Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Was it you?
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th January 2010, 22:11   #1
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesgreen View Post
put yourself in the lorry drivers situation,he doesnt want to move from the travelling lane but if he needs to and he needs to do it quick he will do just imagine 44 tons of lorry its not easy trying to move that in a snap decision so he has done it for a reason unfortunetly you ended up near him by his side.
i only point this out because i used to drive these vehicles and the amount of times people seem to think that your driving something that can stop on a sixpence is unbelivable.
i go back to my days when learning to drive and remember a phrase from my driving instructor and repeatead by the examiner "were teaching you to pass a test not to drive it"
sadly i think thuis is true with many drivers on britains roads now but who am i to judge
just been reading this post, and felt that i had to reply.
i am sorry, but i do not recognise the "excuse" that you have given for the lorry driver pulling out in front of someone else.. i to used to drive these large vehicles, and all i can say is, that kind of "driving",is the reason we were all tarred with the same brush.
i think it is a good thing that this government has brought out a scheme wherebye all hgv drivers will have to go on a course to prove they can drive them. i think it is a 5 day course. starts april. i think.

Last edited by bl52krz; 24th January 2010 at 22:15..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote