Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd August 2016, 05:39   #21
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc3725 View Post
Sorry to hear the bad news.

Drop in a second hand engine with history. It would be a no brainer for me. I am lucky I have a spare 190 engine tucked away in the garage preserved just in case such an event should occur in the years to come
This is something i should have done when i scrapped my breaker but at the time i was keeping the diesels so didnt think i'd ever need a KV6...

Need to get another at some point... either that or when it blows i'll just put a Alfa 3.0 V6 in it! haha!

OP - New engine, no brainer.. for the price of a new motor and fitting you wont be able to buy another car that is as nice.
I have a few and i can honestly say the MG's really are the best you can buy in the price range even compared to much newer cars personally opinion of course but i think a few will agree!
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:19   #22
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc3725 View Post
Sorry to hear the bad news.

Drop in a second hand engine with history. It would be a no brainer for me. I am lucky I have a spare 190 engine tucked away in the garage preserved just in case such an event should occur in the years to come
this is exactly why i started this thread.i have been on the lookout now for a decent low miler for 18 mths and still nothing has come up.its no use unless you have proven history otherwise your back to square one. its rimmers that are holding us back.just look on their website including vat : bmw diesel 2.0 exchange unit £2675 1.8 k4 n/a £1668 exchange unit kv6 2.0 replacement service part £2507 and wait for it .... kv6 2.5 (190 or 177 or 160) a whopping £3953 !! wow !! is that fair or what .and dont forget your inflated delivery charge !! carry on like this and they will hang themseves. on top of that who is going to remove an engine and fit another for less than £700/£800 without travelling. so if anyones got a proven low miles kv6 engine my offer is £1000 any takers ? xsport
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2016, 17:54   #23
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

Dont be fooled by a low mileage engine, i have seen loads in worse condition than one with 120K on it.

As it happens i have a spare 190 engine that i keep tripping over, if you want it, come and get it, it ran very quite with no knocks or rattles, its ideal if you want to do a rebuild.
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote