The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Photography Corner (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Photo challenge? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=201036)

sikelsh 19th November 2014 17:30

Photo challenge?

Has it been tried on the forum before? I used to take part in something similar with fishing, any interest here?

Basic idea is a subject, for example "your car at a garage or petrol station"

Open for Entry's for say 4 weeks, then a poll for people's favourites. Winner picks next topic :shrug:

Anyone fancy it?

Simon

Forgot to add, photo has to be a new one taken in the time span of the challenge.

sworks 19th November 2014 19:11

Sounds good :)

Kenny m 20th November 2014 17:31

Yes i'am up for that........come on chaps join in.

Kenny

david75 20th November 2014 20:32

Good idea, yes

Unicorn1 20th November 2014 21:21

Sounds like a great idea. Might be just the thing to make me work out how to post photos on here:}

coolcat 20th November 2014 21:23

Sounds good Simon,

I'm up for it:}

PaulB1974 20th November 2014 21:23

im up for this

A19_Graham 20th November 2014 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikelsh (Post 1845111)
Has it been tried on the forum before? I used to take part in something similar with fishing, any interest here?

Basic idea is a subject, for example "your car at a garage or petrol station"

Open for Entry's for say 4 weeks, then a poll for people's favourites. Winner picks next topic :shrug:

Anyone fancy it?

Simon

Forgot to add, photo has to be a new one taken in the time span of the challenge.

Surely this puts V8 owners at an unfair advantage :shrug: :D

coolcat 21st November 2014 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by A19_Graham (Post 1846140)
Surely this puts V8 owners at an unfair advantage :shrug: :D

.....and the 1.8 owners as well;):D:getmecoat:

freddie 21st November 2014 07:53

Not good at photograpy but in for a challenge.

sikelsh 21st November 2014 08:23

Sounds like a goer,

So here's the rules.

1) Photo to be taken within the time of the challenge.
2) Minimal photoshopping allowed, colour enhance, saturation levels, blur, sharpen etc, but no object addition or removal.
3) Only one entry per member, so pick your best.
4) Winner picks the next subject
5) Enjoy!

Let's go with the topic I suggested as a starter, "Your car at a petrol station or garage"

Photo can be funny, professional, artistic, it's up to you, voters will decide.

Closes on the 21st Dec 2014

Simon

coolcat 21st November 2014 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikelsh (Post 1846353)
Sounds like a goer,

So here's the rules.

1) Photo to be taken within the time of the challenge.
2) Minimal photoshopping allowed, colour enhance, saturation levels, blur, sharpen etc, but no object addition or removal.
3) Enjoy!

Let's go with the topic I suggested as a starter, "Your car at a petrol station or garage"

Photo can be funny, professional, artistic, it's up to you, voters will decide.

Closes on the 21st Dec 2014

Simon

The challenge is set:D

Would it be a good idea for whoever wins to set the next challenge ? :)

sikelsh 21st November 2014 09:52

Good point Jeff, updated the above, along with only one entry per member.

Simon

Spike 21st November 2014 11:33

Go for it!

A19_Graham 21st November 2014 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1846326)
.....and the 1.8 owners as well;):D:getmecoat:

I like what you did there Jeff Sir. :bowdown:

Gate Keeper 22nd November 2014 01:47

"Your car at a garage or a petrol station"

Does it have to be Rover 75/ZT, as my only car in Africa is a 4X4?

sikelsh 22nd November 2014 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1847096)
"Your car at a garage or a petrol station"

Does it have to be Rover 75/ZT, as my only car in Africa is a 4X4?

Hi Phil, it would be good to see something different, go for it.

Simon

FLYING BANANA 22nd November 2014 08:06

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my entry. Taken yesterday at Halfords in Chingford ESSEX.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...7&d=1416647158

Gate Keeper 23rd November 2014 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikelsh (Post 1847114)
Hi Phil, it would be good to see something different, go for it.

Simon

Cheers Simon, without using photoshop lets see what I can come up with lol

Avulon 23rd November 2014 17:56

Ermm, Mine's a diesel - it'll be some time before I'll be at the fuel pumps, can we extend the deadline? :D

Kidding aside, Mine always looks great as turn to check the pump number for the umpteenth time whilst queuing up to pay for my fuel. Not sure what people will think of me whipping out the camera while queueing.

Rumply 24th November 2014 15:41

I'm up for this... Will come up with something...

Gate Keeper 27th November 2014 12:09

The end of the line ...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...5646F2A84F.jpg

Rick-sta 27th November 2014 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 1848553)
Ermm, Mine's a diesel - it'll be some time before I'll be at the fuel pumps, can we extend the deadline? :D

I actually genuinely haven't been to the fuel pumps since about 4 or 5 days before this threat started... and I still have just over 1/4 tank fuel left :eek:

Avulon 27th November 2014 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick-sta (Post 1851538)
I actually genuinely haven't been to the fuel pumps since about 4 or 5 days before this threat started... and I still have just over 1/4 tank fuel left :eek:

Still on a half tank here, but I'll be filling up in the next few days (never go far below a quarter tank).

reworht 27th November 2014 15:48

I last filled up on 30th September :eek: :o

Gate Keeper 28th November 2014 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 1851652)
I last filled up on 30th September :eek: :o

You are doing really well there Rod. The M47 really is an impressive piece of BMW engineering ;)

Gate Keeper 28th November 2014 00:04

Come on guys ... Gals too, all welcome:} don't be shy. Simons challenge is fun :drool4:

ROBBIE G 28th November 2014 10:48

Here's my little attempt

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/...8b2a836e62.jpg

sikelsh 28th November 2014 10:59

Excellent stuff chaps, I have seen the petrol station I want to grab a photo at, ive always liked the tin signs like this one

http://www.signs-unique.co.uk/ekmps/...15--8951-p.jpg

And I have seen an old petrol station close to me that looks a bit retro.

Simon

ROBBIE G 28th November 2014 14:11

Was watching an antiques collector programme on tv the other day those tin signs are now fetching a pretty penny if you can get your hands on one

Rumply 28th November 2014 16:56

In good company at work, showing the boss's SL & XKR how to do it.

Bit of a lazy picture, but the weather hasn't inspired yet. Fog, fog, and more fog, the joys of living on the coast.

Will try harder next month with the posh camera, tripod and killer location.

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/24xhv75.jpg

johan190 29th November 2014 03:05

1 Attachment(s)
Thought it would be fun to join this so here is my entry.
I found an empty petrol station last night so I stopped by and took this picture.

Cheers

thomas 75 connie 29th November 2014 06:53

Heres my dad outside the MG Rover garage in Brixham yesterday

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps43dacc3c.jpg

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps84caf484.jpg

Avulon 1st December 2014 16:05

Rare sight at the 'watering hole'

OK, here's mine - bit of quick snap, so please forgive me for not checking the background better....

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/...ps25cbf0c2.jpg

Badgerju202 1st December 2014 17:08

Oh I'm game for this, sounds fun.

I'll take a nice little picture tomorrow night :P

Rick-sta 1st December 2014 22:02

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my effort finally had to go to the pumps. Just a quick pic.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...8&d=1417474810

A19_Graham 1st December 2014 22:33

That looks almost like my drive.......

Silver Renault Traffic and Poseidon Blue ZT :)

freddie 13th December 2014 14:17

My entry for challenge.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...ps471f5746.jpg

Nev The Bear 13th December 2014 22:14

Here is my entry, taken from inside my 75 looking out at the view across the parking area at AE Wilcox Wickwar.

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9a03bda5.jpg

freddie 23rd December 2014 07:37

Well looks like this did not really take off.

coolcat 23rd December 2014 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1872451)
Well looks like this did not really take off.

I'm still up for it, just have not had any time to take the photo I have planned!
It's dark when I finish work and not had a chance to go to the location during the day for my photo shoot:icon_cry:

Maybe let this one run through the crimbo holidays and then start a fresh in 2015:new_year:

sworks 23rd December 2014 07:58

Same for me Jeff, not enough hours in the day and then it's too dark

sikelsh 23rd December 2014 08:03

Rather embaressingly, I have had the same issue, I know where I want to take it, but, dark nights, working away, filthy car.

Ill go stand in the corner in shame :icon_redface:

Avulon 23rd December 2014 08:04

Well 10 entries, and we are now past the closing date (21st Dec), If judging is by vote, (and assuming you can't vote for your own photo). My vote goes to Johan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johan190 (Post 1852798)
Thought it would be fun to join this so here is my entry.
I found an empty petrol station last night so I stopped by and took this picture.

Cheers

:christmas:

sikelsh 23rd December 2014 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 1872463)
Well 10 entries, and we are now past the closing date (21st Dec), If judging is by vote, (and assuming you can't vote for your own photo). My vote goes to Johan.

:christmas:

Use the Thanks button on the post you vote for, then ill count them up on the 28th?

Simon

rich17865 23rd December 2014 08:13

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/a...psmflogcjd.jpg

A late comer ;)

Avulon 23rd December 2014 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikelsh (Post 1872466)
Use the Thanks button on the post you vote for, then ill count them up on the 28th?

Simon

Sounds like a plan :icon_lol:

Avulon 23rd December 2014 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1872452)
I'm still up for it, just have not had any time to take the photo I have planned!
It's dark when I finish work and not had a chance to go to the location during the day for my photo shoot:icon_cry:

Maybe let this one run through the crimbo holidays and then start a fresh in 2015:new_year:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 1872460)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikelsh (Post 1872461)
Rather embaressingly, I have had the same issue, I know where I want to take it, but, dark nights, working away, filthy car.

Ill go stand in the corner in shame :icon_redface:

That's all part of the challenge isn't it? If you can't get daylight, get artificial light, if the car is dirty make it look good dirty...

Me I'm still waiting for the perfect situation for my perfect picture, but it requires the Moon at the right compass point and elevation with just enough light left from the setting Sun - it might be 20 years before I get that shot :icon_lol:

Gate Keeper 23rd December 2014 10:37

I have seen 3 photos I like where the owners have used their imagination in jacking up the subject. Can I vote 3 times? A couple of the photos were done at night. 100% in going for it!

sikelsh 23rd December 2014 10:41

Just one Phil, there can be only one as the winner picks the next round.

Simon

Gate Keeper 23rd December 2014 10:48

No problem Simon. I will now cast my vote :)

coolcat 23rd December 2014 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 1872521)
That's all part of the challenge isn't it? If you can't get daylight, get artificial light, if the car is dirty make it look good dirty...

Me I'm still waiting for the perfect situation for my perfect picture, but it requires the Moon at the right compass point and elevation with just enough light left from the setting Sun - it might be 20 years before I get that shot :icon_lol:

Great plan........but!!

The shot in the location I want is of no use in non daylight hours.
It also requires a 45 mile round trip and some of us poor folk haven't had a day off to achieve it:icon_rolleyes:

Not moaning, just observing the way it is and slightly gutted that I haven't had the opportunity to get the shot I wanted.....ho hum!

sworks 23rd December 2014 12:16

As most of us are photographers how about relaxing the rules a little? Maybe allowing older photos to be used, just a thought

Avulon 23rd December 2014 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1872564)
Great plan........but!!

The shot in the location I want is of no use in non daylight hours.
It also requires a 45 mile round trip and some of us poor folk haven't had a day off to achieve it:icon_rolleyes:

Not moaning, just observing the way it is and slightly gutted that I haven't had the opportunity to get the shot I wanted.....ho hum!

Well, that is what I meant by 'challenge', if you can't get the shot you really want, you need to get creative and get the best shot that you can given the restrictions that you are working under. Short days and poor weather and difficulty keeping the car clean are the same for all taking part.

Save the other idea for when you can use it. It'll still be there when the longer days are here, I'm sure that given the right opportunity you'll get that shot and it'll be a good one. :xmas-smiley-024:

coolcat 23rd December 2014 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 1872619)
Well, that is what I meant by 'challenge', if you can't get the shot you really want, you need to get creative and get the best shot that you can given the restrictions that you are working under. Short days and poor weather and difficulty keeping the car clean are the same for all taking part.

Save the other idea for when you can use it. It'll still be there when the longer days are here, I'm sure that given the right opportunity you'll get that shot and it'll be a good one. :xmas-smiley-024:

I know what your saying but the shot I wanted would have no relevence to me except for the challenge:icon_cry: .......I'm a fairly seasoned Tog so I'm aware what you are saying .....but as I said the shot I wanted to achieve I had pre planned when Simon posted up the challenge , it's just time and work have not allowed me to get the shot.
No point taking any old shot just for the sake of taking a photo ;)
Hopefully the next challenge will be a goer :)

Georgies Dad 23rd December 2014 14:40

:xmas-smiley-024:I was waiting until the price dropped to £1 per litre,now that would have been a rare shot.

Never mind,my vote go to Freddie:xmas-smiley-024:

Gate Keeper 23rd December 2014 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1872638)
I know what your saying but the shot I wanted would have no relevence to me except for the challenge:icon_cry: .......I'm a fairly seasoned Tog so I'm aware what you are saying .....but as I said the shot I wanted to achieve I had pre planned when Simon posted up the challenge , it's just time and work have not allowed me to get the shot.
No point taking any old shot just for the sake of taking a photo ;)
Hopefully the next challenge will be a goer :)

We all agreed to the rules as stated in the beginning of the challenge in Simons first post. I did not see anything about just one vote and would have liked to have voted for more than one, like in 'Strictly' but it is not to be. Rules are rules. After this challenge let's review for people who work full time?

I am not happy about using old photos. Can't see the fun in posting up old photos. Sorry, I have over 1000 photos of members cars I have accumulated from the various meets. I can't see the challenge in posting up any of them unless I can do a cut n paste .....only teasing :)

At the end of the day this is just a bit of fun isn't it, not worth feeling gutted about. I recently posted up a photo I was very fond of on a photography forum. Wow! the judges were very mmmm on me and gave me a rough ride and I had to man up! a tough call on my part, but am going the distance as I have seen some fantastic photos and I hope I can learn something extra :) Sorry Jeff you feel a bit gutted.

Where were we? :xmas-smiley-007::xmas-smiley-007::xmas-smiley-007:

coolcat 23rd December 2014 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1872713)
We all agreed to the rules as stated in the beginning of the challenge in Simons first post. I did not see anything about just one vote and would have liked to have voted for more than one, like in 'Strictly' but it is not to be. Rules are rules. After this challenge let's review for people who work full time?

I am not happy about using old photos. Can't see the fun in posting up old photos. Sorry, I have over 1000 photos of members cars I have accumulated from the various meets. I can't see the challenge in posting up any of them unless I can do a cut n paste .....only teasing :)

At the end of the day this is just a bit of fun isn't it, not worth feeling gutted about. I recently posted up a photo I was very fond of on a photography forum. Wow! the judges were very mmmm on me and gave me a rough ride and I had to man up! a tough call on my part, but am going the distance as I have seen some fantastic photos and I hope I can learn something extra :) Sorry Jeff you feel a bit gutted.

Where were we? :xmas-smiley-007::xmas-smiley-007::xmas-smiley-007:

Hi Phil,

Only gutted that I never had the chance to do the photo I had planned Sir!
Rules are rules and I agree entirely .
It matters not and hopefully I'll get the chance next time round but as you know I take photography quite seriously and want to work at achieving something of some merit.
Time was not on my side this time round as I've been swamped with work and not really had a day off this month.....Christmas has a lot to answer for:xmas-smiley-007:

'Gutted' was perhaps too strong a word , I was just expressing my thoughts especially as I was not alone in not getting a chance to take part in the first round.

I hope the winner picks an interesting subject for round two :icon_lol:

Gate Keeper 23rd December 2014 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1872717)
Hi Phil,

Only gutted that I never had the chance to do the photo I had planned Sir!
Rules are rules and I agree entirely .
It matters not and hopefully I'll get the chance next time round but as you know I take photography quite seriously and want to work at achieving something of some merit.
Time was not on my side this time round as I've been swamped with work and not really had a day off this month.....Christmas has a lot to answer for:xmas-smiley-007:

'Gutted' was perhaps too strong a word , I was just expressing my thoughts especially as I was not alone in not getting a chance to take part in the first round.

I hope the winner picks an interesting subject for round two :icon_lol:

Fair comments Jeff. January is a month of anti-climax and should be less frantic. Be lucky!

david75 23rd December 2014 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 1872460)

Same for me. I had intended to enter but just did't get to do it.
I will vote now, and try to be more determIned to enter next time

Kenny m 23rd December 2014 17:52

OK stupid question time........how do we vote? :xmas-smiley-024:

Kenny

david75 23rd December 2014 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny m (Post 1872787)
OK stupid question time........how do we vote? :xmas-smiley-024:

Kenny

See post #45

freddie 29th December 2014 16:14

Well first attempt did not go so good.

11 photos submitted.One past the dead line,some one posted two photos instead of one.
Only 7 votes to count.
Well done Johan190 winner with 4 of them.

:xmas-smiley-007::xmas-smiley-007::xmas-smiley-007::new_year:

david75 29th December 2014 20:52

Well done to Johan190.
Looking forward to reading what the next challenge topic will be.

coolcat 30th December 2014 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by david75 (Post 1876962)
Well done to Johan190.
Looking forward to reading what the next challenge topic will be.

Me too!

Hopefully I may get a chance to submit one on time ;)

Georgies Dad 30th December 2014 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1877238)
Me too!

Hopefully I may get a chance to submit one on time ;)

Hope its not a picture of our cars in the snow,we stand no chance living here in East Anglia

Gate Keeper 30th December 2014 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1876621)
Well first attempt did not go so good.

11 photos submitted.One past the dead line,some one posted two photos instead of one.
Only 7 votes to count.
Well done Johan190 winner with 4 of them.

:xmas-smiley-007::xmas-smiley-007::xmas-smiley-007::new_year:

Gosh Freddie, there are no flies on you :)

Congratulations to Johan 190 :Holly2:

myrover2013 30th December 2014 18:10

count me in,

johan190 31st December 2014 01:10

Thank you, it was a fun challenge!
The next topic will be to take a photo of our cars really dirty. We often see photos of shiny and polished 75/ZTs so why not switch it up. Why should be able to collect some dirt on our paintwork in this time of the year.
Would this be a good challenge or is this too difficult to capture on camera? Opinions or other ideas please.

Cheers

coolcat 31st December 2014 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by johan190 (Post 1878032)
The next topic will be to take a photo of our cars really dirty. We often see photos of shiny and polished 75/ZTs so why not switch it up. Why should be able to collect some dirt on our paintwork in this time of the year.
Would this be a good challenge or is this too difficult to capture on camera? Opinions or other ideas please.

Cheers

Oh.......not cleaning our cars, sounds tough.......I'm in:icon_lol:

freddie 31st December 2014 07:01

Quote:

Cheers

WHAT GET THE CAR DIRTY YOU MUST BE MAD>:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ok will try.

Simondi 31st December 2014 07:06

Count me in.....hopefully

Gate Keeper 31st December 2014 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1878075)
WHAT GET THE CAR DIRTY YOU MUST BE MAD>:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ok will try.

If you manage to get down to The Star meet Freddie, one or two turn up with dirty cars inside n out, dustbins ... Sorry guys. The nameless have always asked me never to do snap shots lol rather funny :) hopefully they will now join in the fun :Holly2:

Georgies Dad 31st December 2014 09:30

Thats it,I am off to empty the wheelie bin all over the back seats,and do a bit of offroading.

visfix 31st December 2014 14:05

I think even I could manage this one! ;)

sworks 31st December 2014 15:14

Aarrgggg I washed mine yesterday :)

johan190 31st December 2014 18:24

Alright, unwashed and dirty car it is!

reworht 31st December 2014 19:06

Right - a quick trip down to my mate's farm (unmade, 1 mile long cart track) and a drive round the huge barn where the cows live and erm ... do their business... during the Winter - then another trip home on the same cart track - job done :xmas-smiley-024:

A19_Graham 31st December 2014 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 1878617)
Right - a quick trip down to my mate's farm (unmade, 1 mile long cart track) and a drive round the huge barn where the cows live and erm ... do their business... during the Winter - then another trip home on the same cart track - job done :xmas-smiley-024:

Sounds like my journey home every night :Snow:

reworht 31st December 2014 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by A19_Graham (Post 1878627)
Sounds like my journey home every night :Snow:

That's no way to refer to the A19 & A689 Graham :xmas-smiley-024:

A19_Graham 31st December 2014 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by reworht (Post 1878639)
That's no way to refer to the A19 & A689 Graham :xmas-smiley-024:

Its what comes after that :)

Actually its not all that bad, just In the farmers bungalow, so the car gets filthy immediately, with tractors up and down all day and night.

And the Roads are filthy :(

Unicorn1 4th January 2015 14:06

1 Attachment(s)
Well here's mine - taken this afternoon just before I cleaned the old girl. This is about as dirty as she's been recently; there will be pictures of grubbier cars I'm sure, but lets get the ball rolling.

Spike 4th January 2015 15:20

Must... not... clean...
Must... not... clean...
Must... not... clean...
Must... not... clean...

http://i.imgur.com/bpjBdShl.jpg

ratsalad 4th January 2015 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 1881975)
Must... not... clean...
Must... not... clean...
Must... not... clean...
Must... not... clean...

http://i.imgur.com/bpjBdShl.jpg

Yes, looks quite fetching in that spotted mud coloured paint job :devil: I have a different shade of it, Silver ;)

Avulon 4th January 2015 21:06

I'll be up for this, I take it that entries will stay open until the end of the month?

The car is filthy at the moment, but have some things to sort out elsewhere before I think about indulging myself in some arty photography of the car I'm afraid. But should be able to get something in a week or two.

PS. Congrats to Johan on winning the December competition. And the chosen 'dirty' them is an excellent idea as well!

kurtDeVos 7th January 2015 13:43

1 Attachment(s)
After a 700 mile run she was a bit grubby!

freddie 7th January 2015 15:04

Going to make voting a bit awkward if people put THANKS to a post for saying something,
As this the way we were going to vote.

This thread needs to be thank s free till the voting starts do you not agree.

coolcat 7th January 2015 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1884613)
Going to make voting a bit awkward if people put THANKS to a post for saying something,
As this the way we were going to vote.

This thread needs to be thank s free till the voting starts do you not agree.

Oops......Sorry, couldn't resist:eek::getmecoat:

Wont the thanks being counted be only against the photos though Freddie?;)

freddie 7th January 2015 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1884621)
Oops......Sorry, couldn't resist:eek::getmecoat:

Wont the thanks being counted be only against the photos though Freddie?;)

Yes allready one under a photo Post 83

Rick-sta 7th January 2015 16:04

1 Attachment(s)
Mine needs a sponge thrown at it at the moment ;)

Rick-sta 7th January 2015 16:09

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my dads, very skilled at keeping his car dirty.

coolcat 7th January 2015 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1884643)
Yes allready one under a photo Post 83

Now I follow you ;)

Kenny m 9th January 2015 16:13

As I can see this thread getting ...well shall we say on the very long side, as a suggestion would it not be better to start a new one each month?,,,something like photo challenge Feb? starting next month.

Kenny

Avulon 10th January 2015 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny m (Post 1886377)
As I can see this thread getting ...well shall we say on the very long side, as a suggestion would it not be better to start a new one each month?,,,something like photo challenge Feb? starting next month.

Kenny

I was thinking along those same lines. A query: can a poll be added to thread or does the thread need to be started as a poll? (for voting). Could always have a thread for entries, and once entries a closed a mod could close that thread, then start a poll thread to see who wins. Discussion could be kept to a single separate thread. Just brainstorming, there's likely a few things wrong with those ideas.

Bam 11th January 2015 11:42

Thanks to coolcat, here's mine;

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6c22d953.jpg

Bam 11th January 2015 11:46

We have the same contest in the Netherlands but we start everytime a new thread with on the end a poll for voting.
I do not know if possible here?

coolcat 11th January 2015 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bam (Post 1888111)

Glad you posted it:}

Good luck Sir ;)

coolcat 12th January 2015 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by A19_Graham (Post 1889347)
Scary thing with this, is it was washed only 2 or 3 days before.

Is that the monogram mud splat finish Graham:D:bowdown:

A19_Graham 12th January 2015 20:30

Quote:

Cheers

Just for clarification, are we looking for the Dirtiest Car, or a good pic of the Car when it is Dirty???

A19_Graham 12th January 2015 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1889351)
Is that the monogram mud splat finish Graham:D:bowdown:

Something Like That Jeff, its living by a farm that does it, even when parked up. :eek:

Spike 12th January 2015 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by A19_Graham (Post 1889352)
Just for clarification, are we looking for the Dirtiest Car, or a good pic of the Car when it is Dirty???

I think the theme is just 'dirt' so we can interpret that as we want.

freddie 13th January 2015 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by A19_Graham (Post 1889352)

Hi Graham just to say the rules state only one photo also:}

A19_Graham 13th January 2015 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1889563)
Hi Graham just to say the rules state only one photo also:}

That was the reason for clarifying the details.

So I don't pick just the dirtiest one lol.

Ill remove the pics now, until I decide :duh:

david75 19th January 2015 20:46

1 Attachment(s)
here's my entry.

Georgies Dad 22nd January 2015 14:20

My tourer after a 440 mile trip From Norwich to Fareham and back yesterday

The Tempest grey actually makes the car look cleaner than it really is

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/a...0car%20008.jpg

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/a...0car%20006.jpg

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/a...0car%20002.jpg

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/a...0car%20001.jpg

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/a...0car%20003.jpg

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/a...0car%20005.jpg

coolcat 22nd January 2015 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by w44nty (Post 1897282)
My tourer after a 440 mile trip From Norwich to Fareham and back.

The Tempest grey actually makes the car look cleaner than it really is

No picture showing here Steve;)

Georgies Dad 22nd January 2015 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1897288)
No picture showing here Steve;)

They are now Jeff,tried to copy a slideshow but got confused and it did not work

coolcat 22nd January 2015 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by w44nty (Post 1897297)
They are now Jeff,tried to copy a slideshow but got confused and it did not work

You'll have that Freddie geezer onto you, posting more than one photo:eek::D;)

Georgies Dad 22nd January 2015 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1897301)

As long as they are on the same post it should be allowed.

How else can you show off the dirt properly.

I am only doing it for a bit of fun,photos taken with my cheapo point and shoot(heard that phrase before somewhere) Canon Sureshot.;)

If Freddie win I shall take Georgie around to see him:D

Georgies Dad 22nd January 2015 15:13

After seeing the rules it looks like it is only one photo allowed:duh::duh:,but in my opinion that is wrong,to show off a dirty car more than one photo should be allowed.:shrug::shrug::shrug:

I shall not delete any pictures because that is how I feel about it,I do not expect to win,there are no prizes its just a bit of fun,so for me its the more pictures the merrier,and giving peeps the chance to see the dirt from all angles.:shrug::shrug::shrug:

:smilie_re:Please feel free not to vote for me,I am more than happy not to win ,even if I did have a good idea for the next comp:getmecoat::getmecoat:

coolcat 22nd January 2015 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by w44nty (Post 1897308)
As long as they are on the same post it should be allowed.

How else can you show off the dirt properly.

I am only doing it for a bit of fun,photos taken with my cheapo point and shoot(heard that phrase before somewhere) Canon Sureshot.;)

If Freddie win I shall take Georgie around to see him:D

Only ribbing you Steve, you post away Sir:bowdown::D

FLYING BANANA 22nd January 2015 15:26

1 Attachment(s)
How about a dirty Banana

coolcat 22nd January 2015 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 1897326)
How about a dirty Banana

I reckon you've photoshopped that Bob:eek:

I've never seen Banana with so much as a speck of dust on her fine gleaming coach work :drool4::bowdown:

freddie 22nd January 2015 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1897301)

Not my rules post as many as you like.

Hard job getting photos of mine dirty its not a word Im used to.:D:D:D

Gate Keeper 22nd January 2015 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1897339)

I've never seen Banana with so much as a speck of dust on her fine gleaming coach work :drool4::bowdown:

Banana looks filthy Jeff, the real deal ;) and besides that, Bob does not have photo shop...good one Bob - nice detailing with the streaks of filth :D

Gate Keeper 22nd January 2015 16:27

Gosh Steve, What a beautiful number plate that is on the car. A lovely set of photos - thanks for sharing them with us sir! :)

Georgies Dad 22nd January 2015 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1897373)
Gosh Steve, What a beautiful number plate that is on the car. A lovely set of photos - thanks for sharing them with us sir! :)

I did write I am very dirty on the chrome work before taking the pic

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/a...ty%20car99.jpg

FLYING BANANA 22nd January 2015 17:24

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1897339)

She had done a lot of miles that week and I had washed her once but the January roads were filthy.
But always kept clean now.

coolcat 23rd January 2015 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 1897419)
She had done a lot of miles that week and I had washed her once but the January roads were filthy.
But always kept clean now.

That's the Banana I'm used to , bringing the sunshine into the dullest of days:bowdown::}

coolcat 25th January 2015 11:15

Here's my entry for this months photo challenge .
Taken today at a fishing lake in Great Holland.

The car is now clean after the photo shoot;)

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...psrer0asc2.jpg

Georgies Dad 25th January 2015 12:06

[QUOTE=coolcat;1900500]Here's ny entry for this months photo challenge .

Did you do a wheel spin in that muddy puddle:D

coolcat 25th January 2015 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by w44nty (Post 1900527)

Did you do a wheel spin in that muddy puddle:D

I might have.........;):D:getmecoat:
Made me feel young and rebellious again:}

Night Owl 26th January 2015 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1897323)
Only ribbing you Steve, you post away Sir:bowdown::D

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1900500)

That's good news then :}

Night Owl 26th January 2015 10:10

Quote:

freddie 26th January 2015 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Owl (Post 1901579)

Hope you helped Ros:D:D:D

coolcat 26th January 2015 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1901841)
Hope you helped Ros:D:D:D

Nope, neither Ros or I cleaned her, our friends the Kosovans did it;)

Ros is not used to this posting lark by the looks of it......she's posted the same thing twice :)

coolcat 31st January 2015 07:56

Well today is the last day for this months challenge.....anyone else submitting their photos?;)

Spike 31st January 2015 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1906399)
Well today is the last day for this months challenge.....anyone else submitting their photos?;)

Unfortunately, been without Spike all month as he's been holidaying with Kenton. I hope he'll be back for the next challenge!

coolcat 31st January 2015 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 1906403)
Unfortunately, been without Spike all month as he's been holidaying with Kenton. I hope he'll be back for the next challenge!

.......and in rude health as well:}

Spike 31st January 2015 08:08

Photo challenge?

I certainly hope so as I've got some door finishers on the way apparently!

Gate Keeper 1st February 2015 04:50

Quote:

10/10 Jeff, down and dirty :)

coolcat 1st February 2015 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1907342)
10/10 Jeff, down and dirty :)

If you think the car was dirty.....you should have seen me:eek::D

Thanks Phil:}

Georgies Dad 1st February 2015 15:53

Who wins then,when is the voting,or did we let ours cars get dirty for nothing:shrug:

coolcat 1st February 2015 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by w44nty (Post 1907818)
Who wins then,when is the voting,or did we let ours cars get dirty for nothing:shrug:

Seems to have gone a bit quiet Steve...
We need Simon to oversee the voting;)

Gate Keeper 2nd February 2015 04:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1907836)
Seems to have gone a bit quiet Steve...
We need Simon to oversee the voting;)

You had the most thanks Jeff, which makes you the winner :bowdown: Simon might be busy and in the interim, my opinion in no way undervalues Simons, or him not being here to make the call :bowdown:

It has been extra dry and extra hot in Kenya, so not a spot of dirt on the 4x4 all month, I could not post up.....shame :p:

Have you decided Jeff, what the next challenge is going to be? :)

coolcat 2nd February 2015 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1908407)
You had the most thanks Jeff, which makes you the winner :bowdown: Simon might be busy and in the interim, my opinion in no way undervalues Simons, or him not being here to make the call :bowdown:

It has been extra dry and extra hot in Kenya, so not a spot of dirt on the 4x4 all month, I could not post up.....shame :p:

Have you decided Jeff, what the next challenge is going to be? :)

Hi Phil,

I have pm'd Simon as well to check we have a go for this months photo competition :}

If so and its my choice for this months challenge I shall post up the next challenge later today;)

freddie 2nd February 2015 07:43

Did not know when the voting ended , have not voted yet.
What sort of time scale after the last day of the month ?Whos running this compition?:eek:

Georgies Dad 2nd February 2015 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie (Post 1908464)
Did not know when the voting ended , have not voted yet.
What sort of time scale after the last day of the month ?Whos running this compition?:eek:

Jeff has the most thanks which I believe makes him the winner:bowdown:

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.6080...4&pid=15.1&P=0

My measly effort was disqualified on the grounds of me infringing the rules:D

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.6080...=290&W=160&P=0

Lets hope Jeff makes it a bit easier this time,I still have some film left in the box brownie:D
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.6080...0&pid=15.1&P=0

coolcat 4th February 2015 22:14

I guess I better start the challenge for February then:}

As it is the month of love, the challenge is to have your car pictured in a romantic way.......I'll leave that all up to your vivid imagination ;)
Best of luck guys ands gals:bowdown:

Georgies Dad 7th February 2015 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1910912)
I guess I better start the challenge for February then:}

As it is the month of love, the challenge is to have your car pictured in a romantic way.......I'll leave that all up to your vivid imagination ;)
Best of luck guys ands gals:bowdown:

Better get the mattress out for the tourer then:D

coolcat 7th February 2015 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by w44nty (Post 1913027)
Better get the mattress out for the tourer then:D

No polishing the tail pipes now:eek::D:getmecoat:

coolcat 13th February 2015 08:53

Quick bump to try and drum up a bit of interest;)

FLYING BANANA 13th February 2015 09:20

1 Attachment(s)
9 months after one night of passion.

coolcat 13th February 2015 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 1917751)

Well done Bob:bowdown:

Gate Keeper 20th February 2015 12:47

Quote:

Brilliant :D

david75 28th February 2015 16:05

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my effort

coolcat 28th February 2015 16:23

Bit of a quiet month for this months entries, only two so let's get the votes in so we can choose a winner ready for March:}

Weso 28th February 2015 16:52

Quote:

What a great photo, love the special effects (Photoshop:shrug:)

Gate Keeper 28th February 2015 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by david75 (Post 1934284)
Here's my effort

Creative and clever David. I like it, so you have my vote!

Gate Keeper 28th February 2015 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weso (Post 1934337)
What a great photo, love the special effects (Photoshop:shrug:)

Bob does not use photoshop as he does not have it, however Bob does have other skills and talents. His entry is brilliant and imaginative :) if only I could vote for him as well.