Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th January 2007, 10:40   #21
Simon W
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.0 Litre Club Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raistlin295 View Post
AHA

Told you to try BoB Simon.

They are just up the road from me. Very genuine and helpful people as well.
Yes they sounded extremely helpful on the phone. The only problem is I had a temporary mental block and ordered the complete driver's door mirror when the one I need is actually on the passenger side. What a twirp!

My driver's mirror just has a damaged cover but my passenger mirror has a damaged cover and a damaged body.

Chris from BoB said he would try and stop the driver's mirror being posted but he thought it had already left his end. Oh well, can't win 'em all, (can't win any in fact)!!
Simon W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 14:24   #22
Simon W
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Just a thought I assume your glove box does have a light?

Switch for power folds goes between the two mirror ones so you will need a new master switch.
I think you will find the replacement mirrors quite expensive though PM Raistlin to see what he paid

Keith - a few questions:

I've found some powerfolds at a very reasonable price but they don't come with a switch (driver's door) or a wiring loom. Do you know where I can get said switch and loom from?

How tricky is it to fit the wiring to the switch and mirrors?
Old 12th January 2007, 14:48   #23
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Switch Panel avaiable from SMC and its still an available part from XPart so try your local dealer or Rimmers, but they are expensive, and only available for all 4 electric window models not 2.

Loom also available from Rimmers or it was. There was a "How To" on this not sure if on this Forum or the dark Side recently, all parts much cheaper from Breakers if you can source them of course, but not a Regular fitting so could be hard.

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 12th January 2007 at 14:50..
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 15:02   #24
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
Keith - a few questions:

I've found some powerfolds at a very reasonable price but they don't come with a switch (driver's door) or a wiring loom. Do you know where I can get said switch and loom from?

How tricky is it to fit the wiring to the switch and mirrors?
Simon, BoB do the switch panels for a very good price

In my case, we made the loom from scratch - it is only two wires, for the connectors we used the type that plug onto a PC motherboard for the reset button etc - they were a perfect fit.

The contacts which we used for the Webasto mod were used to terminate the wiring at the switch assembly - they fitted into the wiring plug perfectly. I have dozens of them spare if you want any.

The wiring is simple - it's a little tricky getting the wires from the interior into the doors though

Last edited by Raistlin; 12th January 2007 at 15:05..
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 15:33   #25
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
The wiring is simple - it's a little tricky getting the wires from the interior into the doors though
Wot Wot

With knobs on!

If doing it again I would look very hard first to see if the wiring is already in place between the connectors that are on the car side of the doors.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 17:12   #26
Moonstone
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin1973 View Post
Maybe for the small illuminated light you get on the bottom of some manufacturers car doors like on VW which comes on as you open the door.... or prehaps being that the ZT is of German design influence they are for electric shock treatment and need to connected to your nipple - we have ways of making you talk!
An earlier post stated there was a change to a "stick-on reflector" under Project Drive, but didn't say what preceded it.
Moonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 19:22   #27
Simon W
This is my second home

Quote:
Simon, BoB do the switch panels for a very good price

In my case, we made the loom from scratch - it is only two wires, for the connectors we used the type that plug onto a PC motherboard for the reset button etc - they were a perfect fit.

The contacts which we used for the Webasto mod were used to terminate the wiring at the switch assembly - they fitted into the wiring plug perfectly. I have dozens of them spare if you want any.

PAUL & KEITH - How tricky is tricky? Did you have to take the door trims off, or is there a way of doing it with them still in place?

How can I check if the powerfold wiring is already there?