The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events and Meets (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   West of Scotland unofficial meet. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=27541)

pab 12th October 2008 18:21

West of Scotland unofficial meet.

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

following up on the silverburn thread....how many members would be interested in a small meeting..

Simondi 12th October 2008 19:47

As per Silverburn thread, yep depending on the date, count me in.

lady zed 12th October 2008 21:10

Surely i can make this one!

derekosb 12th October 2008 21:35

Hi Guys

Yep, i'm up for one, as always dependent on where and when. Anyone got any ideas for a venue? (I suppose that will depend on the make up of interested members?).

Derek

Time Searcher 12th October 2008 21:44

a serious possibility - just a matter of where and when, keep us informed, please,
Martin

WeeMan 13th October 2008 06:22

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/bliss.gif Sounds good to me!

microcat36 13th October 2008 08:14

Sounds good to me too, count me in.

WeeMan 13th October 2008 09:00

:lol: Best get a date and venue up asap, we've had interest in a meet a couple of times before but then it just dwindles.
What about at Silverburn?

Time Searcher 13th October 2008 15:12

Silverburn Shopping Centre - It's only 41 miles from me, so it is seems ok [if I have picked out the correct location on Google maps!!!;)], what's the pref., weekends only? Any time is fine by me,
Martin

derekosb 13th October 2008 16:47

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Hi there.

We have 7 possibles so far.

pab
SimonGodfrey
scooterchick
derekosb
Time Searcher
Wee Man
Microcat36

1st location suggestion is Silverburn Shopping Centre. Any other ideas?
Also, day & date? Probably best with a Sunday (Silverburn is heaving on a Saturday anyway and will only get worse as the big C approaches).

Silverburn is huge and we could probably get away with a meet in a far flung corner of the 4500 space car park. We would need to agree which far flung corner however or we may never find each other?!?!:grouphug:

First to fling a date out then: 11:00 on Sunday 2nd November. Bit of a gas, comparing of our finest, photo opportunities then some lunch and possibly shopping?

Gives us 3 weeks to organise, its after Halloween. The 9th is rememberance day and after that you are getting a little closer to the Christmas crowds.

Comments and thoughts Ladies & Gentlemen?

Derek

pab 13th October 2008 18:14

How about meeting up at Strathclyde Country Park - off M74 at Motherwell? Nice spot for photos and also there is a Toby Cavery close by.............

Regards

PAB

Time Searcher 13th October 2008 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 241457)
How about meeting up at Strathclyde Country Park - off M74 at Motherwell? Nice spot for photos and also there is a Toby Cavery close by.............

Regards

PAB

This would get my vote... don't actually know it but we pass by on our way South/North on the 74 and it always looks good to me...

Cheers,
Martin

Simondi 13th October 2008 20:55

Both venues sound good. Out of preference Silverburn would probably suit best (for the benefit of SWMBO ). Time wise afternoon would suit me best. As a suggestion for a date how about Sunday November 23rd, far enough away so that diaries can be sorted, not too close to Christmas so as to avoid the rush?

microcat36 13th October 2008 21:38

Is there somewhere to eat nearby if we wanted to go for a meal, as the thing that disappointed me with Silverburn was the lack of places to eat if you did not like sushi and everywhere was mobbed

WeeMan 13th October 2008 21:46

:p: yeah........... McDonalds, we could make it into a cruise! lol.

I'm with Simon though, Silverburn would be best for the Mrs but Strathy Parks not a bad idea either.

Simondi 13th October 2008 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by microcat36 (Post 241549)
Is there somewhere to eat nearby if we wanted to go for a meal, as the thing that disappointed me with Silverburn was the lack of places to eat if you did not like sushi and everywhere was mobbed

I have been reliably informed by the weans that there is a frankie & bennys at silverburn. And like WeeMan says here always McD's!!
We could organise a 75 parade through the drive thru:getmecoat:

lady zed 14th October 2008 07:33

There's also a Brewers Fayre 5 mins drive away, or a chinese 5 mins up the motorway at rouken glen. Silverburn would be my choice too, 10 mins from home, 5 mins (walking) from work.

derekosb 14th October 2008 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 241616)
There's also a Brewers Fayre 5 mins drive away, or a chinese 5 mins up the motorway at rouken glen. Silverburn would be my choice too, 10 mins from home, 5 mins (walking) from work.

I'm with the others in saying Silverburn as it is very handy for me as well. There is not actually a McDonalds at Silverburn (Shock!!) but there is a Pizza Hut, Frankie & Bennys, La Tasca (Tapas bar), Nando's (Piri Piri Chicken) and Yo Sushi (Yeughh....). Or if a more basic, Costa Coffee, Starbucks, Tesco Cafe and Marks & Spencer Cafe!!

http://www.silverburn.com/website/De...2-f1d27aec86cc

As Scooterchick says, there is The Hurlet (not sure if it is still a Brewers Fayre as it does not show on their website) nearby plus numerous other options within a 5-10 minute drive.

I think if we leave it until the 23rd of November we will be in amongst the Christmaas Shoppers, even on a Sunday, and parking all of us together would be very difficult.

Who would be available for the 2nd of November?

Derek

WeeMan 14th October 2008 09:47

:lol: At the moment I've every weekend free! yeehaa

bluey9 14th October 2008 13:42

I could maybe be up for it. Depneds on a few other things. Silverburn is about 3 miles from my house so I'll offer my two bob's worth.

The place has the most massive car park I've seen and is almost full to capacity on weekends. The very top end over to the left of the M&S end would be the place to go. In the very begining that part would never see any cars. I park there all the time to stay away from careless sods. It gets about half to 3/4 full now. 10-15 75s could fit in at the top end.

Hope this helps

Cheers
John

broxmeister 14th October 2008 16:07

I'm in just let me know when and where.:lol:

pab 14th October 2008 17:49

well silverburn looks to be favourite venue,well thats where the thread started and dare say will finish.think we should make something concrete .....what about 2nd november and sort out dining arrangements few nights before.lets make it happen.
best regards pab

WeeMan 14th October 2008 18:29

:p: DINING ARRANGEMENTS!............. It's a Scottish meet, we've all got flasks and pieces ;) .

Simondi 14th October 2008 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeMan (Post 241759)
:p: DINING ARRANGEMENTS!............. It's a Scottish meet, we've all got flasks and pieces ;) .

Speak for yourself, some of us have class.
A chippy and a bottle of Irn Bru will do!!!:D

Time Searcher 14th October 2008 22:20

OK for date & Silverburn for me!!!
Looking at the Google Earth map of the venue, could someone please indicate exactly where the prospective area of the car park is that you are suggesting for the meet?
BTW we have 17 Scottish based members on our 'where are you' map...
Cheers,
Martin

derekosb 15th October 2008 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time Searcher (Post 241890)
OK for date & Silverburn for me!!!
Looking at the Google Earth map of the venue, could someone please indicate exactly where the prospective area of the car park is that you are suggesting for the meet?
BTW we have 17 Scottish based members on our 'where are you' map...
Cheers,
Martin

Hi Martin

I had a look on Google Maps and it still shows the old Pollock Centre so you can safely ignore that. The new Silverburn car park is all zoned so as I live nearby I will call in tonight on my way home and see what zone the furthest corner is and post that tonight.

So, are we saying Sunday 2nd November at Silverburn (Zone in the car park to be agreed) at say 11:00 am. That gives any member from slightly further afield time to get there. We can all have a natter, admire each other's pride & joy, some photo opps and then perhaps a bite to eat (or flask & sarnies, chippy & Ba Bru) etc...

So please add your name if you can make it:

2nd Nov @ 11:00

1. Derekosb
2. Time Searcher
3. Pab
4. SimonGodfrey
5. Wee Man

All the above have said in their various replies they shoudl be okay for this date. (Please confirm otherwise if you are not btw). Is everyone else available?

Please add your name to the list. Hope to see you all there.

derek

microcat36 15th October 2008 10:09

1. Derekosb
2. Time Searcher
3. Pab
4. SimonGodfrey
5. Wee Man
6. Microcat36

lady zed 15th October 2008 15:11

1. Derekosb
2. Time Searcher
3. Pab
4. SimonGodfrey
5. Wee Man
6. Microcat36
7. Scooterchick (so long as it doesn't clash with mass at the cemetry, it's the Sunday following all souls day.)

Simondi 15th October 2008 17:26

1. Derekosb
2. Time Searcher
3. Pab
4. SimonGodfrey (will not be there untill after 1.00pm, if any one is still there!)
5. Wee Man
6. Microcat36
7. Scooterchick (so long as it doesn't clash with mass at the cemetry, it's the Sunday following all souls day.)

derekosb 15th October 2008 18:56

Hi All

The 11:00 time was only a first suggestion and may not suit all, Simon and Scooterchick having already indicated it might be an issue. Alternative time suggetsions eveyone as we are still 2 1/2 weeks away?

I checked out the Car Parks tonight. Rendezvous point should definitely be the furthest corner of the Green Car Park. It is the furthest away from the shops and is by far the quietest. Even on a Sunday it will be quiet so we should have no problems (other than security watching us on the CCTV).

Derek

pab 15th October 2008 19:17

hi

good work derek,still a few members to come forward yet and may have to shuffle things round to suit.but were on the way
best regards pab

derekosb 15th October 2008 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonGodfrey (Post 242090)

1. Derekosb
2. Time Searcher
3. Pab
4. SimonGodfrey (will not be there untill after 1.00pm, if any one is still there!)
5. Wee Man
6. Microcat36

Hi Pab.

I take it you are still okay for the 2nd then?

Come on then, anyone else in Scotland up for the 2nd?

Derek

lady zed 16th October 2008 07:19

Anyone going familiar with cleaning plenums? I'm starting to feel like I'm driving the titanic.............

derekosb 16th October 2008 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 242264)
Anyone going familiar with cleaning plenums? I'm starting to feel like I'm driving the titanic.............

Hi Anna

I have just checked your Whoosh Sloosh post and think that even if there is someone coming who is familiar with how to clean the plenum you should probably not wait another 2 weeks.

You said in an earlier post that you are only a few minutes from Silverburn so I assume I am not too far away from you (G77), (un)fortunately I have never had to clean my plenums yet so don't really know exactly what is involved. Anyone done this on their own car? How easy is it as I would be happy to have a look if it was something I could tackle?

Derek

lady zed 16th October 2008 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 242285)
Hi Anna

I have just checked your Whoosh Sloosh post and think that even if there is someone coming who is familiar with how to clean the plenum you should probably not wait another 2 weeks.

You said in an earlier post that you are only a few minutes from Silverburn so I assume I am not too far away from you (G77), (un)fortunately I have never had to clean my plenums yet so don't really know exactly what is involved. Anyone done this on their own car? How easy is it as I would be happy to have a look if it was something I could tackle?

Derek

The whooshy slooshy sound seems to have subsided, I'm guessing cos it hasn't rained since yesterday :confused: however they still need cleaned and I ain't got a clue, other than poking the holes with a wire coat hanger I'm lost........:o oh and I'm G78 so just down the road from you!

JohnDotCom 16th October 2008 16:51

Love the Latest Avatar Anna. :D

lady zed 16th October 2008 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 242399)
Love the Latest Avatar Anna. :D

Now I've learned to do it I'm like a woman posessed! There'll be a new one coming up soon! (Plus I've lost my original one).

derekosb 16th October 2008 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 242395)
The whooshy slooshy sound seems to have subsided, I'm guessing cos it hasn't rained since yesterday :confused: however they still need cleaned and I ain't got a clue, other than poking the holes with a wire coat hanger I'm lost........:o oh and I'm G78 so just down the road from you!

I was G78 myself until Feb this year!

Anyway, I suspect it will have subsided a little following your initial attempts to clear the drains when you found them caked in mud. Presumably you have made some holes to allow some water to escape?

My car is a late Mk 1 and when I got it in August (and read all these forum entries forecasting dire consequences if you don't check your plenums??) I checked the upper plenums which were fine. They look totally different to the photos in the how to guide though?

What age is your Tourer? I take it you have the drain tubes type?

I'll have a look tonight and see if I have anything that would make a good plenum clearer. Just leaving the office so will check in later.

Derek

Time Searcher 16th October 2008 18:57

I have 'done' the plenum mod on several 75 / ZTs and would be prepared to do a couple at the meet if requested. I'll bring my tools and some grommets, with some self assistance we could do about 4 in 30 mins or so. Any takers?
Martin

BTW - afternoon meet would suit me best, say 2 p.m....

pab 16th October 2008 20:03

hi martin
you can check my plenums,not sure myself
regards pab

derekosb 16th October 2008 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time Searcher (Post 242466)
I have 'done' the plenum mod on several 75 / ZTs and would be prepared to do a couple at the meet if requested. I'll bring my tools and some grommets, with some self assistance we could do about 4 in 30 mins or so. Any takers?
Martin

Hi Martin

That sounds like a good offer as, whilst I was happy to try and help Anna, I have never actually cleaned the plenums so would have been experimenting on someone else's car!! (I would have been very careful Anna, I promise!).

So long as the whooshing is not too bad and the upper plenum is empty I suppose it can wait until the 2nd?

Anyway, it would appear that an afternoon slot is looking more convenient or some.

SimonGodfrey can't make it till 1, Martin is saying 2 and Anna is TBC. I live close by so it is really not a problem for me. Had only suggested a morning slot as thought me might have eaten afterwards.

What is preference: 11:00 am or 2:00 pm?

Derek

lady zed 16th October 2008 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time Searcher (Post 242466)
Martin

Kind sir, I do believe you are the answer to a maidens prayer. I shall get out a knitting needle in the meantime. :D

lady zed 16th October 2008 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 242501)
Hi Martin

That sounds like a good offer as, whilst I was happy to try and help Anna, I have never actually cleaned the plenums so would have been experimenting on someone else's car!! (I would have been very careful Anna, I promise!).

So long as the whooshing is not too bad and the upper plenum is empty I suppose it can wait until the 2nd?

Anyway, it would appear that an afternoon slot is looking more convenient or some.

SimonGodfrey can't make it till 1, Martin is saying 2 and Anna is TBC. I live close by so it is really not a problem for me. Had only suggested a morning slot as thought me might have eaten afterwards.

Derek

I'm sure you would have been careful Derek, and I'd would have been happy to have you experiment on my car, however now we can assist a master at work! Wouldn't it be funny if we knew each other!

If you've ever had a big black hearse flash at you it would have been me, apart from 1 other on this forum (in England) I don't know of any other black tourers, so look out for me! :D

JohnDotCom 16th October 2008 20:30

If its got to wet in there Anna you will require another Pollen Filter.
Old one will be damp and start to make car smell.

lady zed 16th October 2008 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 242517)
If its got to wet in there Anna you will require another Pollen Filter.
Old one will be damp and start to make car smell.

I've noticed. I didn't connect the 2 things. Smelly car and whooshy slooshy noise, I just thought some small rodent had died under the seat, or a bigmac was decomposing..........

I'll def clean it before the meet!

Time Searcher 16th October 2008 21:01

I'll bring a couple of filters too... O.K.?
Martin;)

lady zed 16th October 2008 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time Searcher (Post 242536)
I'll bring a couple of filters too... O.K.?
Martin;)

What a guy!!!!!! Many thanks :oh you:

Time Searcher 16th October 2008 21:46

Would it be prudent to inform the Silverburn Security people that we are meeting in the car park? I shall be bringing my toolbox, drill stand [you'll see why later;)] and a waste bucket to do the Plenum mods. It might be better to warn them that we are a bona fide group and not a 'fly workshop', rather than be ejected.
Martin

Simondi 17th October 2008 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 242501)
Hi Martin

Derek

2.00 pm would be best for me:chat:

WeeMan 17th October 2008 08:21

:bowdown: I'd love the mod for the plenums if your taking bookings!. I'll also bring along draining rod I bought and also have reset tool for service/oil light if anyone wants a shot, I'll bring it aswell. :lol:

derekosb 17th October 2008 09:54

Hi Wee Man

I take it that means you can make the alternative time of 2:00 pm?

Derek

WeeMan 17th October 2008 11:09

:lol:Yep, 2pm's fine by me.

derekosb 17th October 2008 11:40

New Time

Okay everyone. It would appear we have a new time to confirm.

Can everyone please add their name to the list below to confirm that you are able to attend our little "Unofficial Meet".

Sunday 2nd November 2008 - 2:00 pm in the rear corner of the "GREEN" car park at Silverburn Shopping Centre, Junction 2, M77, Glasgow.:grouphug:

1. Derekosb
2. pab
3. Wee Man
4. Time Searcher
5. SimonGodfrey
6. Scooterchick (subject to not clashing with Mass, TBC?)
7. microcat36

Bluey9 and broxmeister, hope you can also make it?:lol:

How about any other Scottish Members? Must be some more people in the vacinity? Let's hear from you and hopefully you can all join in.

Derek

pab 17th October 2008 20:41

great job derek,lookiing forward to the meet..........anymore takers
pab

derekosb 18th October 2008 22:28

Hi all.

I was at Silverburn today and spotted a poster advertising a monthly "Farmers Market".

Guess where it is held?

The GREEN car park!!

Thankfully it is on the last Sunday of the month so will be the week before our planned meet. Whew.....

Come on all the Scottish members, join in.

Derek

lady zed 18th October 2008 22:51

Hi Derek,

Is that your reg n your sig? If so, I've def seen that car about!

derekosb 18th October 2008 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 243184)
Hi Derek,

Is that your reg n your sig? If so, I've def seen that car about!

Hi Anna,

Yes, that's my plate, only put it on the car a few weeks ago. Used to be on my Vectra (so boring.......) and my wife had it on her Megane before that. (Want to get the smiley D plate as soon as I can).

Well now you will know me if you see my car and as your black tourer seems to be pretty rare I should have no trouble spotting you around!! Will flash my lights if I see you before the 2nd.

Derek

pab 19th October 2008 09:00

hi derek
your number was regd aug.1983 by bolton bc
you do need the profile plate on the 75.see you all soon
regards pab

Poseidon_Tourer 19th October 2008 15:36

We might be able to pop along to this as well, time permitting, cars got its MOT next month and i need to get the numerous faults sorted out on it. :(

Airbag Light
Rough Idling
Knocking sound when turning wheel at slow speeds.

pab 19th October 2008 15:54

sure members on here will give you advice on your concerns
regards pab

lady zed 19th October 2008 16:28

Mass is at 2pm and as my dad died in Jun and is buried there I really have to go to it, so it'll be 3pm roughly before I get there, I reckon yooz'll still be there?

pab 19th October 2008 16:54

should think so,a few mods to be done on cars.....i should still be there anyway! hope the weather holds up(how boring)
regards pab

JohnDotCom 19th October 2008 17:54

Don't forget with the Clocks having changed by then it will be getting Dark up there in Bonny Scotland. :getmecoat:

Time Searcher 19th October 2008 19:31

;) Do you know... it happens at about this time every year... we may just have factored this in :D but thanks for the reminder :)
Cheers, Martin [ex Brynford, Clwyd]

derekosb 19th October 2008 19:49

Sunday 2nd November 2008 - 2:00 pm in the rear corner of the "GREEN" car park at Silverburn Shopping Centre, Junction 2, M77, Glasgow.:grouphug:

1. Derekosb - 75 Sal CDTi Conn SE (Silver)
2. pab - 75 Sal 1.8 Conn SE (Silver)
3. Wee Man - MG ZT-T (Silver)
4. Time Searcher - MG ZT-T+ 120 (X-Power Grey)
5. SimonGodfrey - 75 Sal 1.8 Classic SE (Blue)
6. Scooterchick (from about 3:00 pm) - 75 Tourer CDT Club (Black)
7. microcat36 - 75 Sal 2.5 V6 Conn (Arran White)
8. Poseidon Tourer (poss?) - 75 Tourer CDTi Contemp SE (Chromactive?)
9. broxmeister (confirmed via PM) - 75 Sal CDT Conn (Silver)

Bluey9, hope you can also make it?:lol:

Still plenty of other Scottish Members out there. Hope to hear from you.

Derek

bluey9 20th October 2008 15:57

Not sure if I'll make it as we have visitors coming up from Devon that weekend. Why people want to come from Devon to Glasgow in November is beyond me. I won't say a definite "No" but I'd have to put it at doubtful. Anna, if you're in the Clarkston/ Newton Mearns area it may be my plate you've seen...... J20 CBM.

I've done my plenums but I'm "haunless" and would be even more nervous messing about with someone else's car.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and if I can't make it I hope you all have a great time.

Cheers
John

derekosb 21st October 2008 16:03

Update

Bluey 9 has rated himself as doubtful and Gerfix cannot make it on that day. Anyone else available on the 2nd?

Derek

microcat36 22nd October 2008 08:23

I will definitely be there, started another weeks treatment yesterday, but the hospital given me the OK for that weekend, so i am looking forward to it.:lol:

bluey9 22nd October 2008 09:29

Wahey..... looks like there are some plus points to getting auld and daft. Got my weeks mixed up. The visitors are coming up the following week so I should be able to pop down.

Anyway, roll on the second. See you then.

Cheers
John

derekosb 22nd October 2008 10:00

10. bluey 9 - 75 Sal CDT Conn (White Gold)

Excellent bluey9 and microcat confirmed. Poseidon Tourer, how is it looking for you? Any other Scottish members out there? Come and join in. Look forward to meeting everyone on the 2nd. Derek

lady zed 24th October 2008 18:34

Ooh 9 days to go, looking forward to it! :D

Rosebank 24th October 2008 20:40

Count me in!!!

Hello Derek

Have just returned from the R75 Holland meet and an extended driving tour of North Europe so must apologise for late entry. However, delighted to join in and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Regards,
Tom

pab 24th October 2008 21:25

do you know your about two minutes away from me.... reg no j30 ear
regards pab

lady zed 24th October 2008 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 244967)
do you know your about two minutes away from me.... reg no j30 ear
regards pab

Who's about 2 mins away?

pab 24th October 2008 21:51

sorry.....ment rosebank
pab
how are you?

derekosb 24th October 2008 22:47

11. Rosebank - 75 Tourer CDTi Conn SE (Odyssey Blue)

Hi Tom

No apology required, just delighted you can make it along and you can tell us all about the International Meet! Looking forward to meeting everyone. Let's just hope we get decent weather and don't have to run for cover. There is a multi-storey car park but I think it may be a little busy to park 9 Rovers and 2 MGs together!:grouphug:

Derek

Simondi 26th October 2008 00:09

Well here we are then a week to go.

Fingers crossed the weather is better than todays or else it will be a regatta instead of a club meet!!

pab 26th October 2008 13:05

yes lets hope the weather holds up for the meet.looking forward to it,and will give my new camara a go
regards pab

derekosb 28th October 2008 08:14

Any more Scottish Members out there? Hope you can make it and looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

Derek

Kandyman 28th October 2008 17:46

Sunday 2nd November 2008 - 2:00 pm in the rear corner of the "GREEN" car park at Silverburn Shopping Centre, Junction 2, M77, Glasgow.

Shame this was not last weekend i would of been up for it :)

Hope the weather holds off and you get some good pictures of Scooterchick. errr i mean the car ;)

derekosb 28th October 2008 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kandyman (Post 246240)

Shame this was not last weekend i would of been up for it :)

Hope the weather holds off and you get some good pictures of Scooterchick. errr i mean the car ;)

Hi Kandyman

I noticed your post in the thread that spawned this meet saying you were going to be in Fife last week. Sorry you are not still in the area but we will all have cameras no doubt so we will post some pictures next week.

I'll leave Anna to answer your final point.........

Derek

lady zed 28th October 2008 21:38

No thanks re pics, I'm afraid my beauty queen days are over, a kiddie and 4 stone later, things ain't lookin good. :p:

Yella Fella 29th October 2008 09:11

Hi folks,

just noticed this tread this moring so it's a tad late to for me to change plans and join in this Sunday.

Great to see like minded people getting together and hope you have a great meet. I'll keep my eyes open for future meetings.

GL3NN
http://mg-freedom.proboards83.com/index.cgi

derekosb 30th October 2008 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by GL3NN (Post 246420)
Hi folks,

just noticed this tread this moring so it's a tad late to for me to change plans and join in this Sunday.

Great to see like minded people getting together and hope you have a great meet. I'll keep my eyes open for future meetings.

GL3NN

Hi Glenn

Shame you can't join us, the more the merrier! Anyone else up for it? Only 2 days to go. See you on Sunday to anyone who can make it.

Derek

derekosb 31st October 2008 09:31

Well, it is the Friday before the meet so bumpty bump.....

Any more Scottish members out there for this Sunday? Poseidon Tourer, are you able to make it?

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

Derek

lady zed 31st October 2008 14:22

Ooh all excited!!! BTW was anyone travelling through Darnley yesterday? Was sure I seen a plate *20 going past matalan but I was stuck at lights at the Indian and didn't want to give chase.

derekosb 31st October 2008 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 247151)
Ooh all excited!!! BTW was anyone travelling through Darnley yesterday? Was sure I seen a plate *20 going past matalan but I was stuck at lights at the Indian and didn't want to give chase.

Hi Anna.

Not me. I was in Stevenston all day (at work, yawnnnn) and came home through Barrhead up the Irvine Road (about 6:45).

It was maybe the other member in the area who posted thinking you had maybe seen his car. His was J20 something was it not?

Anyway, catch up with you on Sunday. You still expecting to be about 3:00?

Derek

pab 31st October 2008 18:59

so we are not far away from the meet,it was me that started all this off by finding a flyer behind my windscreen wiper,and after placing athread on this,scooterchick came forward.like to thank derek for keeping it all going and looking forward to seeing you all sunday afternoon
best regards pab

actros 31st October 2008 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 247307)
so we are not far away from the meet,it was me that started all this off by finding a flyer behind my windscreen wiper,and after placing athread on this,scooterchick came forward.like to thank derek for keeping it all going and looking forward to seeing you all sunday afternoon
best regards pab

your name would look better in RED so come on help the club .

pab 31st October 2008 20:19

supose your right 'mr club marshal' assist me to sign on the dotted line
great club,with respect pab

JohnDotCom 31st October 2008 20:23

Just click on the Subscribe button at top of any page.
£3 for a years wonderful membership.

actros 31st October 2008 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 247354)
supose your right 'mr club marshal' assist me to sign on the dotted line
great club,with respect pab

Just click on the subscribe button and your name will turn red,

JohnDotCom 31st October 2008 20:35

You have to be quicker than that Bri :D

Simondi 1st November 2008 06:45

And the forcast for tomorrow is................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........

Cloudy but NO RAIN

:party:

JohnDotCom 1st November 2008 07:55

Have a great Day Sunday Everyone and don't forget plenty of Photo's. :D

WeeMan 1st November 2008 12:26

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/cancan.gif WHOOPEE!!...thanks JDC! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/cancan.gif

Simondi 1st November 2008 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeMan (Post 247531)

Err, are you going to the same place as us??:D

lady zed 1st November 2008 14:53

How will we recognise each other? :p:

sworks 1st November 2008 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 247570)

why not all turn up in either a 75 or ZT :getmecoat:

Have a good day and take plenty of pics

pab 1st November 2008 17:26

you won't miss me..........
pab

actros 1st November 2008 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 247620)
you won't miss me..........
pab

Thanks Pad you have turned RED. well done:bowdown:

pab 1st November 2008 17:41

you don't miss a trick.......and me wait till they here my posh accent
regards pab

WeeMan 1st November 2008 19:12

Quote:

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/121fs725372.gif oh....we'll recognise each other! lol

microcat36 1st November 2008 19:36

Hi folks
Unfortunately microcat will not be able to go tomorrow, he did not get on with this weeks new treatment and has had to go back into hospital, he is hacked of at not getting to the meet, but i told him there will be others.
Apologies and thanks Jan.

lady zed 1st November 2008 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by microcat36 (Post 247688)
Hi folks
Unfortunately microcat will not be able to go tomorrow, he did not get on with this weeks new treatment and has had to go back into hospital, he is hacked of at not getting to the meet, but i told him there will be others.

Sorry to hear that Jan, please pass on our best regards x

Kandyman 1st November 2008 19:44

Thanks for leting us know Jan,
Pass on our best to colin.

Simondi 1st November 2008 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by microcat36 (Post 247688)
Hi folks

Really sorry to hear that please pass on my best wishes.
We'll ake sure there are plenty of pictures posted.

Simondi 1st November 2008 20:00

Quote:

I will have a red carnation and a rolled up copy of the Financial Times:pillow:

derekosb 2nd November 2008 12:05

7. microcat36 - Unfortunately ill (we all wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you at the next one!) 8. Poseidon Tourer (poss?) - 75 Tourer CDTi Contemp SE (Chromactive?)
9. broxmeister (Advised he will be a little late as has been called in to work) - 75 Sal CDT Conn (Silver) 10. bluey 9 - 75 Sal CDT Conn (White Gold)

One hour to go and I don't think we could have asked for a better day. Looks like we should have 7 of us at 2:00 with a further two arriving late (Scooterchick & broxmeister). Poseidon Tourer will hopefully make it as well.

See you all at Silverburn (any other members still welcome).

Derek

Kandyman 2nd November 2008 14:39

Don't forget to add any pictures.

Hope you all had fun :)

lady zed 2nd November 2008 16:14

Just back, was great to meet you all and special thanks to Martin (timesearcher) who unblocked my plenums and caused a mini flood! Plenty of pics to follow. Great afternoon, looking forward to the next! :D

pab 2nd November 2008 17:18

i would also like to than timesearcher for the modifiction that he did on our cars,could not believe the amount of water that flowed out
of mine,not as much as scooterchicks..... like to thank martin,he's a true gent
best regards pab

WeeMan 2nd November 2008 17:25

:bowdown: As above!, thanks Timesearcher for doing the mod, what a hero. Great to meet you all and see a great collection of well cared for cars, as I said at meet.......I forgot my camera :mad: , when I got home my son said "why didn't you just use your phone?"......DOH! lol

derekosb 2nd November 2008 18:27

Hi all.

Just back from Dinner at Pizza Hut with the wife & kids. Once they are in bed I will get some photos posted.

Excellent to meet everyone and especial thanks to Martin (timesearcher) who went well above and beyond. Top Top man.

We were rather blessed with the weather and hopefully we can do this again, perhaps bigger next time.

Derek

bluey9 2nd November 2008 18:52

Glad to have met some of the faces that go with the names today, nice bunch of guys (and gal, for the 2 secs when we said Hi). Good weather and some fine looking cars. Sorry I couldn't stay longer. Just got finished painting the bathroom, only the hallway to do now. Hope Martin's ok after his tumble into the bushes. Glad you weren't hurt...... but it was hilarious. I never realised how lucky I was with all the wee toys I got with the car I have. Some really knowledgable people there today.

Til the next time.

John

Simondi 2nd November 2008 19:36

Just back in, what a great afternoon. Martin you are a true gent.
Heres some photos for from the day

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...f/DSCF1964.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...f/DSCF1957.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...f/DSCF1959.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...f/DSCF1955.jpg

And as for Scooterchicks plenums

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...f/DSCF1970.jpg

Thats Martin, not Anna!!

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...f/DSCF1974.jpg

And a reminder to check these things out! One new and one slightly used filter!!

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...f/DSCF1976.jpg

A cracking day out, great to meet you all and heres to the next meet.

Simon

Kandyman 2nd November 2008 22:22

Looks like a good turn out :)

Well done to timesearcher for been a true gent and fixing chicks plenums

derekosb 3rd November 2008 16:10

A few more photos from Sunday.

Scooterchick was not the only one to benefit from a plenum check. Witness what came out of pab's when Martin first arrived.

http://s440.photobucket.com/albums/q...b/P1010329.jpg

That's your plenum Anna!

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...b/P1010350.jpg

A group shot - 7 in the early arrivals

http://s440.photobucket.com/albums/q...b/P1010338.jpg

Another group shot (in an arc - 1 75 Tourer, 4 75 Sal, 2 MG ZT-T)

http://s440.photobucket.com/albums/q...b/P1010342.jpg

pab 3rd November 2008 20:14

the best way to spend a sunday afternoon,great people,great cars.think we should do it again.can't get over the water that came out of my car............
best regards pab

p5tgc 4th November 2008 14:17

Scottish All Rover Rally 2009

Following the success of this initial gathering, may I suggest members in Scotland start planning a club presence at the 2009 Scottish All Rover Rally?

This will again be at Thirlestane Castle at Lauder, over the weekend of May 23 / 24, with the main static show being held on the Sunday. The 2008 event was a great success, and having a posse of 75s & ZTs would help ensure an even better event in 2009.

Anyone wanting to act as club marshal / organiser can contact the SARR event secretary at [email protected]

microcat36 5th November 2008 15:15

Sorry to have missed this as it looks like it was a great day, i was really hacked of as i was looking forward to it, thanks to the staff at SRI, who were great as usual, i am just glad to be home.

derekosb 5th November 2008 15:56

Hi Microcat.

It was a shame you couldn't make it, but your health is obvioulsy more important.

Hope you are now doing well, and hopefully we will do this again so you can make the next one!

Derek