The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Members Cars For-Sale (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Admitting defeat R75 Tourer V6 - Scotland *Tentatively sold* (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=199233)

Yella Fella 13th November 2014 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 1839278)
Thanks everyone, will let you know how it goes. I'm hoping for a kindly elderly gentleman with a pipe and comfy shoes. :D

That will accout for 90% of R75 drivers :D

lady zed 13th November 2014 20:25

Well if he did have a pipe and comfy shoes I'll never know cos he didn't turn up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

That's the 2nd one. 3rd time lucky. Got an email offer of £600. No thanks. Did have a nice chat with a bloke with a V6 who's mate is looking for one so that sounds promising........

lady zed 14th November 2014 14:02

Well that's it, the deed it done. I have put a deposit down on a Scenic and all goiong well should take delivery on Tues. The Rover will remain at £995 until then and if it hasn't sold I'm going to sorn it, leave it on the driveway and put the price back up to £1295 and wait patiently for the right buyer.

When storing a car indefinetely how much petrol should I leave in it? I know I'll have to turn the engine over a few times a week but anything else I should do? What about insurance?

andymc 14th November 2014 14:21

Couple of things off the top of my head -

If it's going to stand for months, then there's a risk that the tyres could end up "flat-spotting", so you should try to either move it half a wheel rotation or so back & forth every week, or if you have axle stands you could actually jack it up & keep the weight off the tyres altogether.

Don't leave the parking brake on, as it could seize/stick - if it's a manual, just leave it in gear.

No need to leave a lot of petrol in it - think that eventually goes off anyway, plus there's no point in having a full tank in there if you do get it sold.

Pretty sure you shouldn't disconnect the battery, as this could cause a variety of issues with the immobiliser, stereo etc. However it may be useful to do an overnight trickle charge every couple of weekends or so, especially if you find that it's getting slow to turn over.

Hope you get a buyer soon!

Yella Fella 14th November 2014 14:54

Don't be tempted to cover it. Covers can damage paintwork etc. The car will cope with a few months exposed to the elements. A good wash and wax will see it through the winter months. You could over inflate the tyre a to help avoid flat spots. On nice dry days put the Windows down or open the doors to allow air to blow through the car. A buyer is out there.

Weso 16th November 2014 11:55

When moving car to hopefully rotate tyres do apply the brakes long enough to keep the discs clear of superficial rust spots:}

p2roverman 18th November 2014 13:04

I'd say £995 was a gift with the low mileage. Wish I'd seen this earlier as I've just paid £1100 for mine with twice the mileage and still needing all the standard club recommended upgrades carried out. Very tempted, but other half would object to yet another car.

Old man in comfy slippers? ... define him - I'm approaching 70 and currently restoring several much older Rovers!

lady zed 18th November 2014 16:21

Car is now parked up :D I'll leave the price at 995 for an enthusiast. NON NEGOTIABLE

alanjay 22nd November 2014 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterchick (Post 1839278)
Thanks everyone, will let you know how it goes. I'm hoping for a kindly elderly gentleman with a pipe and comfy shoes. :D

I fit most of your description (possibly not the kindly bit) but just to remind any interested parties down South, I can usually collect and deliver cheaper than you can. Happy to give a quote to any genuinely interested buyer.

lady zed 30th November 2014 17:05

Seeing as the frontpage now seems to be littered with sold vehicles and Frosty is still unloved, thought I'd bump it back on the front. Car is still available although now sorned.