The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Cooling Fan Motors (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7642)

Keith 5th January 2008 18:54

Jon the Kenlowe route is by far the cheapest and most sensible route to take (assuming yours does not just need a resistor) simply for the peace of mind of knowing you have paid a lot less for something that will last a lot longer and is quieter!

So much so that when the weather warms up and demand increases I will sell off my OEM fan motor stock assuming they are still silly money to buy new available or not

pondweed 5th January 2008 19:09

53 plate so I'm presuming ?? 3 speed... but will look properly after picked car up. Be great if it was a two speed but no fan replacements ever, and its been owned from new.

Keith 5th January 2008 19:13

The Black one?

If so do have a really good look at the paint, blobs of Laquer bubling or peeling off is not uncommon on 03/04 cars

My V8 had several one dead centre of the roof which annoyed me every time I saw it in the end

markhowell 31st August 2008 18:34

I have a CTDI 75 Diesel Auto & am fitting the Kenlowe fan at the moment.I disliked the Kenlowe fitting especially to the top of the AC condenser radiator edge. I have extracted the Kenlowe fan (ie: fan & fan motor in 1 combined unit) from it's casing (easy job- few clips & 3 bolts), drilled 3 holes in the Rover fan cover (there is plenty of space, but care is needed) and fitted the Kenlowe fan exactly as the Rover fan was fitted. It seems to fit fine.I am now doing the wiring (Keith Alexander did the first complete pioneering guide to fitting the Kenlowe fan & he says the original ECU controls can be utilised). When I complete the job (hopefully next weekend) I will post details & photos on the website.

Jules 26th March 2009 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by markhowell (Post 227509)
I have a CTDI 75 Diesel Auto & am fitting the Kenlowe fan at the moment.I disliked the Kenlowe fitting especially to the top of the AC condenser radiator edge. I have extracted the Kenlowe fan (ie: fan & fan motor in 1 combined unit) from it's casing (easy job- few clips & 3 bolts), drilled 3 holes in the Rover fan cover (there is plenty of space, but care is needed) and fitted the Kenlowe fan exactly as the Rover fan was fitted. It seems to fit fine.I am now doing the wiring (Keith Alexander did the first complete pioneering guide to fitting the Kenlowe fan & he says the original ECU controls can be utilised). When I complete the job (hopefully next weekend) I will post details & photos on the website.

Well wonder how Mark got on !!!!
Is he still fitting it:shrug:

davidbooker 20th April 2009 16:46

Would this particular conversion work on the V6?

Jules 21st April 2009 00:28

Yep indeed

markhowell 15th October 2009 21:17

Hi Jules,
I fitted the fan & physically it was fine. When I got to the wiring I got Keith's advice to replace the resistor. I did this and stored the fan. It will be used in due course.If I decide how the wiring should be I will post it. Mark

Jules 15th October 2009 21:47

Thanks for the update Mark.
However Keith's original Kenlowe wiring (not sure if he's changed it since) doesn't provide any Trinary compressor protection with the middle relay unconnected.

Additionally I've now devised a way to fit Kenlow kit to 75 ZT's using the full ducting surround WITHOUT any mods to the Siemens cowling whatsoever!
And it takes no longer than the OEM fit either;)

Good luck
Jules