The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The South West (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   List of those who would like to attend a WSR meet. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=70904)

Phil 19th October 2010 21:20

List of those who would like to attend a WSR meet.

Hi all, following on from the other thread regarding a possible meet at the West Somerset Railway I would like it if you could please put your name down on this thread if you are interested in attending, obviously no dates are set yet so I won't hold you to anything!;) Once a list has been compiled I will ring up and make some enquiries.
I had an idea that we could meet at the Bishops Lydiard Station have a chat then maybe catch the train to the end of the line at Minehead for a meal or even just chips on the seafront! Then get the train back to Bishops Lydiard. If that appeals then please add your name.

List of those interested in attending.
Ray squires + Julie
ncfc1950 + Jan
Ragman
Kai Herb + son
Hainsie
Stux99 + SWMBO
Mel Dawson
Ceedy
Colintf
Phil
RayB
Tonybubble

Ray squires 19th October 2010 21:30

Hi Phil

Sounds good to me.Count me in on this one.

Ray :D

Phil 19th October 2010 21:43

Thanks Ray. I will add you to the first post.:}

Ian G 19th October 2010 22:01

Depending on day/date put me on the list please Phil
Cheers Ian

Phil 19th October 2010 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncfc1950 (Post 603752)
Depending on day/date put me on the list please Phil
Cheers Ian

Thanks Ian. I will add you now.

Kai Herb 20th October 2010 05:01

Yup :) , may bring my little boy as well

Hainsie 20th October 2010 05:45

Yes, count me in
Steve

stux99 20th October 2010 06:02

Great stuff, been promising myself a ride on that for years, steam?
We will be there.

Stu:D

Mel Dawson 20th October 2010 06:48

Count me in aswell.

Cheers Mel.

ceedy 20th October 2010 14:41

Count me in as a definate maybe .. :getmecoat:

chris

colintf 20th October 2010 15:44

me to - depending on date :}

Phil 20th October 2010 18:37

Thanks Chaps, I have added your names to the first post.:}
What has more appeal, chips on the seafront or a meal in a pub or similar?

stux99 20th October 2010 19:01

How about chips in a pub on the sea front:D:getmecoat:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 604088)
Thanks Chaps, I have added your names to the first post.:}

RayB 20th October 2010 19:17

Phil

count me in

Ray

Kai Herb 20th October 2010 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 604088)

Can i vote for both ??? :drool4: :bowdown:

Phil 20th October 2010 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayB (Post 604117)
Phil

count me in

Ray

Added, cheers Ray.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai Herb (Post 604127)
Can i vote for both ??? :drool4: :bowdown:

Of course Mr Herb. There is a McDonalds there too!:}

Kai Herb 20th October 2010 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 604130)
Of course Mr Herb. There is a McDonalds there too!:}

Have you met me ??? :D (there will probably be food in the car in case we get "stuck"in the snow)

Phil 20th October 2010 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai Herb (Post 604133)
Have you met me ??? :D (there will probably be food in the car in case we get "stuck"in the snow)

:D:D I am quite partial to the odd McDonalds myself! Its actually behind the yard at Minehead.

Hainsie 21st October 2010 12:25

Either or whatever does for me as long as Stu leaves some chips for the rest of us:D

Phil 22nd October 2010 19:08

Anybody else interested?:D How many of you will be bringing more than yourself? Just so I can work out numbers.

tonybubble 22nd October 2010 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 605205)
Anybody else interested?:D How many of you will be bringing more than yourself? Just so I can work out numbers.

Hi Phil. Count me in please, as I suggested and also probably isn't going to be much more local!! :D

Phil 22nd October 2010 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybubble (Post 605228)
Hi Phil. Count me in please, as I suggested and also probably isn't going to be much more local!! :D

Thanks Tony. I'll put you down now.

Ian G 22nd October 2010 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 605205)

Hi Phil myself and Jan
Cheers Ian

Ragman 22nd October 2010 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 605239)

Put him down - that's a bit harsh

Phil 23rd October 2010 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncfc1950 (Post 605277)
Hi Phil myself and Jan
Cheers Ian

Thanks Ian.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragman (Post 605372)
Put him down - that's a bit harsh

Yeah, I can be a nasty piece of work!;):}

stux99 23rd October 2010 05:42

Myself and SWMBO:bowdown:

Phil 23rd October 2010 10:57

Thanks Stux.

I am awaiting a reply now from WSR.

tonybubble 23rd October 2010 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 605239)

It's part of the Government cut backs - euthanasia for the older population. Watch out, Colin, you're on the list too, but some way behind me! "We are all in this together" :D

Ray squires 23rd October 2010 17:58

Hi Phil

Could you please add Julie to the list.

regards Ray

Phil 23rd October 2010 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray squires (Post 605724)
Hi Phil

Could you please add Julie to the list.

regards Ray

Done, thanks Ray.

Phil 26th October 2010 18:49

Hi everybody, I have had a reply from WSR. They have said they won't make any arrangements for us to park together, so I think in respect to that we may need to just hope to be able to park together as much as possible, if that is acceptable by you all.
They have said that if we get more than 16 people then the cost per person will be £12.60 or £12 for seniors. The normal rate is £14.80 OR £13.60 for seniors. Their wording not mine:o. To qualify for the discount though, we need to book in advance which I assume means pay in advance as well.:(

Obviously food is extra.
How does that sound? I was thinking a Saturday in early December?

colintf 26th October 2010 18:54

all depends upon the date. Dec is already looking busy for me

:cool:

Phil 26th October 2010 19:09

Ok, just reading through the time table,
http://www.west-somerset-railway.co.uk/Blue_times.html
It seems they don't have trains on every day so it looks like 13 November is a day where they run.
http://www.west-somerset-railway.co.uk/Times_fares.html
I am easily confused an I find that rather confusing.. Sorry..

As far as I can make out, All of December is Dunster by Candle light which I don't know whether that will be suitable as it is a late evening thing..

Discuss..:}

Ian G 26th October 2010 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 607159)
Hi everybody, I have had a reply from WSR. They have said they won't make any arrangements for us to park together, so I think in respect to that we may need to just hope to be able to park together as much as possible, if that is acceptable by you all.
They have said that if we get more than 16 people then the cost per person will be £12.60 or £12 for seniors. The normal rate is £14.80 OR £13.60 for seniors. Their wording not mine:o. To qualify for the discount though, we need to book in advance which I assume means pay in advance as well.:(

Obviously food is extra.
How does that sound? I was thinking a Saturday in early December?

Hi Phil
Sorry can't do December and I work every Saturday so maybe next time mate..thanks for your efforts anyway.
Cheers Ian

Phil 26th October 2010 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncfc1950 (Post 607175)
Hi Phil
Sorry can't do December and I work every Saturday so maybe next time mate..thanks for your efforts anyway.
Cheers Ian

Hi Ian, it looks to me like December may not be possible anyway as the time table is a little odd in December. Don't forget the idea just yet though if few people can make Saturday, it'll have to be a Sunday!

Kai Herb 26th October 2010 20:16

Have you seen they do Fish and Chip Specials :D

Shame is the next one is the 1st Jan :(

Sundays are the best for me im afraid , somebody has to deliver the post ;)

Phil 26th October 2010 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai Herb (Post 607240)
Have you seen they do Fish and Chip Specials :D

Shame is the next one is the 1st Jan :(

Sundays are the best for me im afraid , somebody has to deliver the post ;)

I don't mind waiting until the new year, seems a bit of a shame though..
If Sundays are best for the majority, then so be it.:)

Kai Herb 27th October 2010 05:44

Im pretty free most Sundays so it doesnt have to be the New Year.

Another idea.....Why not turn up en mass at a Mcdonalds just like the boyracers do....plenty of parking usually :D :getmecoat:

Phil 27th October 2010 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 605488)
Thanks Stux.

I am awaiting a reply now from WSR.

Excellent idea!!

Just had a thought this morning. I can't do the 13/14 November myself as I have a prior engagement. I shall have another look at the time table this evening.

Phil 27th October 2010 18:31

Hi all, I have just been looking at the timetable for November and with the exception of the 13/14 there is nothing on. But I can't make that, I am happy to arrange it all for that Sunday if you wish to attend without me. Failing that as December is off for most of you anyway I was wondering if we shouldn't do something else for November and postpone this idea until the new year.
Thoughts please.:)

Hainsie 27th October 2010 18:55

Happy to go with the flow Phil, Sundays are best for me generally, New Year would be fine, unless we just have a meet and a coffee somewhere else, eg Haynes motor museum rather than Maccy D's with the Chavs!

stux99 29th October 2010 07:08

You must be pulling your hair out Phil, trying to arrange something before christmas, sterling effort.Hainsies idea sounds good to me, we can always do the train rides sometime in the new year. Also, Sundays are best for me but I do need a few weeks warning to arrange call out cover.

Keep up the good work Phil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hainsie (Post 607559)
Happy to go with the flow Phil, Sundays are best for me generally, New Year would be fine, unless we just have a meet and a coffee somewhere else, eg Haynes motor museum rather than Maccy D's with the Chavs!

ceedy 29th October 2010 08:49

Haynes ....All that way..! :(

Christ its nearly 11 miles :D:D

I'd barely get the motor up to temperature ;);) :getmecoat:

stux99 29th October 2010 08:57

I know what you mean....:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 608239)
Haynes ....All that way..! :(

Christ its nearly 11 miles :D:D

I'd barely get the motor up to temperature ;);) :getmecoat:

Phil 29th October 2010 09:36

Hi guys, I have sent Haynes a message about us having a meet there so we may be able to park together etc. If I don't have a reply in the next couple of days i shall call them. Sorry about this. :o

Ray squires 29th October 2010 17:14

Haynes on a sunday is good for us.

Ray

matthewsemple 3rd November 2010 19:14

Meeting somewhere and just turning up sounds good. Less to organise for the organiser. I am in North Somerset and have only just bought a ZT so would be keen to attend something like this, depending on availability.

redtomcat 5th November 2010 17:41

Any news on the Haynes meet? as long as it's not on the 13th I'm for it, as I am just down the road.

Phil 5th November 2010 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by redtomcat (Post 611828)
Any news on the Haynes meet? as long as it's not on the 13th I'm for it, as I am just down the road.

Hi Tomcat, I have sent two emails so far and not had a reply to either, i shall call them tomorrow.

Ian G 5th November 2010 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 611985)
Hi Tomcat, I have sent two emails so far and not had a reply to either, i shall call them tomorrow.

Hi Phil
If no joy from Haynes we could try the fleet air arm museum it's just down the road.
Ian

Phil 5th November 2010 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncfc1950 (Post 611994)
Hi Phil
If no joy from Haynes we could try the fleet air arm museum it's just down the road.
Ian

Hi Ian, yes good idea.

stux99 6th November 2010 05:56

Both Haynes and FAA Museum have quite large car parks and out of season it should be fairly easy to park together.
IIRC admission is £12 FAA and £8 Haynes, both operate return visit scheme, you can return as many times as you like within 12 months.

Hope this helps.

Stu

Phil 6th November 2010 09:24

Hi chaps, if you are happy to just turn up on the day and try to park together, like we will have to at the wsr then I'm happy with that?

redtomcat 7th November 2010 10:09

Have you tried emailing Caroline Coombes
[email protected]

Phil 7th November 2010 10:36

No, I used their generic address. I will do that too. Thanks for that.

Phil 7th November 2010 19:30

Right, how does this sound, irresepective of whether Haynes will arrange for us to park together or not, how about we all head over there on the 28th November? I have contacted them three times now and not had a reply once.
I shall PM you all on my list.:}
Once again, can I apologise for my disorganised self? I am new to this meet malarky!

matthewsemple 8th November 2010 12:44

Just got the PM which all sounds sensible.

I find that some companies are hopeless at responding to emails. The sort where there is only one person that can switch on the computer and he/she left 6 months ago.

If you're worried, I'd ring them even if it is just to warn them that 10/20/30+ cars are going to turn up. Whilst you have their attention, you could ask for:
  • cordoned off parking area
  • reduced admission for big group
  • Freebies!

stux99 8th November 2010 14:16

Group rate for 15+....£1 off:)

matthewsemple 8th November 2010 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by stux99 (Post 613730)
Group rate for 15+....£1 off:)

saw that after I posted.

As Haynes is a good draw and the location is also quite easy to reach from the south-east, is it worth cross-posting in SE forum?

Knowing my luck, someone has probably already done that :getmecoat:

Phil 8th November 2010 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewsemple (Post 613992)
saw that after I posted.

As Haynes is a good draw and the location is also quite easy to reach from the south-east, is it worth cross-posting in SE forum?

Knowing my luck, someone has probably already done that :getmecoat:

I shall speak to Steve.:}

ag820i 29th December 2010 20:02

I take this hasn't happened yet.If it's still WSR I May be up for it in 2011. Put me forward please. Also my son who has an 820. Haynes is a hard road from Cornwall. Probably won't do that as have been soo many times, lol!
Many Thanks,
Andrew G

MangoMan 29th December 2010 20:20

Hi, I would be interested in the Haynes Motor Museum if it's still on the go? Although I see this thread has been idle for a while......

Cheers, Bill.

Phil 30th December 2010 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ag820i (Post 642077)
I take this hasn't happened yet.If it's still WSR I May be up for it in 2011. Put me forward please. Also my son who has an 820. Haynes is a hard road from Cornwall. Probably won't do that as have been soo many times, lol!
Many Thanks,
Andrew G

Hi Andrew, the Haynes meet has happenned unfortunately..
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=72031

However, I plan to organise a meet at WSR and will continue with that but I wanted to get Christmas and New year out of the way. I will add you to my PM list ready for when I have more news to update with.

Phil 30th December 2010 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoMan (Post 642086)
Hi, I would be interested in the Haynes Motor Museum if it's still on the go? Although I see this thread has been idle for a while......

Cheers, Bill.

Hey Bill, sorry we have had the Haynes meet but that isn't to say we won't have another as it is a good venue with a good cafe. Would you like me to add you to my private messaging list for when I have more news regarding meets. Once Christmas and New year are out the way, I shall start planning another meet.

MangoMan 30th December 2010 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 642387)
Hey Bill, sorry we have had the Haynes meet but that isn't to say we won't have another as it is a good venue with a good cafe. Would you like me to add you to my private messaging list for when I have more news regarding meets. Once Christmas and New year are out the way, I shall start planning another meet.

Yes, that would be great thanks

Cheers, Bill.

Phil 30th December 2010 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoMan (Post 642416)
Yes, that would be great thanks

Cheers, Bill.

Cheers Bill, I'll add you now.:icon_razz:

boltonlab 20th April 2012 13:32

boltonlab

Hi Phil
Im in
regards
Lee

Admin EDIT:

The meet suggestions in this thread have now been and gone. If anyone wants to organise a fresh gathering (as there is no official Regional Secretary for the South West) please feel free to start a new thread.