The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Colin's new baby (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=98059)

tonybubble 25th November 2011 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Diesels (Post 859994)
Ooh now that's interesting...............hopes the missing fog light mount is on the N/S, I couldn't be that lucky:shrug:

Hi Col, No -not that lucky. I think that the missing mounts are on the offside. ;)
PM me your email address and I will send pics.

2Diesels 25th November 2011 10:28

RESULT!
Just had a 2nd chance offer on one I was bidding on & it's at a fairly sensible price so it's on it's way.................thanks everyone for their assistance;)
I think that's the last piece of the jigsaw:D:D

coolcat 25th November 2011 12:01

Glad to see you're getting it sorted:D
You won't need to bring that socket set with you now on Sunday;)

tonybubble 25th November 2011 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Diesels (Post 860071)
RESULT!
Just had a 2nd chance offer on one I was bidding on & it's at a fairly sensible price so it's on it's way.................thanks everyone for their assistance;)
I think that's the last piece of the jigsaw:D:D

Great news, Col. Won't be long now then to: Get your motor running, head out on the highway........:D

2Diesels 25th November 2011 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonybubble (Post 860142)
Great news, Col. Won't be long now then to: Get your motor running, head out on the highway........:D

Hopefully not:D might be a bit multi coloured for a while but at least it'll be mobile:getmecoat:

2Diesels 25th November 2011 22:28

Front brakes done tonight, discs were in a shabby state so I've fitted the set I had put to one side for Grovey's big brake conversion & a fresh set of pads, rear brakes tomorrow I think after work, discs dont look bad but I'll get a better look once the wheels are off. Then there's just a brake pipe to replace & give it a service befre it goes back on the road.
By my reckoning there's probably just about enough left in the pot to get the bumper painted so the bonnet & wing repair will have to wait a few weeks until I can top up the V8 fund:getmecoat:
Oh & then there's the 2 front tyres:o

Ragman 25th November 2011 22:58

Colin, the rears on the V8 are OK to skim if yours are shot, otherwise PM me on the two-sixties if they are too thin to skim

I'll try to dig out the tolerances for you

EDIT

Here you go

New they are 26mm thick you can skim them down to 23mm. Thats 1.5mm or 60thou per side. Note NOT 3mm of one side!!!! This gives you a good chance of skimming up to three or four times.

2Diesels 25th November 2011 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragman (Post 860579)
Colin, the rears on the V8 are OK to skim if yours are shot, otherwise PM me on the two-sixties if they are too thin to skim

I'll try to dig out the tolerances for you

EDIT

Here you go

New they are 26mm thick you can skim them down to 23mm. Thats 1.5mm or 60thou per side. Note NOT 3mm of one side!!!! This gives you a good chance of skimming up to three or four times.

They're not bad at all but I was thinking of getting them faced up just as a matter of course, is the handbrake the same set-up as normal ones? I know the shoes are different

Ragman 25th November 2011 23:12

Well normal to me is the V8 setup, so I've no idea if the rest of the range are the same as my normal set up :D

Handbrake often improved by a good clean of the inside of the drums and the shoes themselves, other than that it's a new compensator from Arctic

stocktake 26th November 2011 07:04

Woolysox had his compensator changed at a nano meet by Artic, same setup as others I am told.