The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Metal thermostat housing KV6 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=24992)

knowga 13th September 2009 20:37

Metal Thermostat

Hello all,

I too have had a worrying water-loss problem with my Rover 75 2L V6 Auto for over 7 months now. Whether it was a HGF or not was not clear. After reading Kaiser's thread's I decided to buy his metal thermostat housing and on reveiving it used Jim McGlynn's thread (although it wasn't 100% accurate for my car, it was a help). My plastic version was a mess. The goose neck was split above the O-ring position and the main body showed leakage at its splitline. This was last weekend. I then had an 150 mile trip and a return trip yesterday (as I was on holiday) and I had no show of any problem...I did lose water when I arrived at my destination but returning home I lost no water...which if it was an HGF, there would have been. I recommend anyone getting the metal thermostat. It was my lifesaver.

silvanobroli 23rd September 2009 09:45

Hi Kaiser , thanks for the email. Will order one from you, how do I pay you .
Also it is to fit a 2ltr petrol manual rover 75, 1999 year. Is that correct.
thanks sil

Lates 23rd September 2009 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvanobroli (Post 391276)
Hi Kaiser , thanks for the email. Will order one from you, how do I pay you .
Also it is to fit a 2ltr petrol manual rover 75, 1999 year. Is that correct.
thanks sil

Sil,
I have emailed you a couple of days back, please let me know your thoughts.

Yes this will fit the 2.0 kv6.

silvanobroli 26th September 2009 10:18

Feedback regards metal housing from members

Hi Guido are you on hols not heard from you lately. Just wondering if you have had any feedback from members who have had the metal thermostat housing fitted for a while. Thanks for the attachment it looks a great piece of kit. regards Sil. Your comments or member comments would be greatly appreciated.

Zeb 26th September 2009 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvanobroli (Post 392734)
Hi Guido are you on hols not heard from you lately. Just wondering if you have had any feedback from members who have had the metal thermostat housing fitted for a while. Thanks for the attachment it looks a great piece of kit. regards Sil. Your comments or member comments would be greatly appreciated.

I have it but yet to fit it as my current plastic thermostat seems ok..however, I would say it is an excellently enginerred piece of kit and I have complete confidence in it. It makes a lovely shiny ornament until fitting too....:D

Simon W 26th September 2009 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvanobroli (Post 392734)
.....Just wondering if you have had any feedback from members who have had the metal thermostat housing fitted ....

Kaiser's housing has been on mine for a couple of weeks now. No problems at all and coolant level is exactly as Lates & Pete left it. I'd rather trust the metal one than the silly plastic MGR effort.

The only thing is that (on fitting) the O ring was too fat/chunky and wouldn't go in without snagging. After changing it for the standard MGR one (L&P had a bag of 'em) everything was fine.

Ask Lates for the p/n of the MGR ring (the one on right in your pic http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...1&d=1253960298). If Lates & Pete are fitting your Kaiser housing, they'll know about this already.

Lates 26th September 2009 23:22

CDU 3585 iirc ;)

Simon W 26th September 2009 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lates (Post 393171)
CDU 3585 iirc ;)

There you go Sil, told you so!

(PS. Lates - you still haven't told me how much I owe you!!)

Lates 26th September 2009 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon W (Post 393174)
There you go Sil, told you so!

(PS. Lates - you still haven't told me how much I owe you!!)

Wish my memory was as good as your honesty Simon, call me tomorrow beween 6-7 and will sort it there and then, thanks for the jog :o

higgi23 27th September 2009 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lates (Post 393176)
Wish my memory was as good as your honesty Simon, :o

.........................:poke::D