Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th October 2013, 23:11   #1
Radioguy
Banned

None

Default MG R NAVALL 1 Android Head Units Experiences, Questions concerns

Now that Some of the Android head Units re on the way, I thought that I would start this thread to answer questions and have you folks post your findings and experiences and keep it all in one Place for easy reference. I Will Keep a Summary at the first and Second post Naming the Post number if necessary so it will be easy to reference, So if you have a Question, Please post it here . If you Like It , Please post it here . If you have a problem, please post it here.
You and others will be able to come here , and click a Post link to answer your questions or How to.

FAQ's INSTALLATION

Q. Is this unit compatible with my car?

A. Yes it is Compatible with all years and models of ZT and 75's

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Q. Is there any How to's (text or video) available on the internet? If so, can you send me the link(s)?

A. Here are some youtube videos (Click here)

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Q. Will there be a wiring diagram with unit?

A. There is a quick guide as well as the full manual in the book.
The unit itself has special connectors for every option and external devices.
There is a diagram on top of the unit explaining what plugs in where and what it is for.
You can't plug the wrong plug in the wrong hole as they are all their own unique size plug and socket.
It really is simply plug and play for the connections

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Q. Where should I mount the aerial Supplied for the GPS Antenna?

A. The Sat Nav Receiver Unit is magnetized. There is a bulkhead immediately available, just 'stick' it there! Or if you want the Best signal, The units have a signal strength for the GPS. Try it on top and underneath and look at the strength. If it's just the same then fine but most I've installed the signal goes up by a bar or two when on top. If you do decide to put it under the dash behind the double din then mount it on the top of the metal crash beam not underneath as the signal really drops underneath.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Q. I am using the External Mic plugged to the back of the head unit . But people cannot hear me.

A/. We have had experience where the Mic comes unplugged sometimes when the head unit is put into its final position. Please check that it is plugged in.

Q. Can I set up the Steering wheel controls to suit my own preferences?

A. Once the loom is connected, the functionality has to be configured via the Device Settings menu on the unit and you can select the functions that you like.

Last edited by Radioguy; 20th October 2013 at 15:33..
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 23:12   #2
Radioguy
Banned

None

FAQ's OPERATION

IMPORTANT; You must allow the head unit to shut down completely before restarting the car or turning on the ACC . If you do not , it is like turning your computer on and off via the power plug and not giving it time to completely shut down. If you do this too often , You WILL cause Bugs, force closes and programs and apps to stop functioning correctly. We have the Soft shut down on our units to avoid this based on past issues experienced by competitive products.

Q. Does the unit compensate for Speed and Cabin noise.

A. Yes, you can choose an automatic process where as the speed of the car increases the
head unit will compensate and gradually increase the volume of the music.

Q. Can I record from the TV or other modules of the head Unit ?

A. Yes, you can record TV shows , from the cameras , DVD Player, AV1 or AV2 Inputs.

Q. Which Video formats does it playback?

A. AV1/WMV/MP/3GP/ OGG.

Q. Is it possible to run OBD2 diagnostic software such as "Torque" (android app) on the unit and if so, is the connection established via internal CAN bus, or possibly over the bluetooth?

A. Currently we do not provide for a secondary BT connection. The torque and Similar applications can operate via the MIRRORLINK feature.

Q. Do these units work like a standalone satnav unit, or does it work like google maps on my iPhone ie. needs mobile internet to be able to use the sat nav function?

They do not require internet to operate the Sat nav. the Operate offline .
Great question ! thanks !

Q. Where on the new unit is the Sat Nav software 'saved'? The dedicated 'slot' on my device does not have an SD card in it...one presumes it is the internal memory?

There is no SD Card , It is saved as an APP on the Units Internal memory It operates differently from the WinCE units.

Q. How do I update or add maps?

A. First the SD Card must be formatted to Fat32. Then You need to put the unzipped files on an SD Card, Put the SD Card in the Slot of the head unit , Go to your File manager . Find the files on the SD Card and copy them to the CONTENTS/MAPS folder.

Q. Can't seem to find a way of deleting duplicate phone contacts... is there a way of deleting all contacts?

A. Are your contacts stored to the phones sim and internal memory? If so it may have copied both across and you may need to change your settings in the phone.

Q. I unpaired my phone and contacts disappeared. On phone made sure only sim contacts visible and paired phone and contacts back again but even more copies!!! Anyone able to help me delete copies???

A. Have a look at this |Video on how to delete duplicate contacts. (How to delete duplicate Videos)

ERROR Messages

1/. How to fix the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped error
Please follow this LINK

2/. How to fix the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly error
First remove the hotmail app if you have one. this is indicative of a problem with your contacts data. Possibly facebook , whatsapp, Endomondo. Clear your DATA CACHE (go to ApplicationManagers/Tasks/ then Scroll down to Contacts open it and clear the data cache.

Last edited by Radioguy; 15th December 2013 at 12:08..
Old 10th October 2013, 23:12   #3
Radioguy
Banned

None

Pre-Purchase Questions

Q. Does the unit include dual zone capability?

A. Yes, The system provides 2-zone playback operation function. The driver can
enjoy music, radio, TV, camera, the passengers can also through the 2-zone screen to watch
AUX1, AUX2, camera, TV, DVD/VCDC operation, and independently of each other.

Q. Can I still get Analog TV?

A. Yes, As standard the head unit includes Analog TV module and antenna port.

Q. Does the DVB receiver include an EPG? Electronic program guide?

A. Yes, It will display the channel, programs and their slot times.

Q. Can I control the DVR Camera from the touchscreen of the head unit?

A. Yes, you can fully control the DVR camera from the touchscreen of the head unit but this is only possible with our DVR Camera, not those manufactured by other companies.

Q. Does the Optional DVB-T receiver interface with the touchscreen of the head unit?

A. Yes , you can fully control the TV DVB receiver from the touchscreen of the head unit but this is only possible with our digital TV receiver, not those manufactured by other companies.

Q. What is the Virtual CD changer?

A. the VCDC or Virtual CD Changer allows you to load and store for playback up to approximately 20 CD’s. You can load your favorite CD’s for instant access.

Q. Is this unit rooted?

A. We do not recommend rooting .

Q. Do you provide software updates for this unit and if so, can you briefly describe the software update method?
Also, which Android version is installed on the unit?

A. We possess the firmware and will provide firmware updates if they come available but in reality , with the mirrorlink, Which is the BIGGEST feature off this unit , as phones upgrade the head unit upgrades. There is also a module to automatically update/upgrade from an SD Card as they become available.

Q. Is there any support for the tire pressure monitoring (TPMS) and if so, how is this supported?

A. TPMS We supply Steelmate and yes it is displayable to the head unit. There is a really good one now with Wireless external sensors. http://www.75andzt.com/index.php?rou...product_id=102

Q. Does this model support both front and rear camera, or is there support only for a single camera?

A. It supports Our DVR Camera and Supports rear camera as well.

Q. Does the unit remember present mode (radio / dvd / nav) when the car key is turned off?

A. Yes, it will retain its memory as long as the unit is properly installed. Particularly the constant feed wiring. It keeps memory on radio and music, but not on the iPod

Q. What are the hardware characteristics (CPU type and frequency, how much RAM is installed, etc.)?

A. CPU: 1GHZ Dual-Core A8 chipset RAM: DDRII 512MB ROM: 4GB(external SD 32G maximum)

Q. Is there any review (text or video) available on the internet? If so, can you send me the link(s)?

A. Here are some youtube videos (Click here)

Q. Does the android unit show and store radio stations by their name? I really hate having to remember frequency numbers!

A. Yes , the head Unit has RDS and will display Station name .

Q. What version of android is it?

A. It is 2.3.5 .

Q. Can we add custom logos?

A. We Can Provide and you can install Custom Wallpaper and the new Units have the Rover and MG Start up Logos , unfortunately NOT the facelift.

Q. What is the speed rating of the DVB receiver?

A. We operated the cars up to 50 or 60 mils pe hour (90 to 100 KM / Hr) and the reception remained constant. But we do not have a rating from the factory. To follow

Last edited by Radioguy; 15th October 2013 at 22:27..
Old 11th October 2013, 06:40   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Good idea Sean, I'm available on here as well
Old 11th October 2013, 17:40   #5
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

And don't forget me, I am also here to help others

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2013, 14:22   #6
theridler
Gets stuck in

ZT-T+ CDTi '54 reg

Looking at these new units, do they come with any form of manual? I would say not looking at the way Jeff & Tony have been finding out how things work ...
theridler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2013, 14:25   #7
theridler
Gets stuck in

ZT-T+ CDTi '54 reg

Maybe all the links to videos & explanations so far can be gathered here...
Old 12th October 2013, 15:14   #8
theridler
Gets stuck in

ZT-T+ CDTi '54 reg

I think its not possible to change (i.e. customise rather than standard) the screen logo is that correct?
Old 12th October 2013, 15:35   #9
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by theridler View Post
Looking at these new units, do they come with any form of manual? I would say not looking at the way Jeff & Tony have been finding out how things work ...
Yes they do come with a manual, in chingalease
It will help but only touches the surface of what you can do
Old 12th October 2013, 15:36   #10
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by theridler View Post
Maybe all the links to videos & explanations so far can be gathered here...
That will be Sean's intention Sir