Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st January 2024, 09:58   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

The ladies from New Life have been in this morning and have fitted one of my armchairs with purpose built fitted raiser blocks. Plus they have brought in an adjustable height foot stool. After a few height tests they tightened it all up. Then they turned the chair and the foot stool so I can look out on half of my back garden.
That small job has made me feel a lot better. And now I planned to get dressed, and get back into the habit of getting dressed of a morning.

Had a bit of a funny turn this morning. Possibly caused by me turning too quickly as I needed the loo urgently this morning, I’ll leave it to your imagination as to what I needed. But after awhile I was able to continue over to get my breakfast, take tablets, make tea and have a wash.

The swelling has gone down on the leg as there is a gap at the top just under the knee and I’m able to get my hands around my thigh better. Plus my toes look a better colour. Still wiggling them. Doing a 100 wiggles at a time, up to six times a day. Too much and my foot starts to ache, which is a good sign.
I have cut right back on the painkillers. Now just taking two before bedtime. I was on up to eight a day. So more improvement.

Karen is still coming in and “stabbing” me on a twice daily basis. And she makes me a cuppa so I’m keeping hydrated. Drinking plenty of liquids. Had no falling down water for nearly 3 weeks now.
I went to bed at 20.30 last night and only woke up in the New Year when the fireworks went off. Back to sleep after a wee and woke up when my new alarm clock went off, that’s the boiler starting up at 06.30.

So Happy New Year to all my readers.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2024, 10:02   #2
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

A Happy New Year, Bob, and a healthier one as well - and to all other readers as well of course.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2023, 21:28   #3
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Black View Post
To you all, and for bearing the additional strain of being hors de combat. I hope you all recover and can get away from the beds very soon. This time last year our fellow member BRG Mike was struck down with total paralysis, but, after many months and brave battles in hospital and rehab he was able to attend a meet recently and now has plans to restart our Kent meet soon.

Our thoughts should also be with Peter Baker, recently transferred to rehab hospital in somerset following his stroke.

I hope to be in contact over Christmas as Planenut is already.

With best wishes to you all.

Jennifer

With best wishes.
Well said Jennie, best wishes to all our members of M*A*S*H, keep the faith guys, wishing you all the best.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 20th February 2024, 17:12   #4
dattrike
Posted a thing or two

V6 2ltr auto in copperleaf +CDTI Auto in Royal Blue on loan to Son

Just an idea Bob, think about a lift, may be better for you.
https://www.portal2compare.co.uk/hom...xoCSCUQAvD_BwE
Old 20th February 2024, 18:23   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattrike View Post
Just an idea Bob, think about a lift, may be better for you.
https://www.portal2compare.co.uk/hom...xoCSCUQAvD_BwE
Good idea, however I haven’t really got anywhere to put it. But thanks for the link.

onen hag oll
Old 20th February 2024, 21:11   #6
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Good idea, however I haven’t really got anywhere to put it. But thanks for the link.
You might be surprised where they will fit. When I had a stairlift fitted for my Mother lifts were not available (2010). She died in 2016 aged 98, and I have left it in for me (hopefully not for a long time!).
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2024, 21:16   #7
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

It might be helpful if you could arrange for someone to be with you for the sales visit Bob. The more the merrier because while there is always the chance of an exception sales people are notorious for their persistence and reluctance to leave without securing a sale. Expect the usual ruses to pressure you and be ready with a reason why you must curtail the meeting if you feel the need to - forewarned is forearmed. Make sure that you are sitting down when you are hit with the cost options because the council figures you mentioned above might well look cheap in comparison. It is a big decision to make so take time to think further about it and do not buy on the spot. Have a stiff drink or two ... hic, and using what you garner from the meeting explore and compare any alternatives.

The local council is an option for those who might qualify for a freebie. Surprised your neighbour was asked to pay anything if the means test was met in full, maybe it wasn't hence the requirement for the part payment. But even if you don't qualify for a council freebie it might be worth approaching it for advice on anything that you might be thinking of buying. It will be experienced and familiar with what should be best for you and your situation and perhaps what to avoid. Not all stairlifts are the same and the council might advise to avoid a type on grounds of safety if not something else. Apologies in advance for posting anything that might be obvious to you.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2024, 07:14   #8
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
It might be helpful if you could arrange for someone to be with you for the sales visit Bob. The more the merrier because while there is always the chance of an exception sales people are notorious for their persistence and reluctance to leave without securing a sale. Expect the usual ruses to pressure you and be ready with a reason why you must curtail the meeting if you feel the need to - forewarned is forearmed. Make sure that you are sitting down when you are hit with the cost options because the council figures you mentioned above might well look cheap in comparison. It is a big decision to make so take time to think further about it and do not buy on the spot. Have a stiff drink or two ... hic, and using what you garner from the meeting explore and compare any alternatives.

The local council is an option for those who might qualify for a freebie. Surprised your neighbour was asked to pay anything if the means test was met in full, maybe it wasn't hence the requirement for the part payment. But even if you don't qualify for a council freebie it might be worth approaching it for advice on anything that you might be thinking of buying. It will be experienced and familiar with what should be best for you and your situation and perhaps what to avoid. Not all stairlifts are the same and the council might advise to avoid a type on grounds of safety if not something else. Apologies in advance for posting anything that might be obvious to you.
Many thanks for the information. I’ll get my mate Allen to be here with me tomorrow.

onen hag oll
Old 29th February 2024, 12:34   #9
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I did have the cardboard ones supplied by the hospital but you still need to get to the loo to empty them otherwise they go soggy. I do have a plastic bottle supplied by HomeFirst but I try not to use it if I can. It sits by the bed.

At last things are beginning to look up for you Bob with notification the bed is going back and your mobility is improving.

By coincidence we keep 2 bottles in Kenya and the same in the UK for camping and if we get stuck in a traffic jam for several hours.

When Jessica was in hospital following her broken hip, she was attached to a device called the Caterpillar. The Caterpillar moulds to the female urethra externally and its powered by a vacuum. The purpose of the Caterpillar is to collect urine from the female patient. As it operates, it sucks and vibrates the urine out and the vacuum moulds itself to the female anatomy so it becomes a perfect fit and nothing is spilled. The urine goes direct via a plastic tube into the vacuum bottle. To buy it privately for home use is around £500. I have not seen anything similar for the man.

I am sorry to hear about your mental health struggles. You had major losses with Val and your daughter and your brother. You came through it and you have managed to learn to live with all of that, so you have been through worse and you will get through this. Getting out and about in Banana is something to look forward to.

Today I had physio and the physio made me work extra hard. In fact he had me on a bicycle and I cycled 4km. Now relaxing and as you improve your mobility and independence so will your mental state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2024, 13:35   #10
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

The bed has gone. They arrived at 10.00 and it was in the van by 10.15. I watched them take it apart. They brought two sets of wheels in and the bed frame broke down to 6 pieces and they all clipped into place on the wheels. And was wheeled out to the van. The mattress went out, then they wheeled the commode out.

The lounge looks huge. I’m gradually putting things back in there rightful places. Waiting on Gerry to bring a few things down from upstairs. Too big for me to carry is my table lamp. I brought the shade down though.
Some boxes need shifting into the garage. I have a spare Zimmer frame plus a pair of crutches to go back to Marion. There are two oil filled radiators to be returned. One is Marion’s and the other one belongs to Gerry.

Slept better last night, didn’t wake up till 08.30. That’s late for me. Used my wee bottle last night, much better than struggling to the loo. Obviously I will need to use the frame if a No.2 is needed.
I bought two sets of chair raisers so the one’s that HomeFirst lent me can now go back. I’ll phone Clare in the morning. I have written out a Thank You card for them as well. There is a photo of me and Banana on the front of the card.

The pain in the hip has virtually gone since I have been wearing my leather shoe indoors. So I’m now able to walk better without any strain on the left hip. Why I never thought of it I don’t know.

I managed to get my recycling done this morning. Getting down the steps takes a bit of time but I do it slowly and carefully. I have pulled my “new” wheelie bin up onto the decking. I have ordered some Poppy stickers to go on it plus a number. We have a two other bins for re cycling food but they will live outside, the small one is supposed to be in a cupboard. I don’t see the point of two bins to do the same job.

Did think about going for a walk but it started to rain so that idea is on hold till tomorrow. I can’t wait to get out in the garden, it needs weeding. But I’ll have to wait. Soon be the 6th.

onen hag oll