Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th May 2024, 19:50   #1
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Default I've found a free ramp to use

Hi.
Many years ago my dad was a lorry driver and he used to lug coiled steel from North Wales to South Wales every day.The company he worked for was a small business consisting of three trucks.1 Guy and 2 AEC trucks.Well times have changed and the business is no more, but the small truck yard is still there literally minute's away from my house in the countryside.
In the yard there's a built up ramp where the trucks could drive up if any work was needed underneath.Ive been tempted many a time to just take the car there when I needed to do some work,as it's right in the middle of nowhere and could probably get away with it ,but it doesn't feel right to do it.
Today I thought I would pop down there again to find out who owns it.There was a house 100 metre's down from it ,so I popped over to enquire who owned it (turned out they did) and politely asked if I could use it from time to time.
He was a little reluctant but when I mentioned the old business name and my dad name he welcomed me to use it.It turned out the same family still owned the land.
So today I drove the car up on the raised ramp and spent my morning wax oyling the underside.
The weather was warm and the car was nice and dry after the nice hot weather of late..
The luxury of having free access to this ramp at any time is going to make life so much easier in tackling jobs such as this .

Last edited by johnnyb44; 12th May 2024 at 19:59.. Reason: ..
johnnyb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2024, 09:31   #2
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb44 View Post
Hi.
Many years ago my dad was a lorry driver and he used to lug coiled steel from North Wales to South Wales every day.The company he worked for was a small business consisting of three trucks.1 Guy and 2 AEC trucks.Well times have changed and the business is no more, but the small truck yard is still there literally minute's away from my house in the countryside.
In the yard there's a built up ramp where the trucks could drive up if any work was needed underneath.Ive been tempted many a time to just take the car there when I needed to do some work,as it's right in the middle of nowhere and could probably get away with it ,but it doesn't feel right to do it.
Today I thought I would pop down there again to find out who owns it.There was a house 100 metre's down from it ,so I popped over to enquire who owned it (turned out they did) and politely asked if I could use it from time to time.
He was a little reluctant but when I mentioned the old business name and my dad name he welcomed me to use it.It turned out the same family still owned the land.
So today I drove the car up on the raised ramp and spent my morning wax oyling the underside.
The weather was warm and the car was nice and dry after the nice hot weather of late..
The luxury of having free access to this ramp at any time is going to make life so much easier in tackling jobs such as this .
Maybe a nice couple of bottle wine, whisky, chocolates wouldbe a good way of saying it's appreciated

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2024, 11:00   #3
johnnyb44

Rover 75

I was just thinking that Arctic.He could of quite easily of said no , and it's going to come in very handy for tackling some awkward jobs..
(Thanks by the way for changing the title thread)
Old 19th May 2024, 20:53   #4
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Good idea the Whisky. I’ll accept a bottle every other time you use it John.
Old 19th May 2024, 21:58   #5
johnnyb44

Rover 75

Smile

Nice one David,
I will send you a bottle over the next time I use it.
Talking of wax oyling the underside the other day I drove over to Harlech for weekend and must of got some wax oyl on the exhaust.
Blimey the car was smelling it bit when I arrived.