The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Overseas Club Members Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   French members, please speak up !! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=141147)

fredletouriste 11th May 2014 23:35

Non Francis, il y a quelques membres français, mais très rares...

Tasng4 21st May 2014 08:51

Well bonjour mon ami!

We live in the Drome (26) near Lus La Croix Haute. We've lived here since 2007 and imported our 2002 MG ZT-T 160+ when we came as the price of 2nd hand French cars is ludicrous. We decided for the cost of importing vs selling in the UK and buying here we'd have a far superior car.

I don't think I'm a huge club/forum user but I do find it FANTASTIC for obtaining help.

If I can be of any help to les membres Francais I'm happy to do so.

pletevl 29th May 2014 08:02

Bonjour,

Just imported a 75 cdti contemporary to France, off to the prefecture in Nancy on Friday to register it, hope I have everything.

Pete.

kaiser 4th June 2014 15:44

[QUOTE=Dragrad;14.....

May ddrwg da fi am achosi'r camddeallwriaeth yma :getmecoat:[/QUOTE]
Jeg er ked af at du fik en kartoffel galt i halsen. Haaber det gaar bedre nu!:Daa

COLVERT 5th June 2014 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by pletevl (Post 1690620)
Bonjour,

Just imported a 75 cdti contemporary to France, off to the prefecture in Nancy on Friday to register it, hope I have everything.

Pete.

How did you get on ??? Get it registered OK ???

Colvert. :D

pletevl 5th June 2014 16:24

Non,

Couldn't get the "quetis" from the local tax office, to say she was dumb and didn't know what she was on about is an understatement. She even said, and I quote, "United Kingdom isn't in Europe is it ? " !

She wanted the V5 log book to be translated, wouldn't accept my "carte de sejour" because the address isn't up to date, but it's a Permanent carte so no need to update it. And to top it all off, said I had to go and get the car controlled "aux mines".

I just wanted to kill there and then.

Ended up going to the tax office in Nancy, that started off as a joke too.

The uk log book is in my name, at my mothers address. That was a mistake. They just couldn't understand how I could have 2 addresses, one in the uk and one in France.

It went on for over an hour until the chef de service was called, he said I had to see "les douanes" !?!?!

To cut a long story short as they say, he phoned les douanes and was basically told off for being thick and stupid and to deliver the quetis.

I can now go to the prefecture. I can't see it going smoothly.

Wish me luck.

Pete.

petespieces 5th June 2014 18:34

Good luck, you've done the easy bit :}

pletevl 5th June 2014 19:08

We did it 4 years ago with a TF and it went really well. This time round it looks like it's going to be a bit of a pain in the rear.

The Grocer 3rd February 2016 20:31

What about a French Club?

Going to resurrect this thread....
I live (part time) near Chalais (16), any members around here think it a good idea to have a get together and make a start for a Rover 75 French Club?

Originally from Wales I now live part time in Greece and the rest here in France (as stated)......

[IMG]http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/z...psfewt625e.jpg[/IMG]

bl52krz 5th February 2016 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredletouriste (Post 1267247)
Hi!

Another french member! From Orleans, but sometimes in Normandy during summer, Rover addict (the 75 is my 3rd one!) even if I'm not around really often (I promise I will be here more often than I used to!). I know French Mike from the french forum.

Thanks to Sean (aka RadioGuy), my 75 has a new stereo since last summer!

:}

Went to Orleans on the grand tour through France and down through Italy. Very memorable.