Terms Of Service
Data Protection Act
The 75 & ZT Forum - get involved!
The forum is here to help you, with information on a massive
range of topics and advice, banter and sometimes a little controversy.
Before going to the forum, please read the rules regarding posting information on there. By using the forums you agree to the following rules and conditions.
Due to the very nature of the 75 and ZT owner we could probably get away with having very few
forum rules but we have to protect our members and ourselves from bored schoolboys and the odd
troll that heads our way. So here are the rules of the 75 & ZT Owners Club forums.
1. You are prohibited from transmitting through the forum any unlawful, harassing or abusive materials.
Pornography is not allowed under any circumstances and will not be tolerated.
2. Remain courteous and respectful to other users of the forums at all times. You may obviously not agree
with some views but do not let it descend into arguments or abuse.
3. You are prohibited from transmitting through the forums any hateful, racial, ageist, sexual or
objectionable material of any type whatsoever
4. You are prohibited from posting any material that may infringe on any intellectual property rights,
copyright or trademark or any rights of any third party.
5. Do not post on the forums the same thing repeatedly otherwise known as spamming. Spammers will be
given short measure by the moderators.
6. You are prohibited re-posting something a moderator has deleted. If you have a problem with any
moderating please bring it to our attention but do not post on the forums about it. The forums should
remain a calm place to be.
7. Under no circumstances register usernames that are deliberately offensive, this could be swear words
or anything racial, sexual or ageist.
8. It is prohibited to send junk mail, spamming, or to advertise any outside company apart from as a
service to members. ie great discounts at xtyres at the moment type of posts. If you have any personal
links to the company concerned please ask permission first.
9. Do not advertise commercial products unless it is to aid another members with a problem.
10. Do not use the forums for the conduct of business, without first contacting a moderator with regard to becoming a trader member.
11. You are prohibited from taking any action to disturb the use of the forum by other members.
12. Multiple logins are not allowed, ALL accounts which prove to be multiple accounts will be removed
including the original account.
13. Please be aware that any legal action which arises from a posting you make on The
75 & ZT Owners Club forum will be your own responsibility. The 75 & ZT Owners Club
obligations under such circumstances would be to delete the offending message in order
to comply with the law under the Defamation Act 1996. Any litigation for defamation,
libel, or otherwise highly offensive or illegal content would then rest entirely with
you as the "original author" of the content.
All goods/services/advice advertised, given or sold through the club this being the club website or club forum are between the seller and buyer. The club does not accept any responsibility for these goods/services/advice and cannot be held responsible for any problems with the goods/services/advice. The use of goods/services/advice offered either by advertisers, by other club members or the club officials is done of their own volition and without the support or protection of the club. The 75 & ZT Owners Club is not reponsible for members cars/parts/private belongings of any member whatsoever and the advice that the 75 & ZT Owners Club would offer is to always follow the MG Rover car handbook at all times.
Failure to comply with any forum rules may result in your posts being deleted and your account being
removed from the 75 & ZT Owners Club forum.
1. You will not hold the forum owners responsible for any material transmitted through the site by other users.
By the very nature of the site being 24/7 we will remove any offending messages/pictures etc as soon as they
are seen by either the owners of the forum or the moderators.
2. You should understand that you might be exposed to objectionable, offensive and indecent material transmitted
by other users. We will do everything in our power for this not to happen but again its a 24/7 forum so please
understand it will be removed as soon as we see it or it is brought to our attention.
3. In the UK, if someone believes that what you have written about them in the public
domain is false and has damaged their reputation, the onus is on you to prove that your
comments are true. So if you make a damaging claim you have to be prepared to prove it.
Whatís more itís not just the person who originally made the allegations who can be sued,
anyone who repeats false allegations can also be sued.
4. As a members of the 75 & ZT Owners Club you are responsible for your account, the password to your account
and any activities conducted while logged into the account. You are responsible for the safekeeping of the
password and the account.
By using the forums you acknowledge that you agree to the following terms of service:
We the forum owners may halt the forum at any time and without notice. We will do everything in our power to
keep the forums open 24/7. We will on occasion have to work on the forums but you will be notified as and when
this will take place.
We the owners do not make any commitments to an error free service nor do we commit to an uninterupted service.
The user will remember that all advice given by other members is done entirely at the users risk and the 75 & ZT
Owners Club is not responsible should anything untoward happen as a result of using such information.
The owners have total control over the forum at all times and we reserve the option of adding more rules should
we deem it needed at any time. Your continued use of these forums are dependent on these and all future rules at all times.
The 75 & ZT Owners Club retain the right to cancel, modify, add or take off any forums that we regard as
necessary without any period of notice to the user.
Important Notice About Cookies
On the 26th May 2011, new rules came into force regarding cookies. These rules require that cookies can only be placed on devices where the user has given their consent.
What are Cookies?
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer's hard drive while you are viewing a website
Cookies allow us to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our forum.
We do use persistent cookies, which stay on your computer or mobile media device even after you have gone offline.
The Owners Club forum software uses two different types of cookies in it's operation:
These cookies are essential to the running of the clubs forum, such as Session cookies, which enable you to carry out some essential functions like maintaining login details for the session when you tick the 'Remember Me' box. Other temporary session cookies may be used for a transaction if using the forum donate or subscribe buttons. Those particular Session cookies are not stored on your computer and will expire when you close your web browser session.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser, but please be aware that for some parts of our website and forum to work you will need to accept cookies. Cookies can be removed or declined by changing your web browser settings. For more information visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please be aware that this is 3rd party website and as such The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club except no liability for the instructions given there.
The Club & The Data Protection Act
The 75 and ZT Owners Club (hereinafter called the Club) needs to collect and use personal data about people/members (hereinafter called data subjects), from time to time, in order to carry out Club business and meet the requirements of its users.
We recognise that the lawful and correct treatment of personal data is very important to the successful operation of the Club and to maintaining our membersí and other usersí confidence in us.
Any personal data which we collect, record or use in any way, whether it is held on paper, on computer or any other media will have appropriate safeguards applied to it to ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (hereinafter called the Act).
Although the Club, as a not for profit company, is exempt under the Act for registration, we fully endorse and adhere to the eight principles of the Act. These principles state that personal data must be:
1. Fairly and lawfully processed
2. Processed for specific & lawful purposes and not in any other way which would be incompatible with those purposes
3. Adequate, relevant and not excessive
4. Accurate and kept up to date
5. Not kept for longer than is necessary
6. Processed in line with the data subjectís rights
7. Kept secure
8. Not transferred to a country which does not have adequate data protection laws
We will not disclose your personal information to a third party unless we believe it is lawful to do so, or are legally required to do so. We have a responsible Club policy and will not pass on your details to anyone outside of the Club for marketing, harvesting, or any other purposes.
Under the Act, you may write to the Club to request a copy of the information which we hold about you. We reserve the right to charge the fee payable under the Act for providing this information.
Currently this fee is a maximum of £10. We are unable to provide the details until this fee has been paid. Under the terms of the Act, the club reserves the right to provide the information within forty days of the request being received.
If the details we hold are incorrect you can ask us to amend them. Or, as members, you can change the personal information data yourselves, where allowed dependant upon membership status, without recourse to the Club, or its officers.
This policy will be updated as necessary to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the Data Protection Act 1998.
Company Registered Address:
The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd
Northgate House North Gate
Company Registration No: