The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Moderator annual election seems good idea to me (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=86802)

Departed 32016 18th June 2011 17:51

Moderator annual election seems good idea to me

Occasionally there are disagreements with moderators on here- whilst I understand not everyone will get on with each other- why don't we have an annual mod / regional director election? Just a thought but would be good I think?

James.uk 18th June 2011 18:00

Nice idea in theory, but, in reality, not many people have either the time, knowledge, experience, or temperament to be a good moderator... :o

Can you imagine me as a MOD? lol.. I would be sending out sympathy cards to all 1.8 owners and giving directions to specsavers to the faceache owners. lmho :D :D :D

Zeb 18th June 2011 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieranswood (Post 743879)
Occasionally there are disagreements with moderators on here- whilst I understand not everyone will get on with each other- why don't we have an annual mod / regional director election? Just a thought but would be good I think?

Please do not damage the illusion that we have a say about how things are done by suggesting ideas that test this widely held supposition...remember this is a limited company.. :}

chrissyboy 18th June 2011 19:52

why change a winnig formula,companys do that and go down the pan .the way the club is run is working so why not leave as it is ... ok a few blips now and then but im sure things are learnt from them ...

MangoMan 18th June 2011 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissyboy (Post 743963)
why change a winnig formula,ok a few blips now and then but im sure things are learnt from them ...

Yeah, keep a stronger reign on things in future........ :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

wraymond 18th June 2011 20:37

I believe the mods do an almost thankless job. After just over a year on here I've sought and been given advice by present mods, always by return, always sound. I have also borne in mind the sheer weight of numbers of members the mods have to deal with, let alone the tech experience needed. So what if, rarely, there seems to be areas where members might not necessarily agree with 'decisions made on their behalf'. They are 'Moderators' and by definition they will moderate, not arbitrate.
If anyone feels unfairly treated there are more senior levels to explore to reach a settlement. How democratic do we want it to be? If it aint broke......

damienp 18th June 2011 20:45

So then OP, are you putting your name in the hat to be elected :shrug::D

Jakg 18th June 2011 20:46

Not new elections, it's a re-election i'd like...

River Clyde Connie 18th June 2011 20:49

All good election campaigns need a theme song. This is my suggestion.

You can even watch this video with the sound muted. :drool4::drool4::drool4::D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEnz3r2F-Bw

damienp 18th June 2011 20:51

It doesn't matter WHO is a moderator, because a mod is a mod. Basically, you'll end up back where you are wouldn't you, so what's the point :shrug:

River Clyde Connie 18th June 2011 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by damienp (Post 744022)
It doesn't matter WHO is a moderator, because a mod is a mod. Basically, you'll end up back where you are wouldn't you, so what's the point :shrug:

:D:D:D:D
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/a...aeLaw/mods.jpg

River Clyde Connie 18th June 2011 20:58

A mod going to a meet. :D:D

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/a...aeLaw/mod2.jpg

damienp 18th June 2011 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by River Clyde Connie (Post 744026)

Good one. Beats going in a diesel. :getmecoat:

River Clyde Connie 18th June 2011 20:59

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmoderator.jpg

River Clyde Connie 18th June 2011 21:01

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/a...moderator2.jpg

damienp 18th June 2011 21:01

What is it - slag a mod week or what. What's up, have they been fiddling the expenses :shrug:

River Clyde Connie 18th June 2011 21:02

These images are great lol.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/a...readclosed.jpg

COLVERT 18th June 2011 21:03

A mod a mod a mod a mod that's what I want to be.

From the time I first discovered them they've fascinated me.

They 'pick you up', they 'put you down' they tell you 'this and that'

But when you try to 'answer back' they have you 'on the mat'.

This 'thing' of power put in my hand

to tell someone, 'NO, you've been banned'.

I've hinted, ranted, even squinted, I guess I must be thick.

I'd change my name to Pabby if that would do the trick.

So on I go my weary way without a hope in hell

but Mods if you select me I promise not to tell. Lol. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Colvert. :p::p::p:

:smilie_re:He went that way. :D

River Clyde Connie 18th June 2011 21:03

And for the mods who do their job well.....

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/a...aeLaw/mod1.jpg

damienp 18th June 2011 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by River Clyde Connie (Post 744039)
And for the mods who do their job well.....

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/a...aeLaw/mod1.jpg

suck up lol ;):D

GT Courier 18th June 2011 21:08

If this thread is a feeble attempt to start a democracy, why isnt it a polled thread?

damienp 18th June 2011 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT Courier (Post 744044)
If this thread is a feeble attempt to start a democracy, why isnt it a polled thread?

Do you mean we need a referendum? Hands up those that want a referendum for a referendum lol

GT Courier 18th June 2011 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by damienp (Post 744046)
Do you mean we need a referendum? Hands up those that want a referendum for a referendum lol

That would be a good idea and there is not much on the goggle box tonight!

Reebs 18th June 2011 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by River Clyde Connie (Post 744030)

John how did you get that picture of me? :o

Poppy 18th June 2011 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 744035)
A mod a mod a mod a mod that's what I want to be.

From the time I first discovered them they've fascinated me.

They 'pick you up', they 'put you down' they tell you 'this and that'

But when you try to 'answer back' they have you 'on the mat'.

This 'thing' of power put in my hand

to tell someone, 'NO, you've been banned'.

I've hinted, ranted, even squinted, I guess I must be thick.

I'd change my name to Pabby if that would do the trick.

So on I go my weary way without a hope in hell

but Mods if you select me I promise not to tell. Lol. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Colvert. :p::p::p:

:smilie_re:He went that way. :D

:eek::eek::eek::eek::wot: Where on earth did that come from....Certainly your best effort to date John... You been practising.??:shrug::D

FLYER 18th June 2011 21:22

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/...son/lobby5.jpgi want somebody like this mother .:D

Poppy 18th June 2011 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 744058)
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/...son/lobby5.jpgi want somebody like this mother .:D

Oooooh Looks a bit strict to me George.... Does he have hand cuffs.??:getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat:;):D:D:D: D:D

Robson Rover Repair 18th June 2011 21:25

I feel the MOD team does a great job at being independent currently, I cant see the benefit of such activities.

I would much rather see everyone vote on something like should everyone be aloud to see the "club spending and financial report annually" etc so people can see how their 10 a year is spent running the club and so on.

Sounds daft, but every none profit owners club ive ever been in has done it and I think that would be a much better thing for the members to be focusing on IMO.

Beside the Regional Secretary vote will be coming up again shortly so vote for representation in your area which counts for much more at the end of the day.

GT Courier 18th June 2011 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 744062)
I would much rather see everyone vote on something like should everyone be aloud to see the "club spending and financial report annually" etc so people can see how their 10 a year is spent running the club and so on.

Thought this was a Ltd company? If so then you can already do this...

FLYER 18th June 2011 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy (Post 744060)
Oooooh Looks a bit strict to me George.... Does he have hand cuffs.??:getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat:;):D:D:D: D:D

handcuffs eh ???? .

i knew you were kinky .:drool4::D

River Clyde Connie 18th June 2011 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reebs (Post 744053)
John how did you get that picture of me? :o

LOL you're a bit old for sniffing glue now, aren't ye? :D:D

Robson Rover Repair 18th June 2011 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT Courier (Post 744063)
Thought this was a Ltd company? If so then you can already do this...

I have no clue about that kind of thing. I was using it as an example.

ardvark 18th June 2011 21:30

As far as I can see the "mods" we have currently have done us a great service. I've had my wrists slapped a few times over the last year and it was all done discreetly and points were taken. One thing I thought was a bit over the top was the banning of certain I thought key members from our forum for a differance of opinion. Take privileges away maybe but not banning. I dare say mistakes have been made over this past year but if lessons were learnt then why not keep the "mods" we have UNLESS someone wants to stand down that is.

FLYER 18th June 2011 21:37

It's a bit like being a football referee really , they apply the rules and dont always call it right , it's a job that needs doing and as far as i can see a thankless one .
All life is here , people from differant walks of life and everyone with their own opinion .
All in all it,s a fine forum and well run.

I dont think nominating or putting yourself up as a mod would work .

All i ask of moderation is it's done fairly .:D

COLVERT 18th June 2011 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy (Post 744055)
:eek::eek::eek::eek::wot: Where on earth did that come from....Certainly your best effort to date John... You been practising.??:shrug::D

Well George was easy but I have to compete against River Clyde Connie now. Lol.
Different league altogether though I seem to have made him go Silent a bit Lol.

Colv.

Maybe all those double meanings made him realize he can win !!!

Subtle, or what ??????

( Maybe too subtle ??? )

COLVERT 18th June 2011 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy (Post 744060)
Oooooh Looks a bit strict to me George.... Does he have hand cuffs ?.??:getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat:;):D:D:D:D:D

Well pops if you are that desperate I can probably rustle up a set. :drool4::drool4::drool4:

Ooooops, what am I saying. The kids are watching. Lol. ;););)

River Clyde Connie 18th June 2011 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 744088)
Well George was easy but I have to compete against River Clyde Connie now. Lol.
Different league altogether though I seem to have made him go Silent a bit Lol.

Colv.

Maybe all those double meanings made him realize he can win !!!

Subtle, or what ??????

( Maybe too subtle ??? )

Sorry mate, the mods haver told me that I'm only allowed one proper good poem per week on the forum. :shrug::D

Poppy 18th June 2011 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 744098)
Well pops if you are that desperate I can probably rustle up a set. :drool4::drool4::drool4:

Ooooops, what am I saying. The kids are watching. Lol. ;););)

Tut tut tut....All 5 and under, PLEASE DISREGARD THAT LAST COMMENT...:mad::shrug:

River Clyde Connie 18th June 2011 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy (Post 744103)
Tut tut tut....All 5 and under, PLEASE DISREGARD THAT LAST COMMENT...:mad::shrug:

It's cool Poppy, the cartoon networks don't finish until 11pm so we've a few minutes before the kids log on.;)

Poppy 18th June 2011 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by River Clyde Connie (Post 744107)
It's cool Poppy, the cartoon networks don't finish until 11pm so we've a few minutes before the kids log on.;)

Thank God for that....... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Robson Rover Repair 18th June 2011 21:56

The spam in this thread is frankly embarrassing.

Take it to PM's please folks or back on subject.

River Clyde Connie 18th June 2011 21:59

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/a...aeLaw/spam.jpg

Villa Villan 18th June 2011 22:09

There is nowt wrong with the MOD team on here, they are a well and good bunch... Leave well alone is my decision...They are doing a grand job.

Cheers
Tony

Reebs 18th June 2011 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villa Villan (Post 744140)
There is nowt wrong with the MOD team on here, they are a well and good bunch... Leave well alone is my decision...They are doing a grand job.

Cheers
Tony

Thank you Tony, that's much appreciated. :}

River Clyde Connie 18th June 2011 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reebs (Post 744159)

Heh, I'm not saying nowt about no mods, all seem fine to me.;)

I'm just spreading my musical indulgences, and spam. (Apparently :D:D:D:getmecoat:)

Poppy 18th June 2011 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reebs (Post 744159)

Hiya Paul..... I think that most people would agree with that.....But i think that it is one instance in particular that folk are not happy with.? :shrug:

Departed 32016 18th June 2011 22:22

This thread was not started to say the current mods were doing a bad job it was purely started as an input to see if anyone shared my idea? Bit surprised to see nearly 40 odd replies of pure spam and not 1 mod asking to get back topic!

COLVERT 18th June 2011 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieranswood (Post 744168)
This thread was not started to say the current mods were doing a bad job it was purely started as an input to see if anyone shared my idea? Bit surprised to see nearly 40 odd replies of pure spam and not 1 mod asking to get back topic!

Hope you didn't think my carefully worked out and worded POEM was SPAM !!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I just LOVE those MODS. Lol :p::p::p:

Reebs 18th June 2011 22:33

Quote:

Apologies Kieran, you're quite right. Can I respectfully request members to refrain from contributing less than relevant material to this and other threads. Especially those not contained in the social section.

Thank you.

Poppy 18th June 2011 22:34

Quote:

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Villa Villan 18th June 2011 23:02

Quote:

Fair comment fella however this thread was starting to look like a bit of a Mod bashing thread :D, I love my rock music, Angus Young rules ;).

Cheers
Tony

Poppy 18th June 2011 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villa Villan (Post 744200)
Fair comment fella however this thread was starting to look like a bit of a Mod bashing thread :D, I love my rock music, Angus Young rules ;).

Cheers
Tony

Hiya.... Should that not read.." A bad day at the office" in relation to yesterdays decision taken by the moderators on here.? :shrug::shrug:

Villa Villan 18th June 2011 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy (Post 744203)
Hiya.... Should that not read.." A bad day at the office" in relation to yesterdays decision taken by the moderators on here.? :shrug::shrug:

Another day and all that I think Poppy. Let's not try and unwrap what has been opened already ;).

Cheers
Tony

Poppy 18th June 2011 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villa Villan (Post 744213)
Another day and all that I think Poppy. Let's not try and unwrap what has been opened already ;).

Cheers
Tony

Sorry, but as it is already opened, then it is for view isn't it.?

Robson Rover Repair 18th June 2011 23:27

Poppy with respect, for someone to rack up the amount of posts you have in the short time you have used this site is beyond me. An average of 14 posts a day doesnt sound like a lot but when ive been here into my third year and imaverage 2 posts per day.

You spend time mixing up (which your doing again here) and spaming threads constantly and are repeating you mistakes from "other sites" again.

damienp 18th June 2011 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy (Post 744216)
Sorry, but as it is already opened, then it is for view isn't it.?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::getmecoat:

Poppy 18th June 2011 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 744221)
Poppy with respect, for someone to rack up the amount of posts you have in the short time you have used this site is beyond me. An average of 14 posts a day doesnt sound like a lot but when ive been here into my third year and imaverage 2 posts per day.

You spend time mixing up (which your doing again here) and spaming threads constantly and are repeating you mistakes from "other sites" again.

Hiya. You have your opinion of me... Your prerogative.... Maybe i am just a more social animal than you.??? Is it just me that you are counting....? To be honest, if we all posted as little.... Would not be worth coming on here would it....:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::s hrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::D

damienp 18th June 2011 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 744221)

With respect colin, that should have been a pm :getmecoat:

Robson Rover Repair 18th June 2011 23:36

I have no opinion on you poppy as I have no dealings with you personally.

As for counting, no, but I click the "new posts" whenever ive been offline and it shows everything there. Additionally post count is visible beside each post.

Poppy 18th June 2011 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 744227)
I have no opinion on you poppy as I have no dealings with you personally.

As for counting, no, but I click the "new posts" whenever ive been offline and it shows everything there. Additionally post count is visible beside each post.

Hm.... Maybe i shall have to be careful then and watch my ps & qs if i am being watched...

kissifer1972 18th June 2011 23:42

Colin your reference to Poppy's mistakes made on 'other sites' would indicate you clearly do have an opinion of her

Thomas 18th June 2011 23:43

Ok people you have already been asked to keep it on thread, please continue to do so.

Robson Rover Repair 18th June 2011 23:44

Actually if you just look at someones profile it shows you that kissifer.

Poppy 18th June 2011 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissifer1972 (Post 744231)
Colin it is obvious to everyone you have to have done more than a little maths to ascertain Poppy has made 14 posts a day - for that you would have had to work out how many days she has been a member as well as then dividing the number of posts she has made by that same result.

Seems you have quite an interest in her to go to those lengths...

Also your reference to 'other sites' would indicate you clearly do have an opinion of her

THANK YOU FOR THAT.... I HAD A RESERVATION ABOUT BRINGING THAT TOPIC UP...... BUT..... WELL, NOW YOU HAVE.... MAYBE AN ANSWER WILL BE FORTHCOMING...:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:: shrug::shrug:

Rolled1 18th June 2011 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissifer1972 (Post 744231)
Colin it is obvious to everyone you have to have done more than a little maths to ascertain Poppy has made 14 posts a day - for that you would have had to work out how many days she has been a member as well as then dividing the number of posts she has made by that same result.

Seems you have quite an interest in her to go to those lengths...

Also your reference to 'other sites' would indicate you clearly do have an opinion of her

1.21 posts per day, its available in 2 seconds by clicking on your name and then statistics ;-)

kissifer1972 18th June 2011 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 744234)
Actually if you just look at someones profile it shows you that kissifer.

I had realised that.... and edited my post accordingly - obviously whilst you were writing your reply

Poppy 18th June 2011 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 744233)
Ok people you have already been asked to keep it on thread, please continue to do so.

Who has taken this off thread then Thomas.?

Martynp 18th June 2011 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by damienp (Post 744225)
With respect colin, that should have been a pm :getmecoat:

Totaly agree, if you have an issue with someone then it should be done privately----- behind closed doors---ie PM:(

Edit---I see little point in having elections for moderators.
With so many members, it would be an almost impossible task to select the correct persons.
Personaly I feel the Mods on this forum generaly carry out a first class function

Thomas 18th June 2011 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy (Post 744238)
Who has taken this off thread then Thomas.?

Poppy this is aimed at everyone, so for the third time please can we keep this thread on topic.

Poppy 18th June 2011 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martynp (Post 744239)
Totaly agree, if you have an issue with someone then it should be done privately----- behind closed doors---ie PM:(

Hiya Martyn. Thank you for that. Well, seems that Colin certainly does have an issue with me .... I am open to debate in a pm sense as long it is right and proper... Poppy

Poppy 18th June 2011 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 744240)
Poppy this is aimed at everyone, so for the third time please can we keep this thread on topic.

Okay the Thomas... Can i be a mod please.? ;)

Robson Rover Repair 18th June 2011 23:51

No I dont feel it should have been sent private in this case, as it might have been seen as bullying or harassment by a club representative which was NOT my goal.

This is my final public post on the subject.

Poppy 18th June 2011 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 744243)
No I dont feel it should have been sent private in this case, as it might have been seen as bullying or harassment by a club representative which was NOT my goal.

This is my final public post on the subject.

As a club representative.... My FINAL WORD.......

WHAT A SURPRISE.....:shrug::shrug::shrug:

cossie dunc 19th June 2011 00:21

now i like poppy and i like colin but which one is best theres only one way to find out.............................. :jedi::jedi::jedi:

as for mod elections, i think wel all agree you guys have a very difficult job and i cant help feel that this is more about un -electing one mod rather than electing others:shrug:;) (rightly so imo)

River Clyde Connie 19th June 2011 00:23

Administrating on-line fora is a thankless task really.

Guys and gals, the summer is just around the corner. Let's all discuss who's going where in their 75s or ZTs, and who will get there faster because they drive a petrol, and who will be left behind, at home, ploughing fields.:D:D

There's only one ending for situations like this, and it ain't pretty, and a few of us have been there all too often.

This is a good club and forum, people here put the hearts and souls into their cars, and they share their experience with us, and help us out where needed.

Let's not lose sight of that.

From what I have seen in my short time here the forum is well moderated. By that I mean the moderators are attentive, not missing a trick. Sometimes it's easy to shoot the messenger, but the y don't make the rules, and the moderators are human, and believe me when responding to situations online, quick decisions are commendable, and demanded by some, but are often subsequently ill thought and suddenly that mod finds themselves in a bit of a verbal quagmire. I'm not really comfortable with the whole thing to be honest, I've seen the same thing from the inside and it's like watching your wife give birth, just viewing is excruciatingly painful, it's extremely messy and puts you right off your dinner. :D:D:D

Seriously though, I'm a free speech advocate, but when it's quite a barrage of posts against one person it starts to feel a tad gratuitous.

I'm probably right in saying there's probably a better way of resolving this and for once I'd love to see that happening instead of every other online fora implosion saga I've seen and been in my time.

And sorry for the spam, I'll keep it to the appropriate cage, I mean (cough) thread... :D:D

I actually thought this thread was straight out of Jackanory tbh, I never believed for an instant it was serious. :shrug::shrug:

Anyway, the new mods will get democratically voted in, and as part of their duties they will have to issue warnings and advice at times, and suddenly they go from the good to the bad and the ugly.

I think sometimes we need to have the platform to air our frustrations, our joys, woes, comments, whatever !! But there's also a time to realise that there are people reading these threads who wouldn't normally think twice about responding to a desperate plea thread, from someone on a budget, broken down in a car they can't afford to run. The advice you need tomorrow suddenly starts to dry up. Just a thought.:bowdown::)

Poppy 19th June 2011 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by River Clyde Connie (Post 744265)
Administrating on-line fora is a thankless task really.

Guys and gals, the summer is just around the corner. Let's all discuss who's going where in their 75s or ZTs, and who will get there faster because they drive a petrol, and who will be left behind, at home, ploughing fields.:D:D

There's only one ending for situations like this, and it ain't pretty, and a few of us have been there all too often.

This is a good club and forum, people here put the hearts and souls into their cars, and they share their experience with us, and help us out where needed.

Let's not lose sight of that.

From what I have seen in my short time here the forum is well moderated. By that I mean the moderators are attentive, not missing a trick. Sometimes it's easy to shoot the messenger, but the y don't make the rules, and the moderators are human, and believe me when responding to situations online, quick decisions are commendable, and demanded by some, but are often subsequently ill thought and suddenly that mod finds themselves in a bit of a verbal quagmire. I'm not really comfortable with the whole thing to be honest, I've seen the same thing from the inside and it's like watching your wife give birth, just viewing is excruciatingly painful, it's extremely messy and puts you right off your dinner. :D:D:D

Seriously though, I'm a free speech advocate, but when it's quite a barrage of posts against one person it starts to feel a tad gratuitous.

I'm probably right in saying there's probably a better way of resolving this and for once I'd love to see that happening instead of every other online fora implosion saga I've seen and been in my time.

And sorry for the spam, I'll keep it to the appropriate cage, I mean (cough) thread... :D:D

I actually thought this thread was straight out of Jackanory tbh, I never believed for an instant it was serious. :shrug::shrug:

Anyway, the new mods will get democratically voted in, and as part of their duties they will have to issue warnings and advice at times, and suddenly they go from the good to the bad and the ugly.

I think sometimes we need to have the platform to air our frustrations, our joys, woes, comments, whatever !! But there's also a time to realise that there are people reading these threads who wouldn't normally think twice about responding to a desperate plea thread, from someone on a budget, broken down in a car they can't afford to run. The advice you need tomorrow suddenly starts to dry up. Just a thought.:bowdown::)

Of course there:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug: was a better way of solving this.... Just did not happen though did it....

Dragrad 19th June 2011 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeb (Post 743892)
Please do not damage the illusion that we have a say about how things are done by suggesting ideas that test this widely held supposition...remember this is a limited company.. :}

As this is a valid point raised by Carl, ... I reply....

We (the Mods) are subject to the rules of the Club...... And rightly so, we are not the owners of the company, merely their unpaid volunteers who act within the guidelines as laid down by the owners.

We do our bit for the love of the cars and the Club.... a thankless task in the main, but one we have taken on with the knowledge that it will take much of our "free" time and efforts.

We do our best, and our hearts and minds are there to progress this Club for the betterment of all the members, irrespective of their status within the Club.

Personally, I do not think that at any time there will be an election (or re-election) of Moderators. The Mods are chosen by the Owners of this Club (as indeed the original Mods were).

As previously stated, this is a company run Club, and one less draconian in its moderation than some I am, and have been, a member of (admittedly some not Rover based:}).

James.uk 19th June 2011 03:26

Hmmm is a reg sec a "representative of the club"?? :shrug:

I thought they just helped peeps in their area with meets and such if they are asked to do so??? :shrug:

And --- they have to put a waver on the meetings pointing that it is NOT an official club meeting... Do'hhh...

Dragrad 19th June 2011 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 744307)

I thought they just helped peeps in their area with meets and such if they are asked to do so??? :shrug:

And --- they have to put a waver on the meetings pointing that it is NOT an official club meeting... Do'hhh...

Off topic, but .......In general yes. :} And I presume you mean waiver as in a Club disclaimer notice?;)

stevemac 19th June 2011 06:03

Quote:

Yes they are...

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...ucture_v7a.jpg

innit!

Robson Rover Repair 19th June 2011 06:35

Quote:

That is done to satisfy the clubs insurance policy requirements as it does not stretch to Ireland currently, which is something ive fought for but is not currently within the club budget, yet other mainland regional events also have this statement applied due to the maximum amount of annual "insured" meets permittable under the sites policy.

Pete or Chris (I cant remember which) explained it to me in much better detail and the issues associated with covering NI, never mind ROI as they did some large research into with the broker.

Basicially because there are so many meets around the country, being the nature of the club, not a single regional club represented under a general club name, (eg like the ROSC has the RSOC of Essex for example, which s the club branded, but indepantent at the same time for funding and such but pays fees to main club and so on) it has to have the warning under it, I calculated there was a meet average one every week on since Christmas around the country!

MangoMan 19th June 2011 07:47

This one I like.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 744062)
I feel the MOD team does a great job at being independent currently, I cant see the benefit of such activities.

Sounds daft, but every none profit owners club ive ever been in has done it and I think that would be a much better thing for the members to be focusing on IMO.

Beside the Regional Secretary vote will be coming up again shortly so vote for representation in your area which counts for much more at the end of the day.

This one just seemed to miss everyones attention.

Apparently there are 5 thousand odd 'paid-up' Member on here paying £10.00 In my day that added up to around £50,000.00

Forgive me if the figures are wrong concerning numbers.

But yes, I know a tenner individually isn't much, but collectively it's not to be sneezed at!

Where does it go and how is it spent? And who takes what? Does anybody take a 'Cut' at all in any way shape or form, ie. Expenses?

As far as an election for another Moderator, I think there should be, or could a relevance, or a need for a 'Non Company Representitive for Members', so they can have a Mandate as one that can speak for the many.

Reebs 19th June 2011 07:53

This has all been covered before Bill, do a forum search, and yes your figures are inaccurate, it's actually about a fifth of your quoted number.

baconbuttyman 19th June 2011 08:32

This Threas sucks big time.

When we took over as mods (i obviously not a mod anymore), we took flak for decision made by others, Pete and Christopher both. rightly or wrongly, those decisions were made and we dealt with the fall out.. Their "none of your business" approach only made them unpopular and made them look stupid in my opinion.
The new team grew well and became a good team, I left the team as i felt it was conflicting my ability to have an opinion and sound said opinion.
A lead moderator was chosen and now the club moves on and is serving it's CUSTOMERS well. From the off Reebs showed more initiative than the rest of us, he was looking into how forums work, before i knew it, i was on the phone to Reebs taking lessons on how to work the forum options, many of you dont know the work involved, It's tiring and heavy at times.
tbh, the club is doing better now that Pete is not here and that Christopher doesnt make many appearances. They were dragging the club down with their draconian methods, most will remember what i am writing about, newer members will be saying ..WHO??
Elect Mods is not a good idea, Modding is a thankless task that every one with an opinion can do better. most slate mods but no one wants to step up, we did and were hated for it.
The team should stay and elections be damned.
Pabs recent poor judgement is the reason the OP started this thread in the first place i think, Pab has done nothing but serve as a mod and a trader for the good of the club, yes he is a trader, with out him many of us would struggle to find parts, eventually the parts will dry up and i think people like Paul will be the ones we need.
This is my opinion and i am sticking to it.
Elect a mod........ now who's stepping forward:mad::mad::mad::mad:

chrissyboy 19th June 2011 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardvark (Post 744073)
As far as I can see the "mods" we have currently have done us a great service. I've had my wrists slapped a few times over the last year and it was all done discreetly and points were taken. One thing I thought was a bit over the top was the banning of certain I thought key members from our forum for a differance of opinion. Take privileges away maybe but not banning. I dare say mistakes have been made over this past year but if lessons were learnt then why not keep the "mods" we have UNLESS someone wants to stand down that is.

i agree, i think the club is better since the current mods have taken up their posts ... i see all mods doing what they should be doing ,they act fairly to each and everyone of us ,i too have had my wrists slapped a few times ,butif i didnt or indeed you didnt or anyone for that matter then the mods wouldnt be doing their job .to get a warning for a breach of the club rules, is nothing on a personal level purely something that has t be done ., i for one think the club has moved forward since the last mods was replace and i think the mods are doing a great job for which i thank them ,without thier efforts we might not have this great club.
i have noticed a few remarks pointing at one mod , can i just say that is finished and is between the two parties to resolve ... i am very happy for that mod to continue... lets just leave things as they are till such times the mods are no longer able to offr us their free time ,then and only then should we would be talking about voting a mod should take place.

rizel23 19th June 2011 09:05

it seems a very fair way of doing it, anyone could put there name forward and allow a week to vote, most forums just appoint their mates ;)

Zeb 19th June 2011 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconbuttyman (Post 744343)
Elect a mod........ now who's stepping forward:mad::mad::mad::mad:

As you will recall we were allowed to 'Elect' Regional Secretaries.....so long as Christopher approved of them.....hence the current gap...;)

Equally, I have no recollection of mods being 'hated'? Merely challenged on actions / decisions at times....which is what appears to have led to this thread.

So, fwiw...great idea Kieranswood but not here, as it is a moot point, whilstsoever the club is a Limited Company and the owner is the sole final arbiter of making decisions....eventually...:D

(Though I do recall Parker liked the idea...)

baconbuttyman 19th June 2011 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy (Post 744230)
Hm.... Maybe i shall have to be careful then and watch my ps & qs if i am being watched...

Poppy, it doesnt matter what others think of your posting, if none of the mods have bought you to task over it, then dont worry, others post a lot, others dont, i find your posts sometimes amusing, sometimes informative and sometimes poinient and sometime spam, we all spam from time to time, thats the nature of online forums.

baconbuttyman 19th June 2011 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeb (Post 744360)
As you will recall we were allowed to 'Elect' Regional Secretaries.....so long as Christopher approved of them.....hence the current gap...;)

Equally, I have no recollection of mods being 'hated'? Merely challenged on actions / decisions at times....which is what appears to have led to this thread.

So, fwiw...great idea Kieranswood but not here whilstsoever the club is a Limited Company and the owner is the sole final arbiter of making decisions....eventually...:D

yes current R.S.'s were elected, but as you say, approved elections arent exactly elections lol

from my point of view at the time, i feel there was a hate campaign against up, we were left by the owners to take up the **** they had strewn about.

It was mentioned at one point that the club was for sale, we could buy it between us all

MangoMan 19th June 2011 09:38

Crickey! How many times are we going to hear " It's a thankless job"? Ad-Nauseum I suspect...... Hey, no-one is forcing you!

I stand corrected on figures, but 5 grand is still five grand, and why should I do a search, you're the Mod, you show me....

And those of you who berate the members not happy with a bad decision, carry on, but I tell, all it takes is one big bad decision, which the vast majority think it was, and you have this, and I tell you memories are long, the next time this happens, and it will believe me, this will all come back in your faces, again. And all because someone couldn't do the right thing compounded by a few others failing in their position to do the right thing also.

And as BBM says, that is my opinion and I will stick to it no matter how many posts of mine are removed! Or edited! Or whatever.

Because no matter what others say, the whole matter stinks, and I'm going to say as so.

NB. And as far as my post in the "Grab-Handle" post goes, they do make LHD's don't they? And it wasn't "Banter"!

Departed 32016 19th June 2011 09:40

Crikey I'm almost ashamed this post had ended up like this. It was never intended to be a anti moderator site. My idea was to share and swap the responsiblities every year letting others have a say in the running of the site and to keep it going.

Reebs 19th June 2011 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoMan (Post 744365)
NB. And as far as my post in the "Grab-Handle" post goes, they do make LHD's don't they? And it wasn't "Banter"!

Yes, but we both know that's not the post I had to remove don't we Bill, t'was no.6 not no.3 ;)

keithybhoy 19th June 2011 13:21

There seems to me to be a lot of angry and untrusting feelings of mods since the pab alloy wheels thread and of the way it was handeld by other mods.
Now i have no feelings on that subject but if members feel they can no longer trust a mod then is it not down to the overall mod in charge to do somthing about it and try to regain the overall trust of our members.
Ive seen members leave forums and join others in the past over issues like this and we dont want that.........do we ???
Mybe a better response from other mods over the pabgate affair would of settled down a lot of the members but to many holes were shown in the official story hence the unrest and new threads having a pop at the mods.
How do club members voice their concerns about a mod without getting a ban,does someone need to start a poll if they feel they have lost confidance in a mod and from what im reading in here right now that is what this and other threads boyle down to.
I dont think there should be elections for mods but if we feel one steps out of line then it is down to us as paid up members to state our disatisfaction and to expect somthing to done about it.
This is a club for its members but without its members there is no club.

just my feelings from what ive been reading over the last couple of days :}

James.uk 19th June 2011 14:01

So in what way do they (reg secs) "represent" the club exactly?

As far as I can make out, they just help to organise "unofficial" meetings if asked to do so. or even call meetings, but anyone can do that if they want to, I have even done it myself but I didn't "represent" anyone, I did it as "me" lol.. :shrug: :}

The mods enforce the rules.. ipso facto they act on someones behalf = save the directors the job. So I guess loosely speaking they are reps at times... but The "real" club officials only organise official meetings innit.. ? :shrug:

Funny how peeps in this country love to have "airs and graces" titles innit.. In France they guillotined people for that! lmho.. :D :D :D

PS... ooww heck, this post was in reply to one now wayyyy back.. :o:o:o

ROBBIE G 19th June 2011 15:41

As a new member here i did find the thread about the wheels a disgrace, I think if it was not for the case of most knowing the seller you would agree that it was a bad stroke he pulled, I understand in a way the moderators and site admin need to show some kind of solidarity to each other but to the neutral member like myself it's a hissy fit (because I'm a site moderator and more popular and influential than you) i shall block the sale with a made up excuse just to flex my muscle. things like this are obviously going to cause unrest in the lower ranks as it does come across as a misuse of power. its obvious the sale was on as the deposit was taken. then the thread was posted up here then the sales off? just stinks. Imo
but i thought the input of someone who's neutral on the matter might help this thread as to what the outsider is seeing

baconbuttyman 19th June 2011 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoMan (Post 744365)
Crickey! How many times are we going to hear " It's a thankless job"? Ad-Nauseum I suspect...... Hey, no-one is forcing you!

I stand corrected on figures, but 5 grand is still five grand, and why should I do a search, you're the Mod, you show me....

!

true, no one is forcing the mods to do it, at the time, there were only a handfull of us who offered up or services, others were too caught up in the malay of what had gone on. But with out us stepping up, i think the club would have closed, At one point if sertain people had their way, it would have at one point..............................:(

A mods job is not to run after you to get info for you, surely you can search your self

Poppy 19th June 2011 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBBIE G (Post 744502)
As a new member here i did find the thread about the wheels a disgrace, I think if it was not for the case of most knowing the seller you would agree that it was a bad stroke he pulled, I understand in a way the moderators and site admin need to show some kind of solidarity to each other but to the neutral member like myself it's a hissy fit (because I'm a site moderator and more popular and influential than you) i shall block the sale with a made up excuse just to flex my muscle. things like this are obviously going to cause unrest in the lower ranks as it does come across as a misuse of power. its obvious the sale was on as the deposit was taken. then the thread was posted up here then the sales off? just stinks. Imo
but i thought the input of someone who's neutral on the matter might help this thread as to what the outsider is seeing

:clap::clap::wot::driving:

carlpenn 19th June 2011 16:41

"Post Modified by Me as the original one quoted has now been modified by the poster "

James.uk 19th June 2011 17:04

Hi Carl. Sorry.. Actually I was talking about reg sec. not the mods..

I will go back and make that clear, the problem was caused by so many posts being in between, I must learn to type faster.. lol... :o :}

baconbuttyman 19th June 2011 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 744545)
I must learn to type faster.. lol... :o :}

loik whst Happekns if ii types fasster :p::p::p:

carlpenn 19th June 2011 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 744545)
Hi Carl. Sorry.. Actually I was talking about reg sec. not the mods..

I will go back and make that clear, the problem was caused by so many posts being in between, I must learn to type faster.. lol... :o :}

lol, no worries :D Erm, if you go back and Edit, shoudl I go back and Edit too :p:

James.uk 19th June 2011 19:20

yep, you should. :)

Just don't mention wheels OK.. ;) lmho... :D:D

chrissyboy 19th June 2011 19:43

i will say again no need to vote for mods on a annual basis, the owners will make up a short list of who they believe to be the right people for the roll. can we please get back to helping each other with advise on the problems we have with our cars, which is what this great club is all about, whats done is done there is no point in harping on about it .... this thread is for an idea of mods being voted in ,lets just keep on topic please .... i love you all :D

ROBBIE G 19th June 2011 20:22

Not been around long enough to know the state of play as regards to the moderators Most would seem happy with the way things are, All i can base any judgements on are recent events ive witnessed which ive already gave my opinion on, and from that i would like to know exactly what can be seen in our pm's as private messages should be just that Private!! probably my opinions dont count for a lot but thats my two penneth. i been part of many forums and in fact moderated and run a few too, best form of moderation ive found is no moderation the end of the day we are all adults we have a diffrence of opinion as long as theres no personal threats or posting of unsavoury photographs theres not really much to do if the audiance play nice

Poppy 19th June 2011 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBBIE G (Post 744734)
Not been around long enough to know the state of play as regards to the moderators Most would seem happy with the way things are, All i can base any judgements on are recent events ive witnessed which ive already gave my opinion on, and from that i would like to know exactly what can be seen in our pm's as private messages should be just that Private!! probably my opinions dont count for a lot but thats my two penneth. i been part of many forums and in fact moderated and run a few too, best form of moderation ive found is no moderation the end of the day we are all adults we have a diffrence of opinion as long as theres no personal threats or posting of unsavoury photographs theres not really much to do if the audiance play nice

Hiya. Every bodies opinions COUNT.... Or at least they should..:shrug::).

baconbuttyman 19th June 2011 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBBIE G (Post 744734)
best form of moderation ive found is no moderation the end of the day we are all adults

Nop were not, this site is aimed as a family site as far as i am aware, look at Lewis, he has been a member for years, children frequent this site, please bear that in mind, we are not all adults

Poppy 19th June 2011 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconbuttyman (Post 744957)
Nop were not, this site is aimed as a family site as far as i am aware, look at Lewis, he has been a member for years, children frequent this site, please bear that in mind, we are not all adults

eek I had better start amending my posts then before i click send... :shrug::)

ROBBIE G 20th June 2011 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconbuttyman (Post 744957)

Then excuse me i never knew it covered matchbox and dinky too

ROBBIE G 20th June 2011 08:59

I can just see the teenagers now planning there pimped up 75's for when they leave school pass there test or just take one for a joy ride.

c'mon kids pile in the 75

http://www.naxbeef.uklinux.net/general/pimpdrove.jpg

baconbuttyman 20th June 2011 09:04

dont children like cars :shrug:, I know my son does! also by children i am including all up to 16.
This site as far as i know is a family orientated site.

take, meets and events of the same ilk, they are family orientated arent they, ther are an integral part of the club, the site is part of the club ergo that is a family orientated place. if were are all adults here then why have a swear filter and the like :shrug:

baconbuttyman 20th June 2011 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBBIE G (Post 745068)
I can just see the teenagers now planning there pimped up 75's for when they leave school pass there test or just take one for a joy ride.

funny, take a gander at Lewis Rabetts profile, been a member for about 5 years since he was 12, now own 3 cars afaik, he is now 17, owned 75's since before he could even DRIVE, so yes, youngsters can and do frequent thic family orientated club site

ROBBIE G 20th June 2011 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconbuttyman (Post 745071)
dont children like cars :shrug:, I know my son does! also by children i am including all up to 16.
This site as far as i know is a family orientated site.

take, meets and events of the same ilk, they are family orientated arent they, ther are an integral part of the club, the site is part of the club ergo that is a family orientated place. if were are all adults here then why have a swear filter and the like :shrug:

On a serious note i do agree that kids like cars but do they hang around forum discussing pellum drains and iffy fuel pumps i'm unsure there that far into them, maybe like i did draw your future car design and make a few brum brum noises. although im not saying we need to be swearing freely or act like were just heading for a kebab after a few sherberts with the lads, im just saying most discussions should be able to be conducted without any involvement by others as long as no threatening remarks are made or pictures of peoples wifes naked. as i said this is just my opinion on forum moderation everyone as there right to agree or disagree and im fine with that as forums are disigned in esscence to give peoples opinions diffrent or not

baconbuttyman 20th June 2011 09:27

all i am saying is be aware that this is a family orientated site, while the vast majority are adults (although my missus would say i am the biggest kid of the lot). Sometimes, youngsters do look at the site. :D

Robson Rover Repair 20th June 2011 09:32

You would be shocked at what ive moderated on another car club family forum that I ran 5 years ago.

It is 100% essential and this is one of the least moderated car forums I use!

ROBBIE G 20th June 2011 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconbuttyman (Post 745079)
all i am saying is be aware that this is a family orientated site, while the vast majority are adults (although my missus would say i am the biggest kid of the lot). Sometimes, youngsters do look at the site. :D

Thats fine and what i suggested wouldnt effect the kiddies much i'm not asking for the swear filters to be taken out im just saying let discussions run as long as theres no personal threats or posting of the porny stuff, never quite understood the locking of threads thing unless there as been threats made and then if there as its down to the moderators to make a decision on who's the naughty boy smack there wrists and send them to ******y if they have been really naughty

ROBBIE G 20th June 2011 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 745080)
You would be shocked at what ive moderated on another car club family forum that I ran 5 years ago.

It is 100% essential and this is one of the least moderated car forums I use!

Correct, I didnt feel the wheel thread needed locking the other day what you had was a genuine guy asking about an ebay purchase which i have witnessed quite a few times in my short spell here, it just so happened the seller he was enquiring about happened to be part of the moderation team here which is no biggee as hes only asking a question about what others would do. But because he as asked a question about a moderator the deal gets withdrew? and the thread locked...... Now theres no question the wheels are for sale as they where on ebay and a deposit taken.

So it does beg the question why?

As it obvious those wheels are for sale and what people where posting on the matter as members needed to be heard. Now i dont know the seller at all or the buyer which makes me impartial but if you have not noticed there are still people asking for answers and reasons which to be honest members could do with as it could happen to them. obviously this was not a site problem until it was bought to light the sale was blocked due to the buyers thread. the thread being locked? was it to stop a moderator getting further bashed or for the good of the forum?

All questions that probably if answered by the powers that be would stop any further threads of this ilk and it could be put to bed.

again just my opinion

Robson Rover Repair 20th June 2011 10:30

It was locked (in my opinion) as it had degraded into a bad situation. It was between two individuals but it got to the stage that people where commenting and speculating unnecessary. Chinese whispers and band (not bang woops) wagon springs to mind.

Zeb 20th June 2011 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 745104)
It was locked (in my opinion) as it had degraded into a bad situation. It was between two individuals but it got to the stage that people where commenting and speculating unnecessary. Chinese whispers and band (not bang woops) wagon springs to mind.

Oh come on Colin! It was locked because Kedaha posed questions that the powers that be did not want to, or, could not answer / address. That's fine by me...it is still there for peeps to make their own judgements about.

Trophy Blue Tourer 20th June 2011 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBBIE G (Post 745068)

Actually I quite like that!!

Oh Err Mrs!!!:D

Andy!!!

baconbuttyman 20th June 2011 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trophy Blue Tourer (Post 745128)
Actually I quite like that!!

Oh Err Mrs!!!:D

Andy!!!

:bowdown::getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat:

ROBBIE G 20th June 2011 12:10

Quote:

These people where commenting to the opening posters question it only degraded into a bad situation by one person or is it only me who sees it that way?

River Clyde Connie 20th June 2011 12:38

Quote:

It was locked (in my opinion) as it had degraded into a bad situation.

Hardly a reason for it being locked.

It was between two individuals but it got to the stage that people where commenting and speculating unnecessary.

Wrong!! 110% Wrong!! You seem to have conveniently forgotten that it was a trader who was being spoken of. The trader is also a moderator. He has been accused of mis-using his position on the forum to intercept a man sending a Private Message.Hardly unnecessary commenting then.

Chinese whispers and band (not bang woops) wagon springs to mind.

I am guessing that the "band not bang" was a sarcastic attempt at correcting other members spelling mistakes. I wouldn't like to then point out that in your first sentence above the last word should be unnecessarily, rather than plain necessary.

Just my opinions in red.

Robson Rover Repair 20th June 2011 15:41

For a starters im dyslexic and dont have spell check on my phone browser.

Secondly ive no idea what your talking about with sarcastic spelling.

sikelsh 20th June 2011 15:49

Colin, I wouldn't rise to it, there seems to be a rise in the number of Trolls on the forum at the moment, dont feed them and they will go away when they get bored.

Simon

River Clyde Connie 20th June 2011 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 745228)
For a starters im dyslexic and dont have spell check on my phone browser.

Secondly ive no idea what your talking about with sarcastic spelling.

Thirdly YOUR comments are paranoid and exactly the kind of problem this forum is facing.

Facts not fiction, consider it before you post.

Erm, I think if you are going to make accusations such as that then you should at least be in a position to substantiate them.

Paranoid - Wiki..

"Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion."

I do not fear you, nor am I anxious.

Is it then irrational or delusional to speak facts?;) Please show me anything I have said here that isn't factual. You can't. So therefore, yet again, your are way wide of the mark in your posting.

River Clyde Connie 20th June 2011 15:57

In fact, not only are you wide of the mark in your posting, you also attempt to lay the troubles of this forum at my feet, conveniently forgetting what sparked all this off in the first place.

I would respectfully suggest that you un-insert your cranium from the realms of your rectum, thanks.

Robson Rover Repair 20th June 2011 15:57

I feel that this "random trolling" is a disaster and is exactly what has ruined the .org section of 75/zt.

Spam / hijack encouraging threads should be locked.

Points and warnings leading to bans should be dished out.

Admin should not have to explain themselves for closing a thread in another thread.

Its beyond a joke.

River Clyde Connie 20th June 2011 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 745240)
I feel that this "random trolling" is a disaster and is exactly what has ruined the .org section of 75/zt.

Spam / hijack encouraging threads should be locked.

Points and warnings leading to bans should be dished out.

Admin should not have to explain themselves for closing a thread in another thread.

Its beyond a joke.

Changing your spiel now Colin, especially when asked to substantiate your wild sweeping, claims.

VVC-Geeza 20th June 2011 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by River Clyde Connie (Post 745238)
In fact, not only are you wide of the mark in your posting, you also attempt to lay the troubles of this forum at my feet, conveniently forgetting what sparked all this off in the first place.

I would respectfully suggest that you un-insert your cranium from the realms of your rectum, thanks.

Couldn't you have said that via pm so as only Colin and the mod's have to read this rubish :D:getmecoat:

James.uk 20th June 2011 16:04

Colin.. Peeps expresing their views shouldnt be a cause for concern.. :shrug: :}

If it worries you, you can always watch TV.. :}

River Clyde Connie 20th June 2011 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 745246)
Couldn't you have said that via pm so as only Colin and the mod's have to suffer this rubish :D:getmecoat:

If Colin would like to take it to Private Message then I'd be more than willing. What I won't do is sit back and let he, or anyone else, make unsubstantiated, and frankly ludicrous statements about myself, in public, and let it go unchallenged.

FredSpencer 20th June 2011 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 743884)
Can you imagine me as a MOD? lol.. I would be sending out sympathy cards to all 1.8 owners and giving directions to specsavers to the faceache owners. lmho :D :D :D

You'd get my vote with a manifesto like that. ;)

River Clyde Connie 20th June 2011 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikelsh (Post 745231)
Colin, I wouldn't rise to it, there seems to be a rise in the number of Trolls on the forum at the moment, dont feed them and they will go away when they get bored.

Simon

Jolly good old chap.

Thomas 20th June 2011 16:09

Ok people yet again lets keep this civil and on thread,

VVC-Geeza 20th June 2011 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by River Clyde Connie (Post 745249)
If Colin would like to take it to Private Message then I'd be more than willing. What I won't do is sit back and let he, or anyone else, make unsubstantiated, and frankly ludicrous statements about myself, in public, and let it go unchallenged.

Not taking sides,just my attempt at a little topical humour ;):)

Robson Rover Repair 20th June 2011 16:15

And as for pm's, why? Is going to pm's the equivlent of taking it outside? Lol.

I keep everything i do and say on this forum public and would do the same in a face to face role.

ROBBIE G 20th June 2011 16:15

Does this not work both ways. if we are to subsidise the club then give the members answers to there questions, dont try and change the subject of the matter at hand and that is all thats being asked from someone in the moderation team to do is tell us why this was tried to be swept under the carpet.

Thomas 20th June 2011 16:17

Ok everyone I would ask that you all think before posting. this thread has been asked to be kept on topic 4 times , if it does not continue to be kept on thread the thread will be closed.

ROBBIE G 20th June 2011 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 745263)
Ok everyone I would ask that you all think before posting. this thread has been asked to be kept on topic 4 times , if it does not continue to be kept on thread the thread will be closed.

Thats going to help matters, just a simple statement and we all know where we stand will do

Thomas 20th June 2011 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBBIE G (Post 745264)
Thats going to help matters, just a simple statement and we all know where we stand will do

Robbie this thread is regarding annually voting for moderators, I unfortunately do not know the answers to your questions so cannot comment on that, however the thread is fast descending into arguments after being asked various times to keep on thread that is not happening.

Lost Soul 20th June 2011 16:20

I must admit, it seems the forum is going back to the days of just over a year ago. Got fed up with it the and had to think hard about new subs payment. But, both party's involved had been very quiet of late. Let the dust settle. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

At this point, I think it has run it course. Concentrate on the current members and the new ones that join daily. If I were a new member to the site and seen the posts made, I would think again about staying.

Both parties involved should sort out the matter out with the site as it was on EBay. I do not care about Mod Status as a seller, or a first post as a buyer. It was not a transaction done on the forum.

Hell if any thinks I have spoke out of term, well ban me. It has been brought up too much and now questioning the ability of other members that represent the forum and club.

If a mod feels to PM me please do. I for one think it has run it's course as it seems to be going in to melt down.

Thank you.

Thank you.

River Clyde Connie 20th June 2011 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Soul (Post 745266)
I must admit, it seems the forum is going back to the days of just over a year ago. Got fed up with it the and had to think hard about new subs payment. But, both party's involved had been very quiet of late. Let the dust settle. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

At this point, I think it has run it course. Concentrate on the current members and the new ones that join daily. If I were a new member to the site and seen the posts made, I would think again about staying.

Both parties involved should sort out the matter out with the site as it was on EBay. I do not care about Mod Status as a seller, or a first post as a buyer. It was not a transaction done on the forum.

Hell if any thinks I have spoke out of term, well ban me. It has been brought up too much and now questioning the ability of other members that represent the forum and club.

If a mod feels to PM me please do. I for one think it has run it's course as it seems to be going in to melt down.

Thank you.

Thank you.

No, that's unlikely to happen whilst the Club officials, such as the NI Reg Sec is openly happy to lay claims in public, on the threads.

Set examples from the top I say.

Thomas 20th June 2011 16:41

Once again keep it on topic, there is no need to descend in to an all out he said this and he said that scenario, the threads that were off topic and basically having a go at each other have been removed.

FredSpencer 20th June 2011 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconbuttyman (Post 745073)
funny, take a gander at Lewis Rabetts profile, been a member for about 5 years since he was 12, now own 3 cars afaik, he is now 17, owned 75's since before he could even DRIVE, so yes, youngsters can and do frequent thic family orientated club site

And if it wasn't for this forum he'd never hear or see swear words? Come on, get real.

baconbuttyman 20th June 2011 16:52

If i am correct, This unrest stems from the wheels that Pab had for sale, That not now being the issue. The mods need to address the fact that PAB (while i had the upmost respect for) seemed to abuse the fact he could see who was pm'ing who and used that information to "warn" the PM'er off.

in my opinion and experience this wont go away until Reebs or indeed PAB, informs the membership why and what fors on this.

I have to agree it does seem the line was crossed by a mod, i know when i did, i was pulled to task over it.

Brabus 20th June 2011 16:55

The main reason for this club is to keep the 75 ZT's on the road(specially the 1.8's):}Fighting does not help.I have been a member for a year now and have loved it and will renew again with out adout.The Mods do a great job and a very thankless job.I think they should be left in place as long as they are happy to do so.They keep order or things would spiral out of control like the way this thread was going.

ROBBIE G 20th June 2011 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconbuttyman (Post 745295)
If i am correct, This unrest stems from the wheels that Pab had for sale, That not now being the issue. The mods need to address the fact that PAB (while i had the upmost respect for) seemed to abuse the fact he could see who was pm'ing who and used that information to "warn" the PM'er off.

in my opinion and experience this wont go away until Reebs or indeed PAb and no one else informs the membership why and what fors on this.

I have to agree it does seem the line was crossed by a mod, i know when i did, i was pulled to task over it.

Perfectly worded :bowdown:

baconbuttyman 20th June 2011 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredSpencer (Post 745288)
And if it wasn't for this forum he'd never hear or see swear words? Come on, get real.

hmm point taken :D:D

e668ecp 20th June 2011 17:11

It's posts like this that make me think twice about paying my subs. I pay for the support that the vast majority give to each other which is basically in lieu of the dealer network. I feel that this thread should be removed and/or closed

BarryH 20th June 2011 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconbuttyman (Post 745295)

in my opinion and experience this wont go away until Reebs or indeed PAB, informs the membership why and what fors on this.

I do agree with bbman and as I posted on another thread,I think the situation stinks.
With regards to an annual election for mods/reg secs,I would not agree.The task is not an enviable one and imo they do a good job.However they should not abuse their position (which imo Pab has done)