The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Facebook (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=205124)

190SETOURING 9th January 2015 22:56

Facebook

Just deactivated my fb account, OMG i was waisting so much time on it:eek: so the only way to stop was to scrap it! Now back to reality:} sorry if you were my fb friend!

damienp 10th January 2015 00:06

facebook :dung:

MangoMan 10th January 2015 10:03

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...2.jpg~original

LOL.... :D

ratsalad 10th January 2015 10:12

I've tried several times to turn my back on facebook and deactivated it quite a few times, but always end up going back on. I have on a few occasions thought about completely deleting my account and not just deactivating it, but I just can't bring myself to go that far, I know I'll want to go back on.

pab 10th January 2015 10:17

I've joined a few 75/ZT groups which are interesting. Also been added by a few friends and family. This is all I want out of it.

coolcat 10th January 2015 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 1887000)
I've joined a few 75/ZT groups which are interesting. Also been added by a few friends and family. This is all I want out of it.

Same for me Paul,

I find it useful for keeping up with my family and friends who don't live local.
You can take as much or as little out of it as you wish like any other social media on the interweb ;)

pab 10th January 2015 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1887018)
Same for me Paul,

I find it useful for keeping up with my family and friends who don't live local.
You can take as much or as little out of it as you wish like any other social media on the interweb ;)

I've seen what you had for breakfast this AM. :}

coolcat 10th January 2015 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 1887021)
I've seen what you had for breakfast this AM. :}

Yep....but that was on here:drool4:
I shared lunch on Facebook yesterday though ;)

Gate Keeper 10th January 2015 14:20

A while back I was having a bad time and I commented how one of the Rover 75/ZT closed groups were being 2 faced in tolerating some of its members running the OC down whilst these guys retained membership here. Maybe they feared that I would name the dissenters, but within a matter of hours of my post, I had expected a back lash/ban for voicing my opinion.

Instead none came and rather interestingly since then, all negativity about the OC, its members and the mods has stopped. Well done to the admin of this closed group for taking control and for stamping on the trouble makers and for getting back to basics ...pure 75, pure Zed :)

wraymond 10th January 2015 14:35

"closed" Phil?

190SETOURING 10th January 2015 14:45

The joke is you just dont realise how much time you waste on it and for what? Enough is enough.

murphyv310 11th January 2015 09:54

Hi.
I've never been on Facebook and never will. I really don't understand where people get all their time from. I enjoy my time with my wife and family, my grand kids, cars and my collection of old Radios and TV sets (see my avatar) I also enjoy a couple of forums, including this great one. I still have to work, eat, sleep, do my share at home too.
So FB is a no no for me, I'm also surprised at how many say it can cause rifts and trouble, so if it floats your boat fair enough, for me though I've enough in my life without another distraction.

Yella Fella 11th January 2015 11:00

I've resisted FB also. I see too often (via my work) that FB is used as a means for people to be nasty to others. Surprisingly it all goes on without proper monitoring which is a real concern and this is the main reason FB find itself in the media for the wrong reasons.

Spike 11th January 2015 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1887220)
A while back I was having a bad time and I commented how one of the Rover 75/ZT closed groups were being 2 faced in tolerating some of its members running the OC down whilst these guys retained membership here. Maybe they feared that I would name the dissenters, but within a matter of hours of my post, I had expected a back lash/ban for voicing my opinion.

Instead none came and rather interestingly since then, all negativity about the OC, its members and the mods has stopped. Well done to the admin of this closed group for taking control and for stamping on the trouble makers and for getting back to basics ...pure 75, pure Zed :)

I joined some of those Facebook groups too but quickly unjoined them too! There are good groups too

Tam 11th January 2015 11:11

I use Facebook and find it good for lots of things! And like all screen based communication there will be bad also.
Yesterday my wife picked a purse up in a car park. I searched the bt phone book for the name on the bank card but nothing came up. I then tried putting the name into Facebook and found someone correct gender and initials. So as a result sent a message and the person had her purse back within 30 minutes;)
Just an example something more positive about Facebook. :}

Vossy 11th January 2015 11:33

No Facebook for me, I spend enough time on computers and my mobile without adding anything extra to look at.

Gate Keeper 11th January 2015 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 1887238)
"closed" Phil?

Good afternoon Ray :)

Closed means membership is by invitation only. One group wants to play a game called farm saga. I keep getting invitations to join the farm game, but can't be doing with it, as is not my cup of tea. Another group is an offshoot of a Rover 75 and ZT group and is for people who like to fly model helicopters and planes. Quite harmless and is fun :) Another group called The Breakfast Club goes on about food. I had to leave the group as some of the photos made me feel hungry all of the time.

I visit FB maybe 2-3 times a month.

wraymond 12th January 2015 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1888147)
Good afternoon Ray :)

Closed means membership is by invitation only. One group wants to play a game called farm saga. I keep getting invitations to join the farm game, but can't be doing with it, as is not my cup of tea. Another group is an offshoot of a Rover 75 and ZT group and is for people who like to fly model helicopters and planes. Quite harmless and is fun :) Another group called The Breakfast Club goes on about food. I had to leave the group as some of the photos made me feel hungry all of the time.

I visit FB maybe 2-3 times a month.

Hi Phil. Aahh, now I understand! I wondered what thread on here had given you trouble. Thought it sounded rare! I have no knowledge or experience of FB (or Twotter). Never even been curious after reading about the attacks on other members that are made. Thanks.

FLYER 12th January 2015 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by damienp (Post 1886809)
facebook :dung:

My stepdaughter split with her boyfriend 2 weeks ago .

At the weekend one of his mates posted vile stuff aimed at her .

Facebook is the invention of the devil and custom made for ratbags and cowards.

wraymond 12th January 2015 11:38

You would have thought that people had better things to do than just slag each other off. Then you look at some of those who have large followings and many 'friends' and you begin to realise the rot has gone very deep. Maybe it's better than living in the real world. It's all rather scary. Better a friend you can actually shake hands with.

visfix 12th January 2015 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 1888922)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 1888943)
Better a friend you can actually shake hands with.

Quote(s) of the month.:bowdown:

ratsalad 12th January 2015 12:13

Love how all users of facebook get tarred with the same brush :getmecoat:

Gate Keeper 12th January 2015 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 1888917)
Hi Phil. Aahh, now I understand! I wondered what thread on here had given you trouble. Thought it sounded rare! I have no knowledge or experience of FB (or Twotter). Never even been curious after reading about the attacks on other members that are made. Thanks.

Hello Ray

I had tried to make light of Face Book by calling it Farce Book in a thread here. Well, that comment was taken that I was running Face Book down and why was it.

I could have let it go, but then decided to reveal how some of the posters on FB loved to moan and groan about certain well known OC members and moderators. The same interlopers remain OC members. Consequently this was knocked on the head by the admin of that group. I am not able to name this group or the members who said what.

Some of these members then branched away from the cleaned up group, to form their own group, no doubt to pursue the bleating, the character assassinations and their political right wing ideation. Ultimately these groups often finish up on a path to self destruction. One hopes that the nieve and the innocent picked up or seduced along the way, do not end up getting hurt or brainwashed.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to leave FB. Having said that I have friends and family around the world who use it to keep contact, share photos and common interests or use it to wear their hearts on their sleeves :)

wraymond 12th January 2015 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratsalad (Post 1888965)
Love how all users of facebook get tarred with the same brush :getmecoat:

You have a point John. The only thing is by the time you include all the exceptions to the rule you've lost the audience. We can only go by the way it strikes us: if that's misrepresentative it's also a measure of just how bad the reputation is. It's easy for fools to criticise the individual rather than the medium - you don't have to provide facts to back up your tirade - and then you can hide until you get the one or two similar minded fools following you!

As an example, what would you think that strangers to this forum might have as an opinion of the way we all generally behave? Somewhat different to FB I hope!

wraymond 12th January 2015 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1888981)
Hello Ray

I had tried to make light of Face Book by calling it Farce Book in a thread here. Well, that comment was taken that I was running Face Book down and why was it.

I could have let it go, but then decided to reveal how some of the posters on FB loved to moan and groan about certain well known OC members and moderators. The same interlopers remain OC members. Consequently this was knocked on the head by the admin of that group. I am not able to name this group or the members who said what.

Some of these members then branched away from the cleaned up group, to form their own group, no doubt to pursue the bleating, the character assassinations and their political right wing ideation. Ultimately these groups often finish up on a path to self destruction. One hopes that the nieve and the innocent picked up or seduced along the way, do not end up getting hurt or brainwashed.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to leave FB. Having said that I have friends and family around the world who use it to keep contact, share photos and common interests or use it to wear their hearts on their sleeves :)

Thanks for that Phil, I'm a bit slow on the uptake recently (health uncertainty now resolving) and was floundering! Agree with all you say. Strikes me as predictable that fifth columns prefer anonymity.

RPWC 12th January 2015 22:17

Had it. not been for Facebook,another MGR forum wouldn't be having the problems it is currently experiencing.

Robson Rover Repair 12th January 2015 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 1887000)

Bingo. It's nice to communicate in a more visual way that a text but it's people's whole lives on it is strange.

MangoMan 12th January 2015 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 1888922)

Yeah, and condemned by some..... ;)

MangoMan 12th January 2015 23:00

Yeah, you see. Not nice being insulted is it..

And I have great respect for the Devil, helps me recognise certain types of people using comparisons.....

MangoMan 13th January 2015 08:33

Just to point out that I didn't delete the other term for 'Richard Head'. (That was done for me). But seeing the amount of complaints it received it's done it's job, which saves me repeating what I still stand by.....lol. :D

coolcat 13th January 2015 09:00

It seems Facebook is polarising opinion somewhat!

Remember that it is only a tool for communication and as such it is the people that make it as good or as bad as they want it:eek:

If you don't want all the trolling and internet keyboard warriors make yourself private on there and be selective on who you 'Friend', idiots can soon be deleted ;)

I have never encountered any problems with it but I don't really use any of the group things on there and mostly my friends are those that are my friends in the real world :}

sikelsh 13th January 2015 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1889599)

Remember that it is only a tool for communication and as such it is the people that make it as good or as bad as they want it:eek:

If you don't want all the trolling and internet keyboard warriors make yourself private on there and be selective on who you 'Friend', idiots can soon be deleted ;)

I have never encountered any problems with it but I don't really use any of the group things on there and mostly my friends are those that are my friends in the real world :}

Can only agree with the above, I do wonder how many of the detractors said something along the lines of "bah, Internet, what do we need that for" then some years later got on board..;)

Simon

FLYER 13th January 2015 09:27

Did I miss something last night ...:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

wraymond 13th January 2015 09:36

Not really, George. Just some F/B behaviour spreading to here, sort of proving the point really. Disappointing, hope it doesn't catch on. Apparently some complained although I wasn't one of them, preferred to not respond.

FLYER 13th January 2015 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 1889620)
Not really, George. Just some F/B behaviour spreading to here, sort of proving the point really. Disappointing, hope it doesn't catch on. Apparently some complained although I wasn't one of them, preferred to not respond.

Oh right....

I won't either then ..:D

wraymond 13th January 2015 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 1889599)

You're right Jeff. Unfortunately there are those that take advantage of the goodwill and spoil the benefits for the others. Or perhaps there may be misunderstandings giving rise to inappropriate responses.

Alan_G 13th January 2015 12:23

Facebook is like the rest of the internet. Only look at what your interested. Don't ask randoms to be your "friend". Use the privacy settings and most things are fine. I use it mainly to keep in contact with family and friends. I also enjoy some btcc groups etc.

ratsalad 13th January 2015 16:05

Take away the moderation and this forum wouldn't be much different to Facebook if some of the threads I've seen get locked and moderated over the couple of years I've been here is anything to go by.

klarzy 13th January 2015 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratsalad (Post 1889867)
Take away the moderation and this forum wouldn't be much different to Facebook if some of the threads I've seen get locked and moderated over the couple of years I've been here is anything to go by.

threads on here are the same as any type of typed communication, you get your own mood and emotions when you read a message, not the senders... this is easily miss interpreted without the benefit of tone, expression and body language... things can blow up quickly... been on both ends myself, never intentionally but it happens...

ratsalad 13th January 2015 18:14

Exactly my point, calling down one medium when you're on a similar platform albeit a moderated one is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. I don't agree with some of the things that goes on or is said on Facebook and on here, and those that offend me I just ignore. Those that know (not sure how many on here do) me on facebook know that I usually have a laugh on there, usually aimed at my own misadventures, and I have been known to wear heart on my sleeve on occasions,

The point is that everyone has their own reasons for using whichever social medium that takes their fancy, to be taken to task for that is wrong, in my opinion anyway.

wraymond 13th January 2015 18:14

And there in a nutshell you have the benefits of measured moderation! A civilising and progressive hand on the tiller!

Gate Keeper 14th January 2015 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 1888992)
Thanks for that Phil, I'm a bit slow on the uptake recently (health uncertainty now resolving) and was floundering! Agree with all you say. Strikes me as predictable that fifth columns prefer anonymity.

Hello Ray

It is good to hear that your health is on the mend. This is what really matters at the end of the day, more than anything else, FB included. I hope you continue to get better.

Warmest regards

Phil

damienp 18th March 2015 10:37

I've just checked my emails, and from facebook there's a request to be friends with Michelle Keegan. Well I've turned it down. The woman's had her chance in life with me. She's missed out big time, so it's her loss. :getmecoat:

Les4048 18th March 2015 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan_G (Post 1889750)
Facebook is like the rest of the internet. Only look at what your interested. Don't ask randoms to be your "friend". Use the privacy settings and most things are fine. I use it mainly to keep in contact with family and friends. I also enjoy some btcc groups etc.

Spot on Alan. I'm admin in a few groups and have one of my own which is closed and just a few members who love cars, lorries and even tractors. There are other groups where things can get out of hand but I'd say that happens any where

FLYER 18th March 2015 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by damienp (Post 1951194)
I've just checked my emails, and from facebook there's a request to be friends with Michelle Keegan. Well I've turned it down. The woman's had her chance in life with me. She's missed out big time, so it's her loss. :getmecoat:

Whatever !!!!!!!!!:D

Berty Jones 19th March 2015 18:37

I have a Facebook account but don't get on there much. It's nice to keep in contact with those friends and family who are on the other side of the world.

My wife has an account and is forever playing stupid games on there. My grand children practically live on it. I suppose it's a sign of the times.

barney bear 19th March 2015 21:15

Facebook:mad:
http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8zbfifge.jpg

trikey 19th March 2015 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by damienp (Post 1951194)

More like Kevin Keegan :getmecoat:

damienp 19th March 2015 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 1952977)
More like Kevin Keegan :getmecoat:

I loved it when we beat them :D