Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd January 2016, 12:08   #501
Radioguy
Banned

None

Hi Walter
Happy New year !
I was saving your email for after the holiday as the factory is actually closed ... They are moving in China . There is alot to go through , and I was not around alot during the holidays ((Online) But I will go through and respond this weekend.

As for the firmware , I sent this to 2 people and there are problems , Jeff and i did not test it , So this is what happens. So My answer now is NO, Its causing more issues than it is solving, I need to speak with the factory

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendeeze View Post
First off al, everybody a happy and healthy new year!

Sean, can i receive also the update, i did send you a e-mail but i think you missed it in your mailbox.

Greetings
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:21   #502
matchless
Gets stuck in

Mazda cx7/1979 T140e

Default Reset

Factory reset done.
To stop the screen going blank, I have gone into settings and taken the brightness off of auto and set to daytime. When lights are turned on the screen stayed visible.When I selected night the unit went blank, and had to be turned off and on again.
matchless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:35   #503
matchless
Gets stuck in

Mazda cx7/1979 T140e

Default Radio stations

Just lost all the preset radio stations (again).
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:48   #504
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Aircub If you have the same issue then you and Matchless have something different in your cars , because NO ONE Else is having this issue And I Too am not going to be happy having gone through this expense to find out it is your car !
Sean have sent you an email re above.
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:17   #505
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchless View Post
Factory reset done.
To stop the screen going blank, I have gone into settings and taken the brightness off of auto and set to daytime. When lights are turned on the screen stayed visible.When I selected night the unit went blank, and had to be turned off and on again.
This may be a very silly question but have you tried turning the light reostat (below the headlight switch) up to the maximum setting I know the LEDs on these units do not like to be turned down?

It's worth trying this out as it is strange it only goes blank when the lights are turned on.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:50   #506
matchless
Gets stuck in

Mazda cx7/1979 T140e

Default Lights

Hi Tony,
The reostat is up as far as it goes.
Sean has been in constant contact and we are going to try a hard reboot and he has sent a separate firmware file in case mine was corrupted .
One strange thing is when night is selected on the brightness setting , the screen goes blank , (but still with sound and button illumination), and you can only get the screen back on if the unit is turned of and on again.
The brightness is still on night, but after turning off and on, you can see the screen. At the moment it's set on daytime only.
Cheers
Paul
Old 3rd January 2016, 10:22   #507
milford man
Gets stuck in

Jaguar XE Prestige

Hi, I loaded the new firmware on new years eve. Not noticed any differences so don't know what was changed but I am not having any problems (speaks too soon). I was hoping the music player was modified to play albums and tracks in order or keep the settings when you change it to do this. Screen does not go blank for me when I put my lights on.

Regards John
milford man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 11:38   #508
DaPol
Loves to post

75 CDTi Saloon

I've applied the new firmware.

So far so good - I've had one unexpected reboot, but my problems with my account settings being continually wiped have apparently gone away, and my co-pilot license hasn't been reset yet - I'm going to say that so far I'm happy with this version - it's fixed my major bugbear.

Now I just need to figure out how to sort a few others that are probably nothing to do with the unit firmware - such as the GPS mix taking a half second to mix in, meaning I miss the first part of satnav announcements.
DaPol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 14:26   #509
matchless
Gets stuck in

Mazda cx7/1979 T140e

Default Firmware issues

Well,
completed a hard reboot, downloaded new Firmware..and still the same issues when loaded.
Could the partition update have been for another type of unit? (I am now in ownership of an Ownice? brand unit ....well thats what it states on start up..)
Bit lost with this now?
I will gladly eat humble pie if its me....not quite sure it is though.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Paul
Old 3rd January 2016, 16:00   #510
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchless View Post
Well,
completed a hard reboot, downloaded new Firmware..and still the same issues when loaded.
Could the partition update have been for another type of unit? (I am now in ownership of an Ownice? brand unit ....well thats what it states on start up..)
Bit lost with this now?
I will gladly eat humble pie if its me....not quite sure it is though.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Paul
Paul,

I had exactly the same issues as you, including the "Ownice" startup screen.

I have fitted my replacement unit and fingers crossed, thefollowing have been fixed.
  1. Screen dimming works correctly when the lights are swirched on.
  2. Local Stations on the radio are being saved (will check again tomorrow)
  3. Google Play Store recognises the unit and allows me to download software such as Tomtom and Waze.
  4. The Microphone Input selection now shows in settings and works with external mic
  5. So far NO factory resets.

So i guess that I had a rogue unit, it will be going back to Sean soon for testing.

I hope you get yours sorted

Karl
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote