Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th September 2017, 16:53   #11
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John3:16 View Post

When I got to my friends house this morning he had a huge blue ground sheet tied to the 4 wheels and covering the roof as it was half open/closed ... I suppose if I was a real friend I should have gone around last night to help close it but I didn't want to get wet
I hope you manage to get the problem sorted

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2017, 18:49   #12
John3:16
Avid contributor

2.0 V6 Connoisseur Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkeyte View Post
I hope you manage to get the problem sorted

Steve
Hi Steve

Sunroof now closed so panic over for my friend having the autumn leaves and rain blowing in !!!

I'm now trying to source a new/used motor mechanism as it is almost certainly the motor that burnt out. Do you know if it's possible to separate the motor from the mechanism or do you have to replace the complete unit?

A new set of clips are on order for the offending interior cloth covered sliding sunroof cover.

My friend looked completely lost when I turned up this morning as the car is his pride and joy and he'd just extended his insurance so his son could drive it as he's visiting from his place of work in Thailand. When he nipped in to make me a mug of tea his face lit up when he came back and saw I'd managed to free the glass window mechanism and key wind the window shut for him. Told him that's what members of the Rover 75 Owners Club do for one another and said he should join ... which he has now done ... another happy couple to swell our ranks I'm sure.

Neill

2.0 Petrol V6 75 Connoisseur Auto "Ginnie" ...finally stopped that darn thermostat from leaking !!
John3:16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2017, 19:39   #13
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Hi Neill,
Check your personal messages for more information regarding sunroofs

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
Old 4th September 2017, 20:45   #14
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

One thing Neill, at work we have powered doors, and if someone blocks them to stop them closing, the motor burns out.
I think you're right about the motor since it would have been whirring away with nothing happening and has most probably burned out.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2017, 21:07   #15
Avid contributor

2.0 V6 Connoisseur Auto

Quote:
Hi Neill,

Steve
Top marks Steve

2.0 Petrol V6 75 Connoisseur Auto "Ginnie" ...finally stopped that darn thermostat from leaking !!
Old 12th September 2017, 17:46   #16
Avid contributor

2.0 V6 Connoisseur Auto

Quote:
Hi Neill,

Steve
Just to let you know that I've now fixed my friend's sunroof. A second hand motor was sourced from www.247spares.co.uk ... £60 inc delivery but as the part was near to me and I could collect as I passed it was only £40 for cash.

Fuse 23 was replaced with a new 20 amp fuse to be safe even though it hadn't burnt out ... the motor circuit board for the motor was toast.

Price for fixing the window ? ... £40 as he joined the75andztclub.co.uk after I told him how much help and advice this forum had given me (for free) so it was the least I could do for him and his Mrs. One favour deserves another and we have a new member ready to join in with local meets.

Only thing left to do is to repair the runners of the inner part of the sunroof which I'll do as soon as he gets them from eBay.

Thanks for your tips folks and thanks again Steve for your tip for the CD ... safely purchased and received.

Neill

Old 12th September 2017, 20:43   #17
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Hi Neil
I was waiting in anticipation to see if the clips you ordered were the correct ones before ordering mine. Apparently there are different sizes of them.
My sunroof is currently just sitting in place with the 6 screws removed and it has rained constantly this last week with some torrential downpours but the car is bone dry.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2017, 20:53   #18
Avid contributor

2.0 V6 Connoisseur Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
Hi Neil
I was waiting in anticipation to see if the clips you ordered were the correct ones before ordering mine. Apparently there are different sizes of them.
My sunroof is currently just sitting in place with the 6 screws removed and it has rained constantly this last week with some torrential downpours but the car is bone dry.
As soon as they arrive I'll drop you a line.
Neill

Old 14th September 2017, 20:16   #19
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
Hi Neil
Both types are available from ebay, the only difference are the cross centres of the fixing screw holes which secure the clips to the sunshade, from memory they can be either 15mm or 21mm cross centres and I think both types were fitted to our cars, you only need two for the passenger side, the clips are used to drive the sunshade rearwards when opening the sunroof, the clips on the drivers side of the sunshade are a different type and usually don't break.
The video which I posted the link to earlier in the post explains this better

Steve

Old 15th September 2017, 07:58   #20
dbt01
Retired

Quote:
Both types are available from ebay, the only difference are the cross centres of the fixing screw holes which secure the clips to the sunshade, from memory they can be either 15mm or 21mm cross centres and I think both types were fitted to our cars, you only need two for the passenger side, the clips are used to drive the sunshade rearwards when opening the sunroof, the clips on the drivers side of the sunshade are a different type and usually don't break.
The video which I posted the link to earlier in the post explains this better

Steve
IIRC the clip change-over was coincident with the facelift, but to be sure you could talk/email to Nick at Austin Garages (the eBay ones normally come from him) who will put you straight.

David
dbt01 is offline   Reply With Quote