Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st February 2008, 17:46   #1
gameon
Regular poster

Rover 75 Classic SE

Unhappy Think this is where me and my 75 Seperate! Re Abs :(

Hi All.
Just wanted to follow up my last post about my abs fault, some may remember recent threads.
Well, it was back at the garage today to investigate possible abs pump failure. Under more testing, it's not the abs pump which is at fault, it's the abs ecu!!! Garage said they tested the pump, by passing the ecu and all tested fine. Think he said something about testing it under load and that passed too. He said, he thinks someone as been in there before as the bolts should be the same tension, but some were only finger tight. He thinks the ecu may have a crack on the board or such like hence problem with it communicating with the pump. He found some corrosion on the connectors and clean them, but made no difference. He told me he took the bosch numbers off the bottom to get some prices. He said bosch stopped repairing them 4 years ago, and they could send a new one for £750 that didn't need coding. My garage disagreed with him, and said it still thought it would need coding! Garage said he wouldn't know for sure, until it was installed. I've told him just to put the car back together and I'm going to get rid of it!! I don't want to spend around £1000 to find out it'll still need coding. Garage also states I'm getting a error with the valve relay, but he did say this could be connected with the abs ecu fault.
Needless to say I've had it with my car. I just don't have the money to be thrown at it. Todays bill is £114 and I paid £154 on Saturday to try and solve my problem. So anyone want a Rover 75 Classic Se 1.8 2001 car??

Last edited by gameon; 21st February 2008 at 18:00..
gameon is offline   Reply With Quote