The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Club going around in circles! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=244918)

rovermadhead 17th May 2016 13:06

TOAF.... really, who thought of that name lol, every time i put it in my iphone, it coems up with toad, tool loaf etc, every thing except toaf, so cant we change its name to loaf:shrug::shrug::duh::duh::duh:

Alan123 17th May 2016 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2290107)
So you still have Windows 3.1 & a CRT TV?
These are examples that work just as well as they ever have done but things can be bettered.
Take for example the use of discs on T4 & VT4, they are getting outmoded, get scratched and damaged, Toaf of course doesn't need discs.
Toaf will run on XP through to Win 10.
Toaf and of course VT4 doesn't need cumbersome interfaces either.

I have access to T4, VT4 & Toaf, Toaf is the one which is getting further development work, other than the addition of VT4, T4 is stagnant and we have seen that Toaf has seen hidden areas that T4 doesn't see.

Of course T4 is the preferred system but research and hard work from another direction can often surpass the original.

Like I say your 75 hasn't changed either so you don't need anything better than t4

murphyv310 17th May 2016 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan123 (Post 2290192)
Like I say your 75 hasn't changed either so you don't need anything better than t4

I have upgraded Stereo, Bulbs, BCU, etc, OK not all need a T4 or Toaf but nevertheless they are upgrades just like a lot of us do here.
If you look at my profile you'll see I am a vintage "nut" but I do think that technology moves on, a FOC alternative to T4 has to be good especially to those out in the sticks.
The nearest T4 person in the club to me is Lovel, 200 miles away! I am lucky though having both set ups but Toaf is quicker to use and handier and does what it says on the tin!

Blackrose 17th May 2016 15:40

Of course the T4 guys could just ask for donations then they would not have to pay the traders fees. Simples :D

Blackrose

v-man 17th May 2016 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackrose (Post 2290109)
A separate TOAF section in Technical might be a good idea and all things TOAF can be kept together.

Blackrose

Problem with that is it could be seen as the OC officially supporting TOAF.

Colin P 17th May 2016 16:31

Call me slow if you like but i dont understand all this toaf stuff could someone please explain what it is and how it works please or is there a section on the forum that explains it.
Thanks
Colin.

Daveluck 17th May 2016 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin P (Post 2290309)
Call me slow if you like but i dont understand all this toaf stuff could someone please explain what it is and how it works please or is there a section on the forum that explains it.
Thanks
Colin.

Colin, sure there is a thread somewhere called " what is toaf". Just do a search and all will be revealed:D

Phil-T4 17th May 2016 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2290107)
So you still have Windows 3.1 & a CRT TV?
These are examples that work just as well as they ever have done but things can be bettered.
Take for example the use of discs on T4 & VT4, they are getting outmoded, get scratched and damaged, Toaf of course doesn't need discs.
Toaf will run on XP through to Win 10.
Toaf and of course VT4 doesn't need cumbersome interfaces either.

I have access to T4, VT4 & Toaf, Toaf is the one which is getting further development work, other than the addition of VT4, T4 is stagnant and we have seen that Toaf has seen hidden areas that T4 doesn't see.

Of course T4 is the preferred system but research and hard work from another direction can often surpass the original.

You might be interested to know that VT4 is now working on the other members of the MGR family, 25/45/ZR/ZS/F/TF/Streetwise/MG Express/Rover Commerce, cant say about the CityRover as i cant find one ;)

Colin P 17th May 2016 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveluck (Post 2290313)
Colin, sure there is a thread somewhere called " what is toaf". Just do a search and all will be revealed:D

Cheers mate.

trimani 17th May 2016 17:43

I think the Club Management, who in the main do a good job of running and monitoring the club have somehow let the word 'TOAF' blindfold them as to what has happened.

They should have been all over this ages ago, and if club rules are being ignored, and subscriptions being avoided, they should have acted immediately.

No action by club management has allowed 'TOAF' to become a 'Wildfire'.

Any 'System', that works, 'Toaf' or ''T4', that will prolong the life of our cars , has got to be good, no matter what you call it.

So come on Management, get your 'Boots' on.

trimani (ALF)