The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The Midlands (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Meet Ideas (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=71030)

Morrisfan 17th November 2010 07:34

What about East Kirkby in Lincolnshire, where they house and run up the Lancaster bomber? They hold other events.

Jake 18th November 2010 21:43

Although not Midlands - there's no reason why we couldnt have one in Blackpool (better than Skegvegas!) - would have to be unofficial - as the criterion for it to be official - don't IMHO make it worthwhile.

Something like that would be good to do as an overnighter I think. Meet Saturday, have a few (cough) drinks and then something on the Sunday.

East Kirkby would be another good one - there was the All Rover Meeting there this July.

Although not a massive issue, but technically it is upto Brian (Actros) to organise meets in Lincolnshire - but I am sure we can do something! ;)

woolleysox 19th November 2010 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrisfan (Post 619277)
What about East Kirkby in Lincolnshire, where they house and run up the Lancaster bomber? They hold other events.

We did that earlier this year a great day out and they started up the Lancaster now thats an awsome sound makes our v8s sound a bit pale by comparison,:D I would do that trip again.

backoboy 20th November 2010 15:14

Hi Jake, how about Newark Air Museum or Newstead Abbey, now that would be a beautiful backdrop for all our cars and the Abbey is well worth a look round.
pete.:D.

Jake 21st November 2010 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by backoboy (Post 621528)
Hi Jake, how about Newark Air Museum or Newstead Abbey, now that would be a beautiful backdrop for all our cars and the Abbey is well worth a look round.
pete.:D.

Newark Air Museum is down on my list. Newstead Abbey sounds great for one perhaps nexy year!:}

woolleysox 13th December 2010 13:44

motorbike museum on 19th Dec 2010 already have 20+ names you are welcome to join us :icon_razz:

I also like Mr Edds idea convoy down the front at Blackpool and I would be up for that one..:xmas-smiley-041:

starbug2 13th December 2010 15:49

i understand a mg lot drove along the sea front at blackpool , in the rain with their tops down :group:

woolleysox 13th December 2010 22:58

I will keep my sun roof closed:icon_razz::xmas-smiley-041:

Quote:

Originally Posted by starbug2 (Post 634219)
i understand a mg lot drove along the sea front at blackpool , in the rain with their tops down :group:

Jake 14th December 2010 01:15

I'm really keen on this Idea of Blackpool - why don't we have a chat about it this Sunday at the meet? :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Mr Edd 14th December 2010 18:39

Sounds good to me, I'd get a chance to pop to Lytham St Annes where I grew up.

BTW Can I suggest another venue. How about The Prescott Hill climb. I went a couple of years ago and they have sections cordoned off for different manufacturers. They did have one section for MG Rovers But I can't remember how many were there.

I took these photos to give you a feel for it... Click Me

It truly is a fantastic day out for the family.

Edd