Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st August 2007, 20:14   #1
Simon
Banned

-

Exclamation Correct Procedure to Shut down OEM SatNav (Highline or Lowline)

I find myself having to re-write this list of steps every now and again so I feel that it should have a more permanent position in this thread. Please feel free to reference this post in all your posts http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...1125#post81125

It is important to correctly shutdown the Rover SatNav systen (lowline or highline) before you disconnect your cars battery. This stops you accidentally damaging your system. Also, don't assume that all garages know this procedure if you need work done on your car...

Right... here's what to do.
  1. Open bonnet and boot. Open all four doors - just in case you need access.
  2. Switch off the car at the ignition along with all systems (ie lights, stereo etc).
  3. Now wait.
  4. It is important that you do not touch anything (ie window switches, door latches or even the lights) because doing so will 'wake up' the SatNav system and you'll have to wait longer....
  5. Keep an eye on the little red LED on the Nav Computer. Once it goes out and stays out you know the system has shut down.
  6. Again, do not touch anything!
  7. You may now safely disconnect the battery.
Use this procedure whenever you want to disconnect any components of the SatNav system and if you need to disconnect the battery for whatever reason - even if only briefly.

I should also note it is important you do not press any buttons on you're keys when the battery is disconnected as you may risk 'confusing' the key fob and car.

Last edited by Simon; 21st August 2007 at 20:17..
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 10:34   #2
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

This site has all sorts of in car related and general electrical info
http://www.the12volt.com/
The bit on Cruise Controls looks interesting
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 19:15   #3
Departed
Retired

--

Default Connects 2 interface, installation order.

I've been struggling for a while (actually a long while) to get a T69 to work.

I got the connects 2 interface easily enough, but couldn't get a cable for a sensible price. I found a similar Alpine cable and tried it but got nothing. Cartridge would eject, but didn't even check if discs were in the cartridge, and the head unit showed no CD at all.

So I finally found a cable on fleabay for a sensible price, connected it all up, ran out to the car and connected. It worked, hurrah.

Anyway, wasn't fitting it that car but my other. Finally got it in at the weekend, plugged it all up, and the same symptom as before. Load and eject cartridge, nothing else.

Eventually after trying loads of other things, connected the CD to the connects 2 box, before connecting the whole thing to the car. Then it works fine. So the order of connection is vital for it to work!

Last edited by GreyGhost; 12th August 2009 at 09:52..
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:39   #4
geegee
Avid contributor

rover 75

Default harman kardon or not?

hi all, wonder if anyone can help?
just bought a 75 on a "v" plate, 2.5 conn se.
the previous owner told me it had a harmon kardon system fitted, it has a rear window blind (electric), also a highline sat nav/with working tv,i have searched your site and have noticed the harmon kardon rear speaker sits on the parcel shelf,my car DOES NOT have this, also their is no subwoofer in the boot?
have i i been done like a kipper?
hope someone can help
many thanks
geegee
geegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 18:08   #5
kissifer1972
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Conn Tourer & Rover 75 CDT Conn SE Saloon

Just an update to the 1st post on here - I notice the site has changed its url - here is the new link

http://www.xoutpost.com/143132-post7.html

Last edited by Dragrad; 24th August 2014 at 22:23.. Reason: Post No 1 updated with new link
kissifer1972 is offline   Reply With Quote