Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th November 2016, 10:10   #1
Stevecornwall

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Please help!!Interior light help!! And a few other bits!

Hi guys,first off,thanks in advance for any help or advice given and also what a great forum this is! I love the 75/zt's and forums like these are honestly one of my "pros" when deciding on a new car purchase!right,my problem is that when I brought my latest 75 (2002,auto,cdti connoisseur,copper leaf red,alpine gps tv system) the guy had in his lock up for a long time and the battery had drained.jumped it got it home and charged the battery.after a quick check on here,I read a few posts about the boot light staying o so I disconnected the bulb to find the latest all of the interior lights stopped working,I'm guessing they're all on one circuit.problem is now we are in winter time,I went to reconnect the bulb,(doesn't look blown) but nothing is happening.no lighTs anywhere.any ideas?
Second,I wanted to put in a Bluetooth stereo,got the adaptors and fascia took the original out to find no loom?again,after checks on here I gather that the wiring looks come from the back of the car.worth noting I have a cd changer in the glove box,gps disc thingy in the boot.how do I wire up my stereo?last but not least is that my engine cover has one piece near the windscreen end that is vibrating rather annoyingly making the car sound quite rattly. I press he cover and it stops.also the engine when in park or neutral also makes like a "wave sound" instead of a steady engine running,as if I'm slightly pressing the accelerator and releasing. Any helpful comments would be greatly appreciated,and sorry if Iv posted in the wrong place! I have looked through the forums but can't find any threads relating to my exact problems.

Last edited by Stevecornwall; 20th November 2016 at 10:11.. Reason: Missing info
Stevecornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 10:26   #2
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Taking a bulb out should have no effect on the others. However, the interior lights can be disabled from coming on when a door is opened so maybe that's your problem. Can you switch them on and off from their individual switches? If so then try pressing and holding in the centre button on the front interior light unit for five seconds until the lights flash, this should set them to come on when a door or the boot is opened. If they don't switch on and off from their individual switches then it may be a fuse, but if it is I have no idea which one. I'm sure one of the more experienced members will point you in the right direction.

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 10:28   #3
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Re the interior lights, try pressing the main on/off button for 10 secs. this should turn your lights back on, the wave sound, commonly referred as a whale whoop, is a sign the aircon may need regassing. Hope this helps a bit
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 11:00   #4
Stevecornwall

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for your replies guys,I have tried to do the reset thing to no avail,will have to figure out which fuses need replacing..hopefully someone could pint me in the right direction? Hint hint.... also thanks for the reply about he whale whoop,comforting to know it's nothing serious!

Last edited by Stevecornwall; 20th November 2016 at 11:00.. Reason: Misspelling
Old 20th November 2016, 11:38   #5
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Just had a look through my owner's handbook which says that the interior lighting fuse is number 7 (10amp) on the internal fuse board - which is located behind a panel directly below the glove box. In the later style fuse board, that particular one is the third down in the far left column.

However, your car is older than mine so it might have the early style fuse board and the fuse is F13 which is sixth from the right on the bottom row. Have a look at this thread which shows the layout of both types.

http://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/sh...d.php?t=177897

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s

Last edited by solarsailor; 20th November 2016 at 11:41.. Reason: error
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 11:56   #6
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts
Default Whale whoop

Steve,

In your original description you didn't mention the air conditioning at all:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecornwall View Post
... also the engine when in park or neutral also makes like a "wave sound" instead of a steady engine running,as if I'm slightly pressing the accelerator and releasing.
Can you clarify please? Are you saying that the engine idle speed is rising and falling continuously?

Simon
Old 20th November 2016, 12:21   #7
Stevecornwall

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks solar that's a great help,SD..I didn't know it was an air con issue until I was informed by a reply that it was,and that the common term is a whale whoop....the actual problem I'm having is as described in original post...best wy I can describe it,is that when in park or neutral there's a kind of waves engine sound instead of it being steady...as if I'm slightly pressing on and off the accelerator pedal,will check to see how the rev counter behaves and get back to you..thanks for all of your help so far guys!

Last edited by Stevecornwall; 20th November 2016 at 12:37.. Reason: More info
Old 20th November 2016, 12:36   #8
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecornwall View Post
... when in park or neutral there's a kind of waves engine sound instead of it being steady...
So the tachometer needle is rhythmically rising and falling, indicating a change in engine speed, yes?

If so, that's nothing to do with the air conditioning.

Simon
Old 20th November 2016, 17:02   #9
pm77
Gets stuck in

Volvo XC70 D5 AWD Auto

The OP may actually have an FBH which is kicking in. You probably won't hear it when your driving, but will if parked or in neutral.
Old 20th November 2016, 18:09   #10
Stevecornwall

Rover 75 Saloon

Rev are about 700 rpm at idle,and not really moving up and down much,not enough to even read really,also,this is going to sound stupid now,but what's an FBH (know what you're thinking....nooob!) thanks again guys for all of your help,this forum is brilliant!

Last edited by Stevecornwall; 20th November 2016 at 18:12.. Reason: Missing info