Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th September 2011, 11:13   #11
rizel23
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 SE Dark Fantasy

thanks everyone, but connected up as guided, but still no joy :-(
Old 8th September 2011, 12:46   #12
PicKing
Regular poster

MG ZT260

Please don't take offence, But do you know that you have to tell the headunit what functions the wheel controls should do-A bit like 'teaching' it?
PicKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 13:00   #13
rizel23
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicKing View Post
Please don't take offence, But do you know that you have to tell the headunit what functions the wheel controls should do-A bit like 'teaching' it?
I went to the settings>wheel> held down 'volume up' on wheel controls then pressed volume down key on head unit. Repeated for volume up and then saved. Is that correct?
Old 8th September 2011, 13:19   #14
PicKing
Regular poster

MG ZT260

Sounds about right, There must be a simple solution here somewhere. I found matters were simplified by taking the IR control box right out of the car, Just leaving the 3 wires which went into it.
Old 8th September 2011, 14:30   #15
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizel23 View Post
I went to the settings>wheel> held down 'volume up' on wheel controls then pressed volume down key on head unit. Repeated for volume up and then saved. Is that correct?

Is there a test button on the wheel setting screen? .

just asking as on mine you press test for the DD to measure the nominal values then press the desired function key to select , then press the wheel button for a couple of seconds, after after all are done then press complete to store the settings ?

Does the screen show the measured values when you press a button ??..

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 14:37   #16
rizel23
Posted a thing or two

many thanks to all whom have helped.

ITS WORKING!

Took old IR box out in end like suggested, for anyone elese in simlar situation;

Black wire from head unit goes to black wire on old IR wiring loom
Green wire from head unit goes to blue/purple on IR old wiring loom

Can finally screw the DD in place permanently now!
Old 10th September 2011, 05:50   #17
PicKing
Regular poster

MG ZT260

Glad you got it sorted in the end, It's always worth persevering with this sort of problem.
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:10   #18
mojster666

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicKing View Post
The headunit should have a red connecting block with two wires to it(black and green) Cut the plug off and connect Black to Blue/Purple and Green to Black. Hope this makes sense!!
I did so, and I destroyed the fuse for the radio (in the fuse box). Then I changed wire, fuse survive, steering wheel controls are still not working. Changed wires once again and again destroyed the fuse.
Circuit connection guidance in the user manual is completely different than the yellow connector on the DD unit. Where is the mistake? In the user manual, or an incorrect position of wires on the yellow connector on DD unit?

I measured the voltage. One wire is approx. 12V, and the other wire is 11.5V. Here is another connected wire, which I do not understand. Black wire to the steering wheel control is connect to the black wire on the power connector (ground). Why?
mojster666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 19:03   #19
DJK
Regular poster

ZT-T+ CDTi Auto

Default Any Luck

Sam,

I'm having the self same problems myself. I've followed the thread and done as you have, removed the IR unit from the back of the dash and connected in the black and green wires from the head unit, but am still not able to use the wheel controls.

Strangely with my head unit when I try to set up the wheel controls it wont let me change any of the settings? have you got similar problems.

I'm also having difficulty with the unit reading CD's and DVD's but thats another problem.

Hope to hear from you.

David
DJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 08:08   #20
rizel23
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJK View Post
Sam,

I'm having the self same problems myself. I've followed the thread and done as you have, removed the IR unit from the back of the dash and connected in the black and green wires from the head unit, but am still not able to use the wheel controls.

Strangely with my head unit when I try to set up the wheel controls it wont let me change any of the settings? have you got similar problems.

I'm also having difficulty with the unit reading CD's and DVD's but thats another problem.

Hope to hear from you.

David
Sorry to read this David, its so frustrating when you have read guide and they do not always go exactly to plan!

If you have followed the wires i matched and still did not work i can only suggest you try them in different order, either connected all relevant wires from head uni and IR sensor block with these;

http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/54pontiac/crimps.html

(1st picture down from halfords or eBay)

or use choc block connectors.

Just a case of keep on trying, after each wire change go to the setting menu on the DD and Steering wheel controls, for example hold the 'Volume Up' on he control on the steering wheel and then press corresponding button on the DD, it should stay highlighted in blue (if it works) and you can move on to other controls.

In principle it should be easy as there's only 4 wires to connect up, but as i found it took a long while longer than expected.