Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th June 2024, 18:36   #1
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts
Default Good luck to England tonight in the footy.

Not the best of performances in the first two games but we are still top with 4 points.We really need win the group to avoid being in the same side of the draw as Germany,Spain and France in the knockout rounds. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2024, 22:25   #2
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Well,another uninspiring performance but we have won the group and find ourself in the 'easier' side of the draw.Even so,without a serious improvement we will struggle to progress.Roll on Sunday afternoon 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Old 26th June 2024, 10:49   #3
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Not managed to see one match so far but from what I've heard on TV and in general I am more optimistic. Tournament football requires a different approach to what some might otherwise expect. Slow and careful to begin with and try to preserve fitness and your best for later. That is what I take is being done and teams that have traditionally done well in tournament football have mostly done the same. Peak too early and pick up injuries with fast and entertaining football which leaves you tired and dead on your feet for the games which follow in quick succession tends to be a recipe for failure.

Come on England ... you can do it.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2024, 17:52   #4
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Not managed to see one match so far but from what I've heard on TV and in general I am more optimistic. Tournament football requires a different approach to what some might otherwise expect. Slow and careful to begin with and try to preserve fitness and your best for later. That is what I take is being done and teams that have traditionally done well in tournament football have mostly done the same. Peak too early and pick up injuries with fast and entertaining football which leaves you tired and dead on your feet for the games which follow in quick succession tends to be a recipe for failure.

Come on England ... you can do it.
The biggest bonus is topping the group despite some pretty disjointed performances.It means we will avoid Spain,Germany,France and Portugal until the final,should we get there.
From what I've seen so far that's an extremely big 'if'.Once again the draw has been very kind to Southgate and the squad,let's see if they can capitalize on their good fortune. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Old 26th June 2024, 21:33   #5
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

England v Slovakia. Sunday 1700 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿