The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rover 75 V8 found for sale (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=109100)

Jeff Turbo 27th March 2012 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrorfex (Post 961368)
I'd like to know a little more about the car - is it on Autotrader, or on-line? Any means of contacting the owner?

mailto:[email protected]
Brian is Darrens father and is dealing with all of Darrens cars that are all for sale.
The car is in Thorrington near Clacton in Essex.
Although i've seen the car I don't know any history, mileage etc

J1MBO 27th March 2012 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeb (Post 961144)
Nope. A feature only on the V8s....they swapped it for the fuel consumption indicator so as not to depress the owners.. :D

Hmm, could you explain then the facelift V6 IPK I converted from white to orange illumination that had digital speed readout, but from what I remember didn't have the overspeed beep. I ended up not using it myself and sold it via this forum to David3807 :shrug:.

My understanding for the lack of mpg etc readout on the V8's was due to them never having time to sort the software out with the communication difficulties with the various ecu's on board. I think the "not depressing owners" sprung up later via folklore - if enough people say it it becomes gospel ;).

Mind you I've probably made it all up :getmecoat::D:D:D

edit; not singled you out - hadn't noticed the other two similar comments until after I'd posted.

GT Courier 27th March 2012 15:50

The mileage on the video is 35k me thinks, from a year or so ago, so the mileage should be reasonable I would have thought...

Terrorfex 27th March 2012 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Turbo (Post 961399)
mailto:[email protected]
Brian is Darrens father and is dealing with all of Darrens cars that are all for sale.
The car is in Thorrington near Clacton in Essex.
Although i've seen the car I don't know any history, mileage etc

Thanks. I fired off an email. It's at least conveniently located in as far as my Grandmother lives in Braintree, Essex!

2Diesels 27th March 2012 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 961402)
Hmm, could you explain then the facelift V6 IPK I converted from white to orange illumination that had digital speed readout, but from what I remember didn't have the overspeed beep. I ended up not using it myself and sold it via this forum to David3807 :shrug:.

My understanding for the lack of mpg etc readout on the V8's was due to them never having time to sort the software out with the communication difficulties with the various ecu's on board. I think the "not depressing owners" sprung up later via folklore - if enough people say it it becomes gospel ;).

Mind you I've probably made it all up :getmecoat::D:D:D

edit; not singled you out - hadn't noticed the other two similar comments until after I'd posted.

They've all got the digital speedo hidden in there but it's not available for use in most cases as do the V8s have the fuel computer but again that isn't accessible (it's a work in progress though;)) & I think I tend to agree with you Jim it'll be more of a communication thing than a oh let's not fit one incase we scare people:D

coolcat 27th March 2012 20:55

Guys,
If anyone wants someone to take a look I live in Clacton and would gladly go and check it out.
It's only 15 minutes down the road from me.

Terrorfex 27th March 2012 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 961762)
Guys,
If anyone wants someone to take a look I live in Clacton and would gladly go and check it out.
It's only 15 minutes down the road from me.

I might be in touch with you. If I get the okay from the seller, I'd proceed on your inspection of the car.

coolcat 27th March 2012 21:26

I look forward to hearing from you, any excuse to have a look round a V8!
Good job it isn't a tourer or I might have been tempted myself:D

Roger1 28th March 2012 02:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 960509)
Contemporary SE spec has less chrome and body coloured mirrors on the outside and a darker interior with ZT type seating.

Looks nice - only 17" starspokes though.

I agree Jim. 18's make all the difference, although less comfortable of course. Nice car, and sad reason for sale. I've never had mine up to that speed!!

75SCO 28th March 2012 08:33

17 inch spokes

Anybody buying this and "upgrading" to bigger wheels: I'd like first shot at the 17 inchers. Thanks.