Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th September 2018, 11:30   #1
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

Default 800 miles later

Well iv just done approx 800 miles in 4 days going on holiday and my car never missed a beat,where as there's 18 plate cars broke down on side of the road...makes me giggle when my mates take the p out if my 'old rover' haha
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2018, 11:42   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Great stuff, another nice to hear story.
Old 4th September 2018, 17:04   #3
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Yes it's a pleasant feeling of smugness! Followed by that feeling you will now be punished for it! But, apart from poverty, it's one good reason why I've never bought a brand new car! Well made, well maintained cars with careful owners will have had their minor teething troubles sorted, and proved their durability after a few years. Plus you get to know from forums like this what their weaknesses are, so you can check for them when viewing. Some new car buyers buy new cars because they haven't a clue about maintenance, and the bonnet only gets opened by the dealer's service mechanic, or the breakdown man! I wish I had a pound for the number of times I've checked my visiting son or daughter's much newer cars and found them low on some fluid or other, and told them off for it.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2018, 17:13   #4
dave freeloader
Avid contributor

75 cdt tourer auto

I am about halfway through a 800 mile holiday around cornwall. And the crank pulley fell apart. Lucky we are staying on a farm and managed to put a new one one today.
dave freeloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2018, 17:21   #5
DRWMGTF
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur, Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
Yes it's a pleasant feeling of smugness! Followed by that feeling you will now be punished for it! But, apart from poverty, it's one good reason why I've never bought a brand new car! Well made, well maintained cars with careful owners will have had their minor teething troubles sorted, and proved their durability after a few years. Plus you get to know from forums like this what their weaknesses are, so you can check for them when viewing. Some new car buyers buy new cars because they haven't a clue about maintenance, and the bonnet only gets opened by the dealer's service mechanic, or the breakdown man! I wish I had a pound for the number of times I've checked my visiting son or daughter's much newer cars and found them low on some fluid or other, and told them off for it.

Come on!
What are Dads for??
Tell mine off and they wouldn't come back again.....until they needed something.
Actually that's not quite true!
DRWMGTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2018, 17:52   #6
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRWMGTF View Post
Come on!
What are Dads for??
Tell mine off and they wouldn't come back again.....until they needed something.
Actually that's not quite true!
It's just self-preservation - and preventative measures. I don't enjoy getting phone calls from the hard shoulder because the car sounds funny and a light has come on the dashboard!
Old 4th September 2018, 17:56   #7
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Wink

Dave Freeloader - and of course, there is no accounting for S*d's law! Or Karma, if you've been smug! Have you? Own up!
Old 4th September 2018, 19:40   #8
dave freeloader
Avid contributor

75 cdt tourer auto

No just NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- luck I'm afraid. Anyway thank God the farmer had a new milwalkie battery powered ratchet gun. The bolt came out in seconds😊
dave freeloader is offline   Reply With Quote