The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What features should all 75 and ZT's have came with but didn't? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302221)

macafee2 18th January 2020 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvo (Post 2787465)
Being able to step down the cruise control would be a useful feature, sometimes you do just need to back off a bit. Suppose now you would have adaptive cruise control to allow a constant gap between the vehicles in front.

Never fitted to 75/ZT, think this was only 45/ZS, but it would be handy in the dark.

Puddle lights seem like a good feature, either under the door mirrors or in the doors themselves. Add to that auto-folding mirrors, although wonder if it is possible to fit a system to existing powerfolds?

Heated windscreen? Not seen the MG version, but I hate the Ford ones as the element wires are very noticeable in certain lights which I find distracting.

I suppose we should also be thankful that we didn't get infernal annoyances such as stop/start and electric handbrakes though.

when would you want the mirrors to fold out, each time you unlock or lock the door? Wife's Focus they unfold each time the car is unlocked. Oh how I worry about the gears, ever time I go to the car to get something out the mirrors fold out...... when I lock the car on my drive, they fold in....why?

macafee2

macafee2 18th January 2020 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewerman (Post 2787526)
+1 for the slow down on the cruise

And I wish the SWC were on the wheel it's not convenient were they are.

Factory digital speedo

Ipk shows temp, fuel consumption as well as digital speed all at once

Wide screen touch screen radio with Bluetooth (may be be not available at the time?)

Coupe option definitely having seen the factory prototype pics and the after market replicates

Oh and in a saloon back seats that fold flat

I think the hi line display can have a digital speedo activated, reads a different speed then the needle speedo

macafee2

suzublu 18th January 2020 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2787514)
Well we do have an unused icon on the display!

And the early black header tanks have a moulded plug socket underneath where the plug would have fitted:cool:

Andy_with_a_screwdriver 18th January 2020 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2787529)
I hate hate hate automatic lights. No end of trouble turning on and off when I want the opposite.
My wife drove up to Edwinstowe a few days ago, so concerned was I about automatic lights I asked her to turn them from automatic to on.

macafee2

Totally agree, they stop people thinking about what they should be doing to drive safely. Look at all the clowns driving around at night (or in rain and fog) with DRLs on the front and no lights on the rear :eek:

trikey 18th January 2020 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_with_a_screwdriver (Post 2787556)
Look at all the clowns driving around at night (or in rain and fog) with DRLs on the front and no lights on the rear :eek:

I see this at least once a week down here, why do car manufacturers have to have the clocks lighting up as soon as the car starts these days?

This used to be an indication of your headlights being on!!

steve-45 18th January 2020 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2787557)
I see this at least once a week down here, why do car manufacturers have to have the clocks lighting up as soon as the car starts these days?

This used to be an indication of your headlights being on!!

Had this problem many years ago with my Matra-Simca Bagherra, it had an instrument pod buried deep in the dash and was permanently illuminated - i was always forgetting to switch my lights on as everything was lit up inside ! :duh:

Jim Jamieson 18th January 2020 22:40

Seat belt warning light.

Yes I know the Japanese spec had this which makes you wonder why not on all models. The light was in the binnacle but not connected.

Almost every other manufacturer has this feature.

Rich in Vancouver 18th January 2020 23:20

I had a Chevy Cruise with automatic lights. I go through a 1km long tunnel on my commute and the lights wouldn't come on until I was 1/2 way through-Annoying!
I second the comment on cup holders! (That hold a typical size cup)

marinabrian 18th January 2020 23:24

An autodrain in the boot :getmecoat:

Brian :D

macafee2 19th January 2020 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_with_a_screwdriver (Post 2787556)
Totally agree, they stop people thinking about what they should be doing to drive safely. Look at all the clowns driving around at night (or in rain and fog) with DRLs on the front and no lights on the rear :eek:

I blame the digital dash board for this. Because it lights up, as did the dash board of older cars when the lights are turned on, drivers may think their headlights are on. As for no lights on the rear, I blame the manufacturer, why oh why not show red lights to the rear?

macafee2