The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The Midlands (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   POL 2023 Tourer & ZT-T gathering (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=322826)

Mattyboy 4th February 2023 13:00

POL 2023 Tourer & ZT-T gathering

“The last chance saloon meets the lifestyle choice estate”.

I will be attending the Pride of Longbridge 2023 in my Tourer this year. I thought it would make a good visual effect to try & cluster some of the ZT-T & Tourer estates together at one end of the Rover 75 & MG ZT Club. Something similar was done at the RoverFest 2022 with organisers grouping cars by model & sub type where possible & it worked nicely with the estates parked opposite the saloons. This would an informal sub-group.

Therefore I’ve created a little ‘event’ on facebook inviting estate owners to park their wagons at one end of the club line. This being the end nearest as you enter Crofton Park from where the 75/ZT club parks in the centre.

As many members on here aren’t facebook users I’ve posted it here too. This is entirely unofficial & their is no official ZT-T/Tourer club it would just come under the wider club.

daveo138 4th February 2023 20:26

Any news on the date?

Mattyboy 4th February 2023 21:27

Saturday 15th April

It is on 15/04/2023 which is the actual anniversary of MG Rover’s demise.

So far I have five estates confirmed as attending on facebook.

daveo138 5th February 2023 10:28

I will be there, too.

Mick Brownhill 5th February 2023 10:33

Pol 2023

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattyboy (Post 2959905)

Just to confirm I will be there with Tommy (ZTT 180). Where could we meet from our area and travel together? Suggest somewhere on M1.

Best Wishes
Mick

TomTheTyke 5th February 2023 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattyboy (Post 2959905)

I think I've seen this date a couple of times online, and I'm sure you are right, but not seen anything 'official.' Do they have a Facebook page? I think I found out last year from the thread on here.

R75800sd1 6th February 2023 11:55

Count me in, will probably be in the Tourer unless I`ve finished the saloon. The Mrs will be in her TF again like last year, all being well.
Will keep an eye out for a meeting place as we`re coming from south of Chesterfield

Mattyboy 6th February 2023 18:30

Meeting place

Hello all. As most of those responding seem to coming from the north I’m going to suggest meeting at J28 M1 southbound ‘Brewers Fayre’ car park at 7:50am to depart at 8am (all subject to discussion/change) for those wishing to travel down together.

So far seven estates have said they wish to join us & I expect a few more will do so closer to the date. Of these two are from Chesterfield area, one is from Sheffield, & one is Middlesbrough who can join the M1 via the M18, whilst I can join the M1 at J28 (Mansfield).

Of course some may not wish to travel in convoy so they can park with us there. Based on previous years getting there before 9:30am is wisest because of the entry traffic jam that the 2000-4000 attending cars create. From J28 is 1hr 15mins & allows for us departing late from the rendezvous.

Mick Brownhill 6th February 2023 19:01

Tourers on tour

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattyboy (Post 2960059)
Hello all. As most of those responding seem to coming from the north I’m going to suggest meeting at J28 M1 southbound ‘Brewers Fayre’ car park at 7:50am to depart at 8am (all subject to discussion/change) for those wishing to travel down together.

So far seven estates have said they wish to join us & I expect a few more will do so closer to the date. Of these two are from Chesterfield area, one is from Sheffield, & one is Middlesbrough who can join the M1 via the M18, whilst I can join the M1 at J28 (Mansfield).

Of course some may not wish to travel in convoy so they can park with us there. Based on previous years getting there before 9:30am is wisest because of the entry traffic jam that the 2000-4000 attending cars create. From J28 is 1hr 15mins & allows for us departing late from the rendezvous.

Junction 28 M1 looks good

starbug2 11th February 2023 13:34

I saw a post on Facebook about tourers :-) currently thinkung if taking my car . I was just looking if the OC was doing anything

Mattyboy 11th February 2023 18:06

Facebook

Quote:

Originally Posted by starbug2 (Post 2960511)
I saw a post on Facebook about tourers :-) currently thinkung if taking my car . I was just looking if the OC was doing anything

Yes I’m organising the ‘event’ via Facebook & updating on here for non users of social media. Of course you parked next to me at the RoverFest 2022 line of Tourers & it is from this that I had the idea to cluster a group of estates together again within the Rover 75/MG ZT Club stand.

You’d be welcome to join us. I currently have seven estates wishing to park together. Normally I take my saloon to POL but this year I might take both cars & get my dad to drive one. I can tag it in the end of the estate line. Of course the cost of 2x petrol on V6’s is what stopped me in 2022 bringing both.

We will be passing your general direction en route so joining the convoy is also a possibility.

mor75 11th February 2023 18:27

i've got 2 ZT-T's.... if my front spring hold up until POL 2023 then i'll be in Grove... if not i've always got the Black Pearl

starbug2 12th February 2023 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattyboy (Post 2960533)
Yes I’m organising the ‘event’ via Facebook & updating on here for non users of social media. Of course you parked next to me at the RoverFest 2022 line of Tourers & it is from this that I had the idea to cluster a group of estates together again within the Rover 75/MG ZT Club stand.

You’d be welcome to join us. I currently have seven estates wishing to park together. Normally I take my saloon to POL but this year I might take both cars & get my dad to drive one. I can tag it in the end of the estate line. Of course the cost of 2x petrol on V6’s is what stopped me in 2022 bringing both.

We will be passing your general direction en route so joining the convoy is also a possibility.

i think i may well join you in my tourer :}

Mattyboy 13th February 2023 10:58

Tourers on Tour & ZT-T gathering

For those of you able to access facebook this is the link to the event.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3287...4931307501430/

I will try to keep this updated as well but my primary use is via facebook which I find easier to use. I cannot post pictures on here but will get a Crofton Park map & upload the intended parking destination on the facebook page.

Of course I’d be happy to see Starbug join us.

starbug2 14th February 2023 19:50

As i have said i will join you :} so just a question of where and when

Rev Jules 15th February 2023 08:04

Mattyboy.
I live in Radcliffe on Trent how come we have never met??

Mattyboy 15th February 2023 08:14

Meeting

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2960907)

Mattyboy.
I live in Radcliffe on Trent how come we have never met??

We have met on several occasions. At the Notts Classic County Show in 2022, the Mid Lincs Rover Show in July 2022 & I’m fairly sure we saw each other at either the BMC Leyland show or POL last year. I had both cars at the Notts show but only my saloon at the rest as it’s the ‘show’ car.

Will you be joining us at POL in April? Eight estates have now said they wish to join us & six of those are convoying in together via the M1 & M69.

Regards, Matty.

Rev Jules 15th February 2023 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattyboy (Post 2960908)
We have met on several occasions. At the Notts Classic County Show in 2022, the Mid Lincs Rover Show in July 2022 & I’m fairly sure we saw each other at either the BMC Leyland show or POL last year. I had both cars at the Notts show but only my saloon at the rest as it’s the ‘show’ car.

Will you be joining us at POL in April? Eight estates have now said they wish to join us & six of those are convoying in together via the M1 & M69.

Regards, Matty.

Hi Matty,
Humble apologies it must be an age related thing, you may put us down as TBC

Rev.

Mattyboy 28th February 2023 14:11

Update: Nine estates now & general details.

I’ve had an MG-ZT-T wish to join us from Sheffield via the facebook page. I’ve PM’d him with details of the J28 meet-up/rendezvous if he wishes to come in convoy.

Regarding said meet up I’m leaning towards pulling the times about 30mins earlier otherwise we would be getting to Longbridge late enough to get stuck queuing to get in. So meet for 7:20am to leave about 7:30am. By the time we collect Starbug on the way & allowing that I was going to convoy at 60mph to allow for stranglers to catch back up I think that will give us a 9:15-30am arrival.

I have tried to contact Gemma Cartwright but her email address didn’t work. I wanted to inform her of this little event so those not arriving with us can still be directed towards our location.

To my knowledge this makes eight Tourers & one ZT-T with three more interested cars (one ZT-T & two Tourers). I’m sure this number will drift upwards as we close on the date.

I have written up a one page document explaining the development of the Tourer derived from a 2001 ‘press’ brochure, the James Taylor book & 2001 ‘sales’ brochure. It has a diagram comparing the size & volume of the estate boot capacity with the saloon. This I will laminate & stick in the window. I will print a few extra copies off for those wishing to have one of their own.

Mattyboy 25th March 2023 10:09

Update. Important details further down.

I’ve got ten estates by my count wishing to join now, eight off facebook & two on here. I’m counting seven wishing to convoy in together.

I have messaged & emailed Gemma Cartwright plus tagged her on facebook with no response regarding a number/letter or code to park together. I really don’t think this is necessary based on previous years as it’s more an ad hoc gathering than a car show & people move around, leave for lunch etc anyway.

So…ask for the 75 club then look for the group of Tourers clustered together. I will tell her ‘Tourers on Tour’ on the day for those arriving separately & the seven of us coming on together will leave a couple of spaces in the middle for other estates to join us.

For those convoying via Brewer’s Fayre J28 Southbound of the M1. Meet time is 7:20am for leaving at 7:30am. Six cars are meeting here with a seventh joining via the M69 en route. This gives us ample time to get there and not be separated by the entry traffic.

Route is M1 south to Leicester, M69 SW to Warwick, M40 NW, M42 West into Birmingham (Longbridge) & then A roads to Crofton Park itself. Starbug is joining us on the M69 at Earl Shilton.

I will cruise at 60mph to allow stragglers time to catch up (& improve mpg!). I won’t be accelerating off hard & I’m in no rush. The idea is a leisure cruise in.

This should get us there for about 9:15am & keep us grouped together on entry.

If the others coming from the south want to join us on route via the M42/M40 please do so or if you can think of a local car park we can all gather together in before heading to Crofton Park?

Bob Williams 26th March 2023 14:15

I intend to be there with my 2003 ZT-T in BRG but will not be in convoy as I will be coming from Milton Keynes. As far as I know this is the first show my car has been to.

Briodyjl01 27th March 2023 13:44

Do we know yet where about the 75 zt area will be? me and afirth1369 will be coming in 2 early salons (s reg and v reg) but have no idea what entrance or where in the part the 75s would be.

Gregoris 5th April 2023 14:49

Hi I'll try to get there - do we need to book or just turn up at the gate? If we need to book does anyone have a link? Thanks...

Mattyboy 6th April 2023 10:50

Local rally point.

The convoy is stopping at The Oak Tree Pub car park B45 8UX on ‘Lickey Road’ for 9:15am to collect cars coming from other directions. At least one Tourer is joining us here.

We will leave at 9:30am as a group for the short drive around to the main entrance gates.

You do not need to book & Gemma (POL organiser) never gave me a clear comprehensible answer to having a number in the windscreen for a parking area. Some people are saying put No.1 REWMM (Rover Enthusiasts West Midlands Meet) as there appears to be no actual Rover 75 Club stand this year.

I think they are parking by the trees near the Gate 2 entrance but as long as we stay grouped together & arrive early I think we can just park anywhere together.

I will post a full final ‘directions’ post closer to the date with all the updates in one post.

Grey power 8th April 2023 19:57

Hi chaps,
I have a 2003 MG ZTT that is a long way away from show condition.
I bought the ZTT 4 years ago and is my only vehicle
Never been to a meeting but would be nice to see some more cars like mine..I live near Oxford.
Do I need to purchase tickets for this event?

daveo138 9th April 2023 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey power (Post 2965897)
Hi chaps,

Do I need to purchase tickets for this event?

No, it's free entry. Just turn up.

Grey power 9th April 2023 19:19

Ok thank you

JMc 9th April 2023 19:29

I will be there in my (facelift) 75 Tourer.

Not been to PoL since 2015 so looking forward to it and coming from north Worcestershire so not too far away.

elroy 11th April 2023 11:42

will try and join the convoy at jct 28 if not see you all there :}

Mattyboy 11th April 2023 17:01

7:30am departure

Quote:

Originally Posted by elroy (Post 2966128)
will try and join the convoy at jct 28 if not see you all there :}

Hello, just in case you haven’t read the whole thread we are meeting at J28 Brewer’s Fayre for 7:20am to leave at 7:30am. Hopefully see you there.

Regards,

Matty

elroy 11th April 2023 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattyboy (Post 2966168)
Hello, just in case you haven’t read the whole thread we are meeting at J28 Brewer’s Fayre for 7:20am to leave at 7:30am. Hopefully see you there.

Regards,

Matty

cheers Matty, I had missed putting Brewers Fayre on my post :duh:

Mick Brownhill 12th April 2023 17:10

Pol 2023

Looking a bit bleak for me and my 180 tourer. He has a cylinder 3 misfire. Think it is a coil so awaiting delivery of new one. Fingers crossed. May have to come in the 75 saloon.
Out of interest, have the organisers issued area numbers for us to park.

Mattyboy 14th April 2023 12:33

Gate 2 Area 1

Hello all, write No.1 on a piece of paper in your windscreen. We are using gate 2 for entry. All previous convoy instructions are the same.

Breyer’s Fayre M1 J28 southbound departure at 7:30am. Oak Tree car park for 09:15am, pick up whoever is there & then onto Colton Park.

Convoy cruising at 60mph on M1 south to M69. Starbug joining us en route by pre-arrangement & continuing on into Longbridge via Oak Tree car park.

starbug2 14th April 2023 20:27

well tomorrow is POL :}:}:}