Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st September 2023, 11:32   #11
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Some auto manufacturers aren't happy! Ford said it had already invested 430 million pounds ($531 million) in its U.K. facilities and had been planning further investments to fit with the 2030 timeline, BMW has invested $730 million to revamp the Oxford plant to support electric MINI production as the brand looks to go 100% EV in the coming years.
JLR are also calling for clarity over the re-date.

BEV parts manufacturers aren't going to be happy either with the re-date.
https://europe.autonews.com/automake...delays-ice-ban
Them sums will not be wasted. Those companies just need to slow down the amounts being spent per year. Those factories will still be needed to be tooled up for EV production as, remember, virtually all Europe will be doing the changeover in 2035. All the government has to do is adjust the capital expenditure exemptions over the next five years. Simples.
Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2023, 11:48   #12
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
I think that this (going green)was thought up by a group of drunk MPs who were trying to think how they could make more money by investing in the scheme s . A bit like the ‘carbon capture’ racket. It all stinks and we idiots stand for it. Pity Guy Fawkes did not finish the job of putting the House of Commons in the Thames. Those who support it are hypocrites of the highest order. We send nearly all our emissions to China.........why, because people buy from China. I feel like a damned lemming sometimes .
I think it was more to do with winning votes. I don't know why they went down that route (would have loved to be a fly on the wall........zapp, ooh perhaps not). Certainly no thought of being in, or nearly in, a recession (normal economic cycles, abolished by Gordon Brown) when a general election would be due. That Richard Head, followed by that well named Hunt, Sunak put our money on being at the top of the economic cycle and thus we would not notice being fleeced. How much has that white elephant HS2 cost us not only in monetary terms?

We stand for it because 99% of the implementation is not being debated in parliament and thus just goes ahead. I've wrote twice and attended the constituency surgery of Grant Shapps once to expound on the stupidness of HS2. The problem is Shapps has RAAC between his ears. He will support and vote for anything his sponsor is doing if it means climbing a little more up that greasy pole. Hence one of the reasons HS2 kept going and he was all in favour of it.

An exasperated Kev. mad:
Old 21st September 2023, 11:51   #13
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
I have a friend who works for JLR and they are developing electric cars with mini generators in the boot to increase charge ranges. They think they have got to the near maximum for battery capacity and are looking for other ways.
Another Top Gear "invention" gone viral. A hybrid, who would have thought of that?
Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 21st September 2023 at 11:55.. Reason: missing text
Old 21st September 2023, 12:34   #14
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

We produce 1% of global emissions, in the last 10 years China has produced more then we have since the beginning of the industrial revolution. They are opening new coal fired power plants daily, meaning if we switched off the UK entirely tomorrow it would have a negligible effect on emissions, but would devastate our country and population. Many respected climatologists who reject this doomsday insanity are ignored deplatformed or even sacked for challenging the narrative. A petition with over 1500 signatures of actual scientist's was recently handed in at No 10, denouncing climate change, you can bet that will be ignored or dismissed. The powers that be want us out of our cars, no meat or dairy products, three sets of clothes a year maximum and one flight every two years. I imagine there will be exceptions for certain members of certain house's. sounds like feudalism.
Old 22nd September 2023, 11:27   #15
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

The challenges are already being sought through the high court by Clientearth,Greenpeace, Good Law project & friends of the earth. Saying as the UK Gov is a fully paid up member to Netzero it will be interesting to see what happens.

The re-date to push the timeline back to 2035 is pretty academic really when the ZEV mandate will still come into force next year whereas 22% of all car manufacturers new vehicles & 10% of all new vans will have to be electric, This will then rise incrementally each year to 80% for cars and 70% for vans in 2030, and 100% for both by 2035.
"If a company misses the target, it will be made to pay the Government £15,000 for every vehicle that doesn't comply."
https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/man...-for-carmakers

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2023, 14:50   #16
2L-Diesel
StuartC

Rover 75 Saloon

Default The end is nigh

The fan will finally stop working through lack of power when the s**t hits it.
2L-Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2023, 16:49   #17
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

[QUOTE=torque2me;

Useless governments since 1997.
Kev[/QUOTE]

Useless Governments, FULL STOP,,, who ever is in charge...

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2023, 18:00   #18
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure. It ain't there as even the yanks admit

https://www.facebook.com/reel/793697...?fs=e&s=7MtrtK

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2023, 19:57   #19
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
Just look online at buyers buying cars with claimed 285 miles on a charge and only getting 180-190 miles. You can do better if you turn the heater of and radio off etc......

Exactly, a friend of the wife had a Jaguar I PACE, claimed range was about 300 miles, in the 2 years she owned it the best they did was about half of that and the charge times were ridiculous, it was never the claimed 1 hour to 85%, it was often double that. In the 2 years she owned it they spent so much time in service stations they now have a list of there favourites. They have now swapped it in for a Diesel Mercedes.

We had to smile on our return from Cornwall last week. 2 of the cars on the hard shoulder in the 40 mile traffic jam were Teslas and when we went into the service station near Bristol there were dozens of electric cars waiting for the chargers. Including a Coffee and refuel we were on our way in 25 mins, I suspect some of the electric car drivers were going to be there for 3 or 4 hours.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2023, 22:36   #20
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Your post backs my facts up about Gordano Bristol service area. You know what they say:- you can fool some of the people all the time, and you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all the people all the time. Although, there are a lot of gullible people about most of the time. I wonder if there are still loads of electric cars around the docks in Bristol? You can see them off the m/way.