The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

YHT 2nd May 2024 19:14

Got the car back on the road after having fitted a gearbox salvaged from 2 (one with bad dif and one jumping out of 2nd. This one had a gearbox that jumped out of 3rd (but doesnt now ith slavaged gearbox parts ) and has been named "Grasshopper" cos its green and used to jump out of 3rd etc.) Is the good weather a result of its being back on the road? Its een stuck in my garage for months cos I cant work on it in the cold.

Frieduum-sikar 3rd May 2024 06:07

Self Test Buttons On Both VIS Motors

1 Attachment(s)
Ever since I found out that this mod was even possible. I was absolutely itching to get mine done. Well, with a huge amount of trepidation, I carefully opened up these motors, carefully cleaned them up and wired in a couple of momentary switches....low and behold, they actually work.

Many thanks to "michallom" who posted a video on YT of a devilishly simple way of testing each VIS motor...that was all the clue I needed to understand where to attach the wires of the switch to each pin. Gentleman, if a 63yo knucklehead like me can do it...most every 75 or ZT owner should be able to do it with patience and courage.

Nobby 3rd May 2024 17:29

Not today but yesterday, visited BigRuss who spent most of his day working his technical magic fixing my corrupted IPK. What a star he is :bowdown:.
Car now displays the correct mileage instead of rolling backwards and all settings work perfectly again. An enjoyable and worthwhile 400 mile round trip with the car never missing a beat tho sadly not another Rover or MGZT to be seen on the roads.

trikey 4th May 2024 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobby (Post 2995211)
Not today but yesterday, visited BigRuss who spent most of his day working his technical magic fixing my corrupted IPK. What a star he is :bowdown:.

Car now displays the correct mileage instead of rolling backwards and all settings work perfectly again. An enjoyable and worthwhile 400 mile round trip with the car never missing a beat tho sadly not another Rover or MGZT to be seen on the roads.

Excellent, did russ have any idea why the milage jumped backwards?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Nobby 5th May 2024 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2995233)
Excellent, did russ have any idea why the milage jumped backwards?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

No. All a bit of a mystery at first though a few things were apparent when he tested it. The eprom wasn't communicating with the SRS; the vin number didn't tally and there was some loose solder bits floating about. Plus the board had extra leds than normal!? So suspect the IPK had been swopped when I had it delined a couple of years ago. At one stage when Russ fitted a different eprom the mileage went to 665225 and the info centre was full of lines! Eventually he solved it with a new eprom installed correctly and reprogrammed with all the system including the SRS ecu talking to each other.

YHT 5th May 2024 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobby (Post 2995325)
No. All a bit of a mystery at first though a few things were apparent when he tested it. The eprom wasn't communicating with the SRS; the vin number didn't tally and there was some loose solder bits floating about. Plus the board had extra leds than normal!? So suspect the IPK had been swopped when I had it delined a couple of years ago. At one stage when Russ fitted a different eprom the mileage went to 665225 and the info centre was full of lines! Eventually he solved it with a new eprom installed correctly and reprogrammed with all the system including the SRS ecu talking to each other.

What are you lot on about???
Whats an SRS and/or IPK, ???
Yours in ignorance.

suzublu 5th May 2024 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by YHT (Post 2995326)
What are you lot on about???

Whats an SRS and/or IPK, ???

Yours in ignorance.

Seat restaint system, instrument pack 😎
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=53394
Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

Ched 12th May 2024 20:11

Fitted new discs and pads to my wifes zt, also wire brushed then painted both back plates, and while I was there I also fitted some spring protectors after the o/s one decided to snap.
A replacement shock and spring fitted by Shiner, thanks mate.:}:bowdown:

Whilst in the wheelarch I removed the lower arch retainer trim and cleared the huge pile of accumulated dirt that was present at the lower part of the wing.

LowFlyingBus 15th May 2024 17:44

Fitted an inline thermostat after draining and flushing the system with the hose. Now my heater works when I want it to instead of only when it's hot outside, and the temp gauge is rock steady. :} I pushed along a fast B-road for a bit, then let her idle - just to make sure there was no overheating, but all good.

Stopped at the local garage on the way back to ask about my non-functional aircon. Any chance of taking a look next week I said? "mm.. no, but I can have a look now!"

Gas was very low, he refilled it and all seems good now, except that the rad/condenser fan isn't coming on so the A/C doesn't like standing.

Next job probably bumper off to fit a new slow speed fan resistor (after checking that is the issue).

White Gold 03 15th May 2024 20:40

Fitted new vortex type pcv breather and brass diesel injector spill-off connectors with new hoses. The plastic ones did stay intact though.
Then the dreaded pollen filter with ecu box in the way. Managed it by doing a full battery disconnect and unplug of ecu as I wanted to thoroughly check the drain plenum underneath as well. It was not flooded in there, but drain plug full of old bits of foliage/gunk. Pulled it out to see previous owner had cut the end at an angle which probably helped keep it clear for longer. Spyhole mod is on the cards. MOT next week 🤞🤞