The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Eric's. Cdti (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294282)

planenut 25th March 2019 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2721902)
As of 14:45 this afternoon , Eric was on his way Home..

All sorted with new pulley and new belts

Awful job first time .. everything so tight and the Locking tool I had wasn't very successful . and a fair bit of fun feeding the new belt round with only 2 pairs of hands . :eek:..

even had to take a day off work :duh: , think would rather sat in my office on the PC .:D. Chris

Outstanding!

trebor 25th March 2019 17:46

Nice to see Eric helped out in this way and, thanks to the members concerned, he had travelled a long way to the meet and loves his75, plus he is a true gent so well done to all concerned for going the extra mile

Reebs 25th March 2019 18:20

Chris, you have gone above and beyond in helping Eric in his hour of need, I am truly grateful and appreciative of all that you have done to help him sort his car in what for him was a foreign country.

What started out on Saturday as a very bleak day for Eric at Maidstone services having only just crossed the channel, ended up being the best possible weekend he could have had with his mechanical woes being sorted so quickly and picking up the award for Best 75 and of course the 2019 Windrush Award for best in show.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7845/...52ec121d_c.jpg

Ceedy, as a thank you on behalf of the Club I think it only right that you should be given a year's complimentary subscription as a red. Well done that man :bowdown:

harrisop48 25th March 2019 18:34

Chris,

Good to met you yesterday and personally thank you for supplying your newly aquired for stock Cortego Pulley. Further thanks for going the extra mile and taking the day off to fit it with your mate. You deserve a medal.

Peter.

Sonic ZS 25th March 2019 21:27

As already said, well done Chris and all those involved. Great job :}

ceedy 26th March 2019 06:30

Also. Just for info..
To add to Erics woes he had a slight accident on the way to the national 😲 which put a smear on his rear wing and a nasty scratch on his alloy, so poor bloke has still got this to sort when he gets home.

Eric Druyts 26th March 2019 20:58

As said in the other thread, I was hugely surprised with all the friendship that all members offered me, and by helping me out to get me back on track going home on Monday.
I simply couldn't think of, being able to travel home again already on Monday, and this thanks to the friendship of all members. I do say "ALL" because really anyone, was showing me their concers about my mechanical problem.
At the end the day, multiple options were available for helping me. On Monday morning, Ian and Chris gathered at the Country House, to get the tings done finally. Just like it seemed to be on Saturday at Maidstone region, non of the professional garages region Somerset were willing to help me, but lucky that Chris's friend and retired mechanic did accept the job. Everything ended up in a tuff job of serveal hours, being done, and finished at 3 pm. All ended well, except that my pockets were empty of money ;)
My special thanks goes to Ian, and his friends, who even offered me lodgement and dinner on Sunday evening.
And also my special thanks to Chris, who offered me his 1 and only spare pulley, which he had bought for himself. He did a huge job, of technical assistance to his retired friend. And all this, while she should normally should have been at his work. And you even know the top of the story? Chris had carried his lunch for work, and he shared it with me!

MY BIGGEST THANKS TO EVERYONE !

Best regards,

Eric

ceedy 26th March 2019 21:35

Brilliant news Eric..

oxfordblue75 27th March 2019 06:35

The true spirit of the club shines through yet again, well done to all involved.