Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Scotland
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd July 2013, 07:15   #241
kbonney88
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Tourer & 75 Saloons

yep - fab day! and took the scenic route back to perth afterwards..

look forward to next years!! :-)

Kev
kbonney88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:04   #242
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Sorry i could not make this fantastic day, unfortunatly no one would cover my shift at work (as expected).

Well done to Tim with Sir Tam's 'old girl'.

I goes without saying that everyone had a smashing day, i thought about you all as i was at my work.......
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:16   #243
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAHAM1961 View Post
Sorry i could not make this fantastic day, unfortunatly no one would cover my shift at work (as expected).

Well done to Tim with Sir Tam's 'old girl'.

I goes without saying that everyone had a smashing day, i thought about you all as i was at my work.......
Not your fault that your fellow workers have a low IQ and have a diploma in knuckledragging.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:26   #244
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Not your fault that your fellow workers have a low IQ and have a diploma in knuckledragging.

George....You know what my thoughts on them are, being sent to 'Coventry' for nothing, i knew when a certain collegue was asked to work overtime to allow me to get the day off, it was'nt going to happen, in fact he waited untill Friday afternoon before saying he 'could'nt work' the Sunday for me, however i won't forget though.
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:06   #245
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAHAM1961 View Post
George....You know what my thoughts on them are, being sent to 'Coventry' for nothing, i knew when a certain collegue was asked to work overtime to allow me to get the day off, it was'nt going to happen, in fact he waited untill Friday afternoon before saying he 'could'nt work' the Sunday for me, however i won't forget though.
Thanks Graham, it was a real shock. Such a shame you couldn't make it. I've had the "pleasure" of working with a few individuals like that. Remember revenge is a dish best served cold and their time will come.
Old 22nd July 2013, 14:36   #246
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Cracking day out yesterday....................nice to see everyone. Well done Tim on winning the award for best presented car, according to my sources it won by a long shot aswell & deservedly so (stripey mats), it is a real corker & a credit to you & it's previous owner

Stu I dont know if you spotted me but I first caught you at Newtown just yon side of Brampton but lost you at Brampton as I decided to go & look at something. I then planted my brogues into the axminster & caught you again at Nent but as you say I was being blocked by that wardrobe on wheels
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 17:39   #247
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

For those of you on Facebook, The Gretna Green Famous Blacksmiths Shop posted a small gallery on their Facebook page today;

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
derekosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 18:29   #248
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Diesels View Post
Cracking day out yesterday....................nice to see everyone. Well done Tim on winning the award for best presented car, according to my sources it won by a long shot aswell & deservedly so (stripey mats), it is a real corker & a credit to you & it's previous owner

Stu I dont know if you spotted me but I first caught you at Newtown just yon side of Brampton but lost you at Brampton as I decided to go & look at something. I then planted my brogues into the axminster & caught you again at Nent but as you say I was being blocked by that wardrobe on wheels
Colin

Did not see you at Newtown, but defo clocked you behind the white car and the wardrobe, as we were going past nent, the only bit of the journey I did not like was that cobbled road through alston (I think), otherwise a lovely leisurely drive back, had to keep the windows down to cool down the head and neck, and me and Ronnie had to stop for one of those breaks George mentioned at the meet, the comfort break as we called it, but George had a Scottish name for it

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, but have suffered a little bit today with the after effects of the sun yesterday, but well worth it

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 18:45   #249
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
How about this! Yesterday I did 207 miles, averaged 66.9 MPH and according to the IPK got 44.1 MPG. Refilling this morning I calculate the MPG at 44.7 (I calibrated the IPK last year) so my old 1.8 non turbo is nearly as good as a diesel, don’t forget on occasions I was up to 88mph indicated. Not bad for a car nearly 14 years old!
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:22   #250
NigelOBB
This is my second home

04 Rover 75 Contemporary SE - 53 Rover 75 Connoisseur -94 Mercedes W140 - 72 VW Beetle 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
Colin

Did not see you at Newtown, but defo clocked you behind the white car and the wardrobe, as we were going past nent, the only bit of the journey I did not like was that cobbled road through alston (I think), otherwise a lovely leisurely drive back, had to keep the windows down to cool down the head and neck, and me and Ronnie had to stop for one of those breaks George mentioned at the meet, the comfort break as we called it, but George had a Scottish name for it

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, but have suffered a little bit today with the after effects of the sun yesterday, but well worth it

Stu
My offside back damper didnt like the cobbles at Alston either It left a little mess on the road when I got home and parked up.. The day was worth it though
NigelOBB is offline   Reply With Quote