The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Items Wanted (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Wanted - MDF Speaker Rings (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=69170)

Zeb 24th September 2010 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragman (Post 592311)
What would you use then Carl?

Ideally a hard wood but realistically marine ply......:)

Jakg 5th October 2010 22:17

Bump? Still need some for the front :(

geofftl1000r 6th October 2010 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeb (Post 592349)
Ideally a hard wood but realistically marine ply......:)

for what they do and where they are, marine ply might be a waste?

Anyone have access to a CNC machine to knock these up?

Or maybe a spare door that we could use to make a mold for some fiberglass / resin mounts...

Geoff

Ragman 6th October 2010 19:12

Isn't MDF more suited as it is denser and slightly softer - or am I talking the proverbial......

vindaloo 30th December 2010 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakg (Post 597182)
Bump? Still need some for the front :(

Did you manage to get some of these?
I'm also after a set for the front only & I don't have the skill/ tools to make them.

Is there anyone willing to make these for money of course?

Jakg 21st September 2011 10:18

Bump - A member very kindly sent me the bare MDF rings - but the problem is that I don't have the tools (or the skills) to make the proper shaped ones like these:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4030/...88e7eab606.jpg

Cash waiting for someones work :)

spyder 21st September 2011 11:17

I have the skills to make them, but not currently working in a factory/workshop. Depending on what or how many, making a template will not be a problem.

If you want send me a mail or PM and I can see what can be done.
I am a joiner & D&T teacher by the way.

Craig

vindaloo 21st September 2011 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakg (Post 810189)
Bump - A member very kindly sent me the bare MDF rings - but the problem is that I don't have the tools (or the skills) to make the proper shaped ones like these:

Cash waiting for someones work :)

Same required here, like you I have the rings but the knowhow

spyder 21st September 2011 11:57

I have just looked at an old thread, and asked Jakg the following :-

This will then rretain the same speakers ?
The MDF will replace the plastic holder.

If I use my 02 with the base philips unit and unknown speakers, will the speaker sizes be the same. I have never had the door cards off, but need to get the rattle out of the door anyway.

I can make them without a CNC, but the finish will not be 100%.
If you PM me what you think a fair price for them would be(ie what you would be prepared to pay), I will look into it when I have some spare time.
This will also give me an idea if there is more than 2 or3 people that needs/would like them.

Must admit with the DD now the speakers are not great.

Craig

Jakg 21st September 2011 12:14

All door speakers in 75's / ZT's are the same size - be they HK, or "standard" ones.

My speakers are different (as are other members), but the overall size, mounting hole etc are still the same size.

Here are the dimensions of a 6.5" Focal speaker - obviously the magnet is a different size, but it gives you all the mounting holes. It also fits exactly in the standard mount so it should be the same.

The perfect solution would be something that exactly replaces the standard mount - i.e. it holds the speaker in the same place, and at the same distance from the door - too far from the door and it'll hit the door card, and too close to the door and you'll have problems with the speaker trying to go through the weatherseal.

Price wise... well I have no idea how much such a thing would cost to make, so I wouldn't like to geuss - but I'd start the ball rolling with a figure of £30 for a set?