Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st April 2015, 09:47   #431
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Are you saying that the clearance between piston and cylinder housing is too great for the seal to work properly?
Mike
Yes thats right Mike, it is on mine,the internal diameter of the seal is much greater than the bore of the piston it sits on, it's a real sloppy loose fit.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if in some cases they got the machining of the piston seal groove a bit wrong?

The piston is a plastic part isn't it?

Its really odd that some are without any problems and some not.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 13:44   #432
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Plastic , yes that's right Harry, on mine at least it's blatantly obvious there's nothing to keep the seal tight against the bore as there's not enough meat on the piston, it's not rocket science to spot either especially as people are reporting a leak from the piston seal, first thing to check really .
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 15:51   #433
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I've just measured the diameter of the plastic piston, where the seal sits, of two examples (of failed ones) that I have and one measures 8.4mm and the other 8.6mm. The seals appear to be 8.5mm internal diameter. Don't know if that helps at all?
mike
Old 21st April 2015, 17:39   #434
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I've just measured the diameter of the plastic piston, where the seal sits, of two examples (of failed ones) that I have and one measures 8.4mm and the other 8.6mm. The seals appear to be 8.5mm internal diameter. Don't know if that helps at all?
mike
Progress at last...

That suggests the plastic was machined and not machined with enough accuracy, if true it explains the variations in the results.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 18:46   #435
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Just wish they would resolve this!

I emailed them asking for a MK1 replacement or my money back
Old 21st April 2015, 18:50   #436
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Progress at last...

That suggests the plastic was machined and not machined with enough accuracy, if true it explains the variations in the results.
I see what you mean but not necessarily! The smaller diameter may be the result of wear as both these pistons were used examples. I still think that the brass sleeve to alloy casting join seals may be the problem as the front seal could potentially take full clutch fluid pressure when in operation.

Old 21st April 2015, 19:10   #437
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Just wish they would resolve this!

I emailed them asking for a MK1 replacement or my money back
I too have emailed them and guess what , no response, I'm seriously thinking of reporting them to trading standards.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 19:12   #438
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
I too have emailed them and guess what , no response, I'm seriously thinking of reporting them to trading standards.
Pretty gutted its even getting to this stage
Old 21st April 2015, 19:15   #439
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazu_Parts View Post
TAZU PARTS OFFICIAL STATEMENT :

We would like to apology every customer having issues with our Mk II clutch master cylinder. We know that there is a problem with some percentage of our products. After some research and with help from Andy Willy it looks like we know the source of this issue - some number of outer (closer to the pedal) seals can wear our prematurely causing leaks. Usually but not always replacing the seals is solving the problem. We are always trying hard to offer our customers reliable products. That is why we are working on the new seal and piston to eliminate this issue forever. Piston is going to available free of charge to every customer with leaking master clutch cylinder. We need few days for final testing and production - i hope not longer than 2-3 weeks. In the meantime every customer can ask Andy Willy for spare seals to keep their car on the road.

I would like to say that we are not ignoring Your problem or opinion. It is just hard to keep up with production, running the company and checking forum. Please contact us at "store @ tazuparts.com" or "w.zubowicz @ tazuparts.com" we are answering as soon as possible.

We know there is a problem - You are not alone, we are working hard to solve this issue, i can only ask for Your patience.

Thank You,

Wojciech Zubowicz
Tazu Parts Director
Wojciech please don't waste anymore time on trying to fix it, just send us a MK1 version or our money back!
Old 23rd May 2015, 19:56   #440
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Right over a month ago I had an email back saying I would be getting sent a mk1 master cylinder and to be honest I was more than happy with that.

I have left this as long as I can however im now at my wits end.

I haven't received the mk1 version yet and im not getting answers to my emails either.

im not a moaner, I ordered a mk1 version but received a mk2, I have done everything that they have asked me to do and still I am left with a product that is far from satisfactory and is unable to do the job.

im posting this in desperation that they actually read this and see the damage its doing to their reputation.

I would buy another master cylinder but to be honest im skint and I bought a product that's supposedly far superior to the original.

Tazu please honor your promises and do the right thing to everyone who received a Mk2 when they didn't ask for it.