The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Highest MPG Competition beat 60.81 mpg. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=535)

Livermpj 11th November 2006 11:46

I've also managed 60mpg

If proof were needed the 75 is a motorway cruiser, then it's the MPG.
I average 43mpg normally, but I've also managed 60mpg on the motorway (measured by filling, driving, then re-filling the tank).
Only if you drive at 60-70mph though..........

Pete.;)

GreyGhost 11th November 2006 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 4890)
Pah.

I've squeezed 43mpg from a KV6.

Hitching your car up to a horse for part of the journey is cheating. :zap:
Where's your proof? :laughing2:

Pete 11th November 2006 12:16

50 MPH all the way from Ruislip to Warwick services, Full tank start and refill at the pump, calculated it out. Okay, maybe the tyre pressures were a bit high and I had slackened off the wheel bearings a few pounds too........

GreyGhost 11th November 2006 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 4909)
Okay, maybe the tyre pressures were a bit high and I had slackened off the wheel bearings a few pounds too........

.......:panic:.......

baxlin 11th November 2006 15:52

I assume we're not accepting a photo of the trip readout as proof, otherwise those with Tu3 etc should wipe the floor!

GreyGhost 11th November 2006 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxlin (Post 4980)
I assume we're not accepting a photo of the trip readout as proof, otherwise those with Tu3 etc should wipe the floor!

We are expecting a photograph of the horses backside through the windscreen of Petes car. :target:

JP53 11th November 2006 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 4909)
50 MPH all the way from Ruislip to Warwick services, Full tank start and refill at the pump, calculated it out. Okay, maybe the tyre pressures were a bit high and I had slackened off the wheel bearings a few pounds too........

Pete please help me before I have to result to sending one and only son out to clean chimneys AND catch worms. :D How can I get that out of mine?

GreyGhost 11th November 2006 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Phillips (Post 5016)
Pete please help me before I have to result to sending one and only son out to clean chimneys AND catch worms. :D How can I get that out of mine?

Worms are free John that's the best thing about them. Children unfortunately are not :)

Rincewind 11th November 2006 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by raistlin295 (Post 4621)
Rincewind, is your opinion of Shell diesel anecdotal or is there more concrete evidence please?

The thing is, I use Shell diesel all the time and have to drive PAST a BP filling station to get it.

Could I really inprove my fuel consumption just by ditching Shell in favour of BP?

Nope, not flippant comment. I've been logging my MPG for years now (as I used to flying back and forth from Ashby to Longbridge) so I have a rather large file of measurements and I've always had poor results with Shell in both my 25 diesel and also my ZT. The best results I've had for both cars have been when using BP, Jet and Total. BP however has always been the best for me and my driving.

Nic

Pete 11th November 2006 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 4984)
We are expecting a photograph of the horses backside through the windscreen of Petes car. :target:

Would you mind not discussing the missus in public please. She's a lovely lass really even if I am, er, saddled with her. *cough*