Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th April 2013, 19:41   #21
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Finally got my own video edited, which I have added to the first post also.

Apologies for the poor quality. Video making just ain't my thing.

The HU looks a little askew in the vid but it must be shadows or something as its perfectly straight

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2013, 20:29   #22
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
This is turning into a game of "mine is bigger than yours"
Well ....... When ya Got it ............Flaunt it ! hahahahaha
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2013, 20:36   #23
jubbarelly
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

It really is a nice HU and was nearly ready to purchase one until I read you need a lead from the HU to the one.... Ugh...

I've got an active dock for my phone so that I haven't gotta mess about with a cable plugging it in then unplugging it...

Why can't they do this screen app bit wireless or via bluetooth?!?

I had a go with the HU in halfords today after seeing this post thought this is really nice, paired my phone, great! hmm can't get it to up on the HU display.... Sorry you need a cable.... Ugh.... Bye bye...
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2013, 20:48   #24
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbarelly View Post
It really is a nice HU and was nearly ready to purchase one until I read you need a lead from the HU to the one.... Ugh...

I've got an active dock for my phone so that I haven't gotta mess about with a cable plugging it in then unplugging it...

Why can't they do this screen app bit wireless or via bluetooth?!?

I had a go with the HU in halfords today after seeing this post thought this is really nice, paired my phone, great! hmm can't get it to up on the HU display.... Sorry you need a cable.... Ugh.... Bye bye...
Yep, a lead is needed. Or you could leave a compatible phone permanently connected and tether to your "portable" phone.

As I mentioned previously it may be possible to use a wireless adapter. A Samsung owner has done it but there were lag problems. If I can get a HTC Wireless adapter I will give it a try.

Last edited by CDTi; 14th April 2013 at 21:17..
Old 16th April 2013, 23:05   #25
pedrovader
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Flaunt what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Well ....... When ya Got it ............Flaunt it ! hahahahaha
I hadn't got "it" to flaunt, as my first foray into I.C.E. involved a Mini, with the stereo's power wire "plugged" into the "Fusebox" (i,e, spade connector wedged down the side of one of the 4 fuses)

I had a look at the Pioneer when I got mine, but it felt too apple-centric for my liking, I wish I could justify one of the Android units, but SWMBO would go mental, hence my DIY Budget version.

Looks pretty sweet, nicely done!

Last edited by pedrovader; 16th April 2013 at 23:11..
pedrovader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 00:23   #26
neilbaker86
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

I cheated, I bought a second hand iPod Touch 4th gen 32gb for next to nothing.

I leave that wired in permanently - hidden away, I can use Wi-Fi sync to update my tunes & apps etc as it logs on when I come up the driveway. And my iPhone which is in my pocket connects via Bluetooth for the calls!
neilbaker86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 16:46   #27
stro
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Connie

Hi seems to be a good and versatile system. Would it be possible to use this so called mini android computer as the output: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T001-Dual-...item2a2c087e63
stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 17:38   #28
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by stro View Post
Hi seems to be a good and versatile system. Would it be possible to use this so called mini android computer as the output: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T001-Dual-...item2a2c087e63
I believe these devices give trouble with the Appradio, mostly because there is no "soft" shutdown. Perhaps it would work if left permanently connected to the cars battery but that is bound to lead to discharge problems.

A much better idea if you want to go down the road of a dedicated Android device is to use a phone. I am experimenting with an LG P990 ATM but am waiting on a lead from China.

I won't know for sure how it works until I get that lead. The main source of any issues is likely to be getting the Appradio's BT to pair with both the dedicated and "mobile" phone i.e. the mobile phone will need to use BT for voice calls only.

Old 7th May 2013, 17:53   #29
stro
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
I believe these devices give trouble with the Appradio, mostly because there is no "soft" shutdown. Perhaps it would work if left permanently connected to the cars battery but that is bound to lead to discharge problems.

A much better idea if you want to go down the road of a dedicated Android device is to use a phone. I am experimenting with an LG P990 ATM but am waiting on a lead from China.

I won't know for sure how it works until I get that lead. The main source of any issues is likely to be getting the Appradio's BT to pair with both the dedicated and "mobile" phone i.e. the mobile phone will need to use BT for voice calls only.
Hi thanks for the info
stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 08:59   #30
pete9288
Regular poster

MG ZT

I've got one of these and I've run he cable into the armrest. My phone sits in there and ou can't tell it's there. It still connects well and gives me no issues. I'm using iPhone 5 and the stereo is faultless. I have all my music on my phone but I think I'll buy a second hand iPod touch for more choice.
pete9288 is offline   Reply With Quote