The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The North East (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Wynyard Hall Car Show - Sunday 5th April 2020 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302146)

Fusilier 15th January 2020 10:32

Wynyard Hall Car Show - Sunday 5th April 2020

1 Attachment(s)
As a few members know, I normally organising a show at Walworth Castle each year, but due to increased costs, this is not happening this year.

However, I have been in discussions with Wynyard Hall and am arranging a new show for us at Wynyard Hall (The home of Sir John Hall, Newcastle United previous owner), and the event will take place on Sunday 5th April 2020 from 1000 hrs to 1500 hrs.

We have been granted an exclusive area outside the Walled Gardens on Hard Standing rather than on the field opposite the gardens, (between 8 and 9 on the map, https://www.wynyardhall.co.uk/the-ga...f-the-gardens/ )but there is a small cost which will be £100, and if we have around 40 members (both our Club and Durham MG Club), then it will work out at around £2.50 per car.

We can also use the café (can seat around 30+) located on site, and a example of the menu is show on the attached PDF).

Also if members wish then they can visit the gardens but they will need to pay on the day to the Farm shop (£6 per Adult and £4 per child), but this is up to members, if they wish to visit the gardens (Ticket can be used as many times as they want during the next 12 months).

At the show there will be a number of prizes donated by Durham MG Club, to the cars, expected to be around 8 in total.

Therefore if you would like to attend then can you please add your name to the list, as I need to do a lot of work to get this off the ground.

Attendance:

Actros
Blackrose and Carole
Bluejon and Silvervixen
Bri and Pink Dutchess
Durham MG Club
Fusilier
J1mbo & Frank Incensed (both Roverless:mad - so one car)
MyFirstRover
Pye81
Ssizefive
Suzublu(tbc)
Ziggy72

Regards

Stu

actros 15th January 2020 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 2786749)
As a few members know, I normally organising a show at Walworth Castle each year, but due to increased costs, this is not happening this year.

However, I have been in discussions with Wynyard Hall and am arranging a new show for us at Wynyard Hall (The home of Sir John Hall, Newcastle United previous owner), and the event will take place on Sunday 5th April 2020 from 1000 hrs to 1500 hrs.

We have been granted an exclusive area outside the Walled Gardens on Hard Standing rather than on the field opposite the gardens, (between 8 and 9 on the map, https://www.wynyardhall.co.uk/the-ga...f-the-gardens/ )but there is a small cost which will be £100, and if we have around 40 members (both our Club and Durham MG Club), then it will work out at around £2.50 per car.

We can also use the café (can seat around 30+) located on site, and a example of the menu is show on the attached PDF).

Also if members wish then they can visit the gardens but they will need to pay on the day to the Farm shop (£6 per Adult and £4 per child), but this is up to members, if they wish to visit the gardens (Ticket can be used as many times as they want during the next 12 months).

At the show there will be a number of prizes donated by Durham MG Club, to the cars, expected to be around 8 in total.

Therefore if you would like to attend then can you please add your name to the list, as I need to do a lot of work to get this off the ground.

Attendance:

Fusilier

Regards

Stu

Hi Stu I will be there mate put my name down.

Fusilier 15th January 2020 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by actros (Post 2786763)
Hi Stu I will be there mate put my name down.

Brian

Added to the list, and hopefully we will get a good turnout for the first North East Meet of 2020.

Stu

BRI 16th January 2020 06:12

The Dutchess and I will be there please Stu

Fusilier 16th January 2020 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRI (Post 2786958)
The Dutchess and I will be there please Stu

Brian

Added to the list, and not too far for you both to travel, all of 6 miles or so

Stu

pye81 17th January 2020 13:47

wynyard hall car show.

Stu.

Please put me down for this one thank you.:}

[

Fusilier 17th January 2020 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by pye81 (Post 2787291)
Stu.

Please put me down for this one thank you.:}

[

Andrew

Added to the List, and looking forward to this show, as it is a very good location in a very exclusive area of the North East, and the café and Farm shop is exceptional and great value

Stu

Fusilier 23rd January 2020 14:48

Wynyard Hall Car show

List updated to include another couple of members, and thanks to those supporting this new event, and hopefully this will get a good attendance as the more than attend the less we need to pay, if we get 50 cars attending then it will reduce the cost to £2 a car

Regards

Stu

Bluejon 26th January 2020 19:45

Bluejon & Silvervixen for this one please Stu,many thanks for arranging this new venue.

Regards.....John & Jan.

Fusilier 27th January 2020 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluejon (Post 2789271)
Bluejon & Silvervixen for this one please Stu,many thanks for arranging this new venue.

Regards.....John & Jan.

John

added to the list, and looking forward to this event

Regards

Stu

pye81 27th January 2020 17:17

Wynyard Hall car show

Evening Stu

Will we be traveling up in convoy to this one or are we just making our own way to the event.

Many thanks.

Fusilier 27th January 2020 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by pye81 (Post 2789422)
Wynyard Hall car show

Evening Stu

Will we be traveling up in convoy to this one or are we just making our own way to the event.

Many thanks.

Andrew

I know that Durham MG Club members will be meeting up at Bowburn Services, at around 0930 hrs, but maybe we could also have our own convoy, if you want, as I need to be at the venue before the majority arrive so that I can organise things, parking and directing people into the area allocated to us. I am also planning on taking my MGF to this meet.

Stu

pye81 27th January 2020 19:10

Wynyard hall car show

Stu

That would be Ideal to travel up in convoy jut let me know what time and where so we can get in early parked up ready :}

Andrew

ssizefive 3rd February 2020 17:47

Please add me to the list Stu.
Thanks
Steve.

Fusilier 4th February 2020 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssizefive (Post 2790789)
Please add me to the list Stu.
Thanks
Steve.

Steve

Added to the list and thanks for supporting

Stu

bigd 6th February 2020 21:38

Us two Stu ta

Fusilier 7th February 2020 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigd (Post 2791453)
Us two Stu ta

Derek

List and updated and many thanks for supporting

Regards

Stu

manxierover 7th February 2020 12:20

Quote:

Attendance:

Actros
Bigd and Gloria
Bluejon and Silvervixen
Bri and Pink Dutchess
Durham MG Club
Fusilier
MyFirstRover
Pye81
Ssizefive
Suzublu(tbc)
Ziggy72

Regards

Stu

Hi Stu
Hoping to make it to Wynyard as Duotone's resurrection is coming close to the finishing line.
Will update nearer the time but looking positive.
Regards
Max

Fusilier 7th February 2020 13:52

Max

Added to the list and hope that you can make it in the Duotone

Regards

Stu

Fusilier 18th February 2020 17:40

Wynyard Hall Show

I will be sending off a cheque in the next couple of days to Wynyard and so far we have 11 members from this forum and around 15 from Durham, but they are going to confirm numbers at next Months meeting, which will increase by a few I hope, so is there any more members from this forum who would like to attend, if so can you post up your name so that I have got numbers for the show, the more that attend then the cheaper it will be for all

Regards

Stuart

Frank Incensed 19th February 2020 13:06

Wynyard Hall - 20200405

Quote:

I am arranging a new show for us at Wynyard Hall. If you would like to attend then can you please add your name to the list, as I need to do a lot of work to get this off the ground.

Stu

Please add
J1mbo & Frank Incensed (both Roverless:mad - so one car)
Thanks Stu

Regards

Fusilier 19th February 2020 17:23

Frank

Thanks to both you and Jim for attending, and list updated

Stu

Blackrose 27th February 2020 09:24

Stu, add Carole and myself, probably bring both cars.

Steve

Fusilier 28th February 2020 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackrose (Post 2795758)
Stu, add Carole and myself, probably bring both cars.

Steve

Steve

Added both you and Carole to the list, be nice to catch up and of course see Carole's Car

Stu

Fusilier 3rd March 2020 12:11

Wynyard Hall Car Show

I have sent off our application form for the show, and have paid our entry fee, and very much looking forward to the show which we are holding in conjunction with Durham MG Club members, and this is open to all rover 75 and MG ZT Owners as well. Durham MG Club are also providing prizes for the best and second best Rover 75 and the best and second best MG ZT.

So when you arrive you will be presented with an envelope which will contain a voting form and a windscreen Number so that your car can be easily identified at the show. The final cost of entry will not be known until a few days before, the show, but the cost of £100 will be split between all those cars attending, so if we get 40 cars attending, then the cost will work out at £2.50 per car, and if we got 50 cars then it would be £2 per car

On site there is a fantastic café at the gardens, and the costs are very good. There is also a farm shop within the café which sells some very nice items.

On arrival at Wynyard TS22 5NF, please follow the signs for the gardens

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wy...98!4d-1.350314

This is the entrance for Wynyard Hall

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.6279...7i13312!8i6656

Many thanks

Stu

pye81 10th March 2020 15:10

Stu

What time are we setting off to go to wynyard in convoy?

Cheers Andrew

Fusilier 11th March 2020 10:58

Wynyard Hall Car show

Andrew

If you want to leave at around 0900 hrs, we could meet at same place as last time, when we went to Harrogate, or you could call round to mine.

I have sent off payment for the venue, and hopefully we can get some more members attending from our forum, as it would be nice if we could get some more members attending.

Stu

Fusilier 13th March 2020 14:23

Wynyard Hall Car Show

So far we have around 28 Cars attending this event, as I got a number of application forms from Durham MG Club, after attending the Monthly meet on Wednesday, and expecting a few more from Durham so numbers are looking good for the show organised by me on behalf on Durham MG Club and our forum, so if anybody else would like to attend then all they need to do is let me know beforehand so that I can prepare enough forms/windscreen passes for entry on the day.

So far we have:

7 x Rover 75
2 x MG ZT
1 x Morgan 4/4
1 x Porsche
1 x jaguar S Type R
1 x MG Midget
1 x MG TA
1 x MG 1300
5x MGB
8 x MGF/TF

I will be preparing the prizes in the next couple of weeks for the show, and am very much looking forward to the event.

Stu

pye81 14th March 2020 08:11

Wynyard Hall Car Show

Great stu thank you, I will meet you at cobblers hall for 9am.

I have the ZT booked in for a bit of love at Devilish Detail Darlington for a full mop and polish ceramic coating on the 30th/31st so relay looking forward to the first show of the season with a nice & shiny paint job (sick of looking at the swirl marks).

Cheers Andrew

manxierover 16th March 2020 19:27

Wynyard Meet

Hi Stu
Sorry won't be able to make this meet.
As of today if I leave the Island I will have to go into isolation for two weeks and need to avoid this if possible.
Hope you manage to run the meet.
If you need any money due to cancellation please let me know,
Regards
Max

Fusilier 18th March 2020 11:31

Wynyard Hall Show - Postponed

Due to the current situation we have had to postpone the show we were going to hold at Wynyard. We and Durham MG have quite a few older members, and Wynyard is also stopping all mass gatherings, but we hope to hold the show some time in late June or early July if the situation changes.

I apologise to all members, but the situation is beyond my control.

regards

Stuart

J1MBO 18th March 2020 11:33

Stu

Sorry but I'll not now be attending this event due to the government guidelines of not making any unnecessary journeys at present.

Hope to meet up with you again later on in the year.

Regards
Jim

Just seen Stu's post.

Fusilier 18th March 2020 11:47

Wynyard Hall Show - Postponed

Thanks Jim, and have also sent a PM to all those members who had put their name down for attendance.

Stu

myfirstrover 18th March 2020 20:05

This virus is starting to get annoying now ( apart from the traffic which seems to be a lot lighter this week ? )

Blackrose 18th March 2020 21:47

No problem Stu. Give time for Carole to polish car for later in year. :D

RPWC 19th March 2020 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 2799861)
Due to the current situation we have had to postpone the show we were going to hold at Wynyard. We and Durham MG have quite a few older members, and Wynyard is also stopping all mass gatherings, but we hope to hold the show some time in late June or early July if the situation changes.

I apologise to all members, but the situation is beyond my control.

regards

Stuart

No apologies needed Stu, it had to be done, I would imagine every club meet in the following few months will be postponed for safety reasons.