Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd April 2024, 12:02   #11
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

One further point to ask about, if I may, how is it that T-Cut quotes a six figure reading for diagnostic test 6.0 as I state above and from that he is able to show the volume of fuel in the left and right side of the tank, adding the two figures to get the total volume, I don't get it?. is that a theoretical figure to illustrate the point he is making?.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2024, 12:42   #12
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
... how is it that T-Cut quotes a six figure reading for diagnostic test 6.0 as I state above and from that he is able to show the volume of fuel in the left and right side of the tank, adding the two figures to get the total volume, I don't get it?
T-Cut is quoting "from an old BMW document" and from "comments made on a BMW forum and from reports by members of the forums." In other words the six figure reading applied to BMW cars which have the LH and RH senders wired separately to the diagnostics. 75/ZT owners noticed that a reading was present only for the RH sender, assuming this was a fault. T-Cut then examined the wiring to discover that the separate LH and RH senders are wired together at the tank connector. We don't know why this was done but it may have been because the MGR instrument pack was designed with only one input for a fuel tank sender.

So yes, the test 6.0 reading of 109330 was to illustrate what to expect from BMW cars but it took no account of modifications done by MG Rover.

Is that any clearer Mac? If not, do please reply.

Simon
Old 22nd April 2024, 13:57   #13
grivas

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
T-Cut is quoting "from an old BMW document" and from "comments made on a BMW forum and from reports by members of the forums." In other words the six figure reading applied to BMW cars which have the LH and RH senders wired separately to the diagnostics. 75/ZT owners noticed that a reading was present only for the RH sender, assuming this was a fault. T-Cut then examined the wiring to discover that the separate LH and RH senders are wired together at the tank connector. We don't know why this was done but it may have been because the MGR instrument pack was designed with only one input for a fuel tank sender.

So yes, the test 6.0 reading of 109330 was to illustrate what to expect from BMW cars but it took no account of modifications done by MG Rover.

Is that any clearer Mac? If not, do please reply.

Simon
Hi Simon, and once again thank you for clarifying the situation further, that makes perfect sense now, and clearly I have misread T-Cut's original post, and that threw me off-course.
It all make clear sense, thanks very much for taking the time to clarify, I am very pleased.

PS Can I ask you about the software reset function of the diagnostic menu, what exactly does it do and should it be ever activated?.

Last edited by grivas; 22nd April 2024 at 14:09.. Reason: additionalcomments
Old 22nd April 2024, 16:02   #14
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
PS Can I ask you about the software reset function of the diagnostic menu, what exactly does it do and should it be ever activated?.
Regrettably I am unable to help you with that question Pete, sorry. I'm not a computer whizz! My instinct would be to leave that alone.

Simon
Old 22nd April 2024, 20:17   #15
grivas

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Regrettably I am unable to help you with that question Pete, sorry. I'm not a computer whizz! My instinct would be to leave that alone.

Simon
That is perfectly fine,thanks again.