The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Which mobile to get (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292284)

Nick Greg 28th January 2019 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by matchless (Post 2706247)
My eldest son has had to insure his iPhone for £1000!. Madness!
I will take a look at those brands as well,thanks.

I agree. Bonkers paying for what is simply an over hyped name. Mine does anything an iPhone can. Just doesn't have a picture of an apple on it.

KeithA 28th January 2019 10:49

Look at Xiaomi as well. I have a note5, under £200 for 64gb, dual SIM, Snapdragon processor etc. Good phone, IMO better than the Samsung S8 I have from work.

The 3 mobile SIM only deals are good too.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Nick Greg 28th January 2019 11:10

Xiaomi Redmi 5 - forgot that one. Nice phone. Big battery as well. My Galaxy S5 couldn't make it through a day without a charge. My el cheapo Ulephone Power 2 will do 2 days easy and has a fast charge so a couple of hours charge and good to go. No sign of battery degredation after 12 months either. Yes it is a bit heavier but that's to be expected.

suzublu 28th January 2019 11:48

I've had 2 Elephones, a C1 & an S8, both pretty good, the C1 holds charge longer. I'm using a Huawei P Smart atm, all sub £200 & all do everything you could possibly need. :cool:

ceedy 28th January 2019 12:16

I'xe Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus , 64gb 8 core and super fast and battery lasts well over a day .. & well under 200 .

only downer is being Chinses any warranty is going to be hard work .

I even got mine with Amazon 2 yrs warranty which in practice is pretty useless .

But its not needed it so far ( nearly a year)

C.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithA (Post 2706262)
Look at Xiaomi as well. I have a note5, under £200 for 64gb, dual SIM, Snapdragon processor etc. Good phone, IMO better than the Samsung S8 I have from work.

The 3 mobile SIM only deals are good too.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

matchless 28th January 2019 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2706288)
I've had 2 Elephones, a C1 & an S8, both pretty good, the C1 holds charge longer. I'm using a Huawei P Smart atm, all sub £200 & all do everything you could possibly need. :cool:

Just had a quick look at the P Smart, yet another to add to the list.
I must admit, after owning several of the Navall things (not meaning to start anything, just a point of view), I thought I would never consider anything from a chinese brand. It looks like they have not only caught up with the big players, but may now be much better (from a value point of view).
Thanks
Paul

stevestrat 29th January 2019 07:51

My other half swears by her iphone but I have no desire to be tied to Apple.