The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Discussion (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Bad Example B.S.M. Driver. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=64135)

Barnowlnoddy 28th August 2010 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 567279)
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! If you look ahead and "anticipate" what is going on ahead you should always be in the right gear and at the right speed:shrug:

When I took my test (1955) the examiner had to look for the driver being in the right gear at the right time. This was also a mention in the Police manual. - In those times there were still a lot of cars around without brake lights.
There's nothing more annoying than following somebody who brakes at every bump in the road, or who sees a Speed Camera ahead, especially at night!
Barnowlnoddy.

carlpenn 8th July 2011 16:00

Driving while using a Mobile Phone is still a growing problem, only yesterday I was behind a woman driving an Audi TT and she was blabbing on her phone, her braking was late constantly as her mind was on the phone more than the road, her driving line was horrendous too, on 3 occasions she crossed the white lines for no reason other than she wasn't paying attention. She then got in the wrong lane at the traffic lights and would have cut me up if I had not been holding back as a matter of caution.

It's time to toughen up the Fine and Points for using a Mobile whilst driving, even more so, you should have your phone confiscated until you pay the fine. Maybe that will stop them from doing it.

Oh and no, I don't use my Mobile whilst driving, I call them back, while I am still alive or not arrested for dangerous driving after causing an accident, at the end of my Journey :p:

COLVERT 16th July 2011 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by savvy (Post 567137)
I use gear braking just so I can be in the right gear for any given speed.
It's also more fuel efficient ;)

Also wears out your clutch much faster and with the R75 this is something you DON'T want.
Gears are for 'going' and brakes are for 'stopping'

THAT IS WHAT THEY WERE DESIGNED for. :p::p::p:

You do know, don't you, that you can be in the right gear for any given speed without using your gears as brakes ??? :cool::cool::cool:

Barnowlnoddy 23rd November 2011 06:15

I agree - Driving Instructors are the worst drivers. I regularly come across; one....... at all times is engaged reading whilst his pupil is careering all over the highway. Changing lanes without any prior indication etc. etc. BSM is the name on the car!
Bad Start Motorist should be on the leaners licence.

Barnowlnoddy 23rd November 2011 06:27

Yes, one should be in the right gear at all times - but being so will not increase wear on any clutch. The clutch should already be engaged to allow such de-acceleration to cause braking effort in the gear chosen. Slipping the clutch is the cause of most wear problems.Try driving an Auto, and this will change down repeatedly, which should illustrate this effect; without the disaster?

COLVERT 21st December 2017 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnowlnoddy (Post 858133)
Yes, one should be in the right gear at all times - but being so will not increase wear on any clutch. The clutch should already be engaged to allow such de-acceleration to cause braking effort in the gear chosen. Slipping the clutch is the cause of most wear problems.Try driving an Auto, and this will change down repeatedly, which should illustrate this effect; without the disaster?

The wear I was talking about was wear to the Slave Cylinder which tends to be the first item to fail with heavy use. ( unfortunately this means the gearbox off and cost lots of money.)---:shocked:

In fact to keep wear off this item I tend to use first ,third and fifth gears on the move, on fairly flat roads.------------:snowball:

uk_dave&gill 21st December 2017 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnowlnoddy (Post 858133)

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2576374)
The wear I was talking about was wear to the Slave Cylinder which tends to be the first item to fail with heavy use. ( unfortunately this means the gearbox off and cost lots of money.)---:shocked:

In fact to keep wear off this item I tend to use first ,third and fifth gears on the move, on fairly flat roads.------------:snowball:

That's what I call a considered response - 6 years and 28 days of considering! :D

Gate Keeper 22nd December 2017 02:11

Aurora MG - Andrew Stevens convicted on 10 March 2017 of raping a child aged 13 and other sex offences against children. A name I thought I would never see on the forum ever again. With so many other threads to discuss on the forum, can a mod please close the thread.