The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events and Meets (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Announcing The 26th Owners Club National Meet 26th August 2018 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=283561)

Eric Druyts 22nd August 2018 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2662643)
I don't think we will be eating until around 8pm Eric so you may be OK for time.

If you enjoy our company then you may like to join us when we visit the Netherlands next year.
Thanks Ian

In that case : wwaww; Yès indeed, 8 pm must be achieveble. Yès please, book me in for the dinner.

I'll be glad to join all of you next year in Holland !

Teflon 23rd August 2018 21:00

Weather forecast is now heavy rain all day on the Sunday :mad:

Cliff

Gate Keeper 24th August 2018 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2663051)
Weather forecast is now heavy rain all day on the Sunday :mad:

Cliff

Drove up today Cliff. A406, M25, M1, M6 and the A55. Lengthy delays along parts of M6 (roadworks 40mph and 50mph, where it’s being upgraded to smart road) and torrential rain, however driving by Colwyn Bay at 7pm, it had brightened up with a glorious sunny sky. We are here for 2 nights http://www.glasfryn.co.uk :}

Of note, is the price of fuel along the M1 corridor: 149 unleaded, 150 diesel, Porthmadog Esso 129. We are visiting friends in Glasfryn in the sticks :} on Saturday, it’s Bangor. Sunday night, ferry to Dublin :}

I wouldn’t worry Cliff about washing the car, as mum nature will do it for you on the day.

Is there anyone going to the National Meet, who is calling into see Stocktake, as I have a VIS tester for him to take a look at? Cheers :}

Teflon 24th August 2018 07:04

Got to be honest, I'm in 2 minds about attending now.

We're only coming up for the meet, and it's a 4.5+ hr drive each way. Add in the £250 it's costing for the hotel (we can get a refund if cancelled), plus petrol costs, all for one wet & windy day. Doesn't sound too appealing to be honest. Decisions, decisions......

Cliff

elroy 24th August 2018 08:21

mad dogs and english men, you only get wet on the outside, 4 hrs drive for me but still intend on driving across :D The Mrs thinks i,m mad to travel all that way to get wet, i told her the rains different in Wales :}

Ian G 24th August 2018 08:40

Lots of dry space inside the museum and nice cafe as well.
3.5 hours so far and a little over half way.
Can't help the weather but for us it's the chance to get together with friends again .

Teflon 24th August 2018 08:43

Ah well. Long discussions with Mrs Teflon and we've decided to cancel :mad:.

My fault really. I should have booked a longer break, then one wet day out of, say, a week, wouldn't have been so bad. As it is, we just can't really justify £300 (inc. petrol) for the day with the weather that's forecast. I've no doubt I would have found the day enjoyable despite the rain, but Nora (Mrs T) would be bored to tears.

Ian, can you take my name off the list please, really sorry to let you down :o.

I hope everyone has as good a time as possible, and wish you all the best for the day.

Cheers,

Cliff

Gate Keeper 24th August 2018 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2663130)
Got to be honest, I'm in 2 minds about attending now.

We're only coming up for the meet, and it's a 4.5+ hr drive each way. Add in the £250 it's costing for the hotel (we can get a refund if cancelled), plus petrol costs, all for one wet & windy day. Doesn't sound too appealing to be honest. Decisions, decisions......

Cliff

Good morning Cliff, I understand your reservations in regard to the weather and to the cost. Yesterday we set off at 11 a.m from North London as Jessica had an appointment. I think if we had set off earlier, we would have beaten getting through the 5pm traffic.

We stopped twice on our journey for pee breaks and picnics. The V6 - I filled up before I left London at 11 and we arrived at our destination at 7:15 pm 283 miles completed and with a quarter tank left. The 1998 V6, was a dream to be in and to drive. No overheating and the A/C worked beautifully, nice acceleration when needed.

Interesting, on 02 October, my V6 will be 20 years old and on 03 October OVP will also be 20 years old. Will OVP be at the National? A question for those in the know to answer.

I am not worried about the weather as we have the jumpers, anoraks, hats and umbrellas - I shouldn’t tease :D

For us, it’s an adventure and a chance to see old friends and to enjoy the hospitality, the holiday to Ireland is a bonus. With that, the ferry and hotels in Ireland, its nearly a thousand pounds.

Sorry Cliff and Nora, you can’t make it. Such is the weather aye, chin up :}

Teflon 24th August 2018 09:47

Glad to hear the V6 is behaving herself - she's a real credit to you :bowdown:.

Bit cheesed off at the moment, but it's entirely my own fault. I should have done as you have, and planned a mini adventure around the meet. As it was, I just thought of the National alone, and booked accordingly. Really didn't think it through :o. A lesson learned for next time!

Hope you and Jessica have a great time, and hopefully we'll meet up at a breakfast meet before too long :}

Cliff

Gate Keeper 24th August 2018 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2663182)
Glad to hear the V6 is behaving herself - she's a real credit to you :bowdown:.

Bit cheesed off at the moment, but it's entirely my own fault. I should have done as you have, and planned a mini adventure around the meet. As it was, I just thought of the National alone, and booked accordingly. Really didn't think it through :o. A lesson learned for next time!

Hope you and Jessica have a great time, and hopefully we'll meet up at a breakfast meet before too long :}

Cliff

By the end of next week, it’s going to get much warmer again. Thanks Cliff for those thoughts. I will have to check the dates for the breakfast meets. Thanks for mentioning it.