The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: Scotland (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Gretna Meet 16th July (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=324344)

Simondi 3rd June 2023 05:13

Gretna Meet 16th July

1 Attachment(s)
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...1&d=1653719199

Where: Gretna Green Centre : DG16 5EA
When: Sunday 16th July 1100 - 1500
Who: Open to all

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...1&d=1653720694
Although this is primarily a Rover 75 & MGZT meet all members vehicles are welcome
I have requested the grass area adjacent to the overflow carpark - the intention is to have a 75/ZT area on one side of the field and any other members vehicles on the other side - lets get a bit of variety

For those who have not been to Gretna before the venue is excellent, we have our own parking area. The centre offers food, shopping, 'The Gretna Experience ' and for those brave enough an opportunity to renew your vows!!!
Full details about the venue can be found on the hosts website https://www.gretnagreen.com/discover

I will start an attendance thread below, please post up if you can come along letting me know what car you hope to bring.

See you there
[/CENTER]

EVENT DISCLAIMER:

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet
and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance.
Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Simondi 3rd June 2023 05:14

Attendance list

Actros - 75
Aldo - MGTF
BigD - 75
Bluejon & Silvervixen
Bri & Pink Duchess
Dave Christison - MGF Trophey
Elroy - MGZTT. - Twiggy
Ewan Blair - MGTF
Graham1961 - Firefrost 75 saloon
Ian Lindsay -
J1mbo
JT - Rover 75
MDMH757 - 75 Tourer / Arden Green
RevJules & Dawn - 75 Tourer Black Pearl
Roverqueen
Rod Anderson - MGTF
Simondi - MGTF
Split Pin - 75
Steamrally
Suzublu - 75 Wedgewood blue
Sworks - MGTF
TheSoundCollector - 75
YellaFella - MGTF

Split_Pin 4th June 2023 08:34

I will be there in my 75.

Simondi 4th June 2023 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Split_Pin (Post 2970479)
I will be there in my 75.

Excellent, see you then

suzublu 4th June 2023 11:28

If I have to 😁

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Simondi 4th June 2023 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2970492)
If I have to 😁

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Aye you do:D it will be good to see you

onceaknight 5th June 2023 08:38

Ladies it for the 75andZT club meet not an Invite to tie the knot. :D:D Just teasing.:bowdown:

sworks 5th June 2023 16:13

Probably in the TF it’s sunny 😎

Graham1961 5th June 2023 16:13

I'll be there in my firefrost 75 saloon.

bigd 15th June 2023 07:48

please put my name down :}

Yella Fella 21st June 2023 05:54

Yella Fella returns . . . in a TF.

JT 21st June 2023 21:26

Gretna meet

Hi Simon.
Please add my name to the list.
I will bring along the extra item as requested.
Rest assured it was not put up for sale on ebay.
Regards JT.

Simondi 22nd June 2023 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt (Post 2971887)
hi simon.
Please add my name to the list.
I will bring along the extra item as requested.
Rest assured it was not put up for sale on ebay.
Regards jt.

brilliant, looking forward to catching up

Simondi 22nd June 2023 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yella Fella (Post 2971833)
Yella Fella returns . . . in a TF.

Aye but is not Yella:eek::D

Simondi 26th June 2023 17:32

Great to see so many cars from MGFun registering to come along;)

RPWC 26th June 2023 19:18

Waiting for a see of a local friend is going, if he does I’ll probably come..

Simondi 27th June 2023 06:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2972265)

Fingers crossed, it would be good to see you

myfirstrover 5th July 2023 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2972265)

Hopefully Rich !

TheSoundCollector 6th July 2023 18:23

I hope to make it in my 75 (I don't currently trust the ZX enough to take it 200 miles from home!). Will be good to see you all :}

Simondi 8th July 2023 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSoundCollector (Post 2973069)
I hope to make it in my 75 (I don't currently trust the ZX enough to take it 200 miles from home!). Will be good to see you all :}

Superb, look forward to catching up

Simondi 8th July 2023 06:36

I know that some of our kin from down south are maybe a bit worried due to lack of rain. This being the case I've organised for 'light showers and a moderate breeze' for next Sunday:getmecoat:

BBC Weather - Gretna

Yella Fella 11th July 2023 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2971976)
Aye but is not Yella:eek::D

I'm colour blind. They said it was yella when i was buying it lol.

Yella Fella 11th July 2023 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2972257)
Great to see so many cars from MGFun registering to come along;)

Ive organised a run to Gretna however some said they will be making there own way there.

Simondi 13th July 2023 12:53

Looking forward to what should be a good day. Weather wise it looks do be damp:mad:
I had hoped to use the grassy area we have used I. The past but given the amount of rain it may be wiser to use a one of the carparks.
I will have a look when I'm down on Saturday and then make the call.
We are staying over in Gretna on the Saturday evening, if anyone wants to meet for a pint or something to eat just shout out.

See you all on Sunday

Rev Jules 13th July 2023 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2973605)
Looking forward to what should be a good day. Weather wise it looks do be damp:mad:
I had hoped to use the grassy area we have used I. The past but given the amount of rain it may be wiser to use a one of the carparks.
I will have a look when I'm down on Saturday and then make the call.
We are staying over in Gretna on the Saturday evening, if anyone wants to meet for a pint or something to eat just shout out.

See you all on Sunday

Hi Simon.

We are staying in Smiths Hotel, Friday/Sat/Sunday, would love to meet up.

Rev.

stocktake 13th July 2023 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2973623)
Hi Simon.

Rev.

Bit posh for you isn't it Donald?

Bet Actros isn't staying there :D

Simondi 13th July 2023 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2973623)
Hi Simon.

Rev.

Would be great to see you on Saturday evening for dinner

Rev Jules 13th July 2023 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2973626)
Bit posh for you isn't it Donald?

Bet Actros isn't staying there :D

Hi Taffy.

He wanted to meet up for a meal we booked there because I knew he couldn’t afford it. LoL.

CLIFF.

Rev Jules 13th July 2023 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2973634)
Would be great to see you on Saturday evening for dinner

Hi,
Wherever you fancy Smiths, is a bit pricey.

Rev.

Simondi 13th July 2023 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2973648)
Hi,
Wherever you fancy Smiths, is a bit pricey.

Rev.

I'm sure we will find somewhere, we can have a scout around on Saturday. I will send you a PM with my mobile number

Simon

Rev Jules 13th July 2023 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2973649)
I'm sure we will find somewhere, we can have a scout around on Saturday. I will send you a PM with my mobile number

Simon

No Problem.

Rev

Simondi 13th July 2023 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2973651)
No Problem.

Rev

JUst had a look, howsabout this place.

https://www.hunterslodgehotel.co.uk/food

Rev Jules 14th July 2023 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2973652)

Hi Simon.
that looks fine by us go for it if you can get in.

Julien.

RPWC 14th July 2023 14:20

Looks like I’ll be there, I’m coming with Brian.

Rev Jules 14th July 2023 16:35

Arrived at Gretna after a horrendous journey up, remind me never too stop at Scotch Corner Again an absolute dump.
Simon can’t get a signal on my phone at the moment. Keep me posted of any change.

Cheers.

Rev.

Yella Fella 15th July 2023 15:02

I have a of spare LED rings for the rear lights. Never used them. Ill bring them with me tomorrow if they are any good to anyone.

TheSoundCollector 15th July 2023 19:30

Evening All, I’ve thankfully made it down just fine today, but I went to move the car a moment ago and it is now quite obviously not firing on one of the cylinders. I’ll hope it dries out by tomorrow, but just in case, would any of you be able to bring along a diagnostic computer? Would be much appreciated if so. The car is a 2.0 V6. Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Split_Pin 15th July 2023 20:02

What car park are we going for?

stocktake 16th July 2023 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2973652)

Looks quite nice that, did you enjoy it?

J1MBO 16th July 2023 08:31

Hope it's a great meet and the weather's kind, just a pity we can't make it.

Let's see lots of pictures.

Best Jim

MDMH757 16th July 2023 11:15

Hi All,

Apolgies, unable to attend today, have a family issue that I need to attend to...
hope the weather is kind and is a good day

Best regards

Maurice

Split_Pin 16th July 2023 16:57

Many thanks to Simondi for organising a great meet.

It was great to speak to lots of new people and find out about their 75/ZTs.

stocktake 16th July 2023 17:40

My first Gretna meet. Met some people we hadn't seen for years, Colin, Simon, Mark, especially nice to see Rich again and finally get to meet Terry from TS Autos. Keep bumping into Roy at meets, thanks ever so much for the Vis cases. Brian just couldn't keep his hands off the cars and nice to catch up with the usual suspects John, Brian, the Rev J and partners. Sorry if I forgot anyone

Totally shocked to be awarded the trophy my old bus certainly wasn't the best on show, I suspect vote rigging.
Never got to meet Tam but his reputation went before him and it is an honour to be the keeper for a year of a reminder of all he did for people throughout his years. Hope everyone who knew him will join us in raising a glass to him tonight wherever you are. Cheers everyone
Dave & Marina

myfirstrover 16th July 2023 17:52

Nice to catch up with everyone today , a reminder of happier times :}

Simondi 16th July 2023 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDMH757 (Post 2973863)
Hi All,

Apolgies, unable to attend today, have a family issue that I need to attend to...
hope the weather is kind and is a good day

Best regards

Maurice

No worries, look forward to next time

Simondi 16th July 2023 18:54

Well, what a great day.
Congratulations to Dave 'Stocktake' on winning best in show. Despite what he says the car does look beautiful and the win is well deserved.
Also congratulations to Mark 'Sworks' for winning best non 75/ZT with his Sunspot TF.

It was a really good turn out and it was great to catch up with so many old friends from the club, especially those who traveled so far to get there, Rev Jules ( thanks for the company lat dinner yesterday) Stocktake from down south and Sound collector from up North ( I hope you get home safely).
It was especially great to see so many folk from MGFun ( Caledonian MG Car Club).
Special mention also to those two fantastic Montegos - stunning.
I'm sure others will post better photos than me but till then here is the link for mine.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gdjpTNuYH2xoAiKF9

Thanks to everyone for making it such a good day

J1MBO 16th July 2023 19:10

Thanks for the pictures Simon :bowdown:, makes up in part for not being able to get there.

Best regards
Jim

BRI 16th July 2023 19:26

Yet another great meet just hope Stocktakes cheque doesn’t bounce!! Rigged indeed😀

2Diesels 16th July 2023 19:41

Had a nice day out today. It was a bit of a last minute decision but I’m pleased I made it.
Some very nice cars on display today, if I’d given myself a bit more warning I could have given the 260 a bit of a spruce up, but that & the fact the usual warning light was on I decided just to travel across in the XC90.

Had a good natter with some old friends, met some new faces & generally enjoyed myself. Nice to finally meet Terry of TS Autos fame.
Great to see Dave (stocktake) I don’t know how many years it’s been, must have been one of the big nanos at the 4 ashes???

RPWC 16th July 2023 20:12

I went today with Brian, first time I’ve been there for about 4years. Been too ill really to manage last year.
Met a few regular meets we used to see each time we had one on previous years, a few people I haven’t seen for a few years since I went to a previous meet ,but haven’t thanks to people wishing me good wishes and hoping I get to eventually get back to work next year. Thanks Brian for the coffee we had, and thank you for travelling me there and back home . It was nice chatting to a few I haven’t seen for a while, hopefully next year I’ll take my own car to get there.

sworks 16th July 2023 23:25

I do like the Gretna meet, thanks for sorting it Simon. Brilliant to catch up with some very good friends and to meet some new ones…

Rev Jules 17th July 2023 06:03

Gretna

Many thanks to Simon for once again taking the time and effort for organising this gathering, and many thanks from Dawn and myself for Simon And Miriam’s company for dinner Saturday night,
The weather was kind although the wind was a bit OTT, great cars and good to meet some of our Northern brethren, Marina Brian and Terry pulled out all the stop and try to fix Sound Collectors car, what would we do without these kind a brilliant people who took time on there day off to help, hope you got home okay with no problems.
We are going to try for an early start, to all those who going home this morning please drive safe and we shall meet up again in the near future.

Rev.

Gate Keeper 17th July 2023 06:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2973902)
Well, what a great day.
Congratulations to Dave 'Stocktake' on winning best in show. Despite what he says the car does look beautiful and the win is well deserved.
Also congratulations to Mark 'Sworks' for winning best non 75/ZT with his Sunspot TF.

It was a really good turn out and it was great to catch up with so many old friends from the club, especially those who traveled so far to get there, Rev Jules ( thanks for the company lat dinner yesterday) Stocktake from down south and Sound collector from up North ( I hope you get home safely).
It was especially great to see so many folk from MGFun ( Caledonian MG Car Club).
Special mention also to those two fantastic Montegos - stunning.
I'm sure others will post better photos than me but till then here is the link for mine.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gdjpTNuYH2xoAiKF9

Thanks to everyone for making it such a good day

Thank you Simon for taking the photos and for posting them up for everyone to see, in particular for those of us who could not to make it.

RPWC 17th July 2023 07:22

First time I’ve seen the pictures today, was nice to see how many people went to the meet at Gretna.

Gate Keeper 17th July 2023 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2973939)
First time I’ve seen the pictures today, was nice to see how many people went to the meet at Gretna.

A nice photo of you Richard. Is that Graham with you? I am glad to hear you made it the meet with Brian, what a lovely day out and a chance to catch up with old and new friends.

RPWC 17th July 2023 09:14

Yes I had a bit chat with Graham a couple minutes a few times a lot yesterday.

elroy 17th July 2023 11:01

6 Attachment(s)
Just a few from yesterdayAttachment 88741Attachment 88742Attachment 88743Attachment 88744Attachment 88745Attachment 88746

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

elroy 17th July 2023 11:26

4 Attachment(s)
just a couple off the camera

J1MBO 17th July 2023 19:17

Cheers Roy :bowdown: thanks for sharing.

Jim

TheSoundCollector 17th July 2023 19:45

Thanks very much Simon for hosting us all, and thanks all for the get home safely wishes. Despite the broken car it was still a happy event! It was good to see people whom I had met at last year's event, and good to meet people whom I had not.

Huge thanks to Terry and Brian for giving it their best on my car while refusing any sort of reimbursement. In the end, a replacement spark plug did the trick. The breakdown cover chap removed the one from cylinder 5 - which looked perfectly serviceable - and fitted it to the cylinder 3 coil, and it sparked just fine. It turned out that the ceramic portion (top half) of the plug in cylinder 3 had come loose. New spark plug fitted and away it went. So hopefully that's all it was! I am now safely home, and the car is safely at Dreadnought. I hope everybody else made it home safely, too.

2Diesels 17th July 2023 20:56

Pleased you got sorted & it was a nice cheap fix. That’s a very nice car you’ve got there