe and see you all,friday,on a last not Neil 1 won't be attending due to just being leleased from hospital due to a unsuspected operation so get well soon Neil and we will have a bevy or two in your honour all the best Matt and Shirley

Rev Jules 7th June 2016 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt darke (Post 2305636)
3 days to go and can't wait, looks like all systems go,so we will keep to our original plans and meet up at Exeter services for 9.45/10am,6 cars in total from Exeter, then onto IAN and Jan,kenny and Michelle at the lay-bys just past Dorchester,then onto lymington to meet up with Jules and dawn,so 8 cars in total should be a good weekend,if we happen to get to lymington in plenty of time maybe grab a spot of lunch or coffee etc,I'd rather get there early as opposed to rushing around, and as it's the I o w festival, I've been told it will be busy around the ferry port so wherever you're travelling from and with drive safe and see you all,friday,on a last not Neil 1 won't be attending due to just being leleased from hospital due to a unsuspected operation so get well soon Neil and we will have a bevy or two in your honour all the best Matt and Shirley

Hi Matt.

Looks like we could well have a car to bring could well be my Saloon Connie, it's in at the moment and it could well be finished sometime today, everything that can be crossed is crossed.

Jules

FLYING BANANA 7th June 2016 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2305674)
Hi Matt.

Looks like we could well have a car to bring could well be my Saloon Connie, it's in at the moment and it could well be finished sometime today, everything that can be crossed is crossed.

Jules

That sounds good. Hope you get it fixed ok.

Rev Jules 7th June 2016 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2305687)
That sounds good. Hope you get it fixed ok.

Many thanks Bob, just picked it up all well and good now, so I now have my own transport, many thanks for you kind offer it is very much appreciated.

Jules

Ian G 7th June 2016 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2305735)
Many thanks Bob, just picked it up all well and good now, so I now have my own transport, many thanks for you kind offer it is very much appreciated.

Jules

Great news Jules see you Friday..
Cheers Ian

Ian G 7th June 2016 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfive (Post 2301467)
Best I get old Red Taxed and MOTd then:eek::eek:
Cheers

Tested and Taxed, washed and polished,serviced and filled with premium diesel ready to go....;):D:D
Cheers Ian

Cable Tie 7th June 2016 18:42

Good news Jules glad your car is sorted see you on Friday and still gotta clean and sort the black piece oil and filter and a little check over all will be tickety boo

Cable Tie 8th June 2016 22:00

Banana sorted today now the black piece tomorrow then drive Friday to meet some good folk can't wait

Dallas 8th June 2016 22:05

You guys have a great weekend, hope the sun is shining for you. :sunny:

Cable Tie 9th June 2016 09:04

Under 24 hours and counting this time tomorrow we will be with the first group of lovelly folk bring it on

FLYING BANANA 9th June 2016 12:35

Banana is washed and polished, headlights got some extra buffing. Looking forward to meeting with the "gang" tomorrow.

Rev Jules 9th June 2016 14:27

Hi Matt, I think I have your mobile number not sure if you have mine, 07748085329,

cleaned the inside and around the boot, also under the bonnet, will wash and polish later on when it cools down a bit .

Safe journey to all, and hopefully meet up with you tomorrow.

Rev

Ian G 9th June 2016 20:16

It's nearly here now folks..
We'll see you at "the lay by" around 11 in the morning.
Cheers Ian

Rev Jules 10th June 2016 06:59

Good Morning Matt and Co!

We shall probably be in Lymington before you and have some lunch, what time is our expected sailing, my car is easily recognised REG J11OUL, Dark Blue.

Cheers.

Jules

Ratty 10th June 2016 07:13

Hi Jules as far as I know the ferry is 3.00pm.& 4.00 pm, we are hoping to be there by 2.00 ish & all try & get on the 3.00 ferry.

Cable Tie 10th June 2016 08:05

Ahoy me hearties the voyage begins were on route

Ian G 13th June 2016 19:28

THANKS MATT DARKE

A BIG thank you to Matt for all the hard work that he put in arranging this get together.
We had a fabulous time, as the song says you are "Simply the best" :bowdown:
Thanks again mate
Ian Jan Kenny and Michelle

cengar 13th June 2016 21:50

Wight weekend

Well done Matt excellant choice of venue lovely crowd Brilliant time start to finish Thankyou everyone Ross & Anita

Cable Tie 13th June 2016 22:34

Well what more can I say other than A HUGE THANK YOU to all for making mine and Shirley's weekend an absolute cracking weekend from start to finish, it was good to meet Jules and dawn what a lovelly couple and so like minded,we both haven't laughed so much for a long time,food was good and plentiful,staff all baring a couple were helpful accomadating and polite,Norton grange is a superb venue and hopefully will be going in the near future,glad all made it home safe and see a lot of you soon, thanks again Matt and Shirley

Ratty 13th June 2016 22:51

Well done Matt a cracking weekend,had a great time,and Great Company,What more can I say! just a BIG THANK YOU to Matt & Shirley for all your hard work.

FLYING BANANA 13th June 2016 23:26

Thanks to Matt and Shirley for a cracking venue. And thanks to everyone for all the laughs and banter. See you all again soon.

daznkel 14th June 2016 22:04

Come on folks! You must know by now it compulsory to post lots of pics to show what a great time you had! :D

FLYING BANANA 14th June 2016 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by daznkel (Post 2310801)
Come on folks! You must know by now it compulsory to post lots of pics to show what a great time you had! :D

I'll post pictures, on here, once I'm home. But there is a few on Facebook.